PDA

View Full Version : Where are CNNSI Message Boards??

auntie janie
May 21st, 2002, 07:30 PM
I am bereft, lost, despairing! :confused:

irma
May 21st, 2002, 07:34 PM
:wavey:
I think it's gone maybe they are cleaning up and it will be back in a few days, well I hope :sad:

Asmus
May 21st, 2002, 07:38 PM
l haven't seen those message boards for months! I relied on the link from the CNNSI tennis page, but that disappeared ages ago. When was the last time you were on them?

ys
May 21st, 2002, 07:38 PM
I think it is new policy, janie..

cnn.com also dumped their "CNN community"..

Asmus
May 21st, 2002, 07:39 PM
That sucks! l was on those message boards for years! When exactly did this happen, l'm just curious.

Pureracket
May 21st, 2002, 07:39 PM
Irma,
You must have been the rare, bright spot on those boards. You think some of the arguments here can get vicious? The Cnn message boards were downright lewd. LOL!!!!!

Asmus
May 21st, 2002, 07:42 PM
Well, that IS true....but sometimes the bashers could be funny!

irma
May 21st, 2002, 07:42 PM
asmus yesterday, the link was http://boards.cnnsi.com but they deleted the link on the site already a long time ago so the only way to enter is when you knew that or had bookmarket it
I guess we have to rely on sid's board now:)

Asmus
May 21st, 2002, 07:47 PM
Oh I see....thanks. Well, I didn't think those boards were any better than this one here! Hopefully everyone can come here, as there's only a handful of other ones.

irma
May 21st, 2002, 07:49 PM
asmus that's right, especially a certain person who laughed me out very hard before this clayseason started when I said Serena would be a real force on clay this season, he didn't stop even last week to say how much she sucked
I am so happy she(Serena) showed it:D

Asmus
May 21st, 2002, 07:52 PM
LOL...at least it was fun seeing so many people's mean-spirited predictions land flat on their face. I miss having the contests for the slams, and discussing men's tennis a little more often!

auntie janie
May 21st, 2002, 07:55 PM
Asmus, I was last there just yesterday! I have many friends there. :sad: :sad: :sad:

A lot of the sections were awful, but there were terrific posters in Rising New Stars, Martina, Mary Pierce, Anna K, Justine, Kim:) (Hi Irma!!), Amelie, Serena, Venus, Lindsay, and Tim Henman zones, and WTA General Discussions. And I miss them already, they don't all come here.
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

irma
May 21st, 2002, 07:58 PM
http://www.worldcrossing.com/WebX?15@@14@.eef7f13

here you can meet a lot of "old" cnnposters
(I hope sid doesn't mind that I post the link)

auntie janie
May 21st, 2002, 08:29 PM
Thanks, Irma! You just saved me from going through 100 old e-mails to find that URL! :kiss:

Asmus and ys, pls. come too! :) :)

Mark Spruce
May 21st, 2002, 08:32 PM
CNNSI Tennis Boards (http://boards.cnnsi.com/WebX?14@@.ee95107)

regards

Mark

tennis_pIayer
May 21st, 2002, 08:33 PM
Will the boards ever come back?

auntie janie
May 21st, 2002, 08:45 PM
Mark, the link doesn't work. :sad:

T_P, I don't know, but from what ys said here, it doesn't look good. :sad: :sad: :sad:

paigery
May 21st, 2002, 08:48 PM
Hey all, well CNNSI here in D.C. went off the air. The channel said that it was suspending it's operation indefinately. So it may be the message boards disappeared with the channel itself. Sorry guys.

Amanda
May 21st, 2002, 09:08 PM
The message boards are still there. I posted recently. There is a new link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/messages/

There are still a few A-hole posters there, but it has improved a lot.

:wavey:

Justin
May 21st, 2002, 11:11 PM
Tomoaki Nomi and Chris Ip are soo damned annoying. So is that friggin 'nthralled. Good riddance cnnsi.

auntie janie
May 21st, 2002, 11:18 PM
But then, there were the others -- the Tombeaus, the Mark Spruces, the Jason Englisbes, the irmas, the sid suttons, the TomyHs, the Veronique Kambas, the Kathy Robertses, the Ejective Stops, the Mountainchicks, the stephs, the Mary Ells, the Cuties --- so many good friends who made CNNSI so much fun, most of whom do not post here. :sad:

the cat
May 21st, 2002, 11:32 PM
Janie, don't fret too much. You still have these boards, Tennis Weeks, www.tennis4you.com and World Crossing. I think your tennis plate will still be full! ;) Besides, CNNSI never let me join! :mad:

auntie janie
May 21st, 2002, 11:48 PM
Yes, cat, they WERE very selective about getting quality posters only ...

KIDDING!! KIDDING!!! :D :wavey:

Amanda
May 21st, 2002, 11:55 PM
very selective indeed.......:D

the cat
May 22nd, 2002, 02:41 AM
Very funny, Janie! :sad: That's unecessary roughness and a 15 yard penalty! :eek:

Mark Spruce
May 22nd, 2002, 02:42 AM
HELLO janie

I am here now, have been for a few months. Of course i hang out in the Mary forum allot. I have just been to the CNNSI boards and the link that I posted is the one i go to to enter my UserName and Passwd before i go to the tennis message boards.

take care

Mark

irma
May 22nd, 2002, 05:04 AM
It's back:D

irma
May 22nd, 2002, 05:26 AM
the cat to enter cnn it costs fighting spirit and patience, you have to prove you are able the handle the challenge;)

Beige
May 22nd, 2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by clocker
Irma,
You must have been the rare, bright spot on those boards. You think some of the arguments here can get vicious? The Cnn message boards were downright lewd. LOL!!!!!

I couldn't agree more! I thought CNN/SI's board was shut down completely but I guess it's still around. That was the first board that told me how many frustrated people there are that frequent the internet. The really pernicious members would keep all their day-to-day anger pent up and take a huge dump on the board, lashing out at everyone. I know some of the shit was posted for dramatic effect and was even funny on some level but the majority of the flamebaiting was pretty ugly. This board is a breath of fresh air in comparison. Yeah, there's crap here, too, but it's so low brow compared to CNN/SI.

auntie janie
May 22nd, 2002, 11:34 AM
Goody! Today I can get in too. Thanks, everybody!

RAA
May 22nd, 2002, 02:08 PM
I agree, that board seemed very MEAN. plus, I tried to register about 10 times and the registration process never worked.
so I figured, if they didn't want my pearls of wisdom, that was their loss!
;)

the cat
May 23rd, 2002, 12:17 AM
irma, I've tried to register several times. All for naught! :( That board is also a tough read compared to this one. That's for sure!

Nan Cu
May 23rd, 2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by the cat
irma, I've tried to register several times. All for naught! :( That board is also a tough read compared to this one. That's for sure!

CNNSI won't allow you to register with a yahoo or hotmail e-mail address.