View Full Version : News : Mary replays tennis

Wizzy Maryfan
May 3rd, 2006, 12:41 PM
Pierce, tout doucement
Rassurée par une échographie ayant montré que l’inflammation au pied était
« presque » partie, Mary Pierce tapote dans la balle depuis samedi à raison
d’une petite demi-heure quotidienne, sans pouvoir se déplacer. « Je sens
quelque chose,mais je n’ai pas mal, comme si le pied se réhabituait à vivre »,
racontait-elle hier. Toujours diminuée, la Française s’est retirée du tournoi de
Berlin et considérerait comme « miraculeuse » sa présence à Rome. Elle
devrait donc aborder Roland-Garros sans aucun tournoi préparatoire. Mais
convaincue qu’elle pourra défendre honorablement ses chances. « Je me dis
qu’il reste quatre semaines d’entraînement. Alors, à l’attaque ! » – F. Ra.

----

This article says that her foot is not 100% but her injury is not far from being an old nightmare !

She plays tennis since last saturday half an hour per day, and she feels something to her foot, but she dosen't suffer.

She retired from Berlin and said that her presence in Rome would be a "miracle".

But she thinks she can defend with honour her final in Roland Garros ! She knows she has 4 weeks to train and she's ready to be on top for the French.

La course contre la montre commence :cool:

FrenchY52
May 3rd, 2006, 01:13 PM
OMG no tournament :/ :/

leviathane
May 3rd, 2006, 01:40 PM
OMG no tournament :/ :/

:o :eek: it's not a very good news i think

flea
May 3rd, 2006, 02:45 PM
Aucun tournoi de préparation au préalable, comme pour Melbourne....ça promet... :awww:
(merci tout de même pour l'info Wizzy!)

Lu_Weird
May 3rd, 2006, 02:45 PM
OMG....Mary think she can defend, so she must can!!!

I played clay court today too...wow..clay is also my favorite court as Mary!!!!

saby
May 3rd, 2006, 03:27 PM
Aucun tournoi de préparation au préalable, comme pour Melbourne....ça promet... :awww:
(merci tout de même pour l'info Wizzy!)

A melbourne elle été déjà blessée, restons positif, il faut qu'elle reprenne ses appuies, elle le dit elle même " Je sens quelque chose,mais je n’ai pas mal, comme si le pied se réhabituait à vivre"
Si les docs lui ont donné l'autorisation de taper la balle c'est mieux que non tu bouges pas et tu attends, il y a du mieux. Le déplacement ont verra plus tard, c'est surement des tests pour voir comment sa blessure réagie, Mary était confiante à la Fed cup, là aussi, alors pourquoi pas après tout elle est la mieux placée pour le savoir

flea
May 3rd, 2006, 03:49 PM
A melbourne elle été déjà blessée, restons positif, il faut qu'elle reprenne ses appuies, elle le dit elle même " Je sens quelque chose,mais je n’ai pas mal, comme si le pied se réhabituait à vivre"
Si les docs lui ont donné l'autorisation de taper la balle c'est mieux que non tu bouges pas et tu attends, il y a du mieux. Le déplacement ont verra plus tard, c'est surement des tests pour voir comment sa blessure réagie, Mary était confiante à la Fed cup, là aussi, alors pourquoi pas après tout elle est la mieux placée pour le savoir...ok je vais adopter ton optimisme saby... ;)

zibaas
May 3rd, 2006, 03:54 PM
this sucks :( :sad:

Mark Spruce
May 3rd, 2006, 03:56 PM
What sucks ????

John A Roark
May 3rd, 2006, 04:17 PM
Si les docs lui ont donné l'autorisation de taper la balle c'est mieux que non tu bouges pas et tu attends, il y a du mieux. Le déplacement ont verra plus tard, c'est surement des tests pour voir comment sa blessure réagie, Mary était confiante à la Fed cup, là aussi, alors pourquoi pas après tout elle est la mieux placée pour le savoir
Translation, sweetheart? Merci beaucoup!

leviathane
May 3rd, 2006, 04:37 PM
...ok je vais adopter ton optimisme saby... ;)

déjà que le déplacement n'est pas son point fort :eek:
Avec Mary tout reste toujours possible mais là le moins que l'on puisse dire est que sa préparation n'est pas idéale. J'espère qu'elle sera portée par le public, si elle joue :tape:
Moi je préfère m'attendre au pire pour pouvoir n'être qu'agréablement surpris ;)

squig2k
May 3rd, 2006, 04:44 PM
aww :( lets hope she is back with a bang at RG

saby
May 3rd, 2006, 04:47 PM
A melbourne elle été déjà blessée, restons positif, il faut qu'elle reprenne ses appuies, elle le dit elle même " Je sens quelque chose, mais je n’ai pas mal, comme si le pied se réhabituait à vivre"

In melbourne she was already injured, stay positif, she has to stand on her feet first, she said it " i feel something, but i don't feel pain, like if my foot lives again"
If doctors gave her the authorisation to hit the ball it's better than you don't move and you wait, so it means that it's better. The mouvement we will see later, it's probaly some test to see how her foot is reacting, Mary was confident at the Fed cup, here too, so why not she is the best person to know about it.

John A Roark
May 3rd, 2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks, saby, you're one of the best!
I knew I was right to call you a sweetheart!
Take care.

drez
May 3rd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Finalement, de trés bonnes nouvelles!
Four weeks of preparation is great, especially if she's training at Roland Garros while in Paris. Even though I would have liked to see her get some match practice, it may not be so important at this stage in her career (last years clay results weren't that great nor telling of what she is cabable of). On the other hand, considering that she's very religious, her playing in Rome--a miracle as she would refer to it--is all the more possible! She's guaranteed a top seed, so hopefully she find her groove in the early rounds. What's more telling maybe her 'bonne humour,' taht she's positive. That's definetly a good sign. Finally, the long break may actually be a blessing in disguise. She'll certainly be fresh for RG and Wimbledon!

Randy John Andy
May 3rd, 2006, 07:56 PM
I do think it is a positive thing. I mean, she hasn’t played for three months, so I can wait another two weeks or so. I’d definitely love to see her playing next week in Berlin, but still, we know that she’s playing again, and that means that in four or five weeks, she could be ready to play competitive tennis again.

Hopefully, she will be back to her old form in a couple of months, and then she could be a major threat in Wimbledon and the U.S. Open, although I’m thinking too far ahead. ¡Saludos!

sebbe
May 3rd, 2006, 08:16 PM
To bad Mary misses her favourite time of the season.

PLP
May 3rd, 2006, 08:32 PM
Mary! I hope she gets to play RG, maybe she will be well enough to play Strasbourg??

saby
May 3rd, 2006, 08:57 PM
Finalement, de trés bonnes nouvelles!
Four weeks of preparation is great, especially if she's training at Roland Garros while in Paris. Even though I would have liked to see her get some match practice, it may not be so important at this stage in her career (last years clay results weren't that great nor telling of what she is cabable of). On the other hand, considering that she's very religious, her playing in Rome--a miracle as she would refer to it--is all the more possible! She's guaranteed a top seed, so hopefully she find her groove in the early rounds. What's more telling maybe her 'bonne humour,' taht she's positive. That's definetly a good sign. Finally, the long break may actually be a blessing in disguise. She'll certainly be fresh for RG and Wimbledon!

:lol: Mary full of grace.............................Saby :smash:

zibaas
May 3rd, 2006, 09:38 PM
What sucks ????

injuries;

but the news is great, except se will loose those two pre-rg tours ;)

MPStylee
May 4th, 2006, 01:37 AM
I'm just glad she'll be going to the Garros! and it sounds like her foot is getting much better!!!

Hopefully, not playing we'll make her extra hungry for a title! And also she hardly ever has a good preparation on clay.

YAY Mary! ALLLEZ!

Mary's 1st Fan
May 4th, 2006, 06:26 AM
The draw will be determinig! I hope for a good one since Mary is used to having bad ones...Fingers crossed!!

atoutix
May 4th, 2006, 08:33 AM
She seems to be determined to succeed in RG and she is optimistic..i want to believe in that.. ;)