PDA

View Full Version : obsession with looks

babywhale
May 20th, 2002, 11:03 PM
this is getting really sad now

the French Open is a week away, the top-6 are about to change ranks (almost certain), yet we've got all these superficial threads around.........

angele87
May 20th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by babywhale
this is getting really sad now

the French Open is a week away, the top-6 are about to change ranks (almost certain), yet we've got all these superficial threads around.........

You're right... I'm glad you're doing your part though by ignoring these threads... oops, nevermind, you're posting in them. Well at least you're only saying positive stuff and not bashing any of the players... no wait, there I go again, you're not doing that either :confused:

Fingon
May 20th, 2002, 11:11 PM
looks rule

babywhale
May 20th, 2002, 11:16 PM
angele87: you just don't get it.........

when people start threads like "is Kim fat?" then I'll give my opinion, even if some people don't like it. i always will be true to myself. if someone asked: is JenCap flabby then I'll give my opinion, okay? my opion was that she has some flab and would improve her mobility if she lost it.

But, if you're seeking to blame somebody, the blame lies with people who started the thread, not debated in it (you also took part, giving your opinion - "no".

and talking about whose sexiest, who's ugliest etc. is even more superficial than talking about weight/shape/fitness. At least weight (like height) relates to tennis performance and style of play.

it's too bad that weight has become a tennis taboo.

HAIL-VENUS
May 20th, 2002, 11:23 PM
I like to admire good looks while I'm watching a tennis match. It makes it exciting and fun. Plus, I'm a perv.:wavey:

babywhale
May 20th, 2002, 11:28 PM
nothing wrong with that at all. I love to watch some players for that reason. But that doesn't mean threads such as "is he/she better looking than..." or "who's the ugliest........" will get very far.

it's all subjective. and though questions such as "who's backhand is best" is also subjective, it is tennis-related.

i agree though that looks do influence me. Bring on Alex C, Guga, Kiefer, Robredo.............

Freefall
May 20th, 2002, 11:30 PM
Today is just a slow news day & everyone's pumped waiting for RG!! :D

angele87
May 20th, 2002, 11:51 PM
angele87: you just don't get it.........

But, if you're seeking to blame somebody, the blame lies with people who started the thread, not debated in it (you also took part, giving your opinion - "no".

I'm not blaming anybody and I know I also posted in it but there's two differences between you and me.

One is that you posted negatively therefore encouring people to say bad things about players. Me, I posted positively because of course when some people (like YOU) start bashing my favorite player I'm not going to just stand by and watch Kimmie get insulted. Also if everybody in that thread had attacked the notion of players being fat then the poster who started that thread would think twice about bashing players based on looks where as now that he or she knows that some people (like YOU) agree with them they will continue with their non sense.

The second difference is that yes, I posted in that thread but I didn't start another thread saying how sad the thread I encouraged is :confused: If you don't like a thread and think it's sad, ignore it or if you don't ignore it don't start another thread saying how sad that thread is because you agreed with it.

Oh and this is totally different but I've been meaning to ask you, what do you have against Kim :confused:

babywhale
May 20th, 2002, 11:54 PM
i've never seen kim play. i have nothing against her. she has bad taste in men though - lleyton is really bad news.

angele87
May 21st, 2002, 12:24 AM
:eek: :eek: You've never seen her play? Well that's kind of shocking to be quite honest because I remember you writing a message about Kim being ranked too high and that she should be brought down to earth or something... And I'm not going to even comment on Lletyon since I adore him and I adore them as a couple and that would just start another arguement....

Sam L
May 21st, 2002, 02:03 PM
Talking about looks what are you doing to that poor girl Jelena's face in your avatars? :eek: :eek: :eek: LOL

babywhale
May 21st, 2002, 02:26 PM
get yourself a better graphics card. Jelena's looking better than ever IMO

katrientje
May 21st, 2002, 02:46 PM
All the other pictures look good and yours is really akward and ugly, but hey... Jelena looks great but not in your avatar
Maybe it looks good in your dimension ;-)

per4ever
May 21st, 2002, 04:50 PM
get yourself a better graphics card. Jelena's looking better than ever IMO
I would choose it as the ugliest avatar on the board ;)...Jelena is a rather pretty girl..but not in your avatar :eek:

babywhale
May 21st, 2002, 04:57 PM
i think you're being mean to Jelena. Jelena is always intense when hitting her shots, and it shows in her face very clearly. She has large eyes and her lips really are pouted on contact.

that's not ugly. that's girl power. and that shouldn't be hidden for the sake of it not being a "traditionally feminine" look.

katrientje
May 21st, 2002, 05:05 PM
I am really starting to think that you have a weird graphic card, in your avatar jelena looks like an ugly cartooncaracter.
Its' not a normal picture.
For the last time Jelena is pretty, but not in your avatar (and that has nothing to do with her mouth)