Pureracket
May 3rd, 2006, 08:55 PM
Kinda looks like an aquatic facility.

TeaMMashA
May 3rd, 2006, 08:56 PM
Thats seriously hers?

furrykitten
May 3rd, 2006, 08:59 PM
she has plenty of money and she will be like a Billionaire in India compared to her poorer compatriates

Apoorv
May 3rd, 2006, 09:02 PM
Thats seriously hers?

it should be. i received an email from a friend and it had this picture and he told its sania mirza's house. it has circulated to many people. i was told about her huge house by someone else also.

skanky~skanketta
May 3rd, 2006, 09:03 PM
oh shit!damn thats big!

TeaMMashA
May 3rd, 2006, 09:04 PM
She hasnt exactly earned that much in comparison to other players to get a house of this size i would have thought i wonder how mcuh it cost her

furrykitten
May 3rd, 2006, 09:06 PM
She hasnt exactly earned that much in comparison to other players to get a house of this size i would have thought i wonder how mcuh it cost her

It will be alot cheaper to buy in India than say UK, US or other Europeon countries

Anniemal
May 3rd, 2006, 09:07 PM
Keep in mind too, she is EXTREMELY popular in India, so she probably has lots of endorsement money coming through there.

Apoorv
May 3rd, 2006, 09:07 PM
well, her father is a builder and mother has a printing press. so they must have some money already. she earns a lot from advertisements and sponserships etc.

azdaja
May 3rd, 2006, 09:08 PM
i suppose she will get a lot of money from sponsors, being the most popular tennis player in a country with a population of over 1 billion people.

Tennisballova
Jeez, I would get lost in that big house...

-sugi-
wow :eek:

Does she live with her parents?

Apoorv
May 3rd, 2006, 09:09 PM
e-mail also said she spent around 90 million indian Rupees to buy the hill and another 310 to make the house.

Apoorv
May 3rd, 2006, 09:13 PM
wow :eek:

Does she live with her parents?

yes

sunset
May 3rd, 2006, 09:14 PM
Huge isnt it! :eek: http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/9089/sania9ib.jpg

Wow that is awesome, Good for her, I'm happy for her success.

LoveFifteen
May 3rd, 2006, 09:15 PM
A few million goes a lot further in India than in the First World. Damn, that's a huge house.

timafi
May 3rd, 2006, 09:16 PM
nice house Sania :) :)

borisy
May 3rd, 2006, 09:18 PM
And we have to feel sorry for her because she plays like sh*t and keeps losing?

-sugi-
May 3rd, 2006, 09:20 PM
yes
ok :) I was thinking it was quite big to live in on your own :lol:

miranda_lou
May 3rd, 2006, 09:37 PM
I think the house is very UGLY.:eek: It look so industrial. Like someone else said, like an aquarium.:lol:

But, good for her to buy a house so all her family can live together.

GrandSlam05
May 3rd, 2006, 09:41 PM
It looks like the house from the movie "Sleeping with the Enemy"

CrossCourt~Rally
May 3rd, 2006, 09:46 PM
My Eames era furniture would look nice in there ;)

CoryAnnAvants#1
May 3rd, 2006, 09:51 PM
You'd be surprised how far money goes in a lot of Asian/Eastern European countries.

Here's an example: I'm studying in Prague next spring. To get private tennis lessons with the head pro at this outdoor club in Prague costs...$16 an hour. 4 hours a day, 5 days a week would cost you $320. It's pretty impressive. I'm not surprised Sania can buy a house like that with her money made on tour and from endorsements.

bis2806
May 3rd, 2006, 10:27 PM
In Indonesia I only pay like an equivalent of $6 per hour for my lessons :)

fifiricci
May 3rd, 2006, 10:29 PM
bloody hell, that's a whopper! :eek:

ezekiel
May 3rd, 2006, 10:53 PM
It looks like the house from the movie "Sleeping with the Enemy"

that's what I was thinking too , Julia Roberts and Sania Mirza :p
But seriously that looks like a new age high tech home. I saw lots of those when I was in California a few years ago and India has been developing rapidly and sometimes when someone becomes too rich too quick they splash it out on the most expensive stuff, in this case a home

watrat
May 3rd, 2006, 11:23 PM
Wow, what a huge place she lives in. Although it's not exactly my style, it has some unusual but compelling architectural features.

Martian KC
May 3rd, 2006, 11:25 PM
Next mission. Someone take pictures of the inside. Go!

georgekuo1017
May 4th, 2006, 01:30 AM
really huge

tennisrox
May 4th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Next mission. Someone take pictures of the inside. Go!

:lol:
I can't imagine what the inside looks like. Indoor courts maybe?
I think that house cost 5 million pounds! Thats a lot by any standards! Has she really earned that much already? :eek:
Her dads probably rich, as he's a builder or something.

switz
May 4th, 2006, 01:51 AM
:lol: the house next door doesn't look quite so imposing. big and expensive but like so many of those houses completely devoid of stylish architecture.

There are houses like this near where i live on Sydney Harbour - when i go out on the water i find it sad thinking how such ugly homes occupy such an amazing position.

DutchieGirl
May 4th, 2006, 02:18 AM

endorsements! ;)

DutchieGirl
May 4th, 2006, 02:19 AM

No, no one said you *had* to...

Tennace
May 4th, 2006, 02:30 AM
I dont think that is necessary. If she has a huge family that her whole family lives in it, then I understand. If its 3 people, then thats too big. If I had that much money, I dont think my house would be that big. If she has a indoor pool and stuff, then maybe its ok. Nice Sania :cool:

bellascarlett
May 4th, 2006, 02:38 AM
A few million goes a lot further in India than in the First World.
yup, exactly what i was gonna say. and im sure she commands tons & tons of money from her endorsements in India based on her status as an international tennis star/player who's done well for Indian tennis. Gosh, I think they report on her ranking every week...:lol:

TFan1156
May 4th, 2006, 03:11 AM
e-mail also said she spent around 90 million indian Rupees to buy the hill and another 310 to make the house.

400 million Indian rupees comes to about 9 million U.S. dollars... You could built a house like that in the U.S. for that kind of money and in a good location... And Mirza has only made $400,000 in her whole career playing tennis. Yes, if that is her house she is cleaning up on endorsements...

space_gracie
May 4th, 2006, 03:15 AM
I doubt that it's Sania's house. She couldn't have made that much from endorsements.

It's most likely that she lives in that house which most possibly is owned by her parents.

DutchieGirl
May 4th, 2006, 03:17 AM
I doubt that it's Sania's house. She couldn't have made that much from endorsements.

It's most likely that she lives in that house which most possibly is owned by her parents.

Is also possible. ;)

tennisrox
May 4th, 2006, 03:20 AM

In an interview she said that she couldn't have afforded to play tennis professionally, unless she had been sponsored, so a lot of the money for that house must definitely have come from endorsements. Still, 9 million dollars for a house is a bit much. :eek:

Kunal
May 4th, 2006, 03:22 AM
im not sure if that is her house.....might be given the fact that her dad is in architecture....her endorsements make her a lot of moolah

Solitaire
May 4th, 2006, 03:29 AM
If it's here house then it's a biggie. Sania is extremely popular and has endorsements so I don't think having enough money for a home like that is an issue for her.

Shenanigans
May 4th, 2006, 03:34 AM
I'm sorry but if that is her house it is maybe too much too soon, she hasn't even made the top 20 yet and she can live in a house like that.
She is almost becoming the Indian version of Kournikova :tape: .

DutchieGirl
May 4th, 2006, 03:58 AM
I'm sorry but if that is her house it is maybe too much too soon, she hasn't even made the top 20 yet and she can live in a house like that.
She is almost becoming the Indian version of Kournikova :tape: .

:scratch: What's being in the top 20 got to do with owning a nice house? :lol:

Shenanigans
May 4th, 2006, 04:10 AM
:scratch: What's being in the top 20 got to do with owning a nice house? :lol:

i did say house ;) I actually meant a 21st century taj mahal that could sleep the enitire wta tour!

DutchieGirl
May 4th, 2006, 04:13 AM
i did say house ;) I actually meant a 21st century taj mahal that could sleep the enitire wta tour!

:lol: We don't know know for sure that it's hers anyway! ;) And hey, if she has the money, then she should live how she wants...

RatedR Superstar
May 4th, 2006, 04:36 AM
wow!!! :eek:

Kenny
May 4th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Holy shit!

Dawn Marie
May 4th, 2006, 05:14 AM
If you're a builder and know how to build and buy materials it could cost them cheaper to own the home. I am sure the location is what is so expensive. IF Sania's dad built the house. Anyway, the house is huge but if it's hers so what and she should enjoy it. She is a SUPERSTAR in India, and the house doesn't surprise me. It looks like a fortress or some 21 century castle. I am sure it is full of armed guards to protect Sania from the meanies. Kinda sad actually. She is chosen to pave the way. I guess LITERALLY since were talking about houses.

eddie_hyden
May 4th, 2006, 05:16 AM

yeah true.

you'd think she'd be able to buy a state if only she had keep on winning...

Miranda
May 4th, 2006, 05:57 AM
already earned 9 million us dollars in endorsements :confused: :eek: , if that really true, its good to be a famous tennis player, even though she has yet to win important titles ;)

Slumpsova
May 4th, 2006, 12:13 PM
that's why she slumps. if you have a house like this, you wouldn't bother get out and practice :p

Andy.
May 4th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Wow awesome mansion

frenchie
May 4th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Omg!!