PDA

View Full Version : Venus & Martina - (War)saw Locker Room Confrontation

GogoGirl
May 3rd, 2006, 10:46 PM
Hey All,

Many of us got what we imagined and wished for. There had to be some reason I felt Martina still had game. Been saying it - like many of us since she left.

Venus. What can one say. Her win ova Martina @ Wimby 2000 was the bomb. That match jumpstarted her run. Truly though - when she beat Martina in her own home town in 1999 - it was the turning point for Venus. Great anticipation for us fans and for the aforementioned. They were great anticipators - and w/Martina being first - but Venus caught up.

Real quick - give some short oneliner quotes. We - know who the queen of trash talking was. LOL!

Martina: Hi Venus. Congrats on your Wimby win. If not for you - I might have won one more before I took a hiatus - so thanks.

Venus: No prob's Martina. It was my pleasure. I knew when I finally figured out how to play you - a great chess master -I believed I could conquer them all.

What y'all got?

Summer Snow
May 3rd, 2006, 10:55 PM
:D Venus will beat her so bad tomorrow! :drool:

Martian Mel
May 3rd, 2006, 11:18 PM

Maybe at a game of chess, but not at a tennismatch ;)

Summer Snow
May 3rd, 2006, 11:25 PM
Maybe at a game of chess, but not at a tennismatch ;)
:o Please remind me who won the last match between the two :help In fact, who won the last 2 matches :p

Martian Mel
May 3rd, 2006, 11:29 PM
:o Please remind me who won the last match between the two :help In fact, who won the last 2 matches :p

I can't remember it was soooooo long ago :o ;) Times have changed, it's 2006....I'm very scared for Venus, she's an amazing player and she might prevail but i really don't think that Venus will beat her so bad, like you said. I want Marti to win this so bad and i think she will but it will be very difficult....these are two champions that we are talking about it won't be an easy win.

Summer Snow
May 3rd, 2006, 11:37 PM
I can't remember it was soooooo long ago :o ;) Times have changed, it's 2006....I'm very scared for Venus, she's an amazing player and she might prevail but i really don't think that Venus will beat her so bad, like you said. I want Marti to win this so bad and i think she will but it will be very difficult....these are two champions that we are talking about it won't be an easy win.
:hug: that's the same way I feel! But I am rooting for Venus of course! :D May the most deserving player win ;)

Martian Mel
May 3rd, 2006, 11:43 PM
:hug: that's the same way I feel! But I am rooting for Venus of course! :D May the most deserving player win ;)

May the most deserving player be Martina Hingis :angel: Enjoy watching the match tomorrow....i won't be able to watch it live because i have to work. :sad: But i will have a Martian providing me with the scores....god that will be fucking exciting :o Good luck Vee, and go Marti!

Summer Snow
May 3rd, 2006, 11:58 PM
May the most deserving player be Martina Hingis :angel: Enjoy watching the match tomorrow....i won't be able to watch it live because i have to work. :sad: But i will have a Martian providing me with the scores....god that will be fucking exciting :o Good luck Vee, and go Marti!
I won't watch it live either. I will have to follow the scores on this board :o

winone23
May 4th, 2006, 12:06 AM

Agreed!

winone23
May 4th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Venus :wazzup:

Hingis :wazzup: