PDA

View Full Version : Could someone explain to me why there is so much hate to Sveta on this board?

tenn_ace
May 6th, 2006, 04:17 AM
- she is not pin up
- she won tournaments
- she is level headed
- she is humble
- she hasn't bad mouthed anyone
- she gives credit to her opponents
- she gives credit to all people who help her
- she is not arrogant
- she doesn't miss on playing tennis

So what's wrong with her?

Is it because she is not beautiful outside? :shrug:

Volcana
May 6th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Is it because she is not beautiful outside? :shrug:Yes. There is, after all, not a lot of difference between Kuznetsova's career and Sharapova's. Some, but not much. But a lot of WTA fans are just not that interested in tennis.

PatrickRyan
May 6th, 2006, 04:23 AM
- she is not pin up
- she won tournaments
- she is level headed
- she is humble
- she is not arrogant

I thinks there's a good amount of hate on alot of players, not just sveta

Reuchlin
May 6th, 2006, 04:25 AM
I think that all the recent bandwagon jumping has left a lot of posters confused. They don't know who is who anymore.

DutchieGirl
May 6th, 2006, 04:26 AM

Most likely.

tenn_ace
May 6th, 2006, 04:26 AM

but Sveta hasn't given the slightest reason...

dreamgoddess099
May 6th, 2006, 04:28 AM
What hate? She's virtually too ignored for people to hate on.

junlee_vee
There was no need to make a topic about this, it's not that serious. If somebody wants to hate a player for no good reason, then that's there problem...don't let it get to you. (like I used to with Venus haters!)

Summer Snow
- she is not pin up
- she won tournaments
- she is level headed
- she is humble
- she is not arrogant

I doubt anyone of this board HATES Kuzzy. Many people are just joking :o Takle a chill pill home bro! :rolleyes: Btw, in your bad rep, you spelled sedative wrong! :help:

tenn_ace
May 6th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Yes. There is, after all, not a lot of difference between Kuznetsova's career and Sharapova's. Some, but not much. But a lot of WTA fans are just not that interested in tennis.

It sure looks like. Sadly.

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 6th, 2006, 04:31 AM
- she is not pin up
- she won tournaments
- she is level headed
- she is humble
- she is not arrogant

You think that's bad? Try being Justine or Maria's fan and you will understand the meaning of hate... :tape:

Summer Snow
May 6th, 2006, 04:34 AM
You think that's bad? Try being Justine or Maria's fan and you will understand the meaning of hate... :tape:
:awww: :hug: I like her when she's not playing Venus, Serena, Petrova or Myskina :shrug: :wavey:

Lulu.
May 6th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Well I dont hate her...just had to be mean because she beat Vee Im over it though :D

tenn_ace
May 6th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Well I dont hate her...just had to be mean because she beat Vee Im over it though :D

tks for being honest :wavey:

Summer Snow
May 6th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Same here ;) Even though I didn't mind that much :shrug:

Lulu.
May 6th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Same here ;) Even though I didn't mind that much :shrug:

Yeah it was kinda spare of the moment it hadnt sunk in yet

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 6th, 2006, 04:44 AM
I didnt think there was alot of hate to sveta..

perseus2006
May 6th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Kuzy is a cool girl. Very funny and extraordinarily shy. She isn't Pova level beautiful and elegant, but, she certainly isn't a troll. You got to see her in person.

Mother_Marjorie
May 6th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Yes. There is, after all, not a lot of difference between Kuznetsova's career and Sharapova's. Some, but not much. But a lot of WTA fans are just not that interested in tennis.

Interesting comments, but not buying it.

Tournament Wins: Sharapova
Grand Slam Singles: Tied
Weeks at #1: Sharapova
Career Prize Money: Sharapova
Endorsements: Sharapova
SI Swimsuit: Sharapova
Talk Shows: Sharapova
Magazine Covers: Sharapova

Sharapova has made it to the semifinals four of the past five grand slam tournaments. Kuznetsova was the first women's defending champion of the US Open to lose in the first round.

Lemonskin.
May 6th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Sveta's one of my top faves - I think she's awesome :)

Lemonskin.
May 6th, 2006, 05:16 AM

Sharapova has made it to the semifinals four of the past five grand slam tournaments. Kuznetsova was the first women's defending champion of the US Open to lose in the first round.

I think Volcana means they both left their home countries relatively young, got trained up overseas, made their marks on the tour at similar times, won slams at similar times etc. Sharapova has more singles glory but Kuzzie has more doubles wins.

tenn_ace
May 6th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Sveta's one of my top faves - I think she's awesome :)

Yay :wavey:

Reuchlin
May 6th, 2006, 05:20 AM

Couple more things: Wimbledon vs. USO :worship:
Beating a healthy Serena and Davenport vs. Beating an injured Davenport/ Dementieva. :worship:

Lulu.
May 6th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Beating a healthy Serena and Davenport vs. Beating an injured Davenport/ Dementieva. :worship:

:o

harloo
May 6th, 2006, 05:58 AM
I didnt think there was alot of hate to sveta..

I'm still trying to figure out myself where all this "hate" talk is coming from?:confused: Maybe Sveta doesn't recieve alot of attention but I rarely see her criticized in these forums. :scratch:

Junex
May 6th, 2006, 06:05 AM
What hate? She's virtually too ignored for people to hate on.

I agree!!!

and with regards to these statement:

"Is it because she is not beautiful outside?"

excuse me but, there are people that are hated for being beautiful, and the term for that is "envy". :wavey:

meyerpl
May 6th, 2006, 06:06 AM
I think this segment from an interview of Russian players about a year and a half ago explains it:

Q. Any hobbies outside of tennis?

Myskina: I enjoy sleeping, shopping and dining out.

Dementieva: I love to read and collect cactus plants.

Kuznetsova: I like to drown kittens in my bathtub and I enjoy abusing my elderly grandmother.

TFan1156
May 6th, 2006, 06:08 AM
- she is not pin up
- she won tournaments
- she is level headed
- she is humble
- she is not arrogant

Ive seen her in person, she walked right past me. The televsion often does not give justice. Is no Kirlenko or Mirza but is not bad looking at all...

esquímaux
May 6th, 2006, 06:10 AM
I like Kuzzie! :hearts:

TF Chipmunk
May 6th, 2006, 06:13 AM
I think this segment from an interview of Russian players about a year and a half ago explains it:

Kuznetsova: I like to drown kittens in my bathtub and I enjoy abusing my elderly grandmother.:tape: Is that real?

Anyway, I think that most people just hate people who are more sheltered and mysterious, just like Justine. Just because they're not completely all OUT THERE.

harloo
May 6th, 2006, 06:15 AM
:tape: Is that real?

Anyway, I think that most people just hate people who are more sheltered and mysterious, just like Justine. Just because they're not completely all OUT THERE.

:tape: :haha: :haha:

meyerpl
May 6th, 2006, 06:36 AM

It may be a matter of losing something in the translation from Russian to English. Svetlana may have meant to say she likes to play with kittens and visit her elderly grandmother. Or maybe she was simply drunk when she did the interview.

sapir1434
May 6th, 2006, 07:43 AM
- she is not pin up
- she won tournaments
- she is level headed
- she is humble
- she is not arrogant

Am I the only one who finds Sveta beautiful? :shrug:

Anyway, I don't think that there's alot of hate to her here, I actually think she is pretty liked :wavey: I love her anyway :kiss:

Solitaire
May 6th, 2006, 07:53 AM
U haven't made it unless u have haters. People hate/dislike players for numerous reasons. I don't think Sveta gets it any worse than other players who are talked about on this board. Actually she has it easy compared to others when it comes to haters.

Wannabeknowitall
May 6th, 2006, 08:35 AM
- she is not pin up
- she won tournaments
- she is level headed
- she is humble
- she is not arrogant

Actually that's not accurate.
She did complain about Schiavone's response after she beat her when she was injured at Amelia Island but didn't mind celebrating herself when she beat an injured Lindsay at the US Open in 2004.

She seems to be still pissed at the Belgian federation when they pretty much caught her red-handed with something that probably shouldn't have been in her system even in the off-season.

Then that was the comment that Mary Carillo said she made when she talked to her at Indian Wells, "Kuznetsova usually plays with a lot of the guys in Spain, she finds it a little difficult to get use to the lighter balls the girls send back to her."

A lot of the girls on the WTA tour have male hitters and I don't recall them ever saying something like that.
It's a bit insulting especially since she has to know the other girls hit with the boys as well.

Infiniti2001
May 6th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Hate for Sveta?? :shrug:Nah... If anything , she's gains oodles of fans in the last few weeks. :lol: I've seen more bandwagon jumpers since she beat Maria in Miami, and Venus yesterday :eek: Mind you many of those expressesing their joy for her never game a damn about her if you asked me :tape:
Anyway, lighten up and enjoy her success :wavey:

Jackson.
May 6th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Sveta :worship:

Viktymise
May 6th, 2006, 11:06 AM
- she is not pin up
- she won tournaments
- she is level headed
- she is humble
- she is not arrogant

She often bad mouths oponents actually, eg the time when Lena best her in Moscow in 2004 in straight sets and after dementieva was celebrating and Kuznetsova said she was really desperate cause is wasnt that important of a win plus she shouldnt really be a slam champ she got the most lucky of all 3 russian slam champs with playing an injured Davenport, Dementieva and Pierce plus i dnt like her because i had money on lena to win that US open and she got all the way to the final and if she had of wn i would have got 400 euro but kuznetsova put paid to that :fiery:

vwfan
May 6th, 2006, 11:15 AM
You think that's bad? Try being Justine or Maria's fan and you will understand the meaning of hate... :tape:yep, but in one of the two cases, it's well deserved. :lol:
maria is just annoying ! (and undeserving as the highest paid female athlete, but she benefits from the affirmative action program that comes the world over from being tall and blonde,better known as the kournikova effect).
kutzie is fine in my book, and she just beat my girl. all good with me and glad to see her pulling her game together.

vwfan
May 6th, 2006, 11:25 AM

Anyway, I think that most people just hate people who are more sheltered and mysterious, just like Justine. Just because they're not completely all OUT THERE.people don't like justine because she cheats, engages in gamemanship, and walked out of a grandslam final denying her opponent the rightful joy of fully enjoying her first grandslam victory. i'm not even a momo fan, but that was just wrong, wrong, wrong. take your beatdowns, everyone else does!

Scots Kim Fan
May 6th, 2006, 11:49 AM
I think Sveta is fab - my 2nd favourite player on the tour! I like to cheer her on in all of her matches (well apart from the ones against a certain belgian ;)) because she seems a really nice girl and has been playing really good tennis this year. So she's got her supporters too! :hug:

UDACHi
May 6th, 2006, 12:21 PM
She's not really hated.

Andy.
May 6th, 2006, 12:30 PM
How is she hated i dont see that hate at all

goldenlox
May 6th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Sveta is such a raw talent. I don't care who roots for her or doesn't.

I just want her to continue to develop her game.
Not having off court distractions early in her career is a positive, imo

new-york
May 6th, 2006, 02:17 PM

Basically what Volcana was sayin.

SI Swimsuit, Talk shows & Magazine covers taken in consideration is a pretty odd thing.

btw, i didn't find too much hate against Sveta, i thought she was liked.

Oneofakind0490
May 6th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Does she really get a lot of hate? I dont ahte her jsut find her game very boring. I like the concept of her game but I have a hard time watching her.

teleri
May 6th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Sveta is such a raw talent. I don't care who roots for her or doesn't.

