PDA

View Full Version : Dmitry Tursunov's comments on the WTA and it's fans

The_Pov
May 4th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Then there is a problem with copycats from WTA. They steal all of our great ideas! Fist-Pumping, Grunting, Blogging, Sleeveless Shirts… They steal everything good ATP came up with. I’m surprised they haven’t stolen Feliciano… Ok, ok! That was uncalled for! But c’mon! Blogging was our idea to promote ATP. Women don’t need that. They have enough fans as it is. They have so much attention and promotion that their fans don’t even play tennis! They don’t know the names, they don’t know the rules, they don’t even care who wins! Hell, they are so consumed cheering for their player they sometimes forget to even watch the ball! That’s what blogging was supposed to do to men’s tennis. Get us more fans. And then cunning Bryanne Stewart tries to steal our glory. And what’s this stuff about me flirting with the driver? Never saw any of this. It must have looked like that from the third row, but you can’t assume things!

Ha, I think I love him! :hearts:

yukon145
May 4th, 2006, 01:12 PM
his blog on atptennis.com is great, i was a fan before and now more so. he really should do it all the time, he gives great insight on the mens tour.

The_Pov
May 4th, 2006, 01:14 PM
his blog on atptennis.com is great, i was a fan before and now more so. he really should do it all the time, he gives great insight on the mens tour.

Yes, they should make him do it all the time.

lilimi
May 4th, 2006, 01:15 PM
yes!dmitry he a good wrighter, i love his sense of humour!he shoul have his blog for all the season!

SloKid
May 4th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Out of all the blogs they had on ATP's site, this one is by far the best. Dima has a great sense of humour and I love reading a new entry every morning :lol:

mamno_MARYFAN
May 4th, 2006, 01:28 PM
He's cool...and also super-gorgeous as well!!!:worship:

borisy
May 4th, 2006, 01:31 PM
He's extremely sexy and funny.

Belmont Lad
May 4th, 2006, 01:51 PM
The blog is the by far the best one so far this year on the ATP tour site. Dmitry is a freaking riot! :lol: The inclusion of the wta players is also a bonus as Estoril is co-ed :)

bellascarlett
May 4th, 2006, 01:52 PM
He also said a player named Katerina has been chasing Marat for 3 days! :haha: :haha:

I was going to talk about a certain female player named Katerina, who has been chasing Marat for the third day now. “Coincidentally” bumping into him, eating when he is eating, lounging in a chair in front of the locker room right after his match and changing practice court from #8 to the one next to his. All of this has been extremely hilarious to watch

It should be Bohmova right? hahaha...:lol:

Tennisballova
May 4th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah, he's funny! I hope he gets to do some more blogging in the future.

georgekuo1017
May 4th, 2006, 02:06 PM
i like him very much

Rocketta
May 4th, 2006, 02:20 PM
hey have enough fans as it is. They have so much attention and promotion that their fans don’t even play tennis! They don’t know the names, they don’t know the rules, they don’t even care who wins!

omg, soooo true and funny! :lol:

wateva
May 4th, 2006, 02:29 PM
check out his pic!

http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/images/tursunov.jpg

hilarious stuff!

tennisrox
May 4th, 2006, 02:30 PM
His blog is hilarious. He should quit playing, and make a career out of spying on the players, and blogging.

The_Pov
May 4th, 2006, 02:32 PM
His blog is hilarious. He should quit playing, and make a career out of spying on the players, and blogging.

His blog is the best...although he can't quit, I'm going to kindnapp him when he comes for Wimbledon:devil:

darrinbaker00
May 4th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Judging from his ranking, Tursonov has enough spare time to write a novel. :tape:

The_Pov
May 4th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Judging from his ranking, Tursonov has enough spare time to write a novel. :tape:

Hi ranking isn't that bad he's just outside the top 30 and is the 5th seed at Estoril.

His career has be plagued with injury and so he's only just really started to make a push for the top...like Kirilenko.

mike/topgun
May 4th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I like his game (while it's kind of similar to Marats).
He has a sense of humor that some of the top players don't have, or don't want to show - f.e. Roger. Although he is refering to his own everyday activities on tour he's reporting some news from the atp/wta circuit as well. He's crazy no matter if he's on-court or off-court. Tursunov and Ljubicic are my favourite atp bloggers by far.
I think that Dmitry and Marat do a ridiculous doubles team:p of course Safin is the star

The_Pov
May 4th, 2006, 03:39 PM
OH he got knocked out :sad:

Oh well he still got the doubles!

xin_hui
May 4th, 2006, 03:40 PM
his blog is freaking hilarious:rolls:

wateva
May 4th, 2006, 03:42 PM
OH he got knocked out :sad:

Oh well he still got the doubles!
if u read his blog, u can sense his disgustment with clay. :haha:

yukon145
May 4th, 2006, 03:56 PM
must write something about WTA before this thread gets closed. ah, ah, he wrote about women today and he supported the russian fed cup team.

xin_hui
May 4th, 2006, 04:00 PM
must write something about WTA before this thread gets closed. ah, ah, he wrote about women today and he supported the russian fed cup team.

u mean the bryanne stewart part? that was funny :lol:

CooCooCachoo
May 4th, 2006, 04:16 PM
:rolls:

I know. The blog is pure brilliance.

I also liked Jürgen Melzer's blog last week in Casablanca :)

The_Pov
May 4th, 2006, 04:17 PM
The Wta needs someone with that much charisma, for their blog.

xin_hui
May 4th, 2006, 04:26 PM
The Wta needs someone with that much charisma, for their blog.

franny ;) but dmitri's one is good partly because he speaks/writes excellent english. funny a person might be, they still good english to get their points through (unless the player writes in her native language, but how many will understand?)

SelesFan70
May 4th, 2006, 04:28 PM
The WTA Tour has a blog site? :confused:

-sugi-
May 4th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Didn't last year, Patty Schnyder do a Diary in Berlin :confused: and Dechy did one from America? They weren't regular things though.

darrinbaker00
May 4th, 2006, 04:31 PM
I like his game (while it's kind of similar to Marats).
His tennis game or his pimp game? ;)

cindy
May 4th, 2006, 04:34 PM
dima....always sooooooooooooooooooooooo nice! love him!

griffin
May 4th, 2006, 04:35 PM
The WTA Tour has a blog site? :confused:

What - you don't pour over their website on a regular basis? :lol:

The_Pov
May 4th, 2006, 04:39 PM
franny ;) but dmitri's one is good partly because he speaks/writes excellent english. funny a person might be, they still good english to get their points through (unless the player writes in her native language, but how many will understand?)

That's so true, it is difficult for the players who weren't brought up with English as their first language. Dmirty came to the US at a young age like Sharapova(and I think is in the process of applying for US citizenship.)

The WTA would need someone like that or someone who was brought up speaking English.

Haute
May 4th, 2006, 04:40 PM
I’m surprised they haven’t stolen Feliciano…

:haha:

borisy
May 4th, 2006, 04:47 PM
He didn't even try in the 3rd set of his match. I hope the girls don't steal that kind of attitude :)

The_Pov
May 4th, 2006, 04:48 PM
He didn't even try in the 3rd set of his match. I hope the girls don't steal that kind of attitude :)

He didn't want to make Marat jelous.

bellascarlett
May 4th, 2006, 04:59 PM
they are about to be on now...hope they keep dmitry as a permanent or semi-permanent blogger... :D

bellascarlett
May 4th, 2006, 05:01 PM
see i dont know much abt feliciano...is it because of his metrosexual tendencies? lol....

xin_hui
May 4th, 2006, 05:05 PM
see i dont know much abt feliciano...is it because of his metrosexual tendencies? lol....

let's just put it this way: he's a pretty boy ;)

Wannabeknowitall
May 4th, 2006, 05:09 PM

I guess you can call it that.
Dude is looking more like Jennifer Lopez instead of Feliciano Lopez.
I remember watching him wear a jockstrap with his Nadal-esque capris against James Blake at New Haven.
Then this year Ms. Lopez had on some red underwear under his shorts that we shall say didn't look very athletic. :tape:
He's just the Johnny Weir of the ATP tour.

bellascarlett
May 4th, 2006, 05:19 PM
I guess you can call it that.
Dude is looking more like Jennifer Lopez instead of Feliciano Lopez.
I remember watching him wear a jockstrap with his Nadal-esque capris against James Blake at New Haven.
Then this year Ms. Lopez had on some red underwear under his shorts that we shall say didn't look very athletic. :tape:
He's just the Johnny Weir of the ATP tour.

:haha: :haha: omg...but umm....he's not exactly like weir though right? haha...

korben
May 4th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Didn't last year, Patty Schnyder do a Diary in Berlin :confused: and Dechy did one from America? They weren't regular things though.

Yep. Tursunov is wrong. WTA did it first :)
Good read tho. First time this year I visited ATPs site :tape:

xin_hui
May 4th, 2006, 05:23 PM
:haha: :haha: omg...but umm....he's not exactly like weir though right? haha...

if u mean the gay part, no. f lo is 100% not gay, just look at his girlfriends

kosmikgroove
May 4th, 2006, 05:25 PM
spot on tursunov!

would love for him to break down some of the posters on this board!

bellascarlett
May 4th, 2006, 05:53 PM
if u mean the gay part, no. f lo is 100% not gay, just look at his girlfriends
well i havent seen his gfs but oh ok...;)

clonesheep
May 4th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Tursunov wrote that he played pool with Elena Vesnina. I'd love to play pool with Vesnina :)

The_Pov
May 4th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Tursunov wrote that he played pool with Elena Vesnina. I'd love to play pool with Vesnina :)

I would love to play pool with Tursunov...does anyone know if he's single?

Slumpsova
May 4th, 2006, 06:35 PM
gosh i went to read his blog and found it was fucking hilarious :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
everyone should go there. best diary since Anne Frank's :yeah:

The_Pov
May 4th, 2006, 07:20 PM
He won his doubles match (against the top seeds) so that means we get more of the blog.

SloKid
May 4th, 2006, 07:27 PM
He won his doubles match (against the top seeds) so that means we get more of the blog.
Too bad he lost his singles match though :(

xin_hui
May 5th, 2006, 04:40 AM
hilarious photo of the war of blogs between dmitry and bryanne:

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/7476/10xh1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:rolls: :haha:

xin_hui
May 5th, 2006, 04:48 AM
his latest blog has a lot on the women :lol: :

I would like to summarize my entire singles match into one sentence, “Clay is for girls!” I have important things on the agenda, like the “Blogging War” with Bryanne and “Cold War” with Katerina so I can’t be losing sleep over some loss. While Bryanne’s weaponry is her laptop and a squad of writers, Katerina is not so fortunate so I feel like I owe her an apology. Really, the only reason why wrote that is that I was extremely jealous that she picked Marat and not me. She should know that! Besides, it’s not like I said anything bad… I think people should be able to laugh at themselves. In any case, Katerina, I’m sorry! Let’s be friends!!! We can practice on adjacent courts anytime!
Now, let’s get to Bryanne. It’s not fair! She gets the whole day to do her blog and I do mine in the evening. I see her with the laptop everywhere! Lounge, press room, even on a tennis court… She should sign up for Blog Addict Anonymous.

So she guessed right about me flirting! Boo hoo hoo!!! Logic shmogic… That’s why I hate combined tournaments. Always some smart girl gets in the way… The only way is to get rid of the adversary. (see photo)

I guess it’s getting fairly late in the week and everyone is leaving. Elena Vesnina couldn’t take any more abuse in billiards, so she left. So did Rodionova, my best friend when it came to gossip. She probably went to see her BF who is a DJ. Now that’s a smart move! If you want quality dance music for free then just date a DJ. Don’t spend time ripping music off the internet like Dinara Safina.

By the way, fans don’t realize how much time tennis players spend online. Dinara probably has every song on the planet into her laptop.

LoveFifteen
May 5th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Dmitry is so HOT! I want him to sit on my face. :devil:

antonella
May 5th, 2006, 04:56 AM
Don’t spend time ripping music off the internet like Dinara Safina.

Dinara probably has every song on the planet into her laptop.

:lol: :p :lol:

switz
May 5th, 2006, 04:56 AM

:lol: you know heaps about tennis if you think 32 is a bad ranking - especially on the men's tour. and he's only just 23 years old ;)

Mattographer
May 5th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Dmitry is add my favourite players list! :lol:

Hant11
May 5th, 2006, 05:10 AM
By the way, fans don’t realize how much time tennis players spend online. Dinara probably has every song on the planet into her laptop. Marat downloads so many movies it feels like he is planning to open Blockbuster Video in Moscow. Gael Monfils is nuts over MSN. A couple of days ago he was sitting in the lobby and, I’m not kidding, talking on six MSN Windows at the same time. The guy is like Neo in Matrix. He has no idea what he is writing anymore or who he is writing to. He just puts “lol” and moves on to the next window. The girl is probably telling him that her kittens died and he just says, “lol.” At the same time he is listening to Bow Wow and tries to sing along. The funniest stuff on Earth. A French dude is trying to rap! Impossible to watch without a condescending smile!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drake1980
May 5th, 2006, 05:12 AM
He is a cool guy

Solitaire
May 5th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Dima rocks and always has!!!! :rocker2:

If u like Dima and ur a member of MTF go here :)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=3448771#post3448771

CooCooCachoo
May 5th, 2006, 06:35 AM

It only gets better!

I adore him now :worship:

CooCooCachoo
May 5th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Ummm… are you writing a story on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs? They aren’t the eight people who get into Shanghai at the end of the year!

OMG :rolls:

CooCooCachoo
May 5th, 2006, 06:40 AM
What about this pic:

http://www.wtatour.com/global/library/200x250/Estoril-Drivers-002200250.jpg

~Carsten~
May 5th, 2006, 06:41 AM
:lol: he is a great guy! :lol:

Foot's Fingers
May 5th, 2006, 06:45 AM
tursunov - man of the week!!!

For sure!!!

And he called Rodionova as "my best friend when it came to gossip" :inlove:

Hachiko
May 5th, 2006, 07:20 AM
It's cool, but I wanna hear some more gossip though. Lmao at Kirilenko not knowing how to find her IP address (though I wouldn't have a clue how to either).

E. Blackadder
May 5th, 2006, 07:23 AM
lol @ monfils :haha:

Dmitry rules!!!!

Modiac.
May 5th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Dmitry is so cool!
He is absolutely a great blogger,ATP may think about to let him continue writing it during his tour,it'll a lot fun!

hingis-seles
May 5th, 2006, 07:39 AM

Very funny read. :D

SloKid
May 5th, 2006, 07:54 AM
I guess it’s getting fairly late in the week and everyone is leaving. Elena Vesnina couldn’t take any more abuse in billiards, so she left. So did Rodionova, my best friend when it came to gossip. She probably went to see her BF who is a DJ. Now that’s a smart move! If you want quality dance music for free then just date a DJ. Don’t spend time ripping music off the internet like Dinara Safina.

By the way, fans don’t realize how much time tennis players spend online. Dinara probably has every song on the planet into her laptop. Marat downloads so many movies it feels like he is planning to open Blockbuster Video in Moscow. Gael Monfils is nuts over MSN. A couple of days ago he was sitting in the lobby and, I’m not kidding, talking on six MSN Windows at the same time. The guy is like Neo in Matrix. He has no idea what he is writing anymore or who he is writing to. He just puts “lol” and moves on to the next window. The girl is probably telling him that her kittens died and he just says, “lol.” At the same time he is listening to Bow Wow and tries to sing along. The funniest stuff on Earth. A French dude is trying to rap! Impossible to watch without a condescending smile!
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I'm gonna miss reading this every day. :sad:

MrSerenaWilliams
May 5th, 2006, 08:44 AM
So is Johnny Weir gay or what?

Slumpsova
May 5th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Dmitry shoule keep writing. at least on his own website :D

ozfan44
May 5th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Dmitry :haha:

Ur a legend!

tennisrox
May 5th, 2006, 10:19 AM
He is a bloody laugh riot! :haha: :haha:

Oriental_Rain
May 5th, 2006, 10:34 AM
freakin hilarious... just like Marat :lol:

bis2806
May 5th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Tursunov sounds like he is gay...

The_Pov
May 5th, 2006, 11:15 AM

Seeing as Bryanne Stewart said in her blog he has been flirting with the female drivers, I would love to see how you came to that conclusion!

-sugi-
May 5th, 2006, 11:18 AM
:haha: Good read

bellascarlett
May 5th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Tursunov's blog a cult hit

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, USA (ATP tour) –California-based Russian Dmitry Tursunov is proving to be one of the most popular bloggers on ATPtennis.com after winning rave reviews from fans and the media for his Estoril Open blog on ATPtennis.com. (Read the blog at http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/tursunov.asp)

Tursunov mixes his off-court revelations with self-deprecating humor about his on-court performances. After defeating a local 15-year-old lucky loser in the first round of the main draw, Tursunov wrote: “I hear people talking of Nadal being dethroned and that a new sheriff is in town.”

He also took a swipe at countryman Marat Safin after they won a tense first-round doubles match: “Marat doesn’t really understand the concept ‘my side/your side’… I went to get some water and fresh towels and while I was gone Marat managed to lose the game.”

The tournament’s transportation team has mocked up ‘Wanted – Dead or Alive’ posters for Tursunov after he blogged about drivers exceeding speed limits. Czech Lukas Dlouhy is thought to be planning his own reprisals after Tursunov’s comment about Tuesday’s Players’ Party. “Lukas Dlouhy, rejected by all the models, is playing Tic-Tac-Toe with himself.”

With 61,000 page views by mid-week, Tursunov already ranks fifth in the list of most popular bloggers this year and is on pace to move past Jarkko Nieminen (63,070), Ivan Ljubicic (69,540) and No. 2-ranked Mardy Fish (76,910). James Blake’s record 114,940 page impressions from Sydney in January could be under threat.

The media also has picked up on the blog. SI.com’s Jon Wertheim said Tursunov was “hysterically funny and exceptionally likable.” Peter Bodo, in his popular Tennis World blog on tennis.com, wrote: “Sizzle Alert! Here’s what’s really hot right now: Dmitry Tursunov's blog.” Portugal’s O jogo and Record national sports papers have both written about the blog.

http://www.tennisnews.com/exclusive.php?pID=11420

dmitry :worship: :lol:

Carmen Mairena
May 5th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Sweet and sexy!!! :hearts: :inlove: :hearts:

Modiac.
May 5th, 2006, 02:19 PM

Perhaps you drew this conclusion from that he has many female friends??

Cilla
May 5th, 2006, 02:20 PM
If you want quality dance music for free then just date a DJ. Don’t spend time ripping music off the internet like Dinara Safina.

By the way, fans don’t realize how much time tennis players spend online. . Gael Monfils is nuts over MSN. A couple of days ago he was sitting in the lobby and, I’m not kidding, talking on six MSN Windows at the same time. The guy is like Neo in Matrix. He has no idea what he is writing anymore or who he is writing to. He just puts “lol” and moves on to the next window. The girl is probably telling him that her kittens died and he just says, “lol.”

*dead*

:spit: :haha: :rolls:

The_Pov
May 5th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Perhaps you drew this conclusion from that he has many female friends??

I don't where bis drew that conclusion, bis is just jelous and hating on Dmitry because of his new found respect.

Marshmallow
May 5th, 2006, 03:21 PM
I don't where bis drew that conclusion, bis is just jelous and hating on Dmitry because of his new found respect.

But why is implying someone is gay an Insult / Hating. He could very well be gay or bi, not even you know this for sure. T'is an opinion, allowed to be shared.

Anyway, i for one would be elated if he was. *swoooooooooon*

cometz9
May 5th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Dimitry :worship: :lol: this guy cracks me up with his humor

SS6888
May 5th, 2006, 06:10 PM
dmitry's soo supersexy and freakin' hilarious - I wanna meet him!

Mightymirza
May 5th, 2006, 06:44 PM
yeah..Its an awesome blog...Soooo funnnyyyy...

KiriKiri
May 5th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Hilarious indeed! :lol:

BTW can anybody access to his website?? He says check my website in his last blog but it requires password etc.

Crazy Canuck
May 5th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Hilarious indeed! :lol:

BTW can anybody access to his website?? He says check my website in his last blog but it requires password etc.
I was able to get on :shrug:

Crazy Canuck
May 5th, 2006, 08:30 PM
So is Johnny Weir gay or what?

Does it rain in Seattle?

bellascarlett
May 5th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Does it rain in Seattle?
:lol:

Wannabeknowitall
May 5th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Well I retract some of the stuff I said about Feliciano.
I brought myself some Nadal white capis and dude is a freak.
They're basically see-through and I really only own very colorful underwear from Unico and Puma.
I guess I'm going to be looking like Feliciano this tennis season. :tape:

Timariot
May 5th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Then there is a problem with copycats from WTA. They steal all of our great ideas! Fist-Pumping, Grunting, Blogging, Sleeveless Shirts… They steal everything good ATP came up with. I’m surprised they haven’t stolen Feliciano… Ok, ok! That was uncalled for! But c’mon! Blogging was our idea to promote ATP. Women don’t need that. They have enough fans as it is. They have so much attention and promotion that their fans don’t even play tennis!

I'm genuinely surprised that got past ATP censorship...they are completely humourless in protecting their "brand" and it's "value" as the #1 pro tennis organization.

Remember the ATPWorld! :devil:

bis2806
May 5th, 2006, 11:00 PM
But why is implying someone is gay an Insult / Hating. He could very well be gay or bi, not even you know this for sure. T'is an opinion, allowed to be shared.

Yeah man, why would I insult Dimitry for being gay? I am indeed gay, and I can see the vibes from him - not because he has many female friends :rolleyes: T_Pov, seriously, think before you write.

And I would be elated with you too Marshmallow!

Natasc
May 5th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Dmitry is gay?? really??
wherever, gay or not I totally like him
super funny guy

he won a fan now :D :lol:

The Daviator
May 5th, 2006, 11:13 PM
I thought this place was called 'WTAWorld' :scratch: Shouldn't this be over at MTF???

korben
May 5th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I thought this place was called 'WTAWorld' :scratch: Shouldn't this be over at MTF???

I´m sure they have thread there. Don´t worry. Bryanne is holding our ground. :D:worship:

Timariot
May 5th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Look, you all should just be happy about this. Next week we're back with Nalbandian or someone handing out "I wake up today, ate breakfast, this is a nice city, I hope I win today blah blah blah" entries all week...

Dmitri and Bryanne are probably in the process of getting a room from some shady motel signing in as "Mr and Mrs John Smith".

Jennifer North
May 5th, 2006, 11:49 PM

and why do you have to piss on everybody else's little fun :rolleyes: ? last time I checked, you're not even a moderator and the thread is in good spirits anyway...

Justine Fan
May 5th, 2006, 11:54 PM
and why do you have to piss on everybody else's little fun

Ah that's right ......... it's normally your job isn't it? :lol:

Fun? I didn't think you knew what the word meant!! Wow I'm shocked!

tango_ar
May 5th, 2006, 11:56 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Es muy gracioso este chabon, ya me hice fan de el :bigclap:

The Daviator
May 6th, 2006, 12:22 AM
and why do you have to piss on everybody else's little fun :rolleyes: ? last time I checked, you're not even a moderator and the thread is in good spirits anyway...

Right, then I'll create a thread on how much I like an ATP player, and it'll be alright, won't it, as long as it's in 'good spirits' :rolleyes:

Justine Fan
May 6th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Right, then I'll create a thread on how much I like an ATP player, and it'll be alright, won't it, as long as it's in 'good spirits' :rolleyes:

Dav .... take no notice of the miserable old cow ... she's like that with everyone and everything! Ignore her!

The Daviator
May 6th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Dav .... take no notice of the miserable old cow ... she's like that with everyone and everything! Ignore her!

Oh I will JF, don't you worry, I saw some of her posts in the Venus thread :retard: I guess on a forum this big we have to expect to encounter trolls from time to time, eh?

Justine Fan
May 6th, 2006, 12:50 AM
Oh I will JF, don't you worry, I saw some of her posts in the Venus thread :retard: I guess on a forum this big we have to expect to encounter trolls from time to time, eh?

And miserable and unhappy ones at that :haha:

Mattographer
May 6th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Look, you all should just be happy about this. Next week we're back with Nalbandian or someone handing out "I wake up today, ate breakfast, this is a nice city, I hope I win today blah blah blah" entries all week...

Dmitri and Bryanne are probably in the process of getting a room from some shady motel signing in as "Mr and Mrs John Smith".
This would be hottest sex ever even better than Angelina and Brad's! :drool: :lol:

morningglory
May 6th, 2006, 01:28 AM

so Marshy, ur a guy? a gay guy? :confused: always thought you were a gal.... or do some gals fall for gay guys? :confused: :haha:

Anyway :lol: at the Mr. and Mrs Smith comments, but check this out:
http://www.atptennis.com/shared/photos/other/tursunov_blog8.jpg
http://mud.mm-a6.yimg.com/image/2361772719

not really... :haha: they still need lots of training...

Natasc
May 6th, 2006, 02:21 AM
so Marshy, ur a guy? a gay guy? :confused: always thought you were a gal.... or do some gals fall for gay guys? :confused: :haha:

ow come on, u didnt know that is MARSHA not Marshy?
is a girl buddie

and wow, I so agree!! after Brad and AJ I go for it with Dmitry and Bryanna :lol:

Mattographer
May 6th, 2006, 02:47 AM

http://www.atptennis.com/shared/photos/other/tursunov_blog9.jpg

This is more like Mr. and Mrs. Smith! :hehehe:

georgekuo1017
May 6th, 2006, 02:54 AM
http://www.atptennis.com/shared/photos/other/tursunov_blog9.jpg

This is more like Mr. and Mrs. Smith! :hehehe:
:lol: :lol:

Mattographer
May 6th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Friday, May 5, 2006

I put my alarm on early this morning so I could wake up and read Dmitry's ATP blog hot of the press. I didn't want to miss any time and was looking forward to spending my whole day planning and thinking of what to write in response. According to him that is all my day consists of. I really doubt he prefers tournaments that aren't combined with the women as each day I see him enjoying lunch surrounded by an array of different girls.

This morning, after I read the abuse in the blog I went for a jog along the beach opposite my hotel, and I was tempted to jump in for a refreshing dip but the cold water turned me off pretty quickly. Instead I headed back to the hotel, showered and went down to get a ride to the courts.

As the tournament is nearing an end, the normal pushing and shoving to get a seat on the bus is over and it's just me waiting. Today, the female face pulling up to the curb looked familiar... it was the infamous flirt Marta, AKA Miss Michael Schumacher, screeching to a halt. Nervously I got in the car and we both started laughing. She seemed not to have taken any offense from my mention of her driving and instead we chatted about which players are the nicest and who is cute and my home down in Sydney where she is to visit later in the year (I might stay off the Sydney roads that week).

We made it to the courts safely and I headed to my living room for the week, the media tent, which I have affectionately renamed the Nerd's Den due to the amount of computers and gadgets running at one time. I soon find out that the blogging war that Dmitry and I have started is causing quite a stir and they want to film us today. My immediate thoughts are I haven't done my hair! And as Dmitry doesn't have a match today I imagine him back at the hotel glamming up especially for the event, manicure, mud mask, ultra conditioning hair treatment; all part of his routine, similar to Derek Zoolander from the movie Zoolander, who he obviously idolizes! Have you seen him in the magnum pose on his ATP profile?

Lucky enough for me I am at a tournament that goes above normal requirements and there is a Dessange hairdresser available for players on-site so I rush over for a quick makeover. Another reminder that I am in Europe is that there is a guy in the salon patiently having foundation applied while relaxing with a cigarette. You wouldn't see that too often in Australia. The salon is located in the sponsor's pavilion, which is amazing, the size of two football fields and decked out in luxurious furniture and exquisite food; jam packed with the best dressed who's who of Portugal. Yesterday after the fashion show I met a few of the male models and had a photo with one of my favorites. Today I am offered champagne, which I politely refuse, because unfortunately I have to practice later. If they had asked me a second time I would have felt bad refusing the hospitality and joined the glamorous crowd for a bubbly or two. However they must have seen my player badge as I wasn’t offered again!

My hair is done and I am ready to face Dmitry but I haven't spotted him yet; maybe he has gone all out today and made an appointment for a spray tan to avoid any unslightly tan lines showing up on the TV?

Later that same day...

The highlight of my week by monstrous amounts was the afternoon I spent clowning around with Dmitry in the kiddy world. It was supposed to be a chance where the blogging score could be settled, however we both ended up finding our inner child and played the games even after the cameras stopped rolling. I think we better stick to tennis and a bit of blogging on the side, as most of the kids outdid us in all the activities, especially the hoop throwing. Dmitry thought he was quite the expert and proceeded to give me a lesson in the fine art of the bow and arrow, something about squinting and focusing with the other eye were his tactics. I thought he looked pretty silly so I just aimed and released, I was pretty happy with my last shot. No need to mention the first 20 attempts, it's really not that easy! I won't be cast in any Robin Hood movies in the near future.

After the filming finished, I convinced the cameraman to let me have a sneak peek of what they had just captured, and by accident he showed me the footage filmed earlier that day in Dmitry's hotel room. There he was wrapped up in a fluffy white bath robe and a head wrap for his freshly washed hair, filing his nails while typing away at his blog. What a sight! Don't think he is ever going to live that down. You will have to look out for Dmitry and my mini flick on the Web site very soon; meanwhile there are photos in the gallery (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/photogallery/Default1.asp?event=bryannestewart).

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/library/200x250/SALON-007.jpg http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/photogallery/bryannestewart/f_12.jpg http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/photogallery/bryannestewart/f_13.jpg

CrossCourt~Rally
May 6th, 2006, 03:22 AM
This guy should get his own reality show... :worship:

Wombat
May 6th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Dima has class!

bis2806
May 6th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Friday, May 5, 2006

I put my alarm on early this morning so I could wake up and read Dmitry's ATP blog hot of the press. I didn't want to miss any time and was looking forward to spending my whole day planning and thinking of what to write in response. According to him that is all my day consists of. I really doubt he prefers tournaments that aren't combined with the women as each day I see him enjoying lunch surrounded by an array of different girls.

This morning, after I read the abuse in the blog I went for a jog along the beach opposite my hotel, and I was tempted to jump in for a refreshing dip but the cold water turned me off pretty quickly. Instead I headed back to the hotel, showered and went down to get a ride to the courts.

As the tournament is nearing an end, the normal pushing and shoving to get a seat on the bus is over and it's just me waiting. Today, the female face pulling up to the curb looked familiar... it was the infamous flirt Marta, AKA Miss Michael Schumacher, screeching to a halt. Nervously I got in the car and we both started laughing. She seemed not to have taken any offense from my mention of her driving and instead we chatted about which players are the nicest and who is cute and my home down in Sydney where she is to visit later in the year (I might stay off the Sydney roads that week).

We made it to the courts safely and I headed to my living room for the week, the media tent, which I have affectionately renamed the Nerd's Den due to the amount of computers and gadgets running at one time. I soon find out that the blogging war that Dmitry and I have started is causing quite a stir and they want to film us today. My immediate thoughts are I haven't done my hair! And as Dmitry doesn't have a match today I imagine him back at the hotel glamming up especially for the event, manicure, mud mask, ultra conditioning hair treatment; all part of his routine, similar to Derek Zoolander from the movie Zoolander, who he obviously idolizes! Have you seen him in the magnum pose on his ATP profile?

