May 5th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Well done Kuzzy :D

pierce0415
May 5th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Venus :help:
I had a feeling this would happen

Infiniti2001
May 5th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Oh well, deep down I was expecting it. On to the next tourney Miss Vee---- and practice, practice, pratice, PLEASE :p

Krystell
May 5th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Yes Kuzy! Total domination!

TheBoiledEgg
May 5th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Sveta played pretty good ;) :D

well done Sveta ;) :D

jochem
I had a feeling too... Sveta with her new hair style outbattles Venus with new hair style :)

per4ever
Nice win :)

Up to a final Sveta-Kim :)

GrandSlam05
Awesome Sveta! Sent da queen home! Now slaughter Kim or Lena!

Lulu.
You got lucky this time Sveta ;)

Nickk
May 5th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Well, still a good tournament. The Hingis win was worth this loss :D

Venus needs to get match-tough again. Besides, Svetlana is a very good player.

Go Venus, get back to the top!

SelesFan70
May 5th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Svetlana on clay :worship:

xr6turbo
May 5th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Good try Venus.. rest up for Rome! :hug:

iine:
May 5th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Too good!:worship:

ys
May 5th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Sveta is a very natural claycourter with tons of power and topspin - a unique combination for the Tour.. I was expecting an easy rout. Tough first set was a surprise.. Well done, Venus, no shame losing 4 and 2 to RG favourite..

jochem
May 5th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Break point conversions:
Venus: 1/2 (50%)
Kuznetsova: 4/13 (31%)

I saw the first part of this match and Venus had broken Sveta for 2-1... That was the only chance she had in the whole match! Sveta must've been on fire ever since that moment!

cometz9
May 5th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Venus :sad: but i'm glad that she's playing tennis again :) Good Luck in Rome
Sveta :yeah: :scared: now make the Final.

Marshmallow
Venus gave a good account of herself against one of the most in form players on the tour this year. This was her fourth match (and on her weakest surface), she needs to get more match tight, and she can only build from this.

You're getting back there Venus, keep working. :bounce:

tenn_ace
simply Sveta :worship: I wished I could watch a match...

Venus, good luck in your next tournament

squash
it was a good match, they both played very well.

hingis-seles
May 5th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Pretty good effort from Venus. I'd be surprised to see Sveta lose to anyone on clay right now.

tenn_ace
May 5th, 2006, 06:47 PM
You got lucky this time Sveta ;)

maybe Venus did to get that far in this tournament ;)

Marshmallow
May 5th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Svetlana on clay :worship:

Svetlana can be this good on all surfaces. But she is def, a french fav. over Justine, Kim and possibly Amelie IMO (although Amelie has the weapons).

timafi
Sveta:yeah:

Maryamator
atleast u beat martina this is a good sign..:) eventhough u lost today... CMON vee..

any cramps today?

Nickk
May 5th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Anybody got the stats? Winners? UE's?

narrisch
May 5th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Sveta :yeah:

darrinbaker00
May 5th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Some days, you're the dog; other days, you're the fire hydrant. Today, Venus was the fire hydrant. ;)

junlee_vee
May 5th, 2006, 06:50 PM
maybe Venus did to get that far in this tournament ;)

And maybe you're not very good at detecting when somebody is kidding? Don't be a dick.

Good luck next time Vee!

volta
May 5th, 2006, 06:51 PM
gratz Sveta :yeah:

Vee what happend to your serve? so many breaks :o anyway just get some rest and some practice for rome :bounce: :hug:

QUEENLINDSAY
May 5th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Go Sveta!!!

Jodie
May 5th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Sveta :D

Wannabeknowitall
May 5th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Good play from Sveta.
I'm not so sure about people calling Kuznetsova a favorite at RG though.
She's won one clay tournament in her career and that was at Helsinki in 2002.
She's never made it pass the round of 16 at Roland Garros.
It's her worse slam. She needs to do more than beat Venus to be a favorite for Roland Garros.
She lost to Schiavone at Amelia Island and ALG at Charleston.
She's a bit overrated on the surface but hopefully she can change that by winning some big tournis on the clay.

LDF
May 5th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Excellent performance today by Sveta. She really was hitting the ball superbly well, and simply outplayed Venus. That said, I think that Venus played quite a good match - at times, there were flashes of brilliance - but some errors, off the forehand in particular, cost her dearly.

Venus couldn't really dictate play with her serve. There was notably less pace than usual (instead preferring to put a lot of spin on the ball). Whilst this was effective sometimes, I felt she wasn't dominating with her delivery. I think that Sveta served extremely well, varying the placement and spin wonderfully, and that was the key difference between the pair. And again, she showed her great movement on this surface.

Sveta was more consistent with her groundstrokes, which is very understandable considering Venus' lengthy absence. I wasn't too impressed with Venus' forecourt game though - she struggled to move up to short, low balls, and made some uncharacteristic volley errors. However, I suspect this is just due to lack of match practice. She should be fairly pleased with herself this week.

I'd expect Sveta to ease past Anna in the next round, particularly if she can continue this form.

Tennisaddict
I'm happy for Svetlana, she is so talented and she's having a good season after her horrendous 2005.

But I really wanted Venus to win. Oh well I knew realistically that she might not be ready to beat a top player like Kuzy. Beating Hingis was already a pleasant surprise for me. I hope Venus will get her rythm and match toughness back soon so she can tear up the field again like only she can. I'm very happy that she's back and healthy anything can happen from here.

I hope that Kuzy will win the tournament.

Infiniti2001
Anybody got the stats? Winners? UE's?

Set: 1 | 2 | Match Williams Kuzniecowa
Aces 0 2
Double Faults 4 0
1st Serve % 63% 54%
Winning % on 1st Serve 18/31 (58%) 11/18 (61%)
Winning % on 2nd Serve 7/18 (38%) 9/15 (60%)
Break points 1/2 (50%) 2/9 (22%)
Total Points Won 38 44

2nd set
Williams Kuzniecowa
Aces 0 0
Double Faults 1 1
1st Serve % 71% 65%
Winning % on 1st Serve 11/23 (47%) 12/15 (80%)
Winning % on 2nd Serve 6/9 (66%) 4/8 (50%)
Break points 0/0 (0%) 2/4 (50%)
Total Points Won 24 31

Match

Williams Kuzniecowa
Aces 0 2
Double Faults 5 1
1st Serve % 66% 58%
Winning % on 1st Serve 29/54 (53%) 23/33 (69%)
Winning % on 2nd Serve 13/27 (48%) 13/23 (56%)
Break points 1/2 (50%) 4/13 (31%)
Total Points Won 62 75

TomTennis
May 5th, 2006, 06:55 PM
you know, i had every intention of coming on this board and being very nuetral after watchin the match, but you really need to sort out your choice of words.

Venus was not "hammered" by Sveta. Yes they both played well and it was an entertaining match, and for 90% of the match they were dead even, but in the end, Sveta 'escaped' past Venus because of Venus' errors in the key places. e.g. when she had a point to level at 5-5 in the first set, an error. When she was close to breaking back in the final set, an error. You name all the important places and there was an error.

So yes, Sveta won and deserved the win because of her great play, but had Venus played a few more balls then the match would still probably be going on. Disapointing but its good for Venus to see what needs improved.

V-MAC
unfortunately an expected result given the circumstances :sad:
I'm just really disappointed coz Eurosport will show both semi-finals live tomorrow and I was really hoping to get the chance to watch Venus play :( I haven't seen a match of hers on tv since US Open last year :o :mad:
ah well, rest up for Rome Vee !! :bounce: BTW, does anyone know Vee's plans now? Is she gonna hang around Europe for the next week till Rome starts or is she gonna head home :confused:

tennisboi
Well done Sveta:bounce: God I hate clay court tennis:sad:

Andrew..
May 5th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Good play from Sveta.
It's her worse slam. She needs to do more than beat Venus to be a favorite for Roland Garros.
She lost to Schiavone at Amelia Island and ALG at Charleston.
She's a bit overrated on the surface but hopefully she can change that by winning some big tournis on the clay.
If Sveta can get over her mental problems at RG, I'd say she is the favorite for the title, along with Petrova and Henin-Hardenne.

faste5683
May 5th, 2006, 06:56 PM
;)You got lucky this time Sveta

:lol:

:wavey:

Foot_Fault
May 5th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Venus' play was shaky, but glad she's back out playing, Kuzzy too strong

tenn_ace
May 5th, 2006, 06:57 PM
And maybe you're not very good at detecting when somebody is kidding? Don't be a dick.

Good luck next time Vee!

and you are good that? :lol:

PS. 'Don't be a dick' is just relevant to you as to me. You be the judge :wavey:

hablo
May 5th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Well one can look at the positives.
Venus is back on tour, but now she needs to play more matches to get back into the groove.

congrats, Sveta.

That said, I hope Kimmie wins this tournie :bounce:

LUXXXAS
May 5th, 2006, 07:00 PM
congrats Sveta:woohoo::yeah::bounce::rocker2:

Blackbeat
May 5th, 2006, 07:00 PM
no good playing Venus...but well done...u reached the QF...

i`m totally proub of u...

améliemomo
May 5th, 2006, 07:01 PM
sveta is so strong and solid! :worship:

she is a REAL FAVORITE For Roland Garros!!! :)

darrinbaker00
May 5th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Venus couldn't really dictate play with her serve. There was notably less pace than usual (instead preferring to put a lot of spin on the ball). Whilst this was effective sometimes, I felt she wasn't dominating with her delivery. I think that Sveta served extremely well, varying the placement and spin wonderfully, and that was the key difference between the pair. And again, she showed her great movement on this surface.
Sounds to me like Venus was afraid to hit out on her serve because of what happened yesterday. You can't play scared, especially against a player of Kuznetsova's caliber.

darrinbaker00
May 5th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Well done Sveta:bounce: God I hate clay court tennis:sad:
Why?

Infiniti2001
May 5th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Excellent performance today by Sveta. She really was hitting the ball superbly well, and simply outplayed Venus. That said, I think that Venus played quite a good match - at times, there were flashes of brilliance - but some errors, off the forehand in particular, cost her dearly.

Sveta was more consistent with her groundstrokes, which is very understandable considering Venus' lengthy absence. I wasn't too impressed with Venus' forecourt game though - she struggled to move up to short, low balls, and made some uncharacteristic volley errors. However, I suspect this is just due to lack of match practice. She should be fairly pleased with herself this week.

I'd expect Sveta to ease past Anna in the next round, particularly if she can continue this form.

Thanks for this account :wavey: I'm not too disappointed for Venus today, because she made me quite pleased yesterday:p ;) , and apparently she did her best . Meanwhile she should be satisified with her performance in this tournament after the long layoff.

alibaby
May 5th, 2006, 07:03 PM
sveta is so strong and solid! :worship:

she is a REAL FAVORITE For Roland Garros!!! :)
yes,in this form,very possible!!she just need to keep her nerves...

soo :kiss: :kiss: sveti-baby!!

sapir1434
May 5th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Allez Sveta! Love ya! :kiss:

tenn_ace
May 5th, 2006, 07:05 PM
I'm hoping Sveta takes Rome off and rest :bounce:

LegionArgentina
May 5th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Well Done Sveta ¡

Kunal
May 5th, 2006, 07:07 PM
too bad venus.....

dont mind kuzzy winning....actually venus beating hingis in itself was a bonus

faboozadoo15
May 5th, 2006, 07:07 PM
you know, i had every intention of coming on this board and being very nuetral after watchin the match, but you really need to sort out your choice of words.

Venus was not "hammered" by Sveta. Yes they both played well and it was an entertaining match, and for 90% of the match they were dead even, but in the end, Sveta 'escaped' past Venus because of Venus' errors in the key places. e.g. when she had a point to level at 5-5 in the first set, an error. When she was close to breaking back in the final set, an error. You name all the important places and there was an error.

So yes, Sveta won and deserved the win because of her great play, but had Venus played a few more balls then the match would still probably be going on. Disapointing but its good for Venus to see what needs improved.
oh, would you stop being such a big baby!

Infiniti2001
May 5th, 2006, 07:10 PM
too bad venus.....

dont mind kuzzy winning....actually venus beating hingis in itself was a bonus

My sentiments exactly ;) :p :wavey:

améliemomo
May 5th, 2006, 07:10 PM
yes,in this form,very possible!!she just need to keep her nerves...

soo :kiss: :kiss: sveti-baby!!

I find that she improves this part of her game.She is better than before mentally,more solid.

She is just impressive :)

venus_rulez
May 5th, 2006, 07:11 PM
It's ok Venus. She gave tremendous effort this week and showed all the qualities that will lead her to a strong rest of the season once she gets match tough. :)

Infiniti2001
May 5th, 2006, 07:15 PM
It's ok Venus. She gave tremendous effort this week and showed all the qualities that will lead her to a strong rest of the season once she gets match tough. :)

Indeed!! I'm kinda relieved that she lost in a weird way :lol: I won't be around this weekend because I'm heading to Gainsville for my cousin's graduation from UF tomorrow woohoo . :bounce:

TomTennis
May 5th, 2006, 07:18 PM
oh, would you stop being such a big baby!

mmmmmmmm. You give your opinion and suddenly the gloves come off and the name calling starts! :rolleyes: and here's to me thinking people could argue their points civilised for once :rolleyes: more the fool me.

Summer Snow
May 5th, 2006, 07:24 PM
The match was a lot closer than the score line suggests. If they meet again, Venus will rape! :lick: :drool:

Pheobo
May 5th, 2006, 07:27 PM
*sigh* I REALLY wish I could like Kuznetsova...but I don't know how. I don't know what bugs me about her. Maybe it's because she said mean things about LenaD...or that she beat LenaD in the USO final...

Anyways, congrats to Sveta.

Summer Snow
May 5th, 2006, 07:28 PM
The thread starter need to choose his words clearly. If he followed th match, he would know that just about every agmes in this match went to 30-30. Venus had several game points to tie it @ 5-5. if she had done that, no one knows what could have happened. ;) Anyways, good win Sveta!! :D I wonder who boirsy supports? Hmm :scratch: I need to figure that out. :bolt:

~Carsten~
May 5th, 2006, 07:29 PM
well it was a good comeback, but sveta was too strong!
Congrats Sveta

-VSR-
May 5th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Well... hopefully Venus can actually bring her best tennis to Rome. She will need it. This match just shows that she needs more matchplay and to be playing her best tennis or at least 75%. This wasn't a very good match from her, her serve was not working very well and she wasn't hitting as good as she can. :sad:

alibaby
May 5th, 2006, 07:30 PM
I find that she improves this part of her game.She is better than before mentally,more solid.

She is just impressive :)
thats correct too.she seems to take anything in her stride.very impressive,yes!and she deserves it oh so much!!surely,right now,all the laughers and haters should stop their doing.....this girls the business,yeah!! :kiss: :bounce:

améliemomo
May 5th, 2006, 07:35 PM
yes she is just too strong.

Would like to see her against Justine this year.I think she can do it.

pcrtennis
May 5th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Venus would have won this easily under normal circumstances...I'm not concerned...Go Venus!!! Win the French!

Oh and :lol: :tape: :lol: at the prospect of Kuznetsova winning the French. She could only do it if there's a very depleted draw....

Leo_DFP
May 5th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Not surprising.

Kuznetsova is shaping up as perhaps RG favorite. She's up there.

serenafann
May 5th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Congrats,Kuznetsova,you are playing really well lately,and Venus you should be proud of your overall performance at the tournament,better luck next time.

GrandSlam05
May 5th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Venus would have won this easily under normal circumstances...I'm not concerned...Go Venus!!! Win the French!

Oh and :lol: :tape: :lol: at the prospect of Kuznetsova winning the French. She could only do it if there's a very depleted draw....
Plz, she had match points against Justine there last year, and Justine was the best clay court player in the world at the time. :rolleyes: If she had kept her head together, she could've very well been the champ. Same goes for this year.

new-york
May 5th, 2006, 07:46 PM
congrats Venus for your 2 won matches, i hope you will soon find a new fresh form with matchplay, practice & gym.

good luck Sveta for the rest of the toruny.

TheBoiledEgg
May 5th, 2006, 07:48 PM

what is normal :o :rolleyes: 4-5 yrs ago ???

Sveta's got 100000% better chance to win than any of your favs :tape: :lol:

hotandspicey
May 5th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Congrats Sveta.:yeah: Better luck next time, Venus. :sad: Not a bad effort on her return.

tenn_ace
May 5th, 2006, 07:53 PM

I really like so much more when you actually do that :tape:

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 5th, 2006, 07:53 PM
sveta :worship:

i think the scoreline is very unfair on venus-she played well :D

Beny
May 5th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Wow Sveta..
I hope it will be Dementieva-Sveta final...
If not, then Sveta will beat Kim in the final...

terjw
May 5th, 2006, 07:55 PM

That's pretty much what I think except I'm not sure I agree at EVERY key point there was a Venus error. But there were also a couple of times I recall when Venus did all the hard work and missed the last and easiest shot.

I'm not a fan of either player - but I just thought overall it was a high quality match - nothing to be ashamed about. If the final is as good as that it will be a good final. And this was Venus' first tournament back. As you say - just those few errors at key points. I'm sure Kuzzy was very relieved. Kuzzy didn't make the mistake Martina made of just hoping the match would be gifted to her. She played with the same purpose throughout the match.

As for faboo's comment on your post :rolleyes:

tennisrox
May 5th, 2006, 08:13 PM

Oh Puhleese. Wake up and smell the coffee. Kuz is the player to watch. She had match points against The Player, Justine last year. Now Kuz seems to be getting over her mental problems too.

What is 'normal circumstances' anyway? The tour has caught up. The williams domination was a long time ago. Don't under-estimate the competition.

blumaroo
May 5th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Sveta is bound to win French open in the future. Not quite sure if she will do it this year but she's so young. On clay at her best she reminds me of an ATP player. I''m not that convinced of other surfaces, but she is definitely the second best claycourter after Justine. Maybe that hasn't shown in results YET, but the ability is definitely there.

BUBI
May 5th, 2006, 08:22 PM
F******* Kuznetsova :fiery:

junlee_vee
May 5th, 2006, 08:34 PM
what is normal 4-5 yrs ago ???

More like last June/July.

suzie
May 5th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Sveta :bigclap:

Morrissey
May 5th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Svetlana played well but I mean we will see with her she is still very up and down hot and cold. But the girl is clearly a good player and seems to be turning things around compared to last year. I definitely think Svetlana is more talented than Petrova, Dementieva and Myskina.

Hagar
May 5th, 2006, 09:03 PM
To all the Venus fans who already saw her on her way to a Venus Slam just because she beat Martina (who is good but not back to her best tennis): THERE!!! :devil:

I did not want to say it beforehand but I SO hoped Svetlana would give Venus a dry loss. And she did!

If Venus wants a Venus Slam, she will have to play more matches, to take care of her body and most of all, adjust her technique in such a way that it puts less strain on her body.

DelMonte
May 5th, 2006, 09:15 PM
:sad: Too bad Venus but one step at a time, baby!

Anyone who does not think that Sveta has a decent chance at the FO is just :smash: :rolleyes:

UDACHi
May 5th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Venus. :shrug: :sad: Not surprised, but still upset.

Keep working toward Paris.

Carmen Mairena
May 5th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Expected result! :bowdown:

I lost 20$... :retard:

dinhd82
May 5th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Whoa, Vee just got her ass whooped pretty badly.

TomTennis
May 5th, 2006, 09:35 PM
To all the Venus fans who already saw her on her way to a Venus Slam just because she beat Martina (who is good but not back to her best tennis): THERE!!! :devil:

I did not want to say it beforehand but I SO hoped Svetlana would give Venus a dry loss. And she did!

If Venus wants a Venus Slam, she will have to play more matches, to take care of her body and most of all, adjust her technique in such a way that it puts less strain on her body.

whow you really are pathetic do you know that!? Im not just talking about semi-pathetic, partially-pathetic or some-what pathetic, Im talking about the whole god damn package mate!

:rolleyes: = the only response you deserve!

TomTennis
May 5th, 2006, 09:35 PM
That's pretty much what I think except I'm not sure I agree at EVERY key point there was a Venus error. But there were also a couple of times I recall when Venus did all the hard work and missed the last and easiest shot.

I'm not a fan of either player - but I just thought overall it was a high quality match - nothing to be ashamed about. If the final is as good as that it will be a good final. And this was Venus' first tournament back. As you say - just those few errors at key points. I'm sure Kuzzy was very relieved. Kuzzy didn't make the mistake Martina made of just hoping the match would be gifted to her. She played with the same purpose throughout the match.

As for faboo's comment on your post :rolleyes:

Thanks for showing that there are other people on the board who notice the obvious! :worship: :wavey:

crazyroberto6767
May 5th, 2006, 09:46 PM
It's her worse slam. .
I'd say she's a favorite. She got over the mental hump of winning another big title (well just a title in general) at Miami. She's good on clay, she grew up on the stuff, she knows how to slide etc. I wouldn't call Roland Garros her worst slam. Based purely on results, yes, but c'mon we all know there's more behind those results. Both r. of 16 losses were against the eventual champion, and she had match points in each.

As for this match, congrats Sveta :bigclap:. Good luck in the next round.

:sad: for Vee, although this was a solid comeback tournament. Good luck in Rome!

IMPOSSIBLE
May 5th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Not exactly hammered if you watched the match on eurosport !

IMPOSSIBLE
May 5th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Henin-hardenne and ivanovic look good on clay and schiavone !

NO WAY WILL KUZNETSOVA WIN ROLAND GARROS SHE CANT PLAY AMAZING FOR THAT MANY MATCHES CONSECUTIVLY

Veenut
May 5th, 2006, 09:50 PM
:lol: at the haters. They are all happy Kutsy fans now. :lol: Anyway Vee, thanks for the thrills yesterday and continue to prepare for RG. I would love for you to do well there. Love you forever :hearts:

IMPOSSIBLE
May 5th, 2006, 09:50 PM
venus looked really good in her first tournament for ages !

Beat Martina Hingis !

and gave kuznetsova a good battle

and showed extremely good serving and power as always

GO VENUS

jonny84
May 5th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Well it was a good showing for Venus this week, particuarly as she hadn't played since her shock first-round loss at Melbourne.

QFs are good, she beat Martina, but lost to the better player on the day.

Tenisci
May 5th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Venus :sad:

But I am sure that Barış ERGÜN did his best. They will fly to Rome together again

morningglory
May 5th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Well done Svetlana. As expected. :armed:

IMPOSSIBLE
May 5th, 2006, 09:56 PM
SVETLANA's hair was weird today !

VISIT MY WEBSITE www.freewebs.com/tennisizwicked go on the guestbook and on the weekly poll

IMPOSSIBLE
May 5th, 2006, 09:57 PM
www.freewebs.com/tennisizwicked go on the guestbook and on the weekly poll

The Daviator
May 5th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Good win Sveta :yeah:

Nice comeback Vee :)

GogoGirl
May 5th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Hey All,

Venus's legs probably were still heavy. She ran them off on yesterday. LOL! Bless her heart - but she lost some of the feeling in her legs. We know that when Venus is attacking like she did yesterday - she is like an eagle around the net. Just a flying. There really are only two other players that can cover the net as good as V. - and IMO it's Momo and Justine - although Venus is still quicker than them when she's on. Just ask Martina. Venus brought the svinging volley back.

Btw - I watched the Fed Cup match between Anna K. and Dokic - and Anna showed some serious game. She lost - but she gave a good showing and had all the shots - and she attacked the net wonderfully when she could.

Venus is back - and that's the good news. Oh - and one of her peers is back too - as in Martina. So for the most part - it's all good. Venus will have her wheels aligned and greased in time for the French. She made the finals before. Jah willing.

I mentioned at the Miami tourney that when on - Kuzzy is the best Russian - and that she is just flat out great - and w/a lot of power and guile.

"WELCOME BACK - VENUS AND MARTINA" "YOU BOTH DID GOOD" "STEP LIVELY - VENUS"

http://www.in-forum.com/ap/index.cfm?page=view&id=D8HDQ8RO2

Brooklyn90
May 5th, 2006, 10:06 PM
good try and good run vee

SelesFan70
May 5th, 2006, 10:07 PM
*sigh* I REALLY wish I could like Kuznetsova...but I don't know how. I don't know what bugs me about her.

Anyways, congrats to Sveta.

