PDA

View Full Version : BBC:POoor Serena The Martyr Plans Return in August.

Cris Senior
May 4th, 2006, 07:03 AM
A multimillionaire, a self-styled movie star, who lives in two mansions, surrounded by a large staff and servants, not to speak of power agents and attorneys, says condescently:
"Sometimes life throws you punches and you have to get up. Because if you don't get up, people will walk over you."
Yeah, right, poor thing !.
:Story from BBC SPORT
Serena targets late-summer return
Two-time Wimbledon champion Serena Williams has revealed she will not play again until "the end of the summer". Williams' decision appears to rule her out of the French Open and Wimbledon.

But the 24-year-old, who has been sidelined since the Australian Open with a knee injury, scotched growing speculation she could quit for good.

"I fully intend to be competing in the coming months. My doctors say I should be in a position to be playing again by the end of the summer," she said.

Williams has played just four matches since last year's US Open, among them a third-round exit at the Australian Open, where she appeared to lack both conviction and fitness.

The American has withdrawn from events in Tokyo, Dubai, Charleston and Miami and has earned hefty fines as a result.

More seriously for the multi-millionaire, she has dropped to 106th in the world rankings.

The recurring knee injury has been a factor in her decline - her 57-week spell as the world number world was ended by knee surgery in September 2003.

But there are other reasons, notably the distractions of her own fashion label, costmetic range and her acting ambitions.

And the fatal shooting of older sister Yetunde, also in September 2003, affected both Serena and Venus Williams deeply.

Venus went on to capture a suprise Wimbledon crown last season and remains in the top 20.

She stated: "Sometimes life throws you punches and you have to get up. Because if you don't get up, people will walk all over you."

And Serena insists she is determined to make a comeback, too.

"I want everyone to know that I will be back on the tennis court," said Serena.

"I'm more excited than ever to resume my playing career as soon as my body is ready.

"These past months have been very frustrating for me personally as I have had to take this time off to fully mend from a chronic knee injury."

:

Vacant
May 4th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Venus said that after she won Wimbledon.

If you read the article properly, you would have got that.

AsGoodAsNew
May 4th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Maybe Serena just needs some time out. When Martina 'retired' a few years ago, Serena said that she understood and that she herself was feeling tired. Maybe she just needs to get refreshed and get the hunger back.

Can you imagine the furore on here when she does return - thread after thread, all predicting her demise or return to domination!! Can't wait!!

Cris Senior
May 4th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Venus said that after she won Wimbledon.

If you read the article properly, you would have got that.
Oh, I can't read properly ? You are the vacant mind not me. Patronizing dimwit!

coolbird2
May 4th, 2006, 07:42 AM
well good for her. It not like the sisters have sat on there backside and inherated the money from mummy and daddy. They have worked hard all there lives. What ever they want to do is uo to them

dreamgoddess099
May 4th, 2006, 07:48 AM
A multimillionaire, a self-styled movie star, who lives in two mansions,[B/]

Serena's only house is one she shares with Venus and it's in Florida, she has a small condo in LA with two bedrooms. Where did you get two mansions from?

[B]surrounded by a large staff and servants

They have one housekeeper who comes a couple of days a week when they aren't at home , but according to their mother, Venus loves to clean and usually does. They have no cook, Serena says she does most of the cooking when they don't eat out or order takeout. Where did you get large staff and servants from?

Cris Senior
May 4th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Serena's only house is one she shares with Venus and it's in Florida, she has a small condo in LA with two bedrooms. Where did you get two mansions from?

