PDA

View Full Version : Why Elena?

miffedmax
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Okay, so that John Wertheim bit posted on why isn't Elena more popular got me thinking. Given her dismal (5-11) record in finals, the fact she has yet to win a major title, her introverted personality and, yes, the serve, maybe the real question is why is she so popular? And why does she have such die-hard fans? (Well, my brain has to do something when she's not playing.)

I know I jumped on the bandwagon in 2000, thinking I was getting in on the next big thing in tennis. But I haven't ever jumped off. Why do you love Elena (multiple choice is allowed, if I did this right.)

gentzy
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:10 PM
I must say I admire Lena...she is wonderful person...in all she does...she deserves a GS...and even if she doesn't get one I'll still apreciate her.,..wonderful people are rare these days and when you see one that is so friendly and modest you just have to thank God the world is not crowded with fools...Lena is a special person !! She deserves loyal fans and that's what we are ...

UDACHi
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:38 PM
I picked them all cause they're just the components that make her my favorite, and I can't explain why I love her so much.

Dementinator
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Damn good Poll , well Elena is simply a very special person ,its hard to quantify why shes so popular ,of course her amazing looks play a part ,but it goes beyond that ,way beyond...

Paco
Apr 17th, 2006, 09:42 PM
It's not easy poll ;) I don't know why - I jsut fall in love at 1st sight - that's all :)

Dementirilenko
Apr 17th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Okay, so that John Wertheim bit posted on why isn't Elena more popular got me thinking. Given her dismal (5-11) record in finals, the fact she has yet to win a major title, her introverted personality and, yes, the serve, maybe the real question is why is she so popular? And why does she have such die-hard fans? (Well, my brain has to do something when she's not playing.)

I know I jumped on the bandwagon in 2000, thinking I was getting in on the next big thing in tennis. But I haven't ever jumped off. Why do you love Elena (multiple choice is allowed, if I did this right.)

I absolutely admire Lena, especially her personality. I like that she is introverted and doesn't want to stay in the focus of every TV cam like Sharapova. Lena is a bit shy I think but I like this aspect of her personality. And I like that she never gives up, she is always fighting in every situation of a match. REMARKABLE!

No Name Face
Apr 17th, 2006, 11:08 PM
all of the above

miffedmax
Apr 17th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah, all of the above is a good answer. I had an even longer list, but the poll only included a maximum of 10 choices, so I went with some of the reasons I'd sort of picked up from being part of this forum.

I tried to narrow it down to just my main reasons when I voted, but there's definitely a lot to like about ED.

slk45
Apr 17th, 2006, 11:51 PM
I must say I admire Lena...she is wonderful person...in all she does...she deserves a GS...and even if she doesn't get one I'll still apreciate her.,..wonderful people are rare these days and when you see one that is so friendly and modest you just have to thank God the world is not crowded with fools...Lena is a special person !! She deserves loyal fans and that's what we are ...

Gentzy's got it in a nutshell. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Not much more to say! :yeah:

selyoink
Apr 18th, 2006, 01:02 AM
I voted for her incredible forehand, her never say die attitude, and her attractivness. Those three reasons are my main attraction to Lena as a tennis player.

Prizeidiot
Apr 18th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Hard to explain... bit of everything I guess.

She's funny, smart, nice, attractive, and I guess I support her because she also has some flaws. The fact that she can win or lose any match has some appeal for me. Supporting a predictable player who you can guarantee will make at least the quarters of every tournament they play in doesn't interest me that much.

parn2257
Apr 18th, 2006, 05:34 PM
she is perfect
easy is that

UDACHi
Apr 18th, 2006, 05:44 PM
she is perfect
easy is that

Have you seen her hit a serve? :scared:

safinfans629
Apr 19th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Elena has a terrible forehand, i think now her backhand has some provement.

miffedmax
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Have you seen her hit a serve? :scared:

Oh, Elena's still perfect. It's the serve, not her, that sux.

Paco
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Oh, Elena's still perfect. It's the serve, not her, that sux.
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Dementinator
Apr 19th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Elena has a terrible forehand, i think now her backhand has some provement.

Oh yeah ,shes famous for that dreadful forehand!!! :rolleyes:

And her serves the best on tour ,tis everyone elses thats fucked up :lol:

TiK-Tee
Apr 20th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I LoVe LENA :kiss:

SloKid
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:10 PM
All of the above...

Danči Dementia
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Why Elena?:well: for all the reasons that Max says (well the thing of the russian pride :rolleyes: ...........well I'm not russian but I ADORE russia and the russiansexept sharapova :lol: )Ireally didn't know for wich one I will vote I like them all

:) I love Elena Dementieva just because she is Elena Dementieva :worship: the cuttiest :hearts: :kiss: and the best tennis player :bowdown: forever I love her and I will love her always :bounce:
I miss her I want to see her play again :wavey:

Danči Dementia
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:29 PM
All of the above...
All of the above this is the word that I was trying to remember :wavey:

Rollersk
Apr 20th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I think the all of the above is the best option, she's such an exellent person; althougth I don't know her face to face; she seems to be it on everything she does. She is not dishonest, she is so true to herself, inteligent, and loyal to her thoughts. A very sweet, caring, kind, polite person. And that charming smile... Pleasant eyes...
So physically strong and sexiness in perfect harmony...

Pheobo
Apr 23rd, 2006, 04:46 AM
All of them except the sympathy vote. Serving is the only thing I do well :o

And the fact that she beats all my least favorites when it really counts (most of the time)

Ferosh
Apr 26th, 2006, 02:47 AM
I really don't know how to explain it. All I know is that there are very few people who have a little something extra about them that make them very likeable and approachable.

gentzy
Apr 26th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Exactly...it must be called charisma ... but she really has "that" something...you just can't like her...:D

P.L.B.
Apr 26th, 2006, 10:23 PM
It is impossible to pick only one reason. Any person can have one good thing about them, not everybody can have this entire list

Youf
Apr 27th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Great fighting spirit plus her perfect shape.