PDA

View Full Version : New Dixie Chicks single, "Not Ready To Make Nice"-thoughts?

CoryAnnAvants#1
Apr 21st, 2006, 03:13 AM
I like the song, although they're definitely moving in the rock ballad direction with it. It's pretty moody at times, especially in the beginning.

The lyrics to this song though are extremely ballsy. It's all about the scandal they had with the Bush comment at one of their shows. Here's a sample of some of the lyrics.

"I made my bed and I sleep like a baby."

"It turned my whole world upside down and I kinda like it."

"I'm not ready to make nice. I'm not ready to back down. I'm still mad as hell and I don't have time to go round and round."

"How can my words send somebody so over the edge/that they'd write me a letter telling me I better shut up and sing or my life will be over."

What do you guys think of it? It's not as commercial as some of their past stuff, but I could see it being a slow burning hit.

Vaidisova
Apr 21st, 2006, 03:41 AM
I really like the song and the video is good too. I'm excited for the album, can't wait to get it!

The song isn't doing well on Country radio, but it is #5 on iTunes. :)

John A Roark
Apr 21st, 2006, 03:47 AM
The song isn't doing well on Country radio
That's because those of us of the Country/Western world don't consider them country. Like Shania, KD Lang, and their ilk, they're pop in masquerade.
Go away, Chixie Dicks.

AjdeNate!
Apr 21st, 2006, 04:50 AM
Loves it. It has 26 plays on my iTunes already. :cool:

``I probably wouldn't if I could.....``

TennisFan75
Apr 21st, 2006, 01:29 PM
great song, and a great way to continue to stand up for themselves :worship:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 21st, 2006, 01:50 PM
I liked that the Dixie Chicks didn't back down.
I always loved them. They've always been a group to look up to.

Volcana
Apr 21st, 2006, 10:18 PM
The song isn't doing well on Country radio,
That's because those of us of the Country/Western world don't consider them country. Like Shania, KD Lang, and their ilk, they're pop in masquerade.
Go away, Chixie Dicks.And yet, they used to well on the C/W charts. Doesn't this seem, at least a bit, like an unforgiving old fan base, combined with a new fan base. A lot of their old fans were definitely pissed at their comments about Bush. But is it not possible that a lot of people who'd never giving them a listen before, are giving them a listen now BECAUSE of those comments?
it is #5 on iTunes.
It would be kind of funny if thier record sales woulnd up exactly the same, only to a whole different bunch of people.

And by the way, kd lang may now be C/W, but she sure isn't pop. She really should have been born in the big band era.

tennisboi
Apr 21st, 2006, 11:13 PM
IMO great song

joepike
Apr 21st, 2006, 11:27 PM
I like the song, although they're definitely moving in the rock ballad direction with it. It's pretty moody at times, especially in the beginning.

The lyrics to this song though are extremely ballsy. It's all about the scandal they had with the Bush comment at one of their shows. Here's a sample of some of the lyrics.

"I made my bed and I sleep like a baby."

"It turned my whole world upside down and I kinda like it."

"I'm not ready to make nice. I'm not ready to back down. I'm still mad as hell and I don't have time to go round and round."

"How can my words send somebody so over the edge/that they'd write me a letter telling me I better shut up and sing or my life will be over."

What do you guys think of it? It's not as commercial as some of their past stuff, but I could see it being a slow burning hit.

I don't like these chicks.
Didn't they support Saddam and his brutal regime?

CoryAnnAvants#1
Apr 22nd, 2006, 06:29 AM
I don't like these chicks.
Didn't they support Saddam and his brutal regime?

No, not at all. They're totally opposed to the war.

And...*bump*

Haute
Apr 22nd, 2006, 06:46 AM
When it first starts out, the vocals and instrumentals remind me of 'Godspeed.' But overall it evokes their first album I think.

Pretty powerful lyrics though, like the one about how Natalie better shut up sing or her life will be over. I think it's pretty sad that has happened to them, because it shows how some people here define freedom of expression.

joepike
Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:38 AM
No, not at all. They're totally opposed to the war.

And...*bump*

But they didn't want Saddam to be removed, did they?