PDA

View Full Version : Svetlana Kuznetsova df. Tzvetana Pironkova 6-3 6-1

pla
May 4th, 2006, 11:08 AM
So I promised to write a report from this match and here it is:

The game started in bad conditions, clay suffered and lots of tricky wind. I thought this will cause problems to Tzvetana because she's unexperienced and her serve, especially second is shaky. But I was amazed to see she adapted quite well to the conditions. Maybe quiallies helped ;)

Anyways, Tzveti serving the first game from the side that turned to be the harder to play from. It was a long game with deuces but eventually tzvetana lost the game.

Next two games, tzvetana very agressive made a break and kept her serve. And here things got tricky. Sveta became more and more comfortable on the surface while Tzvetana was loosing her agressiveness and returned short balls, didn't passed through her shots and the resitence was quite small. Sveta having her game- fantastic shots, great serve, good voleys- everything. At 3-3 Sveta got to 0-40 but then Tzvetana came back with agressiveness and an UE of Sveta, then they had some deuces, brak points and at one point there was this call Sveta didn't agree with and the judge changed the decision of the linesman. Tzvetana then went to argue with the chairwoman but it was for nothing. She lost her concentration, missed the first serve on break point and then got punished from Sveta who provoked an error. Until there, Tzvetana had more winners than Sveta.

From this point Tzveti was playing really deffencive, changed attitude and really seemed lost. Sveta getting more and more cofident was doing EVERYTHING with her forehand. God, this shot is a pure pleasure. I am very sad tzvetana lost but Sveta's forehand is just a golden shot.

Sveta got quite easely the set and help for the first game of the second set. Then there was a very disputed game where tzvetana was trying to come back to her agressiveness from the first part of the first set but after deuces, she eventually lost (or Sveta won, as you wish ;) ). Then tzvetana broke with very nice game but it wasn't enough, Sveta's game is too complete and at this stage of a match it's quite impossible to make a turn.

Anyways, my thoughts on tzvetana's game. She tries to add more variety, she tries to keep agressive but doesn't succeed always. I think everyone knows now how good her forehand is, how fit she is. Especially for ghosts, who demanded- I noticed her inside-out forehand needs work. I think her grip doesn't help her with it but maybe if she's not so tense she can think of changing the grip and get some more variety with this otherwise fantastic shot.

Also, tzvetana slides very rarely, her game on clay can only get better if she remembers to slide more often. I seems like she's forgeting to do it while in a rally. It's strange because she actually trains on clay at home.

And the other work to do is to remember to get more often through her backhand. Too often she just works with her arms and not with the whole body which against superb players like Sveta is not enough.

So that's it, Tzvetana surelly has the potencial and I hope she develops it. This, I am sure, was a GREAT experience for her playing such a player like Svetlana on clay. Tzeti is unexperienced and it's normal. Ok, there's more to wirte but it's getting too long ;)

Andy.
May 4th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Awesome way to start the tournament Svets

furrykitten
May 4th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Pretty easy really for Kuznetsova but Pironkova shows glimpses of ability but needs a new mental approach.

~Carsten~
May 4th, 2006, 11:33 AM
it wasn't a good Match
Congrats Sveta! :)

jrm
May 4th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Pironkova is one-dimensional - never works against all-court players!

sapir1434
May 4th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Allez Sveta! Win it all :kiss:

Jenny.C.Fan
May 4th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Nice one svet :)

mandy7
May 4th, 2006, 12:16 PM
:rocker2: sweetness! :cool:

gsm
May 4th, 2006, 01:47 PM
So I promised to write a report from this match and here it is:

thanks pla!!!!! :worship:

tenn_ace
May 4th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Sveta! :worship: Please go all the way :kiss:

goldenlox
May 4th, 2006, 02:45 PM
I don't agree with Sveta playing 3 straight weeks on red clay.
I just want her healthy for RG.
This tournament is a Tier II.

améliemomo
May 4th, 2006, 03:16 PM
PIRONKOVA is just too weak, not a class player like svetlana K, its just logical that she lost.

Congrats sveta! :)

furrykitten
May 4th, 2006, 06:21 PM
http://www.jandscup.pl/zdj/2006_05_04__02/2184.jpg

http://www.jandscup.pl/zdj/2006_05_04__02/2187.jpg

Awww :hearts: :hearts: :bounce: :bounce:

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 4th, 2006, 06:35 PM
sveta played well :D

but to be fair-pironkova played into sveta's hands...why did tsvetana constantly hit to kuzy's forehand HELLO!!! ITS HER BEST SHOT :retard:

tenn_ace
May 4th, 2006, 06:51 PM
maybe because it's her best shot too and she just had to play cross court?

smiler
May 4th, 2006, 06:53 PM
:dance:

rik du chesnay
May 4th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Bad bad bad match!!!I got bored

UDACHi
May 4th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Damn Tzveti. :( :sad:

Pheobo
May 4th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Tzveti :sad: