PDA

View Full Version : I am SO proud of Venus!

tennisIlove09
May 5th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Despite losing to Kuzy, she's BACK on the tennis court and gave us a great effort in her Hingis match! I love her so much, and am so grateful she's back and playing!

loppy
May 5th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Yeah, good to see her back!!

Paneru
May 5th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Great week,
great effort!

So glad to have you
back Venus! :kiss:

squash
May 5th, 2006, 06:45 PM
yes,, she was good today.

Let go Venus

Marshmallow
May 5th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Considering it was her first proper tournament, making the quarter finals, and losing to thee most in form player of the year, is a good effort. I am just so glad she is back.

If she can just get a little more match tight, she can achieve some great things in the remainder of this year.

What is she playing next? Best of luck to Our Venus! :bowdown:

LucasArg
May 5th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I am soo proud of her too :inlove:

TomTennis
May 5th, 2006, 07:18 PM
me too :worship: great to have her back!

Dasha_
May 5th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Me too. Proud and happy and gracefull.

Infiniti2001
May 5th, 2006, 07:24 PM
I am proud of her too :bounce: :bounce: She played three straight days of tennis after 4 months off the tour and did exceptionally well . Go Venus, I see more good stuff from you :yeah:

vogus
May 5th, 2006, 07:33 PM
i'm also glad Venus is back - i'm gonna enjoy seeing her get beaten up by Kuzy, Momo, Justine, Kim, Petrova, Lena D, and maybe some lower ranked players as well.

It's too bad Venus can't play against Hingus in every match! :lol:

Infiniti2001
May 5th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Awww poor vogus is bored again... He's looking for someone to play with him :haha:

MrSerenaWilliams
May 5th, 2006, 07:45 PM
yeah...i'm THRILLED to have her back on the tennis court! She did a great job...and yeah, what's with scheduling her to have 3 matches in 3 days....hmmmm. Anyways! It's definately a good result from her....lots of players have lost to Kuznetsova this year...inc. SHARAPOVA! So, no shame in that...I definately think that when she gets more match-play under her belt, she should be INCREDIBLY formidable. She had game points in like 75% of those games, so it really could have gone either way...When she gets more match tough...those will be the matches that she should win by the same scoreline....GOOD JOB VEE! WE LOVE YOU! Just waiting til 'lil sis comes back...then it'll be ON!

Libertango
May 5th, 2006, 07:45 PM
I am so proud too! Her performance against Hingis was fabulous - not just in terms of actual play, but her fight and spirit and determination to win. I only saw snippets of teh Kuzzy match, but she seemed to palying well actually. I hope she can keep playing and get match-tight.....who knows what she might do then!

GO VENUS! :bounce:

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 5th, 2006, 07:49 PM
i was amazed that venus played that well-it was only her 4th match of the year compared to sveta's 29th

to come back from playing poorly against hingis and major cramping and play that well against one of the in form players who also happens to be great on clay is not a bad effort

:worship: venus :worship:
hopefully she can keep injury free during the rest of the clay season and be ready to defend her wimby title!

hotandspicey
May 5th, 2006, 08:00 PM
i'm also glad Venus is back - i'm gonna enjoy seeing her get beaten up by Kuzy, Momo, Justine, Kim, Petrova, Lena D, and maybe some lower ranked players as well.

Why??:confused: So Hingis can get beat over and over again? I thought you liked Hingis:lol:

thelittlestelf
May 5th, 2006, 08:27 PM

It's too bad Venus can't play against Hingus in every match! :lol:Who is Hingus?

redrubylips
May 5th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Glad my Queen is back! Love you.

junlee_vee
May 5th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Vogus's parents must not be home...that is why he is allowed to use the computer.

Morrissey
May 5th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Honestly I think Svetlana played well but clearly Venus was tired. She was not used to having to play three matches in a row. The match with Hingis just took so much physical and mental energy out of Venus. Tennis is a tough business and it will take Venus a bit to get back into the groove.

DelMonte
May 5th, 2006, 09:18 PM
I am proud of Venus as well......and just bloody well pleased to see her on the tour again. :bounce:

Veenut
May 5th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I do feel positive about her performance as Vee is usually a slow starter anyway. She gave me such a thrill yesterday and nothing the haters say will take that away. I just pray she can keep healthy for the remainder of the season and bring more thrillers. Go Vee I'm with you all the way!!!

Mother_Marjorie
May 5th, 2006, 10:12 PM
All that physical effort to beat Hingis obviously took something away from Venus. She is sick, playing her first tournament in months and did a great job in my opinion.

Reuchlin
May 5th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Venus continues to break all the rules of tennis (She reminds me of Monica in a way).

¤CharlDa¤
May 5th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Venus :bounce: :worship: I'm so proud to see her back and I love her so much!

Viktymise
May 5th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Its brilliant she is back and she looks hungry for success. She could have won the match today if she had have taken some of those game points at 5-4 in the first set but thats in the past now, it wasnt like she was hammered anyways, good luck to her for the rest of the year, i hope she stays healthy and fit and if she does queen Vee will reign supreme at the top of the womens game again

Il Primo!
May 5th, 2006, 10:23 PM
I'm not even really disapointed,she played so well,I saw very beautiful things on the court. She lack stamina but it will be getting better and better fortunately. I'm extremly proud of her too :worship: It's a "good loss" to me. I'm not worried about her near future. I'm sure she will have a shot in the next big ones :yeah:

new-york
May 5th, 2006, 11:11 PM
All that physical effort to beat Hingis obviously took something away from Venus. She is sick, playing her first tournament in months and did a great job in my opinion.

ditts.

Wannabeknowitall
May 5th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Honestly I think Svetlana played well but clearly Venus was tired. She was not used to having to play three matches in a row. The match with Hingis just took so much physical and mental energy out of Venus. Tennis is a tough business and it will take Venus a bit to get back into the groove.

It's just amazing how many excuses Venus fans seem to come up with even when Venus herself said she was fine. :lol:
As one of the posters in another thread said, Venus said the cramps were over, she slept well yesterday, and nothing bothered her.
She did not say she was tired. She did not say she was mentally or physically drained from a second round match.
This is how it starts.
Then 3 months from now a majority of the venus fans will say she was clearly drained mentally and physically and if Venus was at 5% better in the match she would have won.

Orion
May 5th, 2006, 11:19 PM
I'm not even really disapointed,she played so well,I saw very beautiful things on the court. She lack stamina but it will be getting better and better fortunately. I'm extremly proud of her too :worship: It's a "good loss" to me. I'm not worried about her near future. I'm sure she will have a shot in the next big ones :yeah:

Good post.

Infiniti2001
May 5th, 2006, 11:40 PM
It's just amazing how many excuses Venus fans seem to come up with even when Venus herself said she was fine. :lol:
As one of the posters in another thread said, Venus said the cramps were over, she slept well yesterday, and nothing bothered her.
She did not say she was tired. She did not say she was mentally or physically drained from a second round match.
This is how it starts.
Then 3 months from now a majority of the venus fans will say she was clearly drained mentally and physically and if Venus was at 5% better in the match she would have won.

Everytime I get on this board , you're all up in a thread pertaining to Venus :rolleyes: Damn you sure are cantankerous for a male :eek:

Stamp Paid
May 6th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Everytime I get on this board , you're all up in a thread pertaining to Venus :rolleyes: Damn you sure are cantankerous for a male :eek:

lmao i like that euphemism :p

vwfan
May 6th, 2006, 12:10 AM

she leads in the h2hs against all of them, so they probably do need to take advantage of her on her return otherwise they'll all be shaking in hteir boots intimidated in just a few months. enjoy it while it lasts.

vwfan
May 6th, 2006, 12:14 AM
This is how it starts.
Then 3 months from now a majority of the venus fans will say she was clearly drained mentally and physically and if Venus was at 5% better in the match she would have won.back again in a Venus thread again. lordie, lordie, you need help! :lol:

vwfan
May 6th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Everytime I get on this board , you're all up in a thread pertaining to Venus :rolleyes: Damn you sure are cantankerous for a male :eek:he's sad is what it is.

Andy.
May 6th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Totally, its awesome to have her back and i hope she can keep going along this way and start a great comeback to the top and stay healthy.

winone23
May 6th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Venus you made me proud you played a good tourny, I know you have an amazing year!

Jennifer North
May 6th, 2006, 12:31 AM
what are you all proud of? is any of you related in any way to Miss Venus WIlliams? is she your sister, daughter, cousin or do you have anything to do with her professional success? or this is just another pathetic case of posters trying to live vicariously through somebody else's accomplishments?

tennisIlove09
May 6th, 2006, 12:37 AM
what are you all proud of? is any of you related in any way to Miss Venus WIlliams? is she your sister, daughter, cousin or do you have anything to do with her professional success? or this is just another pathetic case of posters trying to live vicariously through somebody else's accomplishments?

You can easily be proud of your favorites. Have you never felt proud to be a fan of your favorite player? That's kinda sad

GracefulVenus
May 6th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Happy she lost to a worthy opponent. She is my favorite to win the tourney now. Keep pressing Venus. I would love to see you in the final 8 at the end of the year.

Rocketta
May 6th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Pencil me in the proud column! :yeah:

Jennifer North
May 6th, 2006, 12:44 AM
You can easily be proud of your favorites. Have you never felt proud to be a fan of your favorite player? That's kinda sad

glad, satisfied maybe, but not "proud"... why should I gloat about something I had nothing to do about?

LindsayRocks89
May 6th, 2006, 12:49 AM
I haven't posted in a while because VEnus and Serena hadn't been playing, nor Lindsay, but i saw some of venus's performance this week, and first of all i am so happy that she is healthy now and back out on the court, it brought a smile to my face just knowing she was doing what she loves to do. The fight and compassion in her win verse hingis was amazing. She honestly didn't look that bad form wise, i think we'll see her progress greatly this year.

Welcome back Venus :worship:

Justine Fan
May 6th, 2006, 12:50 AM
glad, satisfied maybe, but not "proud"... why should I gloat about something I had nothing to do about?

Hey Jen, where posters have green rep blobs (or sometimes red) by their name, why is yours black and why is there only one?

Oh back to your question. It's called unconditional love! Doubt you've ever heard of that have you? Look it up, it may change your attitude quite a bit and may make you a little bit happier than you are! :sad:

tennisIlove09
May 6th, 2006, 12:53 AM

Its not that we are gloating. She lost today. I am just saying I am proud of her for putting up such an amazing fight yesterday, and I am proud that she's back on the tennis court. I just take pride in telling people I am a fan of Venus Williams. I tell everyone.

Jennifer North
May 6th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Hey Jen, where posters have green rep blobs (or sometimes red) by their name, why is yours black and why is there only one?

Oh back to your question. It's called unconditional love! Doubt you've ever heard of that have you? Look it up, it may change your attitude quite a bit and may make you a little bit happier than you are! :sad:

:o paperback philosophy may be enough to grant you good grades in high school, but rest assured that your line is not even remotely as deep as you think it is... I'll let it sllide because you seem to be a good natured kid though :kiss: :wavey: ...

Justine Fan
May 6th, 2006, 01:05 AM
:o paperback philosophy may be enough to grant you good grades in high school, but rest assured that your line is not even remotely as deep as you think it is... I'll let it sllide because you seem to be a good natured kid though :kiss: :wavey: ...

Do you want me to get deeper then? Oooh I'd love to!

Grades in High School, a good natured kid :haha: :haha: Oooh if only you knew who you were playing with :devil:

Do you want me to continue?

Well, shall I analyse you first and tell you what the problem with you is first or do you just want the profound statements to get you back on the road to happiness? :angel:

BTW you never answered my question about the black rep blob. Why do you have a black rep blob? Haven't seen that on anyone else's! :confused:

Kabibi
May 6th, 2006, 02:19 AM
I'm happy for and proud of Venus. I wish her continued luck throughout this year.

BigBabeTENNIS
May 6th, 2006, 02:21 AM
nice week for venus more practice

junlee_vee
May 6th, 2006, 02:30 AM

It's called being a fan...maybe you haven't found that kind of happiness in one of your favorites in a while...

no need to come into a positive thread and fuck it up with your attitude. :o

darrinbaker00
May 6th, 2006, 04:23 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I do it to get on your nerves. ;)

Solitaire
May 6th, 2006, 04:28 AM
I'm just happy she's back!!! :banana:

VeraNuVirgosFan
May 6th, 2006, 04:29 AM
I love her so much, and am so grateful she's back and playing!
I think so too!!

Go Venus!!

Janet
May 6th, 2006, 05:32 AM
This is awsome to read on this message board about venus return, and it's awonderful thing because both williams sister has been miss since the year started, and as you all said venus did a great job this week at her first tourament of the year (I won't count wimbleton)...............But I'm glad to hear venus is back I can not see her on TV yet but at least when I get on this board I get updates................lets hope venus stays health going towards the french open............I read an article last week and they said the williams sisters are really missed on the wta tour.............just to show what mark they have made in the sport of tennis ever word they said in the article was prasing them................and what a impact they have made!!!

vwfan
May 6th, 2006, 11:58 AM
yeah! go, Venus. hit the practice courts with dad and your clay court coach and get ready for Rome. she should move ahead of myskina in the rankings next week. one step closer to being back in the top ten. if pierce is not able to play the french and Venus does well at Rome, then she might actually be seeded in the top ten for RG and then top eight for Wimbledon!

Ceri
May 6th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Totally, its awesome to have her back and i hope she can keep going along this way and start a great comeback to the top and stay healthy.
Agreed. Good luck with the next tournament Venus, keep playing well! :)

Dana Marcy
May 6th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Despite losing to Kuzy, she's BACK on the tennis court and gave us a great effort in her Hingis match! I love her so much, and am so grateful she's back and playing!

:yeah: I was so happy this week to see Venus's name on a SPORTS page! Hopefully she'll peak at Wimbledon and defend her title.

Yonexforever
May 6th, 2006, 04:48 PM

HAVING VENUS BACK SENT THIS BOARD OVER THE EFFIN MOON!

CLEARLY BOTH RENA AN V ARE MISSED AND SORELY NEEDED TO GENTERATE INTEREST AND BUZZ ON THE TOUR.. HINGIS HAS BEEN THE FLAG BEARER SO FAR.. EVERYONE ELSE IS JUST HOUSE SITTING UNTIL EVERYONE COMES BACK!!!

raquel
May 6th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I'm proud of Venus and Venus can be proud of herself. The match against Hingis - seeing Venus in that last game with the fist in the air and pure determination on her face was great. She clearly still wants to be out there.

darrinbaker00
May 7th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Since Serena won't be wearing her Nike on-court gear any time soon, and since Venus is no longer contractually obligated to wear Reebok, I think big sis should help little sis out. ;)

Sadka
May 7th, 2006, 08:30 AM
:kiss: Welcome back V !!

eugreene2
May 10th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Very Nice to have Ms. Williams back. She'll bring some more excitement to this tour which is definitely lacking. It's gonna also be great to get Capriati & Serena back in the fall.

vwfan
May 10th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Very Nice to have Ms. Williams back. She'll bring some more excitement to this tour which is definitely lacking. It's gonna also be great to get Capriati & Serena back in the fall.She surely spiced things up last week. :hearts:

Now we're back to the snooze fest that is called the German Open with a cakewalk for petrova in the bottom half and a slugfest to the finish in the top half. i guess i have to root for petrova, although rematch of henin and mauremso, could make me reach for the remote control. let's see.