PDA

View Full Version : George wants to join the iPod shuffle thread ;)

fnuf7
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Hehe :lol: ;)

Sadly I think most of his music choice is actually quite cool in some cases :tape: Oh dear...;)

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20060417/george-bush-has-illegal-music-on-his-ipod/

Or there's another link here:
http://www.rondante.com/PresidentBush_Archies.html

However, he's not setting the best example for all those nefarious illegal cd-ripping scoundrels out there... ;)

Rocketta
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:47 PM
How is it illegal if he owns the cd version of the music? You are allowed to make a copy of your own personal music for yourself? :scratch:

fnuf7
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Ah but I believe that the RIAA stated that ripping from a cd was illegal regardless if it was just for your own personal use or not or if you had legally bought the cd, thus with George having The Beatles on his iPod (which are not available through any official Apple means) he would technically be classed as having illegally ripped them from a cd...;)

However, I must congratulate him for picking The Beatles since they are simply amazing :yeah:

Rocketta
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:58 PM
ah why would the Riaa allow real player, itunes, Media player et all to record albums for playback on computers as standard practice if it was illegal to rip one's own personal cd? :scratch:

Bacardi
Apr 20th, 2006, 11:02 PM
You're allowed to rip any CD's you personally own, so long as you don't share them. But ripping them and moving them to a portable device is allowed. Otherwise, Ipods would not be as popular as they are.

fnuf7
Apr 20th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Indeed I've always asked that question, specifically to do with tv, why would they even create the 'record' button if it was illegal to record a tv program?! :shrug: I know that recording the radio is technically illegal in some countries so god knows why the record button/record facilities exist...still I love them and live off them ;)

CondiLicious
Apr 20th, 2006, 11:37 PM
So he doesn't have any Dixie Chicks????