I'm totally the same way! OMG...I thought I was the only one! :eek:

Volcana
May 5th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Venus actually played, won a match against a top thirty player, and has seemingly exited uninjured. Outside of Elena Bovina being healthy for two years running, what more is there to ask for? And that first serve percentage was unreal. 66% for the match. Then again, that had to be a conscious choice, given the absence of aces.

I really hope some network I get on cable shows Rome.

selyoink
May 5th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Expected result really. Kuznetsova has been one of the top players the last couple of months and Venus just returning did good to take down Hingis.

Brooks.
May 5th, 2006, 10:29 PM
whatever :rolleyes:

I figured kuznetsova would win but it still bothers me...Venus has no business losing to Kuznetsova even on a clay court...

Congrats Svetlana

Venus...please practice so you can do well at the French and Wimby...otherwise it's going to be the same yawnfest it's been for me the entire year

sunset
May 5th, 2006, 10:35 PM
:)

Orion
May 5th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Of course I thought Kuznetsova would win anyway, but Venus is looking determined again. In a few months, she'll be a force again. She fought through that last match and didn't look wonderful today, but she's looking driven for the first time since the Wimbledon semi's last year. It's exciting!

Denise4925
May 5th, 2006, 10:45 PM

Thanks for this Tom. Isn't this the first time Sveta has ever beaten Vee? Didn't Vee beat Sveta in Warsaw in the final in 2004?

I think Vee did good by getting this far. Next time Vee :yeah: Congrats to Sveta :)

Orion
May 5th, 2006, 10:48 PM
I think Vee did good by getting this far. Next time Vee :yeah: Congrats to Sveta :)

I agree. Her first tournament back, on what least suits her game, and she beats a top 30 player whose been on the rise lately. Impressive week for a recovering player.

I'd love to see her be a force again in time for the French, but Wimbledon is looking more realistic, and I'd be very uneasy to have her in my draw at the US.

Rocketta
May 5th, 2006, 10:49 PM
It's alright Venus, consistency will come. :yeah: So happy you're back on the scene. :bounce:

TheBoiledEgg
May 5th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks for this Tom. Isn't this the first time Sveta has ever beaten Vee? Didn't Vee beat Sveta in Warsaw in the final in 2004?

no :p she beat her on hard courts in 2004 also.
2-2 now.

Denise4925
May 5th, 2006, 11:06 PM
no :p she beat her on hard courts in 2004 also.
2-2 now.
You're right. It was Dubai. But, Vee did beat her in Warsaw for the title in 2004.

hnwortman
May 5th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Sveta any day over Venus!!

Rub
May 5th, 2006, 11:30 PM
when can she...

dav abu
May 5th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Well done Sveta, I'm absolutely delighted for her-she really seems to have turned the corner. Roll on the French Open!! Might I also say I thought she looked very well today-relaxed, tanned, good haircut, good clothes, laughing and smiling at herself instead of getting down like she might have before.

Lemonskin.
May 6th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Awesome Kuzzie :D Great work! :)

henryj2001
May 6th, 2006, 12:51 AM
It was harldy a hammering but well done Svetlana...

Venus you are sure to find match toughness along the way... And when you do you will dominate the game just like you did throughout times in the past...

Its only a matter of time... :)

Kworb
May 6th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Venus played better than against Hingis. Too bad it wasn't enough

Krystell
May 6th, 2006, 01:06 AM
It was harldy a hammering but well done Svetlana...

Venus you are sure to find match toughness along the way... And when you do you will dominate the game just like you did throughout times in the past...

Its only a matter of time... :)

6-4,6-2 straight sets win is kind of a "hammering"

Couver
May 6th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Onward and upward Venus :) I think I had everything crossed that there wouldn't be another injury and thankfully everything seems fine. It's just nice to have Venus back and playing. I think there's always something to be learned from a loss and I hope she works on it for Rome.

Congrats to Svetlana, it's nice to see everything coming together for her.

Alicia Rocks
May 6th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Sveta :bounce:
Vee its great to have you back :)

Jum_p_Over
May 6th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Its hard to believe that a bit longer than half a year ago, kuznetsova had been the first player to be upset in the 1st round at the us open trying to defend it :eek:

GracefulVenus
May 6th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Happy that Venus loss to someone I consider to be more than a worth opponent. Congrats Svetlana:) I am happy to see that you are still in great form. Good luck on the rest of the season Venus............I am still rooting for you girl:)

Kabibi
May 6th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Saddened Venus lost, but I'm not overwelmed by the loss today because Venus came and she performed as best as she could with two wins in the tournament. Every little step counts. Congratulations Svetlana and hopefully she will win it all.

Shoulderpova
May 6th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Sveta :worship: :worship: :hug: :smooch:
Venus :sad: :hug:

spencercarlos
May 6th, 2006, 03:34 AM
This is what we call ass whoop.
Welldone Svetlana.

Sharapova's_Boy
May 6th, 2006, 03:47 AM
Well done Sveta. :D

padawanpot
May 6th, 2006, 05:15 AM
Great win for Sveta! Goof for her! Considering its clay and its her first tournament back, good for Venus too.

junlee_vee
May 6th, 2006, 05:56 AM

Sure, if you just look at the score, but the match tells a deeper story. Throwing around words such as "hammered" and "ass whoop" (lol) is pretty ridiculous.

MH0861
May 6th, 2006, 05:58 AM
This tournament still has to be considered nothing but a success for Venus. She'll work back into her groove in time for Wimbledon, no doubt.

Lulu.
May 6th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Sure, if you just look at the score, but the match tells a deeper story. Throwing around words such as "hammered" and "ass whoop" (lol) is pretty ridiculous.

I know....they are pretty ridiculous :rolleyes:

Krystell
May 6th, 2006, 07:17 AM

I think the only reason you say all this is because it's Venus that got "hammered" and "whupped"

esquímaux
May 6th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Vee :hysteric::tears::bigcry:

Kuzka :kiss::droolicious::Predlezkiss:

Vut
May 6th, 2006, 07:42 AM
:sad: Vee

terjw
May 6th, 2006, 09:15 AM
I think the only reason you say all this is because it's Venus that got "hammered" and "whupped"

Did you actually watch the match? :rolleyes:

santhuruu
May 6th, 2006, 09:36 AM
well Venus did a good job here in Warsaw, now she has some match play under her belt also some rythm. And if she practices she'll be ready for Rome!

Jackson.
May 6th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Sveta :rocker2: She owned it!

spencercarlos
May 6th, 2006, 11:40 AM
I know....they are pretty ridiculous :rolleyes:
some called Venus´s win over Hingis ass whoop too :p 4-6 7-5 6-4
So what´s the call on a 6-4 6-2 match?

Jenny.C.Fan
May 6th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Probably the best match ive seen this year, great play from both players, score line is slightly unfair on venus it was a lot closer than it suggests, very entertaining match, well done sveta, good luck today :)

vwfan
May 6th, 2006, 12:04 PM

If Venus wants a Venus Slam, she will have to play more matches, to take care of her body and most of all, adjust her technique in such a way that it puts less strain on her body.You didn't want to say it beforehand, because you weren't sure. And you can never be sure when Venus (or Serena) will show up to mow down the competition. Venus defeated Svet in 2004 in Warsaw, which was supposedly her worse year on tour, so you could not be sure and now you come into this thread like you knew that Venus would lose.
It is you who are the loser.
If you didn't think she would or could beat Svet, then say it and eat your words later if you have to, but don't hold back and then claim you knew it all along. :rolleyes:
Congrats to Svet and her fans. Good job and great come back to form. Hoping the same for my girl!

Carmen Mairena
May 6th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Svetlana :speakles: :woohoo: :speakles:

Angelnoir
May 6th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Venus did very well considering the long absence from tennis ,congrats Sveta

Williams-forever
May 6th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Ouuch...this one hurts... :sad: But Miss Vee is back to rock the courts!! :cool: :devil:

Darioemeka
May 6th, 2006, 09:40 PM
This was Venus' fourth match of the year. I think things turned out fine.

Hats off to Sveta. :kiss:

smiler
May 6th, 2006, 09:45 PM
:dance:

SAEKeithSerena
May 6th, 2006, 10:47 PM
well i'm not going to bitch after the run venus had here. that match vs. martina was amazing, especially for someone lacking match play. i'm proud of what you did in this tournament, venus:)

vettipooh
May 6th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Nice try, Vee!!! :yeah: Now on to Rome! Sveta did great...hope she wins it all tomorrow. :banana:

TomTennis
May 6th, 2006, 11:40 PM
This match still does kinda hurts :sad: , but I am so happy that she is finally back fully fit and healthy! :worship:

faboozadoo15
May 7th, 2006, 12:48 AM
mmmmmmmm. You give your opinion and suddenly the gloves come off and the name calling starts! :rolleyes: and here's to me thinking people could argue their points civilised for once :rolleyes: more the fool me.
i was merely responding to your getting VERY defensive about someone calling this match a "hammering". sveta won twice as many games as venus, and venus never had any shot of winning.
yes it was a well played match, and it was CLOSE at times, but be real. some matches that go to a tough third set are called "ass kickings." (achem, venus over hingis and many many more.)

so, just don't be so defensive.

when maria lost to sveta the title was "sveta takes out the trash 6-4 6-3" or something...

spencercarlos
May 7th, 2006, 02:21 AM
i was merely responding to your getting VERY defensive about someone calling this match a "hammering". sveta won twice as many games as venus, and venus never had any shot of winning.
yes it was a well played match, and it was CLOSE at times, but be real. some matches that go to a tough third set are called "ass kickings." (achem, venus over hingis and many many more.)

so, just don't be so defensive.

when maria lost to sveta the title was "sveta takes out the trash 6-4 6-3" or something...
Indeed. A three set 6-4 in the third match was a domination, ass whoop, spanking. And then all the sudden a two set win losing 6 games is now a close match :rolleyes:

Plus the other players that have beaten Martina had not have labeled their match as amazing, despite Venus being the one that has beaten Martina with the closest score of anyone this year :rolleyes: .
Did not know beating a coming back on clay 2006 Hingis is now an amazing run :lol:

junlee_vee
May 7th, 2006, 02:54 AM
some called Venus´s win over Hingis ass whoop too 4-6 7-5 6-4

I don't remember seeing anybody called this an "ass whoop" (that sounds so funny), and I certainly didn't say that...Venus was lucky to win, she could hardly walk for a little while! Don't generalize all Venus fans for what a few might say.

Marshmallow
May 7th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Did you actually watch the match? :rolleyes:

It probably didn't watch the match, and even if it had done so, it probably would have only seen what it wanted to.

T'was a tough match, with Venus making errors at the most inopportune times. But again, Venus is back on the courts, and as a Venus fan, that is something i am grateful for. She is healthy, and focused, and ust needs to be more macth tight. This match doesn't matter... we can hope that she will peak when it does, in the slams.

*\o/*

Mother_Marjorie
May 7th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Well, on clay, its really difficult to deliver a "hammering" for any of the top pro's. Had the scoreline been 6-1, 6-2, I would have considered it a beat down.

For it being her first tournament back, Venus did very well, including the trophy of beating Hingis on clay.

Expect Venus' results to improve. She always does.

spencercarlos
May 7th, 2006, 03:46 AM
Well, on clay, its really difficult to deliver a "hammering" for any of the top pro's. Had the scoreline been 6-1, 6-2, I would have considered it a beat down.

For it being her first tournament back, Venus did very well, including the trophy of beating Hingis on clay.

Expect Venus' results to improve. She always does.
Yeah, second match for Hingis on clay in four years, quite an acomplishment :lol:

Summer Snow
May 7th, 2006, 04:10 AM
What would you call a 6-0 6-0 beating Sharapova received from Davenport? :devil: :o :help:

morningglory
May 7th, 2006, 04:13 AM
What would you call a 6-0 6-0 beating Sharapova received from Davenport? :devil: :o :help:
simpply a ghost of the past, vanquished by Maria's conquest of Indian Wells this year. ;)

venus_rulez
May 7th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Just when you think the level of ridiculousness of this board will fall no lower it inevitably does. This is Venus' 4th match of the year, 3 of those have been on her worst surface and she's acquitted herself quite well. A big :rolleyes: to all the people on here who can't appreciate the effort Venus showed this week. Also a big :rolleyes: to the people who aren't giving Kuznetsova her credit. A win over Venus Williams no matter her condition or the surface is very impressive. She's one of the very best players to play the game and always gives a ton of effort. Here's another :rolleyes: for good measure.

