PDA

View Full Version : NBC News Reveals Duke University Rape Accuser's Identity

lizchris
Apr 19th, 2006, 11:18 PM
http://images.ibsys.com/2006/0419/8830579_400X300.jpg

Her identity was blocked on the Drudge Report

RVD
Apr 19th, 2006, 11:32 PM
...and it'll be just a matter of time before they reveal the rest of the information. Or let the information 'accidentally' leak to the public. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, it's just a matter of time.

It's amazing what money buys you. :mad:

lizchris
Apr 19th, 2006, 11:48 PM
...and it'll be just a matter of time before they reveal the rest of the information. Or let the information 'accidentally' leak to the public. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, it's just a matter of time.

It's amazing what money buys you. :mad:

You can say what you want aobut Kobe Bryant, but even his defense team didn't stoop this low; the tabloids did it for them.:rolleyes:

tucker1989
Apr 19th, 2006, 11:50 PM
I saw that picture on the today show this morning, and in it she is smiling for some reason (it is supposedly after the rape occured)

Rocketta
Apr 19th, 2006, 11:56 PM
the problem with pictures are that they are 1/1000th to 1/64th of a second of time......and are very misleading...for example two people can be pecking each other on the lips but the picture will look like something much more. :eek: So the 'seems to be smiling pic' is nothing more than playing politics and apparently the media is giving the defence the forum to try this case in the public forum. I don't understand it. You have all this strong evidence? After you discredit the prosecution's case, you ask the judge to drop the charges...you don't use the media to try to put pressure on the DA's office to drop the case??? It's not like it's in the DA's best interest to drop it after having filed the charges?

lizchris
Apr 19th, 2006, 11:59 PM
the problem with pictures are that they are 1/1000th to 1/64th of a second of time......and are very misleading...for example two people can be pecking each other on the lips but the picture will look like something much more. :eek: So the 'seems to be smiling pic' is nothing more than playing politics and apparently the media is giving the defence the forum to try this case in the public forum. I don't understand it. You have all this strong evidence? After you discredit the prosecution's case, you ask the judge to drop the charges...you don't use the media to try to put pressure on the DA's office to drop the case??? It's not like it's in the DA's best interest to drop it after having filed the charges?

I do.

The accuser is black, the accused are white and the media (as a whole) don't believe that black women can be victms of rape by white men. That's it.

RVD
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:11 AM
I do.

The accuser is black, the accused are white and the media (as a whole) don't believe that black women can be victms of rape by white men. That's it. :worship: :worship: This is the very reason I replied the way I did in a related thread. Because whenever a black/white issue comes up, the media goes into overdrive to paint the black individual in a negative light. ALWAYS! :fiery:

They should just allow the goddamn court system decide through presented evidence if these guys are guilty or innocent.
All this media BS is pissing me off to no end. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

RVD
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:13 AM
*takes deeeeeep breath*

O.K. I'm fine now. :lol:

lizchris
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:17 AM
:worship: :worship: This is the very reason I replied the way I did in a related thread. Because whenever a black/white issue comes up, the media goes into overdrive to paint the black individual in a negative light. ALWAYS! :fiery:

They should just allow the goddamn court system decide through presented evidence if these guys are guilty or innocent.
All this media BS is pissing me off to no end. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

There is little chance in hell this case will make it to a courtroom. This is just the beginning for this alleged victim. I expect to find out her name and where she lives by the end of tomorrow.

Wigglytuff
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:29 AM
I saw that picture on the today show this morning, and in it she is smiling for some reason (it is supposedly after the rape occured)
rape is horrible but it doesnt mean you cant ever smile for the rest of your life.

RVD
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:30 AM
There is little chance in hell this case will make it to a courtroom. This is just the beginning for this alleged victim. I expect to find out her name and where she lives by the end of tomorrow.Chances are very remote that this will see the inside of a courtroom.

The D.A. will make a deal to drop the charges in exchange for the elites' political support. The girl will be made to look like the shameless antagonist. And money will be spent to paint this as yet another woman screaming rape where no rape occurred.
I have a feeling that before all is said and done, Durham may suffer a riot. I hope not. But according to news articles, tensions are on the rise there.

Scotso
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:37 AM
I do.

The accuser is black, the accused are white and the media (as a whole) don't believe that black women can be victms of rape by white men. That's it.

Sorry, but that's bullshit. Claiming that the media (as a whole) is racist is ridiculous.

Scotso
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:38 AM
The reason the media is giving them a forum? Ratings. They're not going to not report on things while their competitors get more viewers.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Chances are very remote that this will see the inside of a courtroom.

The D.A. will make a deal to drop the charges in exchange for the elites support. The girl will be made to look like the shameless antagonist. And money will be spent to paint this as yet another woman screaming rape where no rape occurred.
I have a feeling that before all is said and done, Durham may suffer a riot. I hope not. But according to news articles, tensions are on the rise there.

I hope they do riot.
This way the media doesn't have to do anything but show unedited footage.
There won't have to be any conspiracy theory to back why certain minorities just gave the media what they supposedly want, to put blacks in a negative light.
Overreacting in a violent fashion is never the answer, it's the problem.

RVD
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:40 AM
I saw that picture on the today show this morning, and in it she is smiling for some reason (it is supposedly after the rape occured)Personally, the pictures tell me very little. And if I were the defense, I'd certainly be careful in relying on them to exculpate my clients. The problem I see is in those huge time gaps betwen photos.

On the other hand, if they were in possession of time-stamped video footage...? :shrug:

Infiniti2001
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:42 AM
From day one this fucktard John Abraham of NBC has been trying to discredit the woman :rolleyes: I'm happy she came forward because I'm sure those lacrosse fratboys were high-fiving each other with what they were getting away with they thought:rolleyes:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Sorry, but that's bullshit. Claiming that the media (as a whole) is racist is ridiculous.

It's not particularly a surprise considering some of these people believe there are conspiracy theories in things such as American Idol.

RVD
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:48 AM
I hope they do riot.
There won't have to be any conspiracy theory to back why certain minorities just gave the media what they supposedly want, to put blacks in a negative light.
Overreacting in a violent fashion is never the answer, it's the problem.I for one don't hope they riot. But the reports I hear are troubling.

I hope it's nothing more than overblown media hype [like it usually is]. However, with cases such as these, the underlying emotions that already exist, are usually sparked by these types of incidences.
The D.A. had better be cognizant of rising emotions though. This thing could get out of hand in an instant.

Incidentally, I was talking about a race riot where BOTH 'sides' are involved.

Rocketta
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Incidentally, I was talking about a race riot where BOTH 'sides' are involved.

pssst, ReeVee hadn't you heard only black people riot. :secret:

:rolleyes:

RVD
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Sorry, but that's bullshit. Claiming that the media (as a whole) is racist is ridiculous.I believe what lizchris is referring to is 'institutionalized racism'. In which case, liz definitely has a point.
But as the 'whole' of the media being racist...? :shrug:

I will say this though...
To hear the major media outlets tell it, the woman is the one to blame in all of this. Doesn't that raise a question in your mind?

RVD
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:55 AM
pssst, ReeVee hadn't you heard only black people riot. :secret:

:rolleyes::lol: Yeah, that was quite the odd reply.

I wonder where that was coming from. :shrug:

lizchris
Apr 20th, 2006, 12:57 AM

Expalin to me the last case where a white woman claimed she was raped by a black man and the media did all it could to discredit her (and don't say Kobe Bryant because most in the media took her side).

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Yes. So odd.
I'm wondering what a certain group would get out of rioting in THIS case.
I don't recall ever saying black people only riot.
Rich/poor, black/white, corrupt police vs. election year DA, UNC vs. Duke.
Some of yall won't be satisfied until Duke is burned to the ground.

Rocketta
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:13 AM
The reason the media is giving them a forum? Ratings. They're not going to not report on things while their competitors get more viewers.

Does every individual involved in the media have issues with race, of course not but unfortunately race does and has always played a role in how crimes are presented in the media. There are many academic articles on this subject if you would like me to forward them to your email I will but for now I'll just give my personal example of when I was a student in Raleigh, wral is in Raleigh. Anyway, for my interracial communication class we had to do a study on media. What we did was as a group we watched all the local news. Morning, noon and night. We split the channels up to individuals and then some watched the morning news and some watched the night news, etc. We noted if a criminal was black, white or other; we noted if the victim was black, white or other; we then noted if a picture was shown of the criminal, if a picture was shown of the victim, what kind of picture was shown, who did the reporters choose to talk to in certain cases.

We then met talked about what we found and I'd never seen a more depressed group of people, especially the white people because they couldn't deny it, they never would've guessed it but it was appaling the difference in coverage between a white criminal and a black criminal, white victim and a black victim. This was back in the early 90's. Has it gotten better, I think so does that mean it's gotten to the point where it's not an issue....no not even close.

Infiniti2001
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Okay wait a minute!! I was just channel surfing and came upon Nancy Grace's show on CNN Headline News. The lady sitting in for her mentioned something about a broom handle :eek: Has anyone else heard this?? No wonder DNA was not found :rolleyes:

P.S. there are people going on about how good the 2 boys are---but good boys don't hire strippers where I'm from :rolleyes:

lizchris
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Okay wait a minute!! I was just channel surfing and came upon Nancy Grace's show on CNN Headline News. The lady sitting in for her mentioned something about a broom handle :eek: Has anyone else heard this?? No wonder DNA was not found :rolleyes:

P.S. there are people going on about how good the 2 boys are---but good boys don't hire strippers where I'm from :rolleyes:

Yes, I heard about that the first day the case came to light.

RVD
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Yes. So odd.
I'm wondering what a certain group would get out of rioting in THIS case.HUH?! What do you mean? Why not just ask a direct question so there is no misunderstand? And people don't get anything out of riots. Riots are emotional reactions to percieved or justified injustices. In this case, I made a reference to the existence of longstanding, underlying, racial tension.I don't recall ever saying black people only riot.
Rich/poor, black/white, corrupt police vs. election year DA, UNC vs. Duke.
Some of yall won't be satisfied until Duke is burned to the ground.I hope they do riot.
Overreacting in a violent fashion is never the answer, it's the problem.What did you mean by that statement? Did you mean rich whites?
Again, why not just say what you mean to eliminate confusion? :shrug:

venus_rulez
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:32 AM
There are some women who do lie about being raped. Why they do it? I have no idea, but jumping to the conclusion that these boys did it, especially when the evidence is far from supporting her claim, is just as ridiculous, sad, and unfortunate, as jumping to conclusions based on the race of any victim or alleged attacker. And I say that as a young black male who realizes that sometimes the "man", media, or universe is not always out to get Black people. And I also don't have a problem with her identity being exposed. She's attacking these boys in the public, and the DA's office has waited so that all the boys (except the lone black male on the team obviously) have had to deal with the speculation that they could be the alleged rapist. If you're going to call someone out on something, you better be willing to show your face.

Infiniti2001
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:36 AM
I don't care what anyone says, but the way the whole case has been handled is suspect. I'm convinced that the authorities wouldn't have even BOTHERED with DNA testing if it had been a white girl attacked at a black fraternity. They would have just arrested everyone of them in a New York minute :rolleyes:

Stamp Paid
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Its funny.

I bet you the same people who refused to give Kobe the benefit of the doubt are now giving these Lacross boys the definite benefit of the doubt. And vice versa.

lizchris
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:44 AM
There are some women who do lie about being raped. Why they do it? I have no idea, but jumping to the conclusion that these boys did it, especially when the evidence is far from supporting her claim, is just as ridiculous, sad, and unfortunate, as jumping to conclusions based on the race of any victim or alleged attacker. And I say that as a young black male who realizes that sometimes the "man", media, or universe is not always out to get Black people. And I also don't have a problem with her identity being exposed. She's attacking these boys in the public, and the DA's office has waited so that all the boys (except the lone black male on the team obviously) have had to deal with the speculation that they could be the alleged rapist. If you're going to call someone out on something, you better be willing to show your face.

It figures that you would say this because I hear that a growing number of black men in the NY area don't believe she was raped and/or believe that because she was a stripper, she had it coming. BTW, she has yet to open her mouth' the DA is talking for her.

RVD
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:44 AM
There are some women who do lie about being raped. Why they do it? I have no idea, but jumping to the conclusion that these boys did it, especially when the evidence is far from supporting her claim, is just as ridiculous, sad, and unfortunate, as jumping to conclusions based on the race of any victim or alleged attacker. And I say that as a young black male who realizes that sometimes the "man", media, or universe is not always out to get Black people. And I also don't have a problem with her identity being exposed. She's attacking these boys in the public, and the DA's office has waited so that all the boys (except the lone black male on the team obviously) have had to deal with the speculation that they could be the alleged rapist. If you're going to call someone out on something, you better be willing to show your face.:lol: Did you read any of the articles?

Rocketta
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:45 AM

First off the alleged victim hasn't publically called anyone out. Secondly, she will show her face in court when she accuses the defendents of rape on the stand. Other than in court the defendant and the accused don't have to show there face anywhere.

This is not the old west where people are challenged to a dual at sunset because their honor has been disrespected. She went to the police and alleged a rape if that is what happened that's what she should've done. If that isn't what happened more than likely it will be proven false and the lady will get charged with filing a false report, perjury, taken to civil court, etc.

lizchris
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:45 AM
I don't care what anyone says, but the way the whole case has been handled is suspect. I'm convinced that the authorities wouldn't have even BOTHERED with DNA testing if it had been a white girl attacked at a black fraternity. They would have just arrested everyone of them in a New York minute :rolleyes:

And they'd be in jail with a higher bail or no bail.

Rocketta
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Its funny.

I bet you the same people who refused to give Kobe the benefit of the doubt are now giving these Lacross boys the definite benefit of the doubt. And vice versa.

Nope I feel the same way about both cases. :wavey:

lizchris
Apr 20th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Its funny.

I knew that Kobe had sex with her, but didn't rape her. Plus his accuser was joking about how big his manhood was at a party a few days after the incident. Where is the alleged victim in this case? In semi seclusion and not joking about anything.

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 20th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Chances are very remote that this will see the inside of a courtroom.

The D.A. will make a deal to drop the charges in exchange for the elites' political support. The girl will be made to look like the shameless antagonist. And money will be spent to paint this as yet another woman screaming rape where no rape occurred.

Twana Brawley.

When the accused has overwhelming evidence to counter the prosecution charges, there is no other option but to drop charges. Because the prosecution didn't share with the Grand Jury, the photographs, or the alibi's, or the negative DNA evidence. The Grand Jury would never have indicted those two had they been presented both sides of the case.

The charges will be dropped, but not because the accuser is black. Its because those accused were wrongfully charged.

I don't believe the women in North Carolina were any safer after the indictments were made. If they are serious about public safety, the prosecutor needs to put his personal political ambitions aside and investigate what happened to the accuser after that party.

lizchris
Apr 20th, 2006, 02:24 AM
Twana Brawley.

When the accused has overwhelming evidence to counter the prosecution charges, there is no other option but to drop charges. Because the prosecution didn't share with the Grand Jury, the photographs, or the alibi's, or the negative DNA evidence.

The charges will be dropped, but not because the accuser is black. Its because those accused were wrongfully charged.

TWR

So I ses, because one black woman lied about being raped by white men, any other black woman who alleges the same is a liar too. Because we all know black women lie about that kind of thing.:rolleyes:

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 20th, 2006, 02:36 AM
TWR

So I ses, because one black woman lied about being raped by white men, any other black woman who alleges the same is a liar too. Because we all know black women lie about that kind of thing.:rolleyes:

I see this case as being eerily similar.

Twana Brawley was found in feces and claimed she had been raped by police officers. The black community was in an uproar, with protests, marches, etc. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, front and center.

There was absolutely no reason for the then 15 year old girl to lie and say she was raped by police officers and left in feces. By physical examination from a physician, there was absolutely no evidence a rape occured. They were totally exonerated.

The police officers went forward to sue Sharpton for defamation of character and won a substantially large sum of money.

I don't know why people claim to have been raped when they actually weren't????

Unless of course, someone got pissed off because they heard racial slurs being made and wanted to get a little revenge???? I wonder what those "strippers" were doing locked in the bathroom at the party????

And what's even more f'ed up is that to this day, Twana Brawley still claims it happened. :silly:

I believe this "unnamed" college student/mother/stripper was raped, but those indicted are innocent. There are missing pieces to the story and it WILL eventually come out.

CC
Apr 20th, 2006, 02:48 AM
What a fricken circus.

polishprodigy
Apr 20th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Where is that Ivanovic-fan guy, who is at Duke. I wonder what he thinks about this. I think he is called Conservative now...