PDA

View Full Version : Belgian gays can now adopt!

^bibi^
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Senate just voted, and the law passed with only one vote mor in favor of it, so it's official. From now on, belgian gay couples can adopt!!!

Let's cheer :p

:banana: :banana:

yellowcard
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I just read it too, great!!

Helen Lawson
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Congrats, hon! Where I live, it's still illegal, by statute! :sad:

-Ph51-
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:52 PM
In theory. In practice it won't work.

smiler
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Hooray! :aparty:

Scotso
Apr 20th, 2006, 08:00 PM
:banana:

-Ph51-
Apr 20th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Don't forget that although that law was voted, conditions allowing adoption on the other hand were made much more severe...so...
And the next prime minister will most probably be a christian democrat. ;)

nicky
Apr 20th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Great! :D Hadn't heared yet. I don't think though many gay couples will be able to adopt "strange" children, because the procedure is so strict, and "normal" couples will most likely get preference.
But still it's very important for gay/lesbian couples that the partner can adopt the natural child of the other. So if anything happens, the kid can't be taken away by family, or in case of divorce, one cannot deny the other to see the child.

timafi
Apr 20th, 2006, 08:51 PM
congrats folks :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

LefandePatty
Apr 20th, 2006, 09:17 PM
H-O-W D-U-M-B ! :retard:

Tennisballova
Apr 20th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Congrats!!!!

CooCooCachoo
Apr 20th, 2006, 09:23 PM
H-O-W D-U-M-B ! :retard:

:lol: :cuckoo: ;)

Congrats to the Belgian homosexual community! It's a big step in a long journey.

griffin
Apr 20th, 2006, 09:29 PM
:lol: :cuckoo: ;)

Congrats to the Belgian homosexual community! It's a big step in a long journey.

Bit of a step for Belgian hets, too ;)

gentenaire
Apr 20th, 2006, 09:31 PM
At last, this should have been allowed from the start.

Elske
Apr 21st, 2006, 08:56 PM
:D *happy* :D

CooCooCachoo
Apr 21st, 2006, 09:06 PM
:D *happy* :D

Now get adopting ;) :lol:

schris
Apr 21st, 2006, 09:30 PM
I don`t see here any reason to celebrate :o I don`t like this idea at all!!!

Brαm
Apr 21st, 2006, 09:36 PM
I don`t see here any reason to celebrate :o I don`t like this idea at all!!!
So because you don't like this idea other people cannot celebrate the fact that gay people can now adopt children too? :tape:

*celebrates* :D :dance:

meyerpl
Apr 21st, 2006, 09:39 PM
It's about time the idea became universal. Gays and lesbians shouldn't get to dodge the parenthood bullet forever. Come on, shoulder the fuckin' yoke like the rest of us. You've had it too easy for too long with your double-income-no-kids status. Get with the program.
I just heard that some guy in Malaysia received a phone bill for over 218 trillion dollars. (I'm not making this up.) The guy obviously has teenage daughters. Should gays and lesbians be able to adopt kids? You're godamn right they should. Why should gays and lesbians get to go through life with no chance of getting a 218 trillion dollar phone bill? They shouldn't!! I have nothing against gays and lesbians, it's just that misery loves company. End of story.

CooCooCachoo
Apr 21st, 2006, 10:52 PM
So because you don't like this idea other people cannot celebrate the fact that gay people can now adopt children too? :tape:

*celebrates* :D :dance:

:yeah:

Exactly. I am not a big fan of gay marriage, but I am still happy for them if they want to get married :yeah:

In fact, I am not a big fan of marriage in general :scratch: :p

Elske
Apr 21st, 2006, 10:54 PM
Now get adopting ;) :lol:
yeah! mmm how do i get my gf pregnant without her noticing it? :confused: :D

James
Apr 21st, 2006, 11:38 PM
Good thing :yeah:

CooCooCachoo
Apr 21st, 2006, 11:42 PM

Hmm. I have never been good with the female reproductive organ. I guess that is why I became gay :shrug:

I hope someone else can help you out ;)

James
Apr 21st, 2006, 11:43 PM

I think the thing would be for you to adopt one, not to let one of you make one of your own. :lol:

^bibi^
Apr 22nd, 2006, 07:49 AM

Get her drunk and make her believe she was kidnapped by Aliens who implanted a child in her ? :tape:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:04 AM
:yeah:

gentenaire
Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:06 AM

You could get pregnant yourself. And then you'd get to choose the name. "Hey, I'm carrying this baby, so Amélie it is!"

Martian Jeza
Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:18 AM
With a very short majority of the vote in the senate ! I still have my doubts about Gays adopting children : In Belgium they went way too fast about gays issues ! But this only is my opinion. Gay wedding, why not , I wasn't against this but at adopting children I've my doubts : I'm neutral at this issue.

~ The Leopard ~
Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:46 AM
At last, this should have been allowed from the start.

Agreed.

The Crow
Apr 22nd, 2006, 09:43 AM
Nice step in the right direction :)

pla
Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:56 AM
Cool, it was way too stupid to live in a couple with children that were under the responsability of one of the couple. Now everyone can have equal responsabilities and rights.

And as for adopting children not related to the couple. It's easy, first the one adopt it as a signle parent and then the other adopt it too :). I am sure lots of kids will find loving and peaceful place to live and cherish calm life with that law :yeah: