PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Perry's First Book Tops Best-Seller List

Rocketta
Apr 22nd, 2006, 03:09 AM
Perry's First Book Tops Best-Seller List

Thu Apr 20, 6:27 PM ET

Tyler Perry playwright, producer and performer may be the unlikely heir to Howard Stern's self-proclaimed throne of "king of all media."

Perry's first book, "Don't Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings: Madea's Uninhibited Commentaries on Love and Life," will debut atop The New York Times' nonfiction best-seller list, it was announced Thursday.

In late February, Perry's movie "Madea's Family Reunion," reigned at the box-office, opening at No. 1 and raking in over $30 million. It went on to make over $62 million domestically despite mixed reviews. His previous film, "Diary of a Mad Black Woman," also performed well at the box office.

The 36-year-old Perry built his fame touring plays in which he also starred. No matter his medium, Perry's staple character has been the wisecracking, gun-totting grandmother, Madea Simmons.

In the book, which Riverhead Books released in hardcover on April 11, Perry writes in the voice of Madea, sharing observations and advice. It will appear on the April 30 New York Times list of best sellers, the publisher said.

"I'm really happy for the loyalty and continued support of my fans," Perry said in a statement.

___

On the Net:

http://www.tylerperry.com/

Rocketta
Apr 22nd, 2006, 03:10 AM
Tyler Perry is on Fire.....I'm predicting him to be the richest gay celeb in America. :D

Rocketta
Apr 22nd, 2006, 03:11 AM
oh wait, maybe that's Tom Cruise. :p

Had to go ahead and say that so y'all wouldn't feel like you have to. :hatoff:

Dana Marcy
Apr 22nd, 2006, 06:47 PM
Tyler Perry is on Fire.....I'm predicting him to be the richest gay celeb in America. :D

:haha: You aint right! :p

:hatoff: to Tyler and :lol: to all yawl who :rolleyes: at the chitlin circuit. :ras:

Rocketta
Apr 22nd, 2006, 06:53 PM
:haha: You aint right! :p

:hatoff: to Tyler and to all yawl who :rolleyes: at the chitlit circuit. :ras:

;)