PDA

View Full Version : Warsaw: Last Eight

Volcana
May 5th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Let's face it. Venus vs Kuznetsova is the only match in the QFs.

Clijsters___
Schiavone...|_Clijsters
Radwanska___| Dementieva
Dementieva

Ivanovic..._
Chakvetadze | Ivanovic
Venus.....__| Venus
Kuznetsova

Yes the lower ranking players CAN win, but reaistically ....

tenn_ace
May 5th, 2006, 04:22 AM

and the rest are?

SAEKeithSerena
May 5th, 2006, 04:23 AM
i bet schiavone upsets clijsters

RenaSlam.
May 5th, 2006, 04:24 AM
and the rest are?

Given.

tenn_ace
May 5th, 2006, 04:27 AM
tell that to Anna and Fran :p

LeRoy.
May 5th, 2006, 04:51 AM

Not really SCHIAVONE could realistically beat Kim and Anna C could beat Ana I. Demenetieva against an up and coming player playing well on her home soil ...i wouldn't say that Demetieva would win is a given either :)

MH0861
May 5th, 2006, 04:54 AM
You're probably right, but tennis is a funny, unpredictable sport.. you never know what could happen! I definitely don't think Clijsters is a sure thing tomorrow.

azmad_88
May 5th, 2006, 05:10 AM
i think if kim and elena win their matches today..they will face each other right?

MH0861
May 5th, 2006, 05:13 AM
i think if kim and elena win their matches today..they will face each other right?

Yes. Ivanovic/Chakvetadze and Dementieva/Radwanska need to be reversed in the draw shown here.

zzachtan
May 5th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Clijsters will steamroll Schiavone. Dementieva (not her clone that shows up once a while) should win without any fuss. Chakvetadze & Ivanovic, though is interesting. That match may seem like a give, but i'm just not too sure Ana will go through that comfortably.

Now, Venus & Kuznetsova. THAT will be a cracker of a match. Or not. Again, depends on which Venus shows up. The DUbai 2004 or Warsaw 2004 Venus? We'll see i guess

G~Playa
May 5th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Damn that Venus Vs Kuznetsova match is gonan be interestin'

winone23
May 5th, 2006, 07:15 AM
I hope Venus beats kuzzy because Venus is spicing things up. I like Kuzzy and Kim but I want to she Venus play some more.

vwfan
May 5th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Damn that Venus Vs Kuznetsova match is gonan be interestin'I hope win or lose, it is a three-setter for Vee. She needs the match play. If she should beat Kuzzie, then she's potentially got Ana and their one and only match was :eek: ! and then, Kim. Venus will want to pay back big time, but it will likely be another tough three setter.
Venus is going to have to work big time to get this title!

Lin Lin
May 5th, 2006, 01:28 PM
i bet schiavone upsets clijsters

it has been proved wrong :p

Volcana
May 5th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Not really SCHIAVONE could realistically beat Kim
The H2H was disproportionately Clijsters

and Anna C could beat Ana I.Chakvetadze hasn't gotten past the round-of-16 this year, before this tournament. And last year she only got past the round-of-32 once on red clay, at Istanbul, not the strongest field. Ivanovic really has no excuse for not winning this match.

Demenetieva against an up and coming player playing well on her home soil ...i wouldn't say that Demetieva would win is a given either :)Either Dementieva is as good as her ranking and history suggest, or she's not. If she is, this is a 2-set win.

xin_hui
May 5th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Chakvetadze hasn't gotten past the round-of-16 this year, before this tournament. And last year she only got past the round-of-32 once on red clay, at Istanbul, not the strongest field. Ivanovic really has no excuse for not winning this match.

well, ivanovic IS losing right now

tenn_ace
May 5th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Chakvetadze hasn't gotten past the round-of-16 this year, before this tournament. And last year she only got past the round-of-32 once on red clay, at Istanbul, not the strongest field. Ivanovic really has no excuse for not winning this match.

Anna is a young players with not a lot of experience. She is still learning, so why not a breakthrough in her match against Ana I.?

tenn_ace
May 5th, 2006, 02:21 PM
as I said: tell that to other girls... :p

bellascarlett
May 5th, 2006, 02:22 PM
well, ivanovic IS losing right now

It's JUST LOST now...good job Anna C. :)

Ballbasher
May 5th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Anna C beat Ana I. :haha: :haha: :haha:

Brooks.
May 5th, 2006, 02:25 PM
instead of a great semi of Venus vs. Ana, we are going to have Kuznetsova vs. Anna C. yawnfest :yawn:

tenn_ace
May 5th, 2006, 02:28 PM
instead of a great semi of Venus vs. Ana, we are going to have Kuznetsova vs. Anna C. yawnfest :yawn:

:rolleyes:

Volcana
May 5th, 2006, 03:11 PM
It's JUST LOST now...good job Anna C. :)Congrats to Chakvetadze. Just when I start believing in Ivanovic...

timray
May 5th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Either Dementieva is as good as her ranking and history suggest, or she's not. If she is, this is a 2-set win.

i don't know if i consider Dementieva overrated, but i do think she's not as good as Venus :devil:

Marshmallow
May 5th, 2006, 03:44 PM

Yes. If venus loses, or can't play, yet ANOTHER all russian match, would be a yawn fest. A lot of these Russian players are simply boring. Sorry. They probably drive away viewers of the sport.

mishar
May 5th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Dementieva can beat anyone on her day, and lose to anyone on another day. I think even her greatest fans would say this. Meanwhile, Agnes is a junior GS winner -- a potential future star -- it would be surprising if she wins this match, but every new good player has their breakthrough sometime.