PDA

View Full Version : "The Venus Slam"?

Jaffas85
May 5th, 2006, 06:55 AM
After watching clips of Venus' performance against Hingis do you think she is on her way back to her highest level and is once again very much committed to playing tennis at her best level *like she was between 2000 - 2003*?

It would be really cool if Venus would have her own "Venus Slam" by winning the French, Wimbledon, U.S. and Australian.

Just how hungry is she to re-assert herself?

aholloway
May 5th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Good question, would love to see it happen :D , just have to take it one match, one tourney at a time at this point though.

tennisrox
May 5th, 2006, 07:31 AM
No.

hingis-seles
May 5th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Uhh...I hate to break this to you but the "Venus Slam" has already been accomplished by Venus in 2002-2003.

Any player who reaches 4 non-calendar GS finals in a row and loses all of them has completed the "Venus Slam". :)

exodus'05
May 5th, 2006, 08:26 AM
venus if far from the old venus, yesterday she didn't show how well she can play but she showed us that she's still hungry.......unfortunately that's not enough, she needs to make less unforced errors.

smiler
May 5th, 2006, 08:42 AM
wow..., this kind of thread after she wins two games :scratch:

Geisha
May 5th, 2006, 11:36 AM
wow..., this kind of thread after she wins two games :scratch:

Two games? She won 17 of those against Hingis.

Marshmallow
May 5th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Iím especially happy about Venusís mental attitude, and frame of mind. Venus WANTS to dominate; she wants to get back to the very top of the game. She is looking stronger, and wants it, but not as desperately as she did pre-Wimbledon 2005.

So I think sheís on the right track, especially mentally to getting back to her best. I certainly donít think Venus is headed for her pre-Wimbledon 20005 position, of being able to lose to anybody. Iím really positive about the future. But canít speculate about a Venus slam, though I think she could do extremely well at the French.

vwfan
May 5th, 2006, 12:36 PM
whoa, horsie. let's get a tournament title for 2006 first. ;)
otherwise, I am with you! i'd certainly enjoy the ride, as it will undoubtedly be filled with drama. :lol:

Paneru
May 5th, 2006, 12:42 PM
It would be very tough!
Health wise.

Yet looking at her play yesterday and
her words, I believe it is possible for
her to do! :)

"I was really eager and ready to go. It was exciting," Williams told reporters. "All in all I'm happy. You can't ask for too much more."

"At this stage every match is important to me, to get a rhythm and start dominating hopefully."

"I really didn't want any more Australian Opens where I wasn't playing at 100 percent with preparation or health. I just didn't want to come back until I knew I could do that."

"I guess I said that prayer just in time," Williams told reporters. "It was just crazy, it was intense. Even I wouldn't expect that of myself. Definitely just living in the moment."

"Each and every win is nice. This is obviously an amazing moment. It's definitely a wonderful sign, this early in my return."

"A lot of them I missed," she said, "but I got to make a lot of them too. I saw no reason to give up. I saw only a reason to continue."

:yeah:

Marshmallow
May 5th, 2006, 12:47 PM
It would be very tough!
Health wise.

Yet looking at her play yesterday and
her words, I believe it is possible for
her to do! :)

:yeah:

Fantastic quotes, mentally she is definetely in the right place. Keep it up. :bounce:

Foot_Fault
May 5th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Uhh...I hate to break this to you but the "Venus Slam" has already been accomplished by Venus in 2002-2003.

Any player who reaches 4 non-calendar GS finals in a row and loses all of them has completed the "Venus Slam". :)

Still Bitter over the loss? It's Ok. You need a Hug.:hug:

FUCKING IDIOT!!:tape:

Krystell
May 5th, 2006, 01:35 PM

That's true. you would call that a Venus Slamless instead of a Venus Slam ;)

GrandSlam05
May 5th, 2006, 01:46 PM

:lol: So true. If she's going to do it she better hurry before Serena gets healthy again and beats the pants off her over and over again. Poor Vee. :lol:

hingis-seles
May 12th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Kim almost emulated the "Venus Slam" during her run from RG 2003- AO 2004, but ironically enough, it was Venus who prevented Kim from winning the "Venus Slam" by winning their Wimbledon semifinal. :)

Go Vee. :)