PDA

View Full Version : Its time for Martina to improve her serve?

Morrissey
May 4th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Justine Henin Hardenne is shorter than Martina and yet she is so much more explosive and powerful. Justine is only 5 foot 5 or 5 foot 6. And yet Justine has a powerful serve when its on, and she also goes for her second serves. By contrast Martina doesn't bend her knees enough when she serves and doesn't accelerate into the ball and get good wrist snap. Martina needs to improve on her serve if she really wants to be no.1 or back in the top again. She will still move up the rankings of course, but if Martina Hingis really wants to be a top top contender she needs to go for her serve a bit more. She can do it, its just a matter of if she wants to.

LoveFifteen
May 4th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I really don't understand why she doesn't work exclusively on her serve during her time off. It's the biggest weakness in her game. If she could serve like Justine, she'd be able to win so much more easily.

I really don't understand why she doesn't have a constant serve coach with her.

Tennisballova
May 4th, 2006, 11:26 PM
I really don't understand why she doesn't have a constant serve coach with her.

Maye she could work together with Dementieva (lol).. But seriously, someone of Hingis' calibre shouldn't be allowed to have such an inconsistant (and poor) serve (like she has now).

ezekiel
May 4th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Radek will help her :D
He gets sex, she gets a serve, fair? :devil:

PLP
May 5th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Maye she could work together with Dementieva (lol).. But seriously, someone of Hingis' calibre shouldn't be allowed to have such an inconsistant (and poor) serve (like she has now).
I don't know if it is fair to put her serve in the same category as Elena...it's not a weapon, but she doesn't usaully DF. I think when Martina gets disgusted enough she will improve it more...hopefully that happened today!

fammmmedspin
May 5th, 2006, 12:27 AM
She lost in on UE and wrong strategy and odd shot selection - not her serve.

You are right about Justine (Francesca hits at 117mph too) but the price of justine's serve is a broken body and a serve that is sometimes a liability.

Andrew..
May 5th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Its time for Martina to improve her serve?Its time for Martina to improve her serve?
Duh.

Billabong
May 5th, 2006, 12:33 AM
It's time she improves her serve since about 2000;)

partbrit
May 5th, 2006, 12:33 AM
yes!

iPatty
May 5th, 2006, 12:41 AM
It's been time for her to improve her serve. Don't know why she hasn't, though.