PDA

View Full Version : If anybody watched Venus-Martina match...

tenn_ace
May 4th, 2006, 02:06 PM
could you tell us on how players greeted each other, how they shook hands at the end and whether they said anything in the post match interview...

Thanks!

PS. Congrats to Venus. Sounded like a very gutsy performance.

Martina - better luck next time

AsGoodAsNew
May 4th, 2006, 02:09 PM
could you tell us on how players greeted each other, how they shook hands at the end and whether they said anything in the post match interview...

Thanks!

PS. Congrats to Venus. Sounded like a very gutsy performance.

Martina - better luck next time
I'm itching to know as well given I couldn't see it. 2 Tigresses meet again!

kaki
May 4th, 2006, 02:12 PM
They didn't say anything to each other.Vee was very joyfull in the sense of relieved but Martine was in a hurry to leave the court.I was very sorry for her

kaki
May 4th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Martina( and not martine) sorry for the mistake

tenn_ace
May 4th, 2006, 02:14 PM
a little bit dissapointing... I hoped they'd become the best friends ;)

akosijepoy
May 4th, 2006, 02:15 PM
yeah there's this part of me who wish they could be best friends also. Before I would dream about Vee and Martina playing doubles together. That would be awesome if that happens! :)

gsm
May 4th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Martina was in a hurry to leave the court.
thats a shame :sad:

though understandable i guess as i have heard that the match was in martina's grasp many times.

Dawn Marie
May 4th, 2006, 02:20 PM
What about before the match started? Was there any smiles at one another? Or was it ALL business from the jump? :-)

Was the handshake a quick one or did Venus say anything at all to Hingis after the long match??

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2006, 02:22 PM
What about before the match started? Was there any smiles at one another? Or was it ALL business from the jump? :-)

Was the handshake a quick one or did Venus say anything at all to Hingis after the long match??

I am sure they caught up on the grounds before the match and in the locker rooms. As venus said on Wednesday..."It will be like OLD TIMES!" and it was.

kaki
May 4th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I didn't see their enter into court.But Vee really aknowledged the crowd.I think Vee could end the match because of the crowd as well,people were very supportive seeing in pain but willing to finish the match,they really applauded her

tenn_ace
May 4th, 2006, 02:26 PM
so the crowd was pro-Venus? interesting...

MLF
May 4th, 2006, 02:35 PM
The crowd were supportive of both players, but were more vocal for Venus towards the end as they appreciated her staying out there.

The handshake was pretty quick, just a nod of the head and they were gone! With Venus serving at 46 45 0-30 I thought we were almost going to have a repeat of Hingis in the final at RG '99 ( sorry to bring that match up again Hingis fans ;) )

Viktymise
May 4th, 2006, 02:37 PM
go vee

DelMonte
May 4th, 2006, 02:42 PM
The crowd were supportive of both players, but were more vocal for Venus towards the end as they appreciated her staying out there.

The handshake was pretty quick, just a nod of the head and they were gone! )

Agreed. I think I saw/heard Martina say "good match" or something like that. Basically the usual nicities at the net.

Martina looked pretty disappointed (which is natural in the circumstances) and I am not surprised she wanted to walk off quickly. I am sure she is very annoyed that she did not win.