Summer Snow
May 7th, 2006, 05:28 AM
Just when you think the level of ridiculousness of this board will fall no lower it inevitably does. This is Venus' 4th match of the year, 3 of those have been on her worst surface and she's acquitted herself quite well. A big :rolleyes: to all the people on here who can't appreciate the effort Venus showed this week. Also a big :rolleyes: to the people who aren't giving Kuznetsova her credit. A win over Venus Williams no matter her condition or the surface is very impressive. She's one of the very best players to play the game and always gives a ton of effort. Here's another :rolleyes: for good measure.
:rolleyes:

Mother_Marjorie
May 7th, 2006, 05:48 AM
Yeah, second match for Hingis on clay in four years, quite an acomplishment :lol:

Ah, the excuses continue.....

Lulu.
May 7th, 2006, 05:52 AM

:lol: I know right. They seem to forget about that match!

Serena nor Venus have ever gotten double bageled in their entire careers and they never will

borisy
May 7th, 2006, 02:01 PM

Venus had no chance during the whole match. Look at the break points... That's called hammering.

Krystell
May 7th, 2006, 02:06 PM
:lol: I know right. They seem to forget about that match!

Serena nor Venus have ever gotten double bageled in their entire careers and they never will

Yeah, but Venus sure got a nice bagel set handed to her by a qualifier at the AO this year. :lol:

Summer Snow
May 7th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, but Venus sure got a nice bagel set handed to her by a qualifier at the AO this year. :lol:
Between you and me, I would prefer to lose 6-2 0-6 7-9, than lose 0-6 0-6. That's an utter embarrassment! :o Imagine Federer losing to Roddick 0-6 0-6 :help:

starr
May 7th, 2006, 04:32 PM

An anomoly.

V-MAC
May 7th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Venus had no chance during the whole match. Look at the break points... That's called hammering.

um....not quite :o Venus losing to Hingis at the Aus Open 2001 with a scoreline of 6-1 6-1 is what you would call a hammering :lol: :tape: or even more so, as already mentioned, Maria receiving a big fat double-bagel from Lindsay :drool: :devil: So did Kuzzy get "hammered" too today by Kim so :confused: after all, she just managed to win one more game than Venus.

Krystell
May 7th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Between you and me, I would prefer to lose 6-2 0-6 7-9, than lose 0-6 0-6. That's an utter embarrassment! :o Imagine Federer losing to Roddick 0-6 0-6 :help:

Imagine Martina Navratilova being double bageled, she was,by Chris Evert. Imagine Lleyton Hewitt being bageled twice by Federer, he was in a slam final. So it isn't that strange for a great player to be bageled by another great player.

LucasArg
May 7th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Please, delete this thread already!

borisy
May 7th, 2006, 06:11 PM

A four letter word starting with r and ending with e.

morningglory
May 7th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Imagine Martina Navratilova being double bageled, she was,by Chris Evert. Imagine Lleyton Hewitt being bageled twice by Federer, he was in a slam final. So it isn't that strange for a great player to be bageled by another great player.
Yay! Sign of greatness! ;) well Hewitt not so much ever since he got hitched but watever... :lol: :haha: interestingly tho the H2H is now 4-1...

Now imagine say... Donald Young def R. Federer 2-6 3-6 6-0 7-6 9-7 in AO 1st round... dunno I'd rather not be a top player and get bagelled by a Q who lose convincingly in the next round... but in all justice, Venus is allergic to Bulgarians... ;)

morningglory
May 7th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Lindsay was No.1 at that time... and I'm sure no one blamed Hewitt for eating 2 bagels in the USO final... and he was No.2!

TomTennis
May 7th, 2006, 07:39 PM

did you watch the match at all!? On any important point for Venus, i.e. leveling the match at 5-5, or a break point against her, or a break point for her, she made an error! Feel free to call it hammering if Sveta won those points, but she didnt, Venus lost them.

This match was days ago, and i think the pety-ness shud stop.

plus the Lindsay/Maria double bagel was even longer ago! :rolleyes:

borisy
May 7th, 2006, 10:51 PM
did you watch the match at all!? On any important point for Venus, i.e. leveling the match at 5-5, or a break point against her, or a break point for her, she made an error! Feel free to call it hammering if Sveta won those points, but she didnt, Venus lost them.

This match was days ago, and i think the pety-ness shud stop.

plus the Lindsay/Maria double bagel was even longer ago! :rolleyes:

Yes I watched and it was a hammering for me. For matches that end like 6-1 6-2 there are more severe words to use instead of hammering.

vettipooh
May 7th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Yes I watched and it was a hammering for me. For matches that end like 6-1 6-2 there are more severe words to use instead of hammering.
You need a good hammering over the head! :smash: :lol:

vwfan
May 8th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Break point conversions:
Venus: 1/2 (50%)
Kuznetsova: 4/13 (31%)

I saw the first part of this match and Venus had broken Sveta for 2-1... That was the only chance she had in the whole match! Sveta must've been on fire ever since that moment!Venus said she couldn't practice her serve that much while she was out. I hope she is working on it in the next couple of weeks, because she won't survive til the second week allowing opponents 13 break chances on her serve. At least she kept the break conversion rate down though.

WF4EVER
May 8th, 2006, 01:33 AM
It's so nice to see life is back to normal now that a Williams sister is playing again.

When Venus was out it was like she was terminally ill or something the way everyone wanted her to come back but now she's back the Vee fans are overly dramatic, over- protective and living in constant denial. OTOH the Venus haters are hating as usual and celebrating her losses as usual. Life is truly back to normal in the tennis world and WTA world, in particular.

IMO Venus was hammered. Period. But I don't care because she's back and she's playing.

Fact is it hasn't changed the fact that on two half-legs she beat a much fitter Hingis (and this is especially for you, spencercarlos). Revel all you want in the fact that Venus was 'hammered' by Sveta, she still beat Hingis even though she could barely stand straight, serve well and had only won one match all year long. I am absolutely sure that Venus would choose losing to everyone else on any given day except Martina Hingis. It showed, didn't it? The way she pulled out all the stops to make sure she wouldn't give up down 0-3 and a set, sucking up all the agonizing cramps, double faults, constantly losing her serve.

Aw, man, that stings, I know.

Get over it, just like I'm over Venus losing to Sveta.

Infiniti2001
May 8th, 2006, 02:12 AM
It's so nice to see life is back to normal now that a Williams sister is playing again.

When Venus was out it was like she was terminally ill or something the way everyone wanted her to come back but now she's back the Vee fans are overly dramatic, over- protective and living in constant denial. OTOH the Venus haters are hating as usual and celebrating her losses as usual. Life is truly back to normal in the tennis world and WTA world, in particular.

IMO Venus was hammered. Period. But I don't care because she's back and she's playing.

Fact is it hasn't changed the fact that on two half-legs she beat a much fitter Hingis (and this is especially for you, spencercarlos). Revel all you want in the fact that Venus was 'hammered' by Sveta, she still beat Hingis even though she could barely stand straight, serve well and had only won one match all year long. I am absolutely sure that Venus would choose losing to everyone else on any given day except Martina Hingis. It showed, didn't it? The way she pulled out all the stops to make sure she wouldn't give up down 0-3 and a set, sucking up all the agonizing cramps, double faults, constantly losing her serve.

:clap2: Believe it or not, as a long time Vee fan, that one match against Chucky mattered to me more than the ¼ final :lol: Of course it would have been wonderful had she won :shrug: but I'm happy she gave the spencercarloses et al the opportunity to loathe her even more :haha:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 8th, 2006, 10:48 PM
So what if Vee was 'hammered'...I'm just glad she's back and I hope she's back to stay.

spencercarlos
May 9th, 2006, 12:49 AM

Hmm get over some a couple things here:
1) Hingis is not the same player she was when she was at the top of the game, she is not even at her best phisically, mentally or tennis wise.
2) This Hingis was just playing her second match on clay in 4 years. So its ridiculous to assume that Hingis was the favorite to win this match as most of you Venus fans think, pretty much you are still living on the times when Hingis was number one and Venus was the lower ranked player upsetting Martina. Today is exactly the opossite. Venus is the higher much more acomplished player, dating back since Hingis retired.
3) Venus is a better clay court player, some of you call it her worst surface, and it seems Venus`s worst surface turns out to be rebound ace. Overall results and results since 2004, when Venus came back from her 6month injury, reflects that Venus second best surface could probably be clay since then after grass of course.
4) You keep mentioning how Venus won the match from being down, and the cramps, great effort for sure, but should be worry some that a coming back Hingis of 2006 should be already in a position to be winning a match against Venus :lol:, that shows how great Martina is, and especially when both players were closer to 100% conditions Hingis was 6-4 5-4 30-0, when Venus still did not have the cramps, so that shows pretty much what Hingis is capable of. Of course forgetting the ridiculous end of the match where Hingis simply hands the match to Venus, despite a huge 3 winners that Venus did in the last two games.
5) You keep celebrating the victory over Hingis, just because its Hingis, but down deep Venus just beating Hingis, only to lose in straight in form but still inconsistent Kuznetsova only shows that Venus is far from her best. Even her 6-3 6-3 win over the rookie from Poland is not an expected scoreline.

So keep on being on denial, and thinking that beating Hingis in 2006 on clay is "AMAZING", the greatest thing on earth. :wavey:

And back to this topic once again, yes Sveta hammered Venus, just like Venus hammered her in the 2004 final. :worship:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 9th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Hmm get over some a couple things here:
1) Hingis is not the same player she was when she was at the top of the game, she is not even at her best phisically, mentally or tennis wise.
2) This Hingis was just playing her second match on clay in 4 years. So its ridiculous to assume that Hingis was the favorite to win this match as most of you Venus fans think, pretty much you are still living on the times when Hingis was number one and Venus was the lower ranked player upsetting Martina. Today is exactly the opossite. Venus is the higher much more acomplished player, dating back since Hingis retired.
3) Venus is a better clay court player, some of you call it her worst surface, and it seems Venus`s worst surface turns out to be rebound ace. Overall results and results since 2004, when Venus came back from her 6month injury, reflects that Venus second best surface could probably be clay since then after grass of course.
4) You keep mentioning how Venus won the match from being down, and the cramps, great effort for sure, but should be worry some that a coming back Hingis of 2006 should be already in a position to be winning a match against Venus :lol:, that shows how great Martina is, and especially when both players were closer to 100% conditions Hingis was 6-4 5-4 30-0, when Venus still did not have the cramps, so that shows pretty much what Hingis is capable of. Of course forgetting the ridiculous end of the match where Hingis simply hands the match to Venus, despite a huge 3 winners that Venus did in the last two games.
5) You keep celebrating the victory over Hingis, just because its Hingis, but down deep Venus just beating Hingis, only to lose in straight in form but still inconsistent Kuznetsova only shows that Venus is far from her best. Even her 6-3 6-3 win over the rookie from Poland is not an expected scoreline.

So keep on being on denial, and thinking that beating Hingis in 2006 on clay is "AMAZING", the greatest thing on earth. :wavey:

And back to this topic once again, yes Sveta hammered Venus, just like Venus hammered her in the 2004 final. :worship:

You're really passionate about this subject it seems. Typing a whole damn essay to prove why Venus was "hammered". Fine Venus was hammered, Kuzzie still lost in straights to Kim in the final new ugly ass hair do and all.

Denise4925
May 9th, 2006, 04:49 PM
You're really passionate about this subject it seems. Typing a whole damn essay to prove why Venus was "hammered". Fine Venus was hammered, Kuzzie still lost in straights to Kim in the final new ugly ass hair do and all.

darrinbaker00
May 9th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Venus Williams did not get "hammered" by Svetlana Kuznetsova. She got "smoked." ;)

ico4498
May 9th, 2006, 06:21 PM
lol @ this thread.

Billabong
May 9th, 2006, 06:28 PM
OMG, almost a week later and this is still going on:lol: Cmon guys!!

V-MAC
May 9th, 2006, 08:46 PM
OMG, almost a week later and this is still going on:lol: Cmon guys!!

:lol: I know. Seems like SpencerCarlos is hell bent on getting his point across though. :eek:

winone23
May 9th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Spencercarlos

Now it would be wrong if I said Kuzzy can only beat Venus when she is coming back from an injury lay-off, which is exactly what happened in both cases, time to drop the match.