PDA

View Full Version : Tom to eat Katie Holmes' placenta **no kidding**

spiceboy
Apr 18th, 2006, 05:54 PM
http://www.itv.com/news/entertainment_1776713.html

Tom 'to eat afterbirth'
11.55AM, Tue Apr 18 2006

Sofa leaping father-to-be Tom Cruise has revealed his latest bizarre plan - to eat Katie Holmes' placenta.
In an admission which seems to prove Cruise desperate to stay in the headlines, the Mission Impossible star has apparently vowed to eat Katie's placenta straight after she has given birth as he believes it will be very nutritious.

The admission is just the latest in a long line of crazy outbursts which Tom has appeared adamant to shock the world with.

Just days ago the star completely backtracked on comments he had made, saying that Katie would have to give birth in complete silence and that she should not scream.

Surprising as it may seem, Tom is not the only person to have odd placenta wishes- after the birth, some women take a piece of paper and lay the placenta on it and later frame it and hang it on the wall!

Eating the placenta, placentophagia, is practised in many parts of the world- famously back in 1998, a British television chef fried it and served it to all of his guests!

Showbiz couple Rod Stewart and wife Penny Lancaster took home their baby's placenta and buried it in the garden.

The act may appear odd to many, but it is believed eating the placenta helps avoid postnatal depression and is deemed as normal in many cultures.

Veritas
Apr 18th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Did Tom Cruise actually say he "wasn't kidding" about eating Katie's placenta?

Anyway, he's still bizarre :unsure:

CondiLicious
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:21 PM
What a muppet. But just as long as he doesn't eat the baby I guess it's okay.

Spunky83
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:37 PM
I knew about people put it into the garden and bury it but eating it?!?

Martian Willow
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Just posted in the other thread. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/101944.stm :)

Wigglytuff
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:42 PM
i have heard of other people eating placenta before this... and no matter how many times i hear of it, its still gross...

Perfection
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:52 PM
:haha: I knew he'd eat a part of the baby

Sally Struthers
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:54 PM
far be it from me to judge anyone :o but ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :scared:

Viktymise
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:57 PM
OMG when i heard this first i felt like getting sick how mingin, he so blase about it aswell. He is by far the biggest headcase in hollywood

Sally Struthers
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:01 PM
so does this make him a canibal?

rebel_ffighter
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:05 PM
he is sick!ewww

Sally Struthers
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Placenta Pills Recipe
Ingredients:
One fresh/defrosted human placenta
Ginger slices
Half a lemon
One red chilli (hot pepper)
Empty vegetable based capsules
First wash the blood away from the placenta and place in a steamer. Cut up the other fresh ingredients and place on the top.

Next steam over a low heat with the other fresh ingredients for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.

Prick with a fork to be sure that no blood or fluid comes out to check if it is done. The placenta will shrink during this process.

Slice the placenta as thinly as possible and place on a baking tray.

Dry in a low-temp oven or use a dehydrator. Then powder or just break it up and put it into the empty capsules.

Store in a dark container at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from: Gentle Birth - Medical Uses of Placenta

:scared: :scared: :scared:

LostGlory
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:10 PM
There was another thread about this in the morning and it made me sick before breakfast and now this is making me sick before dinner.....My life is fucked up right now who cares what some psycho thinks or does.....

saniafan2005
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:13 PM
he is gone mad!!!

SelesFan70
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Eating pussy or ass is okay, but placenta isn't? Y'all are hypocrites... :ras:

TF Chipmunk
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Eating pussy or ass is okay, but placenta isn't? Y'all are hypocrites... :ras:
Well do you digest a part of the ass or pussy? :unsure:

Sally Struthers
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:24 PM
http://www.twilightheadquarters.com/placenta.html

OMFG

SelesFan70
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Well do you digest a part of the ass or pussy? :unsure:

You do know I was kidding, I hope? :unsure:

I digest "something" after sucking dick...and that's all I'm saying. :devil:

Sally Struthers
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Roast Placenta

1-3lb fresh placenta (must be no more than 3 days old)
1 onion
1 green or red pepper (green will add colour)
1 cup tomato sauce
1 sleeve saltine crackers
1 tspn bay leaves
1 tspn black pepper
1 tspn white pepper
1 clove garlic (roasted and minced)

Method
(Preheat oven to 350 degrees)

1. Chop the onion and the pepper & crush the saltines into crumbs.
2. Combine the placenta, onion, pepper, saltines, bay leaves, white and black pepper, garlic and tomato sauce.
3. Place in a loaf pan, cover then bake for one and a half hours, occasionally pouring off excess liquid.

Serve and enjoy!

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

TF Chipmunk
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Sally please stop :o I don't want to start dreaming about eating placentas tonight :scared:

SelesFan70
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Roast Placenta

1 onion
1 cup tomato sauce
1 tspn bay leaves
1 tspn black pepper
1 tspn white pepper

Method

2. Combine the placenta, onion, pepper, saltines, bay leaves, white and black pepper, garlic and tomato sauce.
3. Place in a loaf pan, cover then bake for one and a half hours, occasionally pouring off excess liquid.

Serve and enjoy!

:speakles:

TF Chipmunk
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:28 PM

OMFG
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............I don't think I'm getting any sleep tonight :sad:

Sally Struthers
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:36 PM
It's almost enough to make me go vegetarian :tape: :lol:

tennisboi
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:38 PM
I can't stand 'tomkat'

Tennisballova
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Roast Placenta

1 onion
1 cup tomato sauce
1 tspn bay leaves
1 tspn black pepper
1 tspn white pepper

Method

Serve and enjoy!

Is this for 2 persons? *vomit*

Lachrymarum
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:45 PM
It does seem like a form of cannibalism but whatever.
What bothered me in the article was the bit about him not wanting her to scream during birth.
Such an easy thing for a male to say.....especially one as messed up in the head as Tom Cruise.
:silly:

Avid Merrion
Apr 18th, 2006, 08:55 PM

OMFG
:eek: love the placenta cocktail recipe - blend at high speed for 10 seconds :tape:

Just posted in the other thread. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/101944.stm :)
ooh, i remember that show! Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall :worship:

controlfreak
Apr 18th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Well, my girlfriend had to go into hospital last week to have her appendix out.... shall I rush back there and see if they still have the bits? Could save some money on food shopping....

beauty_is_pink
Apr 18th, 2006, 09:29 PM
but he told Diane Sawyer that Katie is allowed to scream and if needed, she can get drugs to compensate the pain..

but I'm jus totally disgusted about the fact that some people eat the damn placenta! talk about loving your child WAY TOO MUCH

flyingmachine
Apr 18th, 2006, 09:52 PM
:speakles: :tape:

fnuf7
Apr 18th, 2006, 09:58 PM
I heard an interview with some woman who throws placenta parties whenever she or one of her friends has a baby, they all come round, have a few drinks and eat whoever's placenta's going...they had placenta paté last time apparently...

*shudder*

Sally Struthers
Apr 18th, 2006, 09:59 PM
I heard an interview with some woman who throws placenta parties whenever she or one of her friends has a baby, they all come round, have a few drinks and eat whoever's placenta's going...they had placenta paté last time apparently...

*shudder*

placenta pate sounds like it would be lovely to go with the placenta cocktail recipe I found earlier :tape:

Sally Struthers
Apr 18th, 2006, 10:03 PM
:eek: love the placenta cocktail recipe - blend at high speed for 10 seconds :tape:

ooh, i remember that show! Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall :worship:

that placenta cocktail gives new meaning to the bloody mary :tape: :haha:

pokey camp
Apr 18th, 2006, 10:27 PM

*shudder*
Yeah, I've heard of this too unfortunately...

One of my good friends in college was born on a hippy commune and after her birth all the commune members got together and ate her placenta for good luck or some such. So it does happen.

But I think freaky Tom Cruise was just kidding around with this and someone forgot to tell him that the whole world has finally figured out that he is major nutjob. So he can't kid around about things like this and expect people know he's joking.

Edward.
Apr 18th, 2006, 10:39 PM
He's insane.

But we all know that.

jogoss_78
Apr 18th, 2006, 10:49 PM
:rolleyes: :o
So, what's next??!! :rolleyes: :o

shnit.
Apr 18th, 2006, 10:51 PM
but he told Diane Sawyer that Katie is allowed to scream and if needed, she can get drugs to compensate the pain..

The sad thing is, the media is running the story as if it's he didnt say it as a joke. Ooohh the things they do.

BTW.

Baby Cruise-Holmes has arrived.

Katie Holmes & Tom Cruise Have Their Baby!
Tuesday Apr 18, 2006 6:30pm EST
CREDIT: AMANDA M. PARKS / IPHOTO

Katie Holmes (http://www.mediablvd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37262#) and Tom Cruise (http://www.mediablvd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37262#) have welcomed their first child together, two inside sources have told PEOPLE.

No other details are immediately available.

In late October, barely six months into their romance, an ecstatic Cruise and Holmes revealed that they were expectant parents.

Cruise, 43, and Holmes, 27, had made no secret of their desire to start a family together: When asked by PEOPLE last June if they were planning to have children, Holmes smiled and said simply, "Yes."

Friends of the Toledo, Ohio-bred Holmes called her perfectly suited to her upcoming role. "She almost seems born for motherhood," said Oliver Hudson, actress Kate Hudson's (http://www.mediablvd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37262#) brother and an old pal who costarred with Holmes in Dawson's Creek. "She's a nurturer. She's got mother qualities a lot of girls her age don't have."

Cruise, meanwhile, is "a great dad already," according to his pal, actress Leah Remini. He has two children from his marriage to Nicole Kidman (http://www.mediablvd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37262#): Isabella, 13, and Connor, 11, whom Cruise and Kidman adopted as infants. Remini told PEOPLE that both kids are "so cool…You can sit and talk to them about life."

CREDIT: SETH BROWARNIK / WIREIMAGEAs for marriage, Cruise and Holmes plan to tie the knot soon, Cruise said on the German TV program (http://www.mediablvd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37262#) Wetten, dass..? on April 1. "In summer we want to get married. I won't let this woman get away."

Immediately ahead for the new dad: the May 5 release of Mission: Impossible 3. Holmes stars in the recently released satirical film about Washington politics, Thank You for Smoking

http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1170244,00.html

shnit.
Apr 18th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Cruise was only kidding

News sites take placenta-eating comment out of context and report it as fact

The Web is buzzing with the shocking “news” that Tom Cruise plans to eat the placenta after his girlfriend Katie Holmes gives birth.

Cruise’s comment – a joke he made during an interview with GQ – is being taken out of context and reported as legitimate news. Some sites are going so far as to quote medical experts on the topic of placenta-eating.

Cruise, 43, told GQ: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there." When it was pointed out that it would be a big meal, Cruise replied: "OK, maybe I won't."

Asked about the comments by ABC's Diane Sawyer, the star replied: "Yeah, we're going to do that - a whole family thing. Isn't that normal and natural? No, we're not eating it."
But most sites aren’t making note of the fact that Cruise was kidding.

“Tom Cruise is reportedly planning to eat the placenta and umbilical cord after fiancée Katie Holmes gives birth to their child,” reports mtv.uk.

iAfrica.com declares: “Tom Cruise is intending to eat Katie Holmes' placenta after his fiancée has given birth to their baby.”

“Hollywood actor and Scientologist Tom Cruise is planning to eat Katie Holmes' placenta,” reports Ireland’s rte.ie.

Britain’s itv.com says: "Sofa leaping father-to-be Tom Cruise has revealed his latest bizarre plan - to eat Katie Holmes' placenta.”

At least one online news source “gets” it. At the Info About News site, the placenta remark merits only a passing mention deep down in a story about Cruise.

“Oh, and he made a pretty nifty joke about eating the placenta,” reads the site. “Really, it was funny.”

http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainment/story.html?id=345d4313-2e14-4d3b-a8de-317ea7616149&k=67596

dementieva's fan
Apr 18th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Cruise was only kidding

News sites take placenta-eating comment out of context and report it as fact

The Web is buzzing with the shocking “news” that Tom Cruise plans to eat the placenta after his girlfriend Katie Holmes gives birth.

Cruise’s comment – a joke he made during an interview with GQ – is being taken out of context and reported as legitimate news. Some sites are going so far as to quote medical experts on the topic of placenta-eating.

Cruise, 43, told GQ: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there." When it was pointed out that it would be a big meal, Cruise replied: "OK, maybe I won't."

Asked about the comments by ABC's Diane Sawyer, the star replied: "Yeah, we're going to do that - a whole family thing. Isn't that normal and natural? No, we're not eating it."
But most sites aren’t making note of the fact that Cruise was kidding.

“Tom Cruise is reportedly planning to eat the placenta and umbilical cord after fiancée Katie Holmes gives birth to their child,” reports mtv.uk.

iAfrica.com declares: “Tom Cruise is intending to eat Katie Holmes' placenta after his fiancée has given birth to their baby.”

“Hollywood actor and Scientologist Tom Cruise is planning to eat Katie Holmes' placenta,” reports Ireland’s rte.ie.

Britain’s itv.com says: "Sofa leaping father-to-be Tom Cruise has revealed his latest bizarre plan - to eat Katie Holmes' placenta.”

At least one online news source “gets” it. At the Info About News site, the placenta remark merits only a passing mention deep down in a story about Cruise.

“Oh, and he made a pretty nifty joke about eating the placenta,” reads the site. “Really, it was funny.”

http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainment/story.html?id=345d4313-2e14-4d3b-a8de-317ea7616149&k=67596

dementieva's fan
Apr 18th, 2006, 11:08 PM
that placenta cocktail gives new meaning to the bloody mary :tape: :haha:

:lol:

Denise4925
Apr 18th, 2006, 11:28 PM
What a muppet. But just as long as he doesn't eat the baby I guess it's okay.
:lol:

Denise4925
Apr 18th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Well, if he wasn't such a Wacko, people wouldn't believe such stories. :rolleyes:

volta
Apr 19th, 2006, 12:50 AM
:speakles: eewwwwwww :bolt:

Volcana
Apr 19th, 2006, 02:45 AM
"With fava beans, and a nice chianti"

drake3781
Apr 19th, 2006, 02:50 AM
I believe it was a joke, but was it funny? :confused:

TF Chipmunk
Apr 19th, 2006, 03:07 AM
Well, did he do it? :p

Tennis Fool
Apr 19th, 2006, 03:10 AM
You know cats eat the afterbirth because it's full of nutrients. Why not TomKat? :lol: