PDA

View Full Version : Venus: Biggest fighter on tour!

davidmario
May 4th, 2006, 05:51 PM
That's why I love her! That fight was outstanding. She was really fighting through her cramps and those returns in the end - absolutely terrific!

Would you agree in saying that Venus is the biggest fighter in tennis?
I think this win was the best prove :worship:

And BTW, this goes to GoDom, I wouldn't say that Hingis choked. Venus was playing more agressive and was going for her shots! Though she comitted 80UEs she also hit 53 winners compared to Hingis' 12 !!!

vwfan
May 4th, 2006, 05:59 PM
She's one of them. Serena and Henin are others.

Ferosh
May 4th, 2006, 06:01 PM
She's not the only player that has played through cramps.

FrenchY52
May 4th, 2006, 06:06 PM
She's ONE OF THEM ..

RenaSlam.
May 4th, 2006, 06:07 PM
1.) Serena
2.) Venus

3.) Justine

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2006, 06:12 PM

Henin use to be the Top fighter along with Venus to me. But after the Oz Open Stunt....i am hugely dissappointed.

#1 - Venus Williams
#2 - Serena Williams
#3 - Maria Sharapova
#4 - Monica Seles
#5 - Justine Henin
#6 - Chanda Rubin (she's been a fighter ALL Her Career)
#7 - Elena Dementieva (she's been counted out 100's of times still wins)
#8 - Amy Frazier (she don't win often, but when she's in a dog fight, she FIGHTS)
#9 - Jennifer Capriati (Nuff Said, just her nemesis sometimes)
#10- Tatiana Golovin (going on the Match w/Maria, glimsp of which to come)

Wannabeknowitall
May 4th, 2006, 06:15 PM
She's one of the biggest fighters on tour.
We all knew that. I don't think she's even close to her sister Serena in fighting spirit.
She even said it in a speech last year for Glamour Magazine.

eugreene2
May 4th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Please get Rubin, Dementieva, Frazier & Golovin out of that list. There is some fight in all players. We're talking about monumental fight where you're down or injured against a top 5 player & you still come back to WIN. To me that's

Serena
Venus
Justine
Sharapova

Dementinator
May 4th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Please get Rubin, Dementieva, Frazier & Golovin out of that list. There is some fight in all players. We're talking about monumental fight where you're down or injured against a top 5 player & you still come back to WIN. To me that's

Serena
Venus
Justine
Sharapova

so what did Lena do in USO 2004 QF against Momo then eh? EH? stomach cramps ,hurt leg ,dehydration ,still fought to win in the TB so dont give me that shit ,theres plenty of fighters ,Venus is one of them as is Elena! if that 2004 win wasnt a "monumental fight when down and injured against a top 5 player" then I dont know what the fuck is!

And well done to Venus ,a good win and well deserved!

AsGoodAsNew
May 4th, 2006, 06:55 PM
She's not the only player that has played through cramps.
There are cramps and camps. I haven't seen a player like that before. Martina should hang her head in shame. Venus should pat herself on the back.

Mother_Marjorie
May 4th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Though she comitted 80UEs

I certainly don't want to take anything away from Venus. She fought hard to win. But 80 UE's in a tennis match is just retarded.

-27 in winners to unforced errors was obviously not a quality match. Both players streaked, which is a common symptom of not being match tough.

I think playing each other at the US Open after having matches under their belts will be a better indicator of where both players are.

Wannabeknowitall
May 4th, 2006, 07:14 PM
There are cramps and camps. I haven't seen a player like that before. Martina should hang her head in shame. Venus should pat herself on the back.

I think you are not considering the fact that it's very difficult to play an injured player.
These players expect the game to change now that the player is injured but now their opponent goes all out on shots and gets to balls you think she should not get to.
You expect her to just give in and when she doesn't it can totally throw off whatever gameplan the player who was dominating had.

This is one of the few test Hingis has had with mental toughness in the 5 months that she's been back on tour.
This is her second match on clay and she took Venus to 3 sets.
She lost in 2 sets to Venus at Hamburg almost 4 years ago so this is a step in the right direction.
The Venus fans seem to be putting too much thought into this match.
It was a second round match ladies and gentleman, nothing more and nothing less.

Justine Fan
May 4th, 2006, 07:14 PM

Thank you for being so objective!

Congratulations on Venus's win today, she is amazing. I saw the match and towards the end (especially with the cramps) she was amazing! You can't help but admire and respect her.

The lemon outfit suits her also!

Knizzle
May 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Chill out ppl, it was a great fight to win the match, but damn it was one match. GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!! Let's not go overboard.

SJW
May 4th, 2006, 07:17 PM
No she's not. Justine, Maria and Serena possibly even Dementieva all come above her.
she loses some matches with no fight.

Mother_Marjorie
May 4th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Henin use to be the Top fighter along with Venus to me. But after the Oz Open Stunt....i am hugely dissappointed.

#1 - Venus Williams
#2 - Serena Williams
#3 - Maria Sharapova
#4 - Monica Seles
#5 - Justine Henin
#6 - Chanda Rubin (she's been a fighter ALL Her Career)
#7 - Elena Dementieva (she's been counted out 100's of times still wins)
#8 - Amy Frazier (she don't win often, but when she's in a dog fight, she FIGHTS)
#9 - Jennifer Capriati (Nuff Said, just her nemesis sometimes)
#10- Tatiana Golovin (going on the Match w/Maria, glimsp of which to come)

I find it interesting you say that about Justine, and Serena doesn't appear to be fighting that hard to get on court.

vwfan
May 4th, 2006, 07:23 PM
No she's not. Justine, Maria and Serena all come above her.
she loses some matches with no fight.How many ocassions has Venus lost any match in two sets. Give me a break! Even when she is off her game, she usually makes her opponents work hard to beat her. The only top player to beat Venus in two sets more than a couple of times is Serena and she's family. What player has ever double-bageled Venus, what Grand Slam final has Venus ever withdrawn from (she fought to three sets against Serena at Wimbledon with her career-threatening ab strain).
Come on now, people. Give the girl her props. She's given the tour some of the most thrilling matches ever, because she refused to say die.

eugreene2
May 4th, 2006, 07:26 PM
so what did Lena do in USO 2004 QF against Momo then eh? EH? stomach cramps ,hurt leg ,dehydration ,still fought to win in the TB so dont give me that shit ,theres plenty of fighters ,Venus is one of them as is Elena! if that 2004 win wasnt a "monumental fight when down and injured against a top 5 player" then I dont know what the fuck is!

And well done to Venus ,a good win and well deserved!

Right, there are plenty of fighters. But there are fighters & there are "I'm willing to die on court" fighters. Naming just one match by Dementieva against a player like MoMo who until recently has admitted having mental issues wouldn't make Dementieva qualified for the list. Sorry. No disrespect to her but that's not it. If you have examples of her doing it against the likes of Sharapova, Clijsters and Henin then we can add her.

Justine Fan
May 4th, 2006, 07:26 PM
I find it interesting you say that about Justine, and Serena doesn't appear to be fighting that hard to get on court.

:haha: :haha: :yeah:

I know ... I totally agree with you. Have you ever heard of the saying "A Camel never sees it's own hump"?

Knizzle
May 4th, 2006, 07:27 PM
How many ocassions has Venus lost any match in two sets. Give me a break! Even when she is off her game, she usually makes her opponents work hard to beat her. The only top player to beat Venus in two sets more than a couple of times is Serena and she's family. What player has ever double-bageled Venus, what Grand Slam final has Venus ever withdrawn from (she fought to three sets against Serena at Wimbledon with her career-threatening ab strain).
Come on now, people. Give the girl her props. She's given the tour some of the most thrilling matches ever, because she refused to say die.

Davenport and Hingis beat her numerous times in straight sets. Sharapova two times also within a year, she even lost to Golovin, Sprem, and Molik in 2 sets and didn't fight against Clijsters @ the US Open or against Karatancheva @ the FO. Even let herself be bageled by Pironkova. Lately with the exception of Wimbledon she hasn't been a great fighter when being down in a match.

santhuruu
May 4th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I think the three best fighters of the tour are simply the Williams sisters and Henin-Hardenne. Dementieva is also a good fighter too in my opinion, for example WTA Amelia Island 2003 final, Usopen 2004 quarter and semifinal, Usopen 2005 quarterfinal and also the third round I think against Chakvetadze and probably many more

SJW
May 4th, 2006, 07:28 PM
How many ocassions has Venus lost any match in two sets
5 times last year, actually.

winone23
May 4th, 2006, 07:29 PM
I certainly don't want to take anything away from Venus. She fought hard to win. But 80 UE's in a tennis match is just retarded.

-27 in winners to unforced errors was obviously not a quality match. Both players streaked, which is a common symptom of not being match tough.

I think playing each other at the US Open after having matches under their belts will be a better indicator of where both players are.

venus also hit 53 winners. which is good for a rusty player.

SJW
May 4th, 2006, 07:29 PM

That's right. Pick on Serena when a Venus fan talks about Henin. Logical.

eugreene2
May 4th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Yea, Venus has been having more weird losses since the ab injury. She lost to Golovin, Karantecheva, Sharapova twice, Clijsters and Pironkova. But if you really look at it, the ones that really stand out are Pironokova & Karantcheva in a slam. Clijsters is a top 5 player so no matter how much she fights, she's not gonna win all of those. I believe she was getting used to Sharapova & on the biggest stage, she creamed her.

That's why her dad once said, "when Venus is motivated, no one can beat her." She was determined to win today. I don't care what she says, she didn't take the Pironkova & Karantancheva matches serious enough and against Clijsters, she was dead tired due to a stupid summer schedule. Who cares about the Golovin match. lol

Geisha
May 4th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Can you rate a player on fight?

If we're going by matches, Venus has to be there. '03 Wimbledon final, '00 US Open semifinal, '05 Wimbledon final, '04 US Open R16, etc. Serena is also a huge fighter, as well; '00 Los Angeles final, '04 WTA Championships final, '05 Australian Open semifinal, '03 Australian Open semifinals.

But, I think a lot of players fight really hard, but fight doesn't always cut it. I mean, I remember watching Jie Zheng or another Chinese player play Davenport at the US Open last year, and she was fighting really hard, but she wasn't as good as Lindsay.

All in all, there are many amazing fighters on Tour, with Venus, Serena, Seles, Sharapova, and Capriati among them, but can you really rate fight?

Wannabeknowitall
May 4th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I don't care what she says, she didn't take the Pironkova & Karantancheva matches serious enough and against Clijsters, she was dead tired due to a stupid summer schedule. lol

What stupid summer schedule?
In the end Venus played Wimbledon, FED CUP, and Stanford.
She was suppose to play Stockholm but didn't.
I don't see why Venus would have been dead tired against Kim.
I think Kim played 4 weeks in a row that summer (Stanford, San Diego, LA, Toronto).
What was Kim's excuse for not being dead tired due to a "stupid schedule"?
I'm really starting to get tired of every excuse the Venus fans have to offer about her losses.
Sure she might have been emotionally drained at Stanford but I don't see how that was possible at the US Open.

eugreene2
May 4th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Let me make excuses for Venus. I do it well. LOL

As far as rating FIGHT? Of course, you can. At least, I'm good at it because I see things better than everyone else. LOL

I'm just having fun guys. That's what it comes down to in these boards anyway. AND hoping your fav player(s) win enough slams so you can have some bragging rights & dog out other peoples fav. :)

vwfan
May 4th, 2006, 07:53 PM
What stupid summer schedule?
In the end Venus played Wimbledon, FED CUP, and Stanford.
She was suppose to play Stockholm but didn't.
I don't see why Venus would have been dead tired against Kim.
I think Kim played 4 weeks in a row that summer (Stanford, San Diego, LA, Toronto).
What was Kim's excuse for not being dead tired due to a "stupid schedule"?
I'm really starting to get tired of every excuse the Venus fans have to offer about her losses.
Sure she might have been emotionally drained at Stanford but I don't see how that was possible at the US Open.so then, get up out of a thread about her! :tape: seems simple enough to me, but i'll repeat it: then get up out of a thread about her! :lol:

vwfan
May 4th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Davenport and Hingis beat her numerous times in straight sets. Sharapova two times also within a year, she even lost to Golovin, Sprem, and Molik in 2 sets and didn't fight against Clijsters @ the US Open or against Karatancheva @ the FO. Even let herself be bageled by Pironkova. Lately with the exception of Wimbledon she hasn't been a great fighter when being down in a match.Davenport and Hingis beat Venus a lot in her early days on tour, you're right. My point, however, that Venus getting beaten by anyone consistently in straight sets is the exception and far from the rule. Sprem beat her at Wimbledon after being gratutiously awarded a point and and two hard fought sets; Venus spanked her the next time they met. Molik was on at the Australian Open, but even that was a hard fought two setter. She didn't fight against Clisters at the Open agreed. Exception! and both Prionkova and Karatancheva matches went to three sets. She played horribly in both, but she still fought and made both have to work hard to beat even though she gifted a ton of errors to them. Wimbledon, I agree, was incredible fight from Venus and today was too.

RJWCapriati
May 4th, 2006, 08:02 PM
I think Venus is the biggest fighter on tour currently.

1. V. Williams
2. J. Henin
3. E. Dementieva
4. M. Pierce
5. S. Williams

All time best fighters would be Capriati and Seles in my book! :)

MrSerenaWilliams
May 4th, 2006, 08:30 PM
....and you don't seem to be fighting to keep your MOUTH CLOSED!'
Let Serena heal so she can come back and be a real player not just a shadow of her former self. I wish you would get off of her back and worry about your own favorite's problems. I just hope, for Justine's sake, that she doesn't take any anti-imflammatory medication before the French Open. Because WHEN Venus beats her in the Final, I don't want her to have to retire because of stomach cramps!

Wannabeknowitall
May 4th, 2006, 08:31 PM
so then, get up out of a thread about her! :tape: seems simple enough to me, but i'll repeat it: then get up out of a thread about her! :lol:

It's not about that.
The point is everytime Venus losses there's an excuse.
There are no other players talked about on this board where that consistently happens.
For some odd reason, there's always an excuse with Venus.
The sheer mentioning of her being outplayed in a match seems to cause an uproar.
It would be different if I came into her fan forum or blog and actually had an realistic opinion.
Since I don't and never will, I think it's silly of you to think I should leave a general thread where open minded opinions are appreciated.

I came into this thread with one truth and one truth alone, Venus herself doesn't consider herself to be the biggest fighter on tour and said so last year as a Glamour Magazine honoree.

squash
May 4th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Venus was amazing today!!! she was fighting, and Venus was in so much pain...

No Name Face
May 4th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Venus is a big fighter, but she's not as mentally tough as Serena, Dementieva, and Henin. And for those who doubt Dementieva, she out mentally-toughed queen Justine this year, coming back from 2-6, 2-5 to win in Indian Wells. :bowdown:

Pureracket
May 4th, 2006, 08:38 PM
It's not about that.
The point is everytime Venus losses there's an excuse.
There are no other players talked about on this board where that consistently happens.
For some odd reason, there's always an excuse with Venus.
The sheer mentioning of her being outplayed in a match seems to cause an uproar.
It would be different if I came into her fan forum or blog and actually had an realistic opinion.
Since I don't and never will, I think it's silly of you to think I should leave a general thread where open minded opinions are appreciated.

I came into this thread with one truth and one truth alone, Venus herself doesn't consider herself to be the biggest fighter on tour and said so last year as a Glamour Magazine honoree.It always makes me laugh :lol: to hear "rational" posters make statements about the "excuse" situation when you obviously don't know the facts. Venus could be visibly limping or being rolled around in a wheelchair, and your lot would use the "she was outplayed" bit in order to justify your own "rationale."

Please know the history of the players' injuries before you continue to tow the line with the other "rationale" posters.

Knizzle
May 4th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Venus is a big fighter, but she's not as mentally tough as Serena, Dementieva, and Henin. And for those who doubt Dementieva, she out mentally-toughed queen Justine this year, coming back from 2-6, 2-5 to win in Indian Wells. :bowdown:

I know you'll just think this is me hating, but Dementieva??? Please. :lol:

eugreene2
May 4th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Yea, when people are frustrated & have no comeback they always ask people to leave the thread. That makes me laugh. It's the World Wide Web people. LOL

About excuses for Venus, I'll say this. In every single match she plays, it's ALWAYS up to her. I know some will disagree. But if she's on & her oppnents are on, Venus will win everytime because she not only has the shots but she covers more court than ABSOLUTELY everyone. You can not debate this. So to a certain degree, all of her opponents have to hope she's off her game.

Pureracket
May 4th, 2006, 08:43 PM
say it a little louder please.
i don't think they hear you.
after only one match...i wonder what will happen if she wins the whole thing.:scared:I tell you what would happen. . .I would get the "U" and "S" tattooed on my arm. I already have "VEN".

No Name Face
May 4th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I know you'll just think this is me hating, but Dementieva??? Please. :lol:

you are a hater. with her serve, dementieva shouldn't be top 20. her groundies are spectacular but with the exception of her forehand, they're not even the best. and not just anyone does with dementieva did to justine. the problem is, she tires herself out and that's why she can't win them finals. but she's a huge fighter. you'd be blind if you thought otherwise.

Wannabeknowitall
May 4th, 2006, 08:45 PM
It always makes me laugh :lol: to hear "rational" posters make statements about the "excuse" situation when you obviously don't know the facts. Venus could be visibly limping or being rolled around in a wheelchair, and your lot would use the "she was outplayed" bit in order to justify your own "rationale."

Please know the history of the players' injuries before you continue to tow the line with the other "rationale" posters.

When you've had as many injuries as Venus has had in her career it's hard to keep up.
Venus could be visibly limping or being rolled around in a wheelchair and I would say she was injured.
When she isn't though and there are still excuses I'm going to say something.
Obviously "your lot" doesn't like the almighty Venus to be questioned.

No Name Face
May 4th, 2006, 08:45 PM
I tell you what would happen. . .I would get the "U" and "S" tattooed on my arm. I already have "VEN".

DIES. :haha: :haha:

Knizzle
May 4th, 2006, 08:47 PM
you are a hater.
right. :lol: with her serve, dementieva shouldn't be top 20. her groundies are spectacular but with the exception of her forehand, they're not even the best. and not just anyone does with dementieva did to justine. the problem is, she tires herself out and that's why she can't win them finals. but she's a huge fighter. you'd be blind if you thought otherwise.

She fights sometimes for sure, but being mentally stronger than Venus? no sir.

Pureracket
May 4th, 2006, 08:49 PM
When you've had as many injuries as Venus has had in her career it's hard to keep up.
Maybe you should've thought about this before making unsubstantiated remarks. You're right. . .you haven't kept up.

vwfan
May 4th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Since I don't and never will, I think it's silly of you to think I should leave a general thread where open minded opinions are appreciated. My point is that if you are so tired of hearing "excuses" about Venus, then you probably should avoid threads about her, since as you say it's pretty consistent that excuses will be made about her play. Now that's what I call silly! :banghead: Just steer clear and save your head the trauma.

Lulu.
May 4th, 2006, 08:56 PM
The biggest fighter....behind Serena ;)

Pureracket
May 4th, 2006, 08:56 PM
hahahahah....erm..........:unsure:

*steps slowly away from Pureracket*

:scared:
*steps closer to miching~mallecho*;)

Wannabeknowitall
May 4th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Maybe you should've thought about this before making unsubstantiated remarks. You're right. . .you haven't kept up.

I said that it's hard to keep up with all the injuries Venus' has had in her career.
It's easy to keep up when she's played 4 WTA tour matches in 8 count them 8 months.
Anything else?

Summer Snow
May 4th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Venus is definitely one of the best fighters on tour, and arguably the best. I think what overshadows her matches is that when she's losing, she is normally losing to players outside of the top 20. :o It's like she tanks the matches! :rolleyes:

perseus2006
May 4th, 2006, 09:03 PM
I just can't buy into the spin. When Pova hits that many UFE's, you call her a mindless ball basher but Venus is called a brilliant fighter?!? When other players like JHH take a strategic time out, you call them cheaters but Venus takes THREE (3) time outs for cramps (lack of fitness) and nobody wants to even look at that, don't mention it, ignore it, hope it will go away!?! According to the rules she should have defaulted the match.

Not a good way for Venus to start a comeback, she is shamed by flagrant abuse of the rules. Hingis just humiliated herself on the court with inept, fatuous play. But what can be expected in second round play of a Tier II?

Wannabeknowitall
May 4th, 2006, 09:08 PM
My point is that if you are so tired of hearing "excuses" about Venus, then you probably should avoid threads about her, since as you say it's pretty consistent that excuses will be made about her play. Now that's what I call silly! :banghead: Just steer clear and save your head the trauma.

Riight. I'm starting to think that some of the Venus fans should work for the Republican party.
If she's talked about in other threads, then that's just not the time to talk about Venus.
If you come to a thread about Venus then that's not the time to have a realistic comment about Venus.
It really is like the Bush administration in regards to 9/11, Iraqi war, conservation, health care.
Maybe Bush didn't even have to go to Fox News for a press secretary, he could have just come to the board.
Yall seem just as good as spinning things, sadly it just doesn't seem like many people are buying it.

fifiricci
May 4th, 2006, 09:11 PM
:lol: at this thread. Sooooooo typical of WTAworld, I do believe I'm starting to tire of this place, its like listening to a cracked record.

By all accounts it was a great hanging in there performance from Venus today, but let's not turn her into the saint of endurance because of it?

Craigy
May 4th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Venus best fighter :spit:

vwfan
May 4th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Riight. I'm starting to think that some of the Venus fans should work for the Republican party.
If she's talked about in other threads, then that's just not the time to talk about Venus.
If you come to a thread about Venus then that's not the time to have a realistic comment about Venus.
It really is like the Bush administration in regards to 9/11, Iraqi war, conservation, health care.
Maybe Bush didn't even have to go to Fox News for a press secretary, he could have just come to the board. :rolleyes: good way not to address the point. if you are tired of hearing excuses about Venus' play, avoid Venus threads! if you are in another thread and don't want to talk about Venus' play and hear excuses, don't bring it up! if others do, ignore them!

Pureracket
May 4th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I just can't buy into the spin. When Pova hits that many UFE's, you call her a mindless ball basher but Venus is called a brilliant fighter?!? When other players like JHH take a strategic time out, you call them cheaters but Venus takes THREE (3) time outs for cramps (lack of fitness) and nobody wants to even look at that, don't mention it, ignore it, hope it will go away!?! According to the rules she should have defaulted the match.

Not a good way for Venus to start a comeback, she is shamed by flagrant abuse of the rules. Hingis just humiliated herself on the court with inept, fatuous play. But what can be expected in second round play of a Tier II?Why, oh why do you all think you can get away with lies today?!:lol:

I don't think you will find a single Venus fan who'd say anything about anybody else's unforced errors. We know that they are a part of the game. LOL!!!!!

Also, where have you seen the Vee fans calling JHH a cheater for timeouts? She took them against LD and others. Why would you think Venus' fans have problems with them? LOL!!!!!

Does being an hater guarantee that one has to lie as well.

Summer Snow
May 4th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Venus best fighter :spit:
Who's better!? :rolleyes: Venus has saved more match points than Serena! :kiss:

Wannabeknowitall
May 4th, 2006, 09:21 PM

Again Venus doesn't consider herself the biggest fighter on tour.
She has given that designation to Serena.
She found inspiration time and time again from Serena's play when she appeared down and out of a match.
If she doesn't believe it then why should you?

Pureracket
May 4th, 2006, 09:24 PM
She found inspiration time and time again from Serena's play when she was down and out.
If she doesn't believe it then why should you?So. . .umm. . .if we all agreed with you and endorsed the sisterly compliment that she gave to Serena, would you be satisfied? After you are satisfied that you've made your point in this thread, what would you do?

(Just asking).

Mother_Marjorie
May 4th, 2006, 09:37 PM
That's right. Pick on Serena when a Venus fan talks about Henin. Logical.

Well, the individual didn't really need to mention Justine in relation to Venus' fighting ability. Venus' fighting ability should stand on its own merit without attempting drag Justine down in the process.

I've never actually "picked on" Serena, but you'll be first to know when that happends.

Mother_Marjorie
May 4th, 2006, 09:42 PM
....and you don't seem to be fighting to keep your MOUTH CLOSED!'

Yeah, I want to see you shut it for me.

Let Serena heal so she can come back and be a real player not just a shadow of her former self. I wish you would get off of her back and worry about your own favorite's problems. I just hope, for Justine's sake, that she doesn't take any anti-imflammatory medication before the French Open. Because WHEN Venus beats her in the Final, I don't want her to have to retire because of stomach cramps!

Keep Justine out of the ridiculous bullshit threads and I'll have nothing more to say.

Anyone that faults Henin's fighting ability, yet hoists Serena on a pedastal in May of 2006 is just ridiculous to me. And I have every right to question that in a discussion forum.

Summer Snow
May 4th, 2006, 09:44 PM
She found inspiration time and time again from Serena's play when she appeared down and out of a match.
If she doesn't believe it then why should you?
Bceuase I believe in her. I do think that Venus and Serena are the biggest fighters on tour, and I actually do give the edge to Serena as a bigger fighter than Venus when she is healthy. Justine Henin is right behind.

Honorable mention goes to:
Dementieva
Myskina :kiss:

Summer Snow
May 4th, 2006, 09:45 PM

Keep Justine out of the ridiculous bullshit threads and I'll have nothing more to say.

Anyone that faults Henin's fighting ability, yet hoists Serena on a pedastal in May of 2006 is just ridiculous to me. And I have every right to question that in a discussion forum.
Giiiiiiirl! Why you keep fighting with these peoples?! :o You have to learn to ignore. :drool:

Wannabeknowitall
May 4th, 2006, 09:45 PM
So. . .umm. . .if we all agreed with you and endorsed the sisterly compliment that she gave to Serena, would you be satisfied? After you are satisfied that you've made your point in this thread, what would you do?

(Just asking).

You don't have to agree with me. :lol:
Supposedly a lot of people saw the video of Venus as a Glamour honoree.
It just makes me wonder if they were really listening to one of their favorites as the thread appeared to show.
That's all I'm saying.

I still think the excuses have to stop.
I can understand the mentioning to Sesil, Pironkova, Sprem as excuses.
When you start to have excuses for losing to the top players every time, then I think that's really disrespectful to the other player and to the fans of that player.
In the case of Kim Clijsters, many people would say she is as entertaining and as good of an athlete as Venus.
Why can't the possibility of Venus being outplayed by Kim happen then?

Pureracket
May 4th, 2006, 09:50 PM
You don't have to agree with me. :lol:
Supposedly a lot of people saw the video of Venus as a Glamour honoree.
It just makes me wonder if they were really listening to one of their favorites as the thread appeared to show.
That's all I'm saying.

I still think the excuses have to stop.
I can understand the mentioning to Sesil, Pironkova, Sprem as excuses.
When you start to have excuses for losing to the top players every time, then I think that's really disrespectful to the other player and to the fans of that player.
In the case of Kim Clijsters, many people would say she is as entertaining and as good of an athlete as Venus.
Why can't the possibility of Venus being outplayed by Kim happen then?Did you see the match against Kim? Really? Did you see it? No? Didn't think so.

By the end of the match, Kimmie only had to hit the ball across the net in order to win points. Because you obviously didn't know, I'll fill you in, Venus had been injured up to the point of the US Open and had only been able to practise a few days prior to that. She was winded in her matches, and it was obvious. No, she wasn't injured, but she wasn't in the best shape.

In tip-top condition, Kimmie could probably still beat her, but you seem to be hellbent on us totally disregarding unmitigating circumstances involving our own favs. No other fanbase has to deal with the likes of you questioning the total fanaticism towards their favs.

Dawn Marie
May 4th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Best fighters

(1)Venus way too many matches to choose from.

(2) Serena. So she is out with injury you can't take away her comeback wins.

(3) Jennifer. Same as above

(4) Seles. Same as above. She is not officially retired yet.

(5) Justine Henin. Even though she quit in 06. She is still a fighter but her stock is falling.

(6) Hingis. She never gives up and plays tough. She has moxy. YOU HAVE TO BEAT her to win.

THESE ARE THE WTA's TOUR TOP FIGHTERS!!

Mother_Marjorie
May 4th, 2006, 09:52 PM
and best clay courter...according to some people. :o :tape:

I think people tend to forget the great clay season Venus had before losing to eventual champion, Myskina in the quarters 2004. She has the ability to play well on clay but just hasn't put it together to win RG yet.

Mother_Marjorie
May 4th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Giiiiiiirl! Why you keep fighting with these peoples?! :o You have to learn to ignore. :drool:

I know John. Point well-taken. :cool:

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2006, 09:54 PM

Serena
Venus
Justine
Sharapova

101 post?:confused: :rolleyes: ....Stay out of my List BIATCH!!!!!!!!!:fiery: ......;)

You need to go and Look at matches with Rubin, Dementieva, and Frazier! Golovin, i put her there as my future Fighter!! It's MY MUTHAFRRUKKIN LIST:angel:.

Make your list. 101post. BROKEBACK BIATCH!:wavey:

Wannabeknowitall
May 4th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Did you see the match against Kim? Really? Did you see it? No? Didn't think so.

By the end of the match, Kimmie only had to hit the ball across the net in order to win points. Because you obviously didn't know, I'll fill you in, Venus had been injured up to the point of the US Open and had only been able to practise a few days prior to that. She was winded in her matches, and it was obvious. No, she wasn't injured, but she wasn't in the best shape.

In tip-top condition, Kimmie could probably still beat her, but you seem to be hellbent on us totally disregarding unmitigating circumstances involving our own favs. No other fanbase has to deal with the likes of you questioning the total fanaticism towards their favs.

No fanbase has to deal with the likes of me questioning their total fanaticism because they don't make physical or emotional excuses every time their player losses.
Noone mentioned Justine to be injured when she lost to Patty Schynder at Charleston.
I don't recall any excuses about Dementieva when she lost to Sharapova at Indian Wells.

I did watch that match and Venus was not too far from winning in two sets.
Again no credit is given to Kim.
She hung in that match and ran Venus ragged, the same thing she did 2 months before the US Open with Venus at Stanford.
I would say it worked pretty well.

PatrickRyan
May 4th, 2006, 10:10 PM
1-Serena
2-Venus

Infiniti2001
May 4th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Oh screw all the naysayers. Had Martina beaten Venus today, we would all hear how she's finished etc :rolleyes:

Dana Marcy
May 4th, 2006, 10:13 PM

:yeah: Good call! Not that I'm not happy about Venus's comeback but I know she's not the only fighter on the tour.

MH0861
May 4th, 2006, 10:14 PM

Serena
Venus
Justine
Sharapova

To be fair, Chanda has been responsible for some of the most sensational comebacks on tour - what was it, 5-0 40-0 in the final set at the French against #5 Novotna? Dementieva continues to amaze me with her fight sometimes - three times at the US Open (against top 5 players Mauresmo, Capriati and Davenport), and just recently against Henin-Hardenne at Indian Wells.

Stamp Paid
May 4th, 2006, 10:40 PM

ROTFLMBAO!

No Name Face
May 4th, 2006, 10:41 PM
ROTFLMBAO!

shut up j. dementieva is mentally tough. :ras:

LegionArgentina
May 4th, 2006, 10:44 PM
The most fighter is Paola Suarez
In second place Serena Williams
Third place Venus Williams

Other are: Justine Henin and Maria Sharapova

vwfan
May 4th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Did you see the match against Kim? Really? Did you see it? No? Didn't think so.

In tip-top condition, Kimmie could probably still beat her, but you seem to be hellbent on us totally disregarding unmitigating circumstances involving our own favs. No other fanbase has to deal with the likes of you questioning the total fanaticism towards their favs.In fact, she was recovering from the flu and couldn't practice. Totally explains why she lost her wind in the middle of the second set.

Stamp Paid
May 4th, 2006, 10:47 PM

Serena fought off 5 match points against her opponent in her last loss on tour.
So, yeah. Pedastal still.

Stamp Paid
May 4th, 2006, 10:53 PM
The most fighter is Paola Suarez
In second place Serena Williams
Third place Venus Williams

Other are: Justine Henin and Maria Sharapova

*dead**dead**dead* XD

Summer Snow
May 4th, 2006, 10:58 PM
*dead**dead**dead* XD
;) :p

Stamp Paid
May 4th, 2006, 10:58 PM
shut up j. dementieva is mentally tough. :ras:

LOL she is not mentally tough, but she is a fighter. Not an elite fighter, but a fighter of the Capriati league - scrappy when shes down, but put a match that will really mean something in her hands, and shell lose it. :sad:

LegionArgentina
May 4th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Dementieva fighter ?? jajaja

LegionArgentina
May 4th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Another big fighter is Mariana Diaz Oliva ˇ

Craigy
May 5th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Just because you save more match points doesnt mean you are a better fighter :retard: Some of you Venus fans are so up your own ass its unbelieveable. Because she wins 1 big match she's the best player ever :rolleyes:

Pureracket
May 5th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Just because you save more match points doesnt mean you are a better fighter :retard: Some of you Venus fans are so up your own ass its unbelieveable. Because she wins 1 big match she's the best player ever :rolleyes:Well, I wouldn't mind being up the asses of some Venus fans:drool:, but I don't think that was really your main point was it?