PDA

View Full Version : The Rival Is Reborned Venus Williams Vs. Hingis!!!

santhuruu
May 3rd, 2006, 10:35 AM
Wooowww it's finally there. After years of very good and historic matches and after the pause, it's time for the reborn of this great rivalry. Ladies and Gentlemen get ready for this rivalry!!!

Hingis leads the rivalry but that isn't going to say anything at this moment. Both players have grown since their last meeting.

Say everything what you feel or want to say about this rivalry/the players/ or anything else in this thread!!!

Sevenseas
May 3rd, 2006, 10:37 AM
Welcome back Venus!!!! :bounce: Now, go and take this match!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

MisterQ
May 3rd, 2006, 10:40 AM
:bounce:

V-MAC
May 3rd, 2006, 10:41 AM
Venus and Hingis match is just the tonic the wta tour needs right now. Great to see this great rivalry reborn again :devil: I honestly say that it is 50-50 for both players going into this match. Vee is still a bit rusty, understandably, while Martina is still trying to find her feet on the clay and in my opinion anyway, I thought she'd beat Maria K rather easily in the 1st rounf but was tougher than expected. I just hope Vee prevails though, being a biased fan, I'll give her the edge ;)

MLF
May 3rd, 2006, 10:51 AM
Strange that in Hingis' comeback year that she's the one who comes into this match the more match tight of the two players. I'm hoping for a resounding Venus victory but fear that 2 matches in 5 months isn't going to be enough preparation for her to overcome Hingis at this stage.

Viktymise
May 3rd, 2006, 10:53 AM
I dont think they would feel as strongly about each other as they used to cause they have matured alot since martina retired and all but i still thinks there could be some more sparks flying tomorrow when they play, people are gonna say someting bad about whoever loses (i hope it aint vee of course) but it certainly is something that gives the WTA a real boost, hope its a good match firstly that vee wins but anything could happen out there u just never know but great to see the rivalry being galvanised once again

PLP
May 3rd, 2006, 11:35 AM
I dont think they would feel as strongly about each other as they used to cause they have matured alot since martina retired and all but i still thinks there could be some more sparks flying tomorrow when they play, people are gonna say someting bad about whoever loses (i hope it aint vee of course) but it certainly is something that gives the WTA a real boost, hope its a good match firstly that vee wins but anything could happen out there u just never know but great to see the rivalry being galvanised once again
Yes, they are def. more friendly now than when they were young Divas! Oh the cruelty of the draw! This shouldn't be a 2nd round match and this time next year hopefully it will be a final. I have to go with Martina though, sorry Vee. I think anything could happen in this match though and I wouldn't be surprised, it could be a 3 hour battle or a straight set sweep for either of them. Hopefully we will get a great match!

Could someone with ES please record this for us as I am almost sure it will be broadcast!!

liuxuan
May 3rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
Wooowww it's finally there. After years of very good and historic matches and after the pause, it's time for the reborn of this great rivalry.

!!!

and after a post of historically bad grammar, its now time for your english lessons to recommence

:wavey: :bolt:

SilK
May 3rd, 2006, 12:07 PM
Wooowww it's finally there. After years of very good and historic matches and after the pause, it's time for the reborn of this great rivalry. Ladies and Gentlemen get ready for this rivalry!!!

Hingis leads the rivalry but that isn't going to say anything at this moment. Both players have grown since their last meeting.

Say everything what you feel or want to say about this rivalry/the players/ or anything else in this thread!!!

How come you can spell a word like rivalry correct, but not construct one good sentence in English? :shrug:

SilK
May 3rd, 2006, 12:09 PM
Next to that. It will be GOOD to see the girls play each other.

Though I think this match will be more of a test for Vee, to see where her game is at now than it will be for Martina. Both will be eager to win this. :D

SilK
May 3rd, 2006, 12:10 PM
and after a post of historically bad grammar, its now time for your english lessons to recommence

:wavey: :bolt:

Aaah hell, you beat me to it. :yeah: :lol:

Sharapova's_Boy
May 3rd, 2006, 12:14 PM
Good luck Martina. :worship:

Summer Snow
May 3rd, 2006, 12:38 PM
Kick her ass Venus! :fiery: Deep fry it! I want it well cooked, not well burnt! :mad:

Billabong
May 3rd, 2006, 12:40 PM
GOOOOOOOOOOO MARTINAAAAAAAA:woohoo:!!!!!!!!!

Barlos
May 3rd, 2006, 12:53 PM
I can't wait for the match but I have no idea what to expect. I guess Martina has the edge, she's had a bunch of very good wins this year and has made the later stages of most of her tournaments. Venus has won one match 6-3 6-3 against a 15 year old unknown. That said, Venus is capable of anything, I hope she's prepared well while she's been away. It will be great to see her back on a tennis court again.

vwfan
May 3rd, 2006, 01:03 PM
if Venus had played even two more matches this year, I'd say an easy straight set win. with one match, Martina will be in a position to challenge her. I see an easy first set for Venus, a tough second set that will be up and down, and then who knows. . .?

Il Primo!
May 3rd, 2006, 01:05 PM
Considering that they both play their first tourney on clay,the lack of matches doesn't penalize Venus too much I think :) She has more time to adjust herself and get the rythm

Geisha
May 3rd, 2006, 01:08 PM
In a way, it was Venus and Serena that drove Hingis out of tennis in 2002. This will be their first match against them in 2006, and I think she'll come out more nervous than Venus. Here's how I will break it down:

SURFACE - Hingis
FRESHNESS - Venus
MATCH PLAY - Hingis
POWER - Venus

I think those factors will have a lot to do with the match tomorrow. :D

liuxuan
May 3rd, 2006, 01:09 PM
Kick her ass Venus! :fiery: Deep fry it! I want it well cooked, not well burnt! :mad:

nah.....make it extremely rare.....BLOODY! :fiery: :devil: :banghead:

Il Primo!
May 3rd, 2006, 01:10 PM
In a way, it was Venus and Serena that drove Hingis out of tennis in 2002. This will be their first match against them in 2006, and I think she'll come out more nervous than Venus. Here's how I will break it down:

SURFACE - Hingis
FRESHNESS - Venus
MATCH PLAY - Hingis
POWER - Venus

I think those factors will have a lot to do with the match tomorrow. :D

Absolutely,adding Jen Capriati ;)

santhuruu
May 3rd, 2006, 01:13 PM
Ooh sorry, what did I type down wrong, please say it so that I can change it, thanks in advance!

DutchieGirl
May 3rd, 2006, 01:13 PM
yay - now let's all wait for the board to crash! :devil: ;)

Foot_Fault
May 3rd, 2006, 01:59 PM
Strange that in Hingis' comeback year that she's the one who comes into this match the more match tight of the two players. I'm hoping for a resounding Venus victory but fear that 2 matches in 5 months isn't going to be enough preparation for her to overcome Hingis at this stage.

I agree with an optimistic veiw that Venus will play all holy hell to win this match. They seem to bring out the best in each other, and hey...funny seeing them meet in a 2nd round. LMAO.

Go Girls and Go Venus