PDA

View Full Version : Duke Rape Suspect Charged In DC Anti-Gay Assault

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 19th, 2006, 10:19 PM
http://wusa9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=48540

Duke Rape Suspect Charged In DC Anti-Gay Assault

One of the Duke University lacrosse players charged with rape and kidnapping has been accused of a violent act before, this time in downtown DC.

Collin Finnerty, 19, was arrested Nov. 5 outside the Daily Grill restaurant on Wisconsin Avenue, Northwest, after he and two friends repeatedly punched a man after he told them to stop calling him “gay and other derogatory names,” according to court records.

The victim told police that the three men attacked him "for no apparent reason" and left him with a busted lip and bruised chin.

According to the Washington Blade, prosecutors did not treat the attack as a hate crime. Finnerty was charged with assault and ordered to perform community service. A review hearing on the case is scheduled next week

Sue Wasiolek, Duke's dean of students and assistant vice president for student affairs, said a review showed the lacrosse team had a "disproportionate" number of violations of the campus judicial code. But she also pointed out that none were particularly serious.

Helen Lawson
Apr 19th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Dean Sue!!! Hasn't she found a real job yet?

tucker1989
Apr 19th, 2006, 10:53 PM
That's awful. I have been to that Daily Grill multiple times; it is like five blocks from my house, and it's not in downtown DC, it is in Georgetown.

RVD
Apr 19th, 2006, 11:41 PM
http://wusa9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=48540

Duke Rape Suspect Charged In DC Anti-Gay Assault

One of the Duke University lacrosse players charged with rape and kidnapping has been accused of a violent act before, this time in downtown DC.

Collin Finnerty, 19, was arrested Nov. 5 outside the Daily Grill restaurant on Wisconsin Avenue, Northwest, after he and two friends repeatedly punched a man after he told them to stop calling him “gay and other derogatory names,” according to court records.

The victim told police that the three men attacked him "for no apparent reason" and left him with a busted lip and bruised chin.

According to the Washington Blade, prosecutors did not treat the attack as a hate crime. Finnerty was charged with assault and ordered to perform community service. A review hearing on the case is scheduled next week

Sue Wasiolek, Duke's dean of students and assistant vice president for student affairs, said a review showed the lacrosse team had a "disproportionate" number of violations of the campus judicial code. But she also pointed out that none were particularly serious.Why is it always three guys involved in Duke assaults? :(
Coincidence? :confused:

polishprodigy
Apr 20th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Why is it always three guys involved in Duke assaults? :(
Coincidence? :confused:

I don't get what point you are trying to get across, please explain ;) Sorry if I am naive or not getting it ;) (I am not refuting anything you are saying, I just don't know what the coincidence is ;) )