PDA

View Full Version : Nadia apparently still in Belgium: !Quotes and clip!

Allez-H
May 5th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Apparently Nadia didn't left Belgium after the Fedcup. She says that she didn't saw the meaning in going back to Moscow to train there so she has been training in a local Belgian club.

http://www.sportwereld.be/Assets/Images_Upload/C16_petrova.MM.jpg

About Fedcup and her withdrawal of the second match

" I was exhausted. I had already won two tourneys in the US and I was already exhausted when I arrived in belgium"

About TDI Itterbeek, the local tennisclub

"After the Fedcup in Liege, I didn't bother going back to Moscow. My coach has coached in belgium and new the club. The welcoming was great, I had loads of fun and I trained very good/hard this week"

Gorik Vandersanden, her sparringpartner

Apparently she was goofing around with him on court while training, and she even went to his birthdayparty on Sunday. Gorik Vandersanden: " We made a special cocktail for her with a little bit of alcohol. She was a little timid in the beginning of the week but she totally came loose after that"

Next weeks?

" i'll be heading towards Berlin next week and at the end of the month there's RG. It really feels good to go to a tourney where you're a topfavourite"

Justine Henin- Hardenne?

"I still have something to battel out with her " (reffering to her loss in FC)

Justine-Nadia RG-final anyone :hehehe:

--------

You just have to love Nadia :hearts:

,,Ik heb nog een eitje te pellen met Justine''
Nadia Petrova traint al een week in Itterbeek

De leden van SDI in Itterbeek wanen zich al een week lang de belangrijkste tennisclub van het land. Niemand minder dan Nadia Petrova, de Russische nummer vier van de wereld, heeft de club uit het Pajottenland uitgekozen om er zich voorbereiden op het Europese gravelseizoen. ,,Na de FedCup in Luik vond ik het niet de moeite om terug te reizen naar Moskou'', zegt Petrova. ,,Ik speel volgende week in Berlijn en eind deze maand begint Roland Garros. Mijn trainer heeft nog in BelgiŽ getraind en kende de club. Ik heb me hier in elk geval goed geamuseerd. De ontvangst was fantastisch en ik heb hard kunnen trainen.''

Hard trainen leek nodig nadat ze in de FedCup een spannende driesetter van Justine Henin had verloren. Een dag later gaf Petrova forfait tegen Kim Clijsters. ,,Ik was doodop. Ik had in Amerika twee tornooien gewonnen en ik was eigenlijk al uitgeput voor ik naar BelgiŽ kwam.''

In Itterbeek lijkt ze haar batterijen weer helemaal te hebben opgeladen. Ze dolde met haar sparringpartner, de lokale clubheld Gorik Vandersanden, en verscheen zondag zelfs op diens verjaardagsfeestje. ,,We hebben een speciale cocktail met een beetje alcohol voor haar gemaakt'', zegt Vandersanden. ,,In het begin van de week was ze een beetje timide, maar daarna kwam ze helemaal los.''

Aan zelfvertrouwen heeft de mentaal broze Petrova alvast geen gebrek meer. ,,Het doet deugd eens als een favoriete naar een grandslamtornooi te kunnen gaan. En ja, met Justine heb ik nog een eitje te pellen.''

(BLA)

(BLA)05/05/2006

The Crow
May 5th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Cool :D

Wannabeknowitall
May 5th, 2006, 10:53 PM
I thought this year was suppose to be different for Nadia.
She said her boyfriend speaks better Russian than her and she wanted to get back her Russian roots.
I'm not exactly sure this is the way to go about it.
Then again does she feel a little guilty about pulling out of a FED Cup match? :tape:

Brαm
May 6th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Here's a video about Nadia Petrova's week in Belgium :wavey:

http://www.vtm.be/vips/video.php?vid=750

She has a cute accent :D

-sugi-
May 6th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Nadia :hug:

arn
May 6th, 2006, 09:26 AM
She gave the right answers to the question in the video, she is really a nice lady! :yeah:

Allez-H
May 6th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the vid Bram :hearts: She speak extemely well English with a cute accent indeed ;) *crossing fingers for a Justine - Nadia Belrin and RG-final*

Sharapova's_Boy
May 6th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Nadia :hearts:

Lady
May 6th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Nadia always says how much she wants to beat Justine on clay. In every Russian interview - before and after every match with Justine. So it's nothing new in terms of motivation.
She was talking a lot about it before their SF match at RG.

Come-on-kim
May 6th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Nice to know.... maybe I'll pay a visit in Itterbeek before RG ;)

The Crow
May 6th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Kim, Justine and Nadia in one Fedcup team in the future? :D

Allez-H
May 6th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Kim, Justine and Nadia in one Fedcup team in the future? :D

Well Russia got too many topplayers anyway :p

tfannis
May 6th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Cool :cool: We beat that club in interclub two weeks ago :devil:

Bart
May 6th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Nadia :hearts:

PointBlank
May 6th, 2006, 08:28 PM
I thought this year was suppose to be different for Nadia.
She said her boyfriend speaks better Russian than her and she wanted to get back her Russian roots.
I'm not exactly sure this is the way to go about it.
Then again does she feel a little guilty about pulling out of a FED Cup match? :tape:

Have you ever been to Moscow? Obviously not. The courts there are in bad condition and it isnt easy to find good ones to play on. Even at Spartak, their best club, it is hard to get reservations for courts. I think its smart of her to train at a nice Belgian club on clay and then head to Berlin. The conditions, I imagine, will be quite similar.

Mana
May 6th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Nadia :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: