PDA

View Full Version : Hoops' "Momo thinks Hingis is cute" thread disappeared

treufreund
May 20th, 2002, 10:37 PM
What happened to that thread? Did you delete it Hoops? What is Tennis Weekly magazine. You said that you read in an article that Amelie likes Martina and that she is misunderstood but that she has not forgiven Lindsay Davenport.

I think Lindsay was the one who made the comments first and was just being a spoil sport cuz she lost. Interestingly enough it was always HINGIS who was constantly being targeted for her comments and not DAVENPORT. I always find that quite unfair.

irma
May 20th, 2002, 10:40 PM
Lindsay said she was hard to play, Martina said she is her with her gf so she is half a man(heard it on tv so I know that were her exact words) that's a big difference :rolleyes:

Fingon
May 20th, 2002, 10:40 PM
I hope hoops follows the thread

Deira
May 20th, 2002, 10:44 PM
Lindsay apologized for her comments. Martina didn't.

treufreund
May 20th, 2002, 10:45 PM
You are right Irma but Lindsay was sulking and complaining about all of Momo's topspin. only after that was Martina questioned. Martina was definitely out of line IMO (and I am a huge fan of hers but also a gay man!) but I detect absolutely no animosity now between Amelie and Martina. I have always really like Amelie and Steffi and all this "bad blood" between them is Hingis is BULLSHIAT IMO. Martina has had a lot of nice things to say about them. It's just the Hingis haters who even admit that they cannot forgive her yet the players themselves have. it's just like bringing up the whole Serena-ASV incident or Irina Spirlea or Capriati or Dementieve vs. Venus. OLD NEWS!

Fingon
May 20th, 2002, 10:47 PM
uh!!!

again with the Martina-Amelie-Lindsay love triangle.

That happened over 3 years ago:sad: :sad: :sad:

treufreund
May 20th, 2002, 10:50 PM
Martina may very well not have apologized but showed her warmness to Amelie on more than one occasion. Perhaps Amelie believed that Lindsay only apologized for the cameras and did not like that. Maybe behind the scenes things aren't so rosy.

Also maybe none of this is even true about there being an article at all. But I did just wish to say that Amelie has great taste in general so of course she will like Martina, who according to Monica and Jenn, is the most popular #1 amongst the other tour players. I have watched several of Martina's matches against Amelie and there seems to be a lot of respect there. Martina made her mistakes but I am sick of her being held to a different standard that Jenn, Lindsay or any other player.

HAIL-VENUS
May 20th, 2002, 10:52 PM
I agree with Fingon. I, too, hope Hoops is next to be deleted.:wavey:

irma
May 20th, 2002, 10:57 PM
lucky martina grew up so it's indeed time to let the past behind!
I hope she recovers soon from her surgery:)

mishar
May 20th, 2002, 10:58 PM
I have come to like Martina quite a lot, and I do think she gets a bad rap for a lot of things unfairly, but her comments back in 1999 were really indefensible, much worse than what Lindsay said.
However, I don't hold it against her. She was young, and it was stupid, but I'm not going to hold it against her forever.

I doubt that she and Amelie are very chummy. Amelie never exactly said anything nasty about Martina, but she made it clear that they were not friendly, and that she resented how Martina behaved. I read her journal on her website and she has criticized Martina several times since then (for example, last year at Wimbledon, for blaming her back injury after she lost to Ruano-Pascual)

I'm not attacking Martina, but it's quite clear to me that if anyone on the tour dislikes Martina, it is Amelie.

griffin
May 20th, 2002, 11:22 PM
Hoops' thread got deleted because a) it was a bogus story being passed of as real and b) it seemed to be an attempt to scrape up arguments over comments that happened 3 years ago now, which didn't seem fair to Amelie, Lindsay or Martina (who probably put that whole thing behind them a heck of a lot faster than we all have)

Bella
May 20th, 2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by HAIL-VENUS
I, too, hope Hoops is next to be deleted.:wavey:

Y'all are gettin' blood-thirsty.