PDA

View Full Version : Any Update On Venus' Leg Cramps?

lizchris
May 5th, 2006, 03:40 AM
BTW, I want to mention that it seemed like a good match. I saw some highlights on EPSN News and Venus' first serve seems to be fine and Martina seemed to have trouble returning Venus's first serves. But I am concerned about the fact that Venus had to be treated for cramps a few times during the match and I know that she got the cramps because of her lack of match play, but I wonder if she will be well enoguh to play tomorrrow against Kuznetsova as they are the last match of the day on Centre court. Has anyone heard any updates on Venus?

K-Dog
May 5th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Well, they should have Venus on an IV after the match to get fluid match in her. She will probably be drinking a lot of water and gatorade, as well as eating bananas (high in potassium) to get rid of the cramps. She be getting heat therapy from Kerrie, as well as continuously doing some simple stretches slowly to get the lactic acid out of her muscles. She'll be sore in the morning, but when she starts running again, the soreness will go away.

After this tournament, Venus should get on the treadmill and run to get her legs back into shape. She ran out of gas at the USO against Kim and almost here against Hingis. Where is the Venus that beat Justine and Jen is one day and then Davenport the next?

K-Dog
May 5th, 2006, 04:00 AM
btw, I had to play 4 matches in a day this year and I cramped after the third match (I had an hour break between my third and fourth), but I cut the grass the day after (which is tough with our hilly backyard). I drank a lot of water and gatorade, and ate some bananas too. i stretched out and that was it. i'm in decent shape, but venus is prob in better. cramps are nothing to worry to much about.

Paneru
May 5th, 2006, 05:23 AM
I heard speculation that Venus got a bit dehydrated
during the match which caused the cramping due
to the medication she is taking for her throat infection.

It wouldn't surprise me. I've not seen Venus
cramp like that in years playing just as hard.

We'll see how she feels when the match begins.
She should be fine.

dreamgoddess099
May 5th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Those cramps looked really bad, I expect she'll still be very sore tomorrow. I once had a cramp so bad my leg was still sore a week later, those things can be killer.

Sevenseas
May 5th, 2006, 01:37 PM
I hope Venus feels better and those cramps donít affect her game on her way to the next round today.

Lin Lin
May 5th, 2006, 01:40 PM
hope she can trash kuz soon

Rocketta
May 5th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Her cramps seemed to be getting better at the latter stages of the match just from the things she was doing during the change overs. :shrug:

Carmen Mairena
May 5th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Get well Venus! :smooch: