PDA

View Full Version : BBC interactive to show as much as Eurosport!

bluepastures
Apr 28th, 2006, 03:35 PM
From the BBC website

"The French Open will be live on BBC Interactive.

For the first time BBC Interactive will allow digital TV viewers to watch action from matches for the entire duration of the event.

Coverage begins on 29 May and runs right through until the 11 June from 0800-1800 (approx) every day. Digital TV viewers should press the red button on their remote at any time during live action from Roland Garros in order to access the service. "

In previous years, BBC have just shown the singles finals live. Whilst of course British Eurosport will have lots of coverage, it is sometimes marred by having to break off for other events. The article doesn't make it clear if there will be any choice of courts. This does seem to indicate an increased commitment by the BBC to tennis, following their live coverage of the Australian open evening sessions.

champion88
May 2nd, 2006, 10:31 PM
yeh they had the 2nd week of RG last year- but good that will have it all this year. I think there is no choice- it will either be a match from Chatrier or Lenglen Court depending on who they put on

Steveg
May 3rd, 2006, 06:20 PM
www.france2.fr website had matches on several courts on PPV.
Or the possibility to subscribe for a week (or two) and be able to select which court to watch (there was a choice among several outside courts besides the "usual" Philippe Chatrier, Suzanne Lenglen and Court 1).

TheBoiledEgg
May 3rd, 2006, 06:33 PM
as long as they show different matches to ES in week 1 it will be good.

i dont want the same stuff on both :o

TheBoiledEgg
May 3rd, 2006, 06:35 PM
In previous years, BBC have just shown the singles finals live. Whilst of course British Eurosport will have lots of coverage, it is sometimes marred by having to break off for other events. The article doesn't make it clear if there will be any choice of courts. This does seem to indicate an increased commitment by the BBC to tennis, following their live coverage of the Australian open evening sessions.

BBC have had FULL rights to Aus Open and Roland Garros for years, but had no-where to show the stuff :o

hopefully they will show Aus Open in full in 2007.

bluepastures
May 23rd, 2006, 10:28 AM
In my TV magazine (TV & Satellite week), it says that BBCi's coverage will be from "10am - 7pm" which does make more sense than what is said on the BBC website.

konijntje_00
May 23rd, 2006, 12:36 PM
Is the digital tv also available abroad? I'm in Belgium and have Digiatal TV too, but can I also see BBC interactive?

bluepastures
May 23rd, 2006, 01:55 PM
I'm not sure if BBCi is available abroad. If you get any of the BBC channels on your tv system, try pressing the red button on your controller. If it comes up with the more advanced digital teletext, you might well be able to get BBCi (which is only used for certain programmes, like sport or extra features on news / documentaries).