kournikovafan13
May 21st, 2002, 11:29 PM
http://martenws.tripod.com/doc2002/annad227.htm
http://martenws.tripod.com/doc2002/annad228.htm

:eek: Very heavily strapped. Of course, Anna played anyway:rolleyes: :sad:
Rest up and good luck at RG:)

VenusSerena
May 21st, 2002, 11:31 PM
the tapings she has looks very similar to Serena's!

ßcoene
May 21st, 2002, 11:41 PM
No wonder she lost
That's a real relief, but how can she be so stupid to play, there goes her reputation of the best tennis player!

auntie janie
May 21st, 2002, 11:57 PM
LOL, there Anna goes, copying Serena's fashion statements AGAIN -- last year it was the bright-colored shoes to match the outfit, now it's the Taped Leg Look. ;)

But sadly, Anna does not pull off this look as well as Serena or Justine did, nor does she get several rounds of tennis out of it, as they both did ... :)

But seriously, if she is hurt that badly, she was very foolish to play and risk further injury. It is a shame she never updates her fans on her web site about her condition the way Amelie Mauresmo does; that might be reassuring compared to the photos.

Serena y Monica
May 22nd, 2002, 12:17 AM
It's not like she needs an excuse to loose...but this one is a good as any.

This woman is an embarrasement to all female athlete's:fiery:

kournikovafan13
May 22nd, 2002, 12:23 AM
No one needs an excuse to loose, serena y monica. Have you ever said anything nice about Anna in your life?:rolleyes:

btw Janie, Anna had the yellow shoes before Serena did:p

xcrtbckhnd
May 22nd, 2002, 12:41 AM
Hopefully Harold will be able to exert more of his influence in the future and keep Anna from playing with an injury. She still was able to compete a close first set, so maybe this is a blessing in disguise as it will give her some time to rest and heal. I was very surprised she lost today as I assumed (stupidly) that she was healthy enough to play, but that strapping is pretty heavy!!! I hope that she takes some time to get well, and her new coach gives her some good advice. I wonder how his relationship with Alla is developing?!?! He's known for being laid-back yet still extremely driven and focused. I hope he can take a step back from his new protege and realize that they can't do their best work together until she is fully healthy. I feel sure that Anna's injury was not a fake (as other posters suggested) and that she needs to take it slowly!

Serena y Monica
May 22nd, 2002, 12:45 AM
Perhaps you could tell me what there is to say nice about her on the tennis court.

You'd be more accurate to say that I've never said anything mean about her...just her whole tennis player schtick:rolleyes:

Crazy Canuck
May 22nd, 2002, 12:53 AM
She has been number one in doubles, and number 8 in the world.

The only people who have seen Anna play at her best, who still call her a joke - know nothing about tennis.

Crazy Canuck
May 22nd, 2002, 12:55 AM
Furthermore its not Annas fault that the general public percieves her as being beautiful, and wants to see her face on ads.

Its not her fault that people shell out millions a year to buy magazines with her face in them, and log as many hours just to see her pics on the internet.

Sawy what you will about her - but its not her fault. She can't help what she looks like.

I can't blame her for cashing in on her looks. I can think of few who wouldn't do the same.

kournikovafan13
May 22nd, 2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Serena y Monica
Perhaps you could tell me what there is to say nice about her on the tennis court.

Whats wrong with her on the court? Its not like she swears at other players or something. If you mean about her game, and you think she's awful as a player, the least you could say is that she tries her hardest.
And she is a great player, maybe not in your opinion, but in the minds of most people on this board. True, she is going through a rough patch of form right now, but you don't have to kick her while she's down.

:rolleyes: Go pollute someone else's thread. This is about Anna's injury, not your grudge against her

Vanity
May 22nd, 2002, 01:03 AM
Don't worry about Serena y Monica, kournikovafan... she just has lying eyes. ;)

Serena y Monica
May 22nd, 2002, 01:07 AM
Vanity

You are looking quite lovely today.

auntie janie
May 22nd, 2002, 02:18 AM
kournikovafan13,

Just to clarify: Serena had red shoes in 2000 to match her outfit; Anna had yellow shoes to match HER outfit in 2001. :)

As for Harold, well if he could deal with Stefano Capriati, then he can deal with Alla. Two peas in a pod, those two!:p

kournikovafan13
May 22nd, 2002, 02:44 AM
But red isn't a bright color!:p

Williams Rulez
May 22nd, 2002, 09:19 AM
:sad:

irma
May 22nd, 2002, 09:23 AM