I just want her to continue to develop her game.
Not having off court distractions early in her career is a positive, imo

I'm afraid Svetlana cares about it. She talked once that many people didn't know who she was in US Open 2005. I don't want she is bothered by anything but tennis.

squash
May 6th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I like Kuz. she is great, but I also notice that when she wins she is not so talked about like Sharapova.

So it looks like you are jugde by how pretty or attractive you are. This is not fair, but it's the way life works.

I still like you Kuz. I think Kuz is cute!!!!!

svetafecionado
May 6th, 2006, 03:09 PM
For me, I can't see any reason to hate her because I don't know her personally. :)

tennisrox
May 6th, 2006, 03:18 PM
What hate? She has it pretty easy on this board compared to most of the top players.

Jakeev
May 6th, 2006, 03:21 PM
- she is not pin up
- she won tournaments
- she is level headed
- she is humble
- she is not arrogant

So much hate for Sveta on the board? Compared to Sharapova, Hingis, Capriati, the Williams sisters, Henin-Hardenne and even old timers like Graf, Navratilova and Evert, there is very little resentment toward Kuzzie.

If anything, there shouldn't be any hate toward and player but alas, we don't live in a perfect world.

raquel
May 6th, 2006, 03:26 PM
She seems to be still pissed at the Belgian federation when they pretty much caught her red-handed with something that probably shouldn't have been in her system even in the off-season.
She had a cold. She took cold medication knowing she could during an exhibition. Why should cold medication for a cold not have been in her system if it's OK to do so?

I don't blame her at all for being pissed at the way that farce was handled, considering what she did was allowed the whole time.

Krystell
May 6th, 2006, 03:33 PM
I agree!!!

and with regards to these statement:

"Is it because she is not beautiful outside?"

excuse me but, there are people that are hated for being beautiful, and the term for that is "envy". :wavey:

Very true!

smiler
May 6th, 2006, 03:34 PM

:p I think she is gorgeous :hearts:

svetafecionado
May 6th, 2006, 04:08 PM

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/paulsan/f_14vi-vi.jpg

is this what you call not beautiful???

sapir1434
May 6th, 2006, 04:11 PM

Who says she is not beautiful :hearts:

Summer Snow
May 6th, 2006, 04:12 PM

:awww:

améliemomo
May 6th, 2006, 04:25 PM
perhaps because she doesnt look like a barbie model :tape:

she is so talented and nice.She deserves so much admiration. :)

sportlife
May 6th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Sveta :yeah:

LH2HBH
May 6th, 2006, 05:14 PM
perhaps because she doesnt look like a barbie model :tape:

she is so talented and nice.She deserves so much admiration. :)

Yes, that's it exactly. But truthfully I don't really think she's hated but perhaps just a little bit underrated as per your above observation.

LH2HBH
May 6th, 2006, 05:15 PM

She seems like a lovely person, nice smile too.

timafi
May 6th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Sveta :yeah:

anlavalle
May 6th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Sorry but Serena wasn`t herself at the final

adam_ads_n
May 6th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Well...I think people hate her just because she is not pretty...but she is so nice, funny and kind. If you met her and talk to her personally you would see it. She was so funny in her press conference on Friday. She was recalling her match against Chakvetadze from a year before, and she said everything perfectly (when she broke her, when she played a good smash etc. ) and the next question was:

- do you remember it or you checked it anywhere before the press conference
answer:
- i think there is nothing bad with my remembering, I'm 20 , it's not that old at all :D

I really like her :)

Jum_p_Over
May 6th, 2006, 05:30 PM
She just seems a little underrated - i dont see that much kuz. hating going on, in fact there has been a lot of bandwagon jumping :lol:

Justeenium
May 6th, 2006, 05:35 PM
- she is not pin up
- she won tournaments
- she is level headed
- she is humble
- she is not arrogant

:retard:
- players are hated on this board FOR being beatiful
- Kuznetsova doesn't have a lot of hate on this board
- she DOES badmouth people, including recently when she bitched at franny for celebrating her win. why didn't you jump ship there tenn_ace? you were so quick to jump ship on maria after Miami and now you excuse that bitch's actions?

Justeenium
May 6th, 2006, 05:41 PM
that being said kuzzie has done a good job beating players I don't like this year :yeah:

Joana
May 6th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Stop with the drama. Svetlana is not hated.

morningglory
May 6th, 2006, 06:20 PM
hate? what hate? compared to V&S, Maria, Justine... Svetlana is not hated at all.

morningglory
May 6th, 2006, 06:22 PM
ooh... now I remember once Svetlana got beaten by ElenaD and she celebrated and Kuzzy said Lena was probably desperate for a win...
but hey! the Russians need a little rivalry and drama among them

LefandePatty
May 6th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Because here that's WTAworld and not Mentennisforums. We talk about WTA, not about the ATP Tour.

Summer Snow
May 6th, 2006, 06:27 PM
hate? what hate? compared to V&S, Maria, Justine... Svetlana is not hated at all.

Don't even put them in the same sentence with those 2 other girls! :rolleyes: :o

Summer Snow
May 6th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Because here that's WTAworld and not Mentennisforums. We talk about WTA, not about the ATP Tour.
:rolleyes: Even thought that didn't make complete sense, I think I know what you're tyring to say.

Is it that we shouldn't discuss Kuznetsova on this board because she's a man and men aren't supopsed to be discussed on WTAworld?! :fiery: :o :rolleyes: :mad: :angel:

FrenchY52
May 6th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Probably because this forum is made of many jealous persons :(

Grohl
May 6th, 2006, 06:39 PM
their careers might be alike, but I'm not going for sharapova cause she's supposed to be "hotter"... she ain't!

Grohl
May 6th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Am I the only one who finds Sveta beautiful? :shrug:

nope, i'm sure there are more!

Justine Fan
May 6th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Seems to me that the OP is very paranoid and a bit :cuckoo:

I can't see any hate regarding Svetlana on this board and being a Justine fan ... I know what hate is ;)

Or did the OP just want to see posters say "how marvellous Sveta is and decided to twist it a bit"? Seems like OP is talking utter :bs:

LegionArgentina
May 6th, 2006, 07:08 PM
She is not really hated

The only thing that she isnt pretty
But i prefer girls who has a beuty smile, a beuty play , i love her when she goes to the net he has a very good volley and great serve, i hope she can win Wimbledon this year.

tenn_ace
May 6th, 2006, 09:19 PM
:p I think she is gorgeous :hearts:

I do too, but let's be honest she is not conventionally beautilful, so we are really in minority... (ps. not that I care)

tenn_ace
May 6th, 2006, 09:23 PM
- players are hated on this board FOR being beatiful
- Kuznetsova doesn't have a lot of hate on this board
- she DOES badmouth people, including recently when she bitched at franny for celebrating her win. why didn't you jump ship there tenn_ace? you were so quick to jump ship on maria after Miami and now you excuse that bitch's actions?

not true. Maria is still my favourite (even though I was criticial of her behaviour in the match against Golovin). You, on the other hand, still can't forgive me for being critical of JHH, I understand. Get over. It's in the past like me being JHH's fan.

esquímaux
May 6th, 2006, 11:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/esquimaux/Miscellany/banana.gifKuzzie! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/esquimaux/Miscellany/banana.gif Kuzzie! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/esquimaux/Miscellany/banana.gif Kuzzie!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/esquimaux/Miscellany/banana.gif

Pheobo
May 6th, 2006, 11:19 PM

Kuznetsova: I like to drown kittens in my bathtub and I enjoy abusing my elderly grandmother.

I have a new found respect for her now.

UDACHi
May 7th, 2006, 03:04 AM

:haha:x3791676801763.

Derek.
May 7th, 2006, 03:46 AM
What hate? :scratch:

Justeenium
May 7th, 2006, 05:06 AM

not true. Maria is still my favourite (even though I was criticial of her behaviour in the match against Golovin). You, on the other hand, still can't forgive me for being critical of JHH, I understand. Get over. It's in the past like me being JHH's fan.

well I had assumed, and HOPED, that you had jumped ship for Maria's sake since she certainly doesn't need an old senile twat like you in her fanbase :cool: ... and I still didn't see any criticism from you on Sveta... gamesmanship, lack of effort and bitchiness all in one day and yet no thread from tenn_ace, hmmmmmmmmmmm

oh and people who say Kuzzie is "humble" :taped: shouldn't be using the :retard: smilies

tenn_ace
May 7th, 2006, 05:22 AM
well I had assumed, and HOPED, that you had jumped ship for Maria's sake since she certainly doesn't need an old senile twat like you in her fanbase :cool: ... and I still didn't see any criticism from you on Sveta... gamesmanship, lack of effort and bitchiness all in one day and yet no thread from tenn_ace, hmmmmmmmmmmm

oh and people who say Kuzzie is "humble" :taped: shouldn't be using the :retard: smilies

this post goes to show your iq and maturity level... i'm done with you. don't bother.

Mother_Marjorie
May 7th, 2006, 05:54 AM
this post goes to show your iq and maturity level... i'm done with you. don't bother.

Well, the start of this thread showed a lot to me.

It is rare Svetlana ever sees the glimpses of hatred Maria, Venus, Serena and Justine receive. You are being over-sensitive and looking for something that's obviously not there.

Justine Fan
May 7th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Well, the start of this thread showed a lot to me.

It is rare Svetlana ever sees the glimpses of hatred Maria, Venus, Serena and Justine receive. You are being over-sensitive and looking for something that's obviously not there.

:yeah: I said something similar in my last post ... this more tenn_ace posts the more I get to see what they are like and what they are doing.

Seems a bit of an attention seeker and doesn't really know who they support and what they want .... highly confused individual :retard: that's definitely plain to see.

Stop with the dramatics tenn_ace .... seems like no one knows what you are talking about :rolleyes:

lee station
May 7th, 2006, 12:17 PM
- she is not pin up
- she won tournaments
- she is level headed
- she is humble
- she is not arrogant

Is it because she is not beautiful outside? :shrug:I like Svet :D :worship:

eck
May 7th, 2006, 12:37 PM
She's pretty nice. Last year at AO, after she won her match, she signed autographs for everyone. She was so close to leave the building and then she went all the way back to the other side of the court and started signing all over again.

TeaMMashA
May 7th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I never thought there was major hate in comparison to the likes of JHH, Maria Anna etc etc i always thought she was one of the players you either like her or you just let her get on with it, ive never witnessed any hate towards her to be honest. I like her i think she is a very nice women

tennismaster8820
May 7th, 2006, 01:17 PM

There is a difference between their careers, Maria was number 1, Kuznetsova not; Maria is much more consistent at top level then Sveta; Maria is younger then Sveta; even if they had similar careers Maria would always draw so much more attention because of her looks and that's ˝sadly˝ true!

lee station
May 7th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Sveta :hug:

ey7662
May 7th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I don`t think someone really hate sveta..I mean everyone has favorite players... So, sometimes they disincline to see sveta to win some matchs between their favorite players.

SAEKeithSerena
May 7th, 2006, 03:28 PM
i didn't realize she was that hated on this board, if anything, i would say there's far more hated on. svetlana rocks my socks:)

CrossCourt~Rally
May 7th, 2006, 03:37 PM

Whenever a player becomes highy successfull they become loved by a large group of people and hated by an even larger group of people.

tennisrox
May 7th, 2006, 03:50 PM
I do too, but let's be honest she is not conventionally beautilful, so we are really in minority... (ps. not that I care)

I think she's unconventionally attractive. She has a lovely, sincere smile.

lee station
May 7th, 2006, 03:54 PM
and hips

morningglory
May 7th, 2006, 04:25 PM
ah well... and another bandwagon has come to a halt... now there's no need for hate... :rolleyes: