PDA

View Full Version : KUZZY too Strong Today...Good Run VENUS!

Foot_Fault
May 5th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Get more Matches under your BELT, PROUD of YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lizchris
May 5th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Just from looking at the stats, poor second serve conversion and UE's did Venus in. I didn't expect her to win this tournament as it is her first one back in three months, but I am glad she had a good run. She plays Rome next and I expect at least a QF result there too. If she can work on her second serve, she should be fine for the French Open.

Foot_Fault
May 5th, 2006, 06:43 PM
I am still happy!!! She's back she's playing and just have to reach her groove!

Foot_Fault
May 5th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Just from looking at the stats, poor second serve conversion and UE's did Venus in. I didn't expect her to win this tournament as it is her first one back in three months, but I am glad she had a good run. She plays Rome next and I expect at least a QF result there too. If she can work on her second serve, she should be fine for the French Open.

1st Tourny back in a while, so i am not too disappointed, glad she's back on the Tour and bringing that excitement.

Marshmallow
May 5th, 2006, 06:44 PM
On with the Russian snooze-fest!

Venus well done. Some of those games were pretty close, so you gave a good account of yourself against a french open favourite. It's good to see you back on the tour, and hopefully you can just build from this, gets stronger for he tournaments that matter, and DESECRATE svetlana the next time she cross you.

I guess well done svetlana... but i can't get over how boring the WTA is becoming with all these russian matches. WTA should do something, they will lose viewers. There is a crisis!!!

Lulu.
May 5th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Great job Vee!!!!

Even though you lost today Im soooooo glad you beat Martina! :yeah:

lizchris
May 5th, 2006, 06:46 PM
1st Tourny back in a while, so i am not too disappointed, glad she's back on the Tour and bringing that excitement.

I am not disappointed either. Like I said, she should be fine for the French Open because there isn't a clear cut favorite.

squash
May 5th, 2006, 06:49 PM
yes, Kuznestsova was too strong for Venus today, but with practice I am sure Venus can really get better.

i am sure we will see an improvement by the time Venus reaches the FO.

darrinbaker00
May 5th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I am not disappointed either. Like I said, she should be fine for the French Open because there isn't a clear cut favorite.
Besides Henin-Hardenne and Kuznetsova, that is...

Foot_Fault
May 5th, 2006, 06:55 PM

NO ONE! Venus will be in the mix. She'll be ok

LucasArg
May 5th, 2006, 06:57 PM
I am so happy for her, dispite her loss to Kuznetsova, she is back!!! :bounce:

vwfan
May 5th, 2006, 06:58 PM
This is fine. Venus can now hit the practice courts with her coach and dad and be ready for Rome. Yeah!

Foot_Fault
May 5th, 2006, 07:01 PM
This is fine. Venus can now hit the practice courts with her coach and dad and be ready for Rome. Yeah!

Yep, she just needs more matches, hit her stride. She'll be ok. This is usually her time of year, May, June, July, August!

V-MAC
May 5th, 2006, 07:05 PM
I just wish Vee was playing Berlin next week too :lol: I can't wait for Rome!! :bounce: Anyway, all things considering, a good run indeed from Venus. Just glad she is back :cool:

lizchris
May 5th, 2006, 07:05 PM

Neither of them are clear cut favorites. They will be in the mix, but I wouldn't be surprised if neither one of them got the final.

Tennisaddict
May 5th, 2006, 07:06 PM

Venus well done. Some of those games were pretty close, so you gave a good account of yourself against a french open favourite. It's good to see you back on the tour, and hopefully you can just build from this, gets stronger for he tournaments that matter, and DESECRATE svetlana the next time she cross you.

I guess well done svetlana... but i can't get over how boring the WTA is becoming with all these russian matches. WTA should do something, they will lose viewers. There is a crisis!!!

I agree that a lot of Russian matchups are boring, but I think that Kuznetsova is a breathtaking player to watch when she's on. She's the best Russian player IMO and can win GS on all surfaces. I hope she will
meet Clijsters in the final, that should make for a great match.

Mother_Marjorie
May 5th, 2006, 07:10 PM

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Just because your favorite lost to a Russian doesn't mean the WTA is in crisis. It means the Russian dominance continues in 2006.

darrinbaker00
May 5th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Neither of them are clear cut favorites. They will be in the mix, but I wouldn't be surprised if neither one of them got the final.
We'll just have to agree to disagree, Liz. In my opinion, Justine Henin-Hardenne is just as dominant on red clay as Venus Williams is on grass. Like her or not, she's the woman to beat at Roland Garros.

darrinbaker00
May 5th, 2006, 07:13 PM
NO ONE! Venus will be in the mix. She'll be ok
I'm not saying Venus has no shot at all. I'm saying that until proven otherwise on the court, Justine Henin-Hardenne is the Queen of Roland Garros, just like Venus is the Queen of Wimbledon.

RAA
May 5th, 2006, 07:16 PM
it was just SO nice to watch WTA tennis results that included the name of Venus Williams. I had almost forgot what that was like!