Lucky enough for me I am at a tournament that goes above normal requirements and there is a Dessange hairdresser available for players on-site so I rush over for a quick makeover. Another reminder that I am in Europe is that there is a guy in the salon patiently having foundation applied while relaxing with a cigarette. You wouldn't see that too often in Australia. The salon is located in the sponsor's pavilion, which is amazing, the size of two football fields and decked out in luxurious furniture and exquisite food; jam packed with the best dressed who's who of Portugal. Yesterday after the fashion show I met a few of the male models and had a photo with one of my favorites. Today I am offered champagne, which I politely refuse, because unfortunately I have to practice later. If they had asked me a second time I would have felt bad refusing the hospitality and joined the glamorous crowd for a bubbly or two. However they must have seen my player badge as I wasn’t offered again!

My hair is done and I am ready to face Dmitry but I haven't spotted him yet; maybe he has gone all out today and made an appointment for a spray tan to avoid any unslightly tan lines showing up on the TV?

Later that same day...

The highlight of my week by monstrous amounts was the afternoon I spent clowning around with Dmitry in the kiddy world. It was supposed to be a chance where the blogging score could be settled, however we both ended up finding our inner child and played the games even after the cameras stopped rolling. I think we better stick to tennis and a bit of blogging on the side, as most of the kids outdid us in all the activities, especially the hoop throwing. Dmitry thought he was quite the expert and proceeded to give me a lesson in the fine art of the bow and arrow, something about squinting and focusing with the other eye were his tactics. I thought he looked pretty silly so I just aimed and released, I was pretty happy with my last shot. No need to mention the first 20 attempts, it's really not that easy! I won't be cast in any Robin Hood movies in the near future.

After the filming finished, I convinced the cameraman to let me have a sneak peek of what they had just captured, and by accident he showed me the footage filmed earlier that day in Dmitry's hotel room. There he was wrapped up in a fluffy white bath robe and a head wrap for his freshly washed hair, filing his nails while typing away at his blog. What a sight! Don't think he is ever going to live that down. You will have to look out for Dmitry and my mini flick on the Web site very soon; meanwhile there are photos in the gallery (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/photogallery/Default1.asp?event=bryannestewart).

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/library/200x250/SALON-007.jpg http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/photogallery/bryannestewart/f_12.jpg http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/global/photogallery/bryannestewart/f_13.jpg

Hmmm.....not to stereotype, but yeah..

Meteor Shower
May 6th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Bryanne's blog in the last few days was fun to read, especially today. So did Tursunov's of course :)

:worship: hope there will be more WTA bloggers

Meesh
May 6th, 2006, 12:01 PM
:lol::lol: That is hysterical... the date a dj if you like dance music part :haha:

Lady
May 6th, 2006, 12:40 PM

Ok, maybe you haven't noticed, but Dima's blog contains info on WTA players. Isn't it a normal place to post stuff about Dinara Safina and Katarina B?
Should Bodo blogs are not allowed as well? He's not playing on WTA after all..

-sugi-
May 6th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I liked Bryanne's latest few, the have been enjoyable with her comments on Dmitriy

Slumpsova
May 6th, 2006, 03:29 PM
too bad he stopped writing since Marat pulled out of doubles. damn you Marat ! :fiery:

M2k
May 6th, 2006, 03:30 PM
...lol...his humor is more on the "campy" side...:lol: and did he say he trains in Sacramento? :devil: *plans how he can incidentally bump into him*

The_Pov
May 6th, 2006, 03:49 PM
...lol...his humor is more on the "campy" side...:lol: and did he say he trains in Sacramento? :devil: *plans how he can incidentally bump into him*

Hands off I'm kidnapping him when he comes to Wimbledon. :lol:

The_Pov
May 6th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Hmmm.....not to stereotype, but yeah..

One word: Metrosexual?

I think it's a joke, she has also said that he's very flirty with the female drivers.

And you can be camp and straight!

rhz
May 6th, 2006, 11:59 PM
I want them to play mixed together! by the way is Bryanne straight or gay?

M2k
May 7th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Hands off I'm kidnapping him when he comes to Wimbledon. :lol:

muahaha
...but he'll return to California (for a few days) before going back to Wimby :devil:

M2k
May 7th, 2006, 12:17 AM

...or Bi ---> :angel: that way we can all have a chance :lol: :tape: :lol:

Mattographer
May 7th, 2006, 01:14 AM
I want them to play mixed together! by the way is Bryanne straight or gay?
What I understand she had a boyfriend in the past so I guess she's straight ;) Go for him, Bryanne! :devil:

morningglory
May 7th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Madame Bryanne Tursunova (RUS) ... :lol:
the name seems real weird... :haha:

Marshmallow
May 7th, 2006, 02:56 AM

I've said it a MILLION times. I am a homosexual male. Yet some people inc. Natasc just seems won't accept this. :shrug:

Mattographer
May 7th, 2006, 03:58 AM
Madame Bryanne Tursunova (RUS) ... :lol:
the name seems real weird... :haha:
Not every women have changed to their husband's name :p

The_Pov
May 7th, 2006, 12:18 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/tursunov.asp

There's a video of Dima and Bryanne.

And he managed to get 137,000 page impressions, I think that's a record.

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7932/dmitry9eo.jpg

Petition here to get the ATP to let Dima write another blog:

http://www.atptennis.com/en/aboutatp/contact.asp

Then we could get Dima Vs Bryanne Part II

SloKid
May 7th, 2006, 12:21 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/blog/tursunov.asp

There's a video of Dima and Bryanne.

And he managed to get 137,000 page impressions, I think that's a record.

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7932/dmitry9eo.jpg
Well the thread about it on MTF has almost 20k views and over 400 replies and now another thread has been started for the sequel.
He became the most popular player thanks to the blog :lol:

tennisrox
May 7th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Waltczek is Polish. But he is a self proclaimed communist and had to change his name and residence so he can practice his beliefs without Big Brother breathing down his neck. Now he resides in Las Vegas

He should blog every week. He's hilarious!

borisy
May 7th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Here is a video about Davis Cup that shows Tursunov shirtless :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RALVLBB2

Jackson.
May 7th, 2006, 01:08 PM

:drool: :hearts:

The_Pov
May 7th, 2006, 01:14 PM

Thank you sooo much :worship: :hearts:

LadyLil
May 7th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Ha, I think I love him! :hearts:

I'm sure you guys saw the video. It's quite entertaining (and there's a Marat sighting)

hablo
May 7th, 2006, 02:30 PM
One word: Metrosexual?

I think it's a joke, she has also said that he's very flirty with the female drivers.

he's also married (I think I saw that on on his official website? I could be mistaken :angel: ) :lol:
I think that's good that guy put time into their appearance too, these days ;):p (metrosexuality :yeah: )

"Biographie

Dmitry est nй le 12 dйcembre 1982 а Moscou, en Russie. Il a un frиre de 7 ans son aоnй qui se prйnomme Denis.

Le 2 juin 2002, Dmitry йpouse Kristina.

Son pиre, Igor, йtait un ingйnieur dans un institut, mais dйsormais, il vend des йquipements de tennis en Russie avec sa femme, Svetlana.

Dmitry considиre que sa meilleur surface est le dur.

Son coach actuel est Jose Higueras. Cependant, Dmitry travaille toujours un peu avec Vitaly Gorin lorsqu’il rentre aux Etats-Unis. "

http://dmitry-tursunov.ucoz.ru/french/index-fr.html

morningglory
May 7th, 2006, 04:45 PM
there's nothing about his wife on his atp profile... :confused:

hablo
May 7th, 2006, 05:09 PM
there's nothing about his wife on his atp profile... :confused:
It's on the french part of his official website :shrug:
it's cool that he actually has a french part :lol::eek:

I also found this :
Full name is Dmitry Igorevich Tursunov...Moved to U.S. from Moscow when he was 12 1/2 and lived with coach Vitaly Gorin in Bay area and Sacramento until 2002àFather, Igor, was an engineer for an institute of nuclear technology and he now sells tennis equipment in Russia while mother, Svetlana, is an accountant...Has one older brother, Denis, who is seven years older...His father set him up with his coach, who decided to work with him in U.S...Has been back to Russia once since leaving for United States...A big fan of actors Jackie Chan and Will Ferrell...Listens to music of Paul Oakenfold, Yahel and ATB...In 2002, had a misdiagnosed back injury which sidelined him for most of season...He was eventually diagnosed as having two fractures but he recovered after plenty of rest...Considers groundstrokes as best shot and hard courts as favorite surface...Wife, Kristina (married June 2, 2002)...Coached by former ATP Top 10 pro Jose Higueras and works with Vitaly Gorin while at home.
http://www.chinaopen.cn/s2004/Tursunov.shtml

borisy
May 7th, 2006, 05:13 PM
wife? :bigcry:

anlavalle
May 7th, 2006, 06:01 PM
let's just put it this way: he's a pretty boy ;)

he is more than pretty, absolutely gorgeous

anlavalle
May 7th, 2006, 06:02 PM
I`m talking about Feliciano btw

The_Pov
May 7th, 2006, 07:44 PM
:sad: He has a wife :sad:

My life is over....wait I'll hunt her down :fiery: Muahahahahaha

morningglory
May 7th, 2006, 07:50 PM
:sad: He has a wife :sad:

My life is over....wait I'll hunt her down :fiery: Muahahahahaha
relax, girl... the guys on MTF say they're not married anymore... or wateva... can't be bothered to check...

The_Pov
May 7th, 2006, 07:57 PM
relax, girl... the guys on MTF say they're not married anymore... or wateva... can't be bothered to check...

Phew, I thought I would be forced to do something illegal...well other than kidnapping Dima.

hablo
May 7th, 2006, 08:01 PM
well that was a very short lived mariage then :tape:

Slumpsova
May 7th, 2006, 09:38 PM

oh god, that woman is so stupid. how can she leave this funny guy? :rolleyes:

The_Pov
May 7th, 2006, 09:40 PM
oh god, that woman is so stupid. how can she leave this funny guy? :rolleyes:

I'm not complaining, but wow she is stupid!

bellascarlett
May 7th, 2006, 10:14 PM
well that was a very short lived mariage then :tape:

yeah i doubt they are still together...just a feeling haha....but I was surprised about the marriage thing...didnt know that before...well...now...