They have one housekeeper who comes a couple of days a week when they aren't at home , but according to their mother, Venus loves to clean and usually does. They have no cook, Serena says she does most of the cooking when they don't eat out or order takeout. Where did you get large staff and servants from?
If you believe in that story you might as well believe in the tooth Fairy.You forgot to add she doesn't have any agents, PR reps and much less attorneys.Also she runs a fashion company all by herself without any help of designers and secretaries ! Watch out someday some one will sell you the Brooklyn bridge and you'll buy it.

dreamgoddess099
May 4th, 2006, 09:38 AM
If you believe in that story you might as well believe in the tooth Fairy.You forgot to add she doesn't have any agents, PR reps and much less attorneys.Also she runs a fashion company all by herself without any help of designers and secretaries ! Watch out someday some one will sell you the Brooklyn bridge and you'll buy it.I never said she didn't have any people working for her, so saying she has no agent, publicist, attorneys, or employees for her fashion label would be a lie. I just pointed out your exaggeration of the actual amount. I based my info off things she herself has said on TV and in magazine articles. What source did you base your exaggerations off of?

Pureracket
May 4th, 2006, 11:18 AM
A multimillionaire, a self-styled movie star, who lives in two mansions, surrounded by a large staff and servants, not to speak of power agents and attorneys, says condescently:
"Sometimes life throws you punches and you have to get up. Because if you don't get up, people will walk over you."
Yeah, right, poor thing !.
Umm. . .Serena never said that. In your effort to insult her, it seems that you've attributed the wrong quote. INCREDIBLE!!!!!:lol:

Also, she doesn't live in two mansions, and do you count a parttime housekeeper as a large staff of servants?!?!?!

Hell, are you even talking about Serena here?!?!?!?

LOL!!!!!

Johno_uk
May 4th, 2006, 11:24 AM
If you believe in that story you might as well believe in the tooth Fairy.You forgot to add she doesn't have any agents, PR reps and much less attorneys.Also she runs a fashion company all by herself without any help of designers and secretaries ! Watch out someday some one will sell you the Brooklyn bridge and you'll buy it.

Umm, if one was running a fashion company, wouldn't one EXPECT to have secretaries and designers within the company? Why is that a problem?

redrubylips
May 5th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Truly,if MS.WILLIAMS wanted that,she can get it!What wrong with that?Gosh!

Reuchlin
May 5th, 2006, 08:08 PM
so because you have money, you can't feel down/sad?

Crazy Canuck
May 5th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Yes. Exactly.

Money is the solution to all of life's problems.

dreamgoddess099
May 5th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Haven't you heard, money fixes all your problems. I bet if Serena wrapped her knee in a cool stack of hundred dollar bills she'd be cured by morning.

junlee_vee
May 5th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Before you try to insult anybody, make sure you know what you are talking about. Otherwise, you'll end up looking like a dumbass...such as yourself.

Reuchlin
May 5th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Haven't you heard, money fixes all your problems. I bet if Serena wrapped her knee in a cool stack of hundred dollar bills she'd be cured by morning.

:lol: :tape: :lol: :drool:

These journalists are getting more and more desperate for a 'story' to spin. Nothing in any of Serena's statments of late has sounded bratty or spoiled-- the girl just wants her body to get healthy again.

kosmikgroove
May 5th, 2006, 08:49 PM
SERVANTS??

if this "writer" means the PAID staff to do some duties for over-worked women with MULTIPLE careers, then i have to admit that i have a couple servants also.

their names are rosa and miranda and they come every other wednesday to help clean the house. i never knew i have servants... this whole time i thought they were HIRED HELP. :rolleyes:

the girls deserve some help around the house considering their lifestyle and should not feel guilty about that at all

Reuchlin
May 5th, 2006, 08:54 PM
SERVANTS??

if this "writer" means the PAID staff to do some duties for over-worked women with MULTIPLE careers, then i have to admit that i have a couple servants also.

their names are rosa and miranda and they come every other wednesday to help clean the house. i never knew i have servants... this whole time i thought they were HIRED HELP. :rolleyes:

the girls deserve some help around the house considering their lifestyle and should not feel guilty about that at all
:lol: :tape:
You have Servants!!???????
This means you have officially lost the right to feel any human emotions besides gratitude and happiness.

Justine Fan
May 5th, 2006, 09:28 PM

I like it :yeah:

If only it were true!

Dasha_
May 5th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Will tis bs ever stop????????? Aren't you haters tired of repeating the same things over and over again.... Isn't there among you anybody with half of the brain who can come up with something else....