PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else here keep reptiles?

smiler
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Hey, I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could share pics of our reptiles and helpful advice....., I kinda need some! I used to post in a reptile forum, but that has since closed, so I thought maybe someone here could help me out!

I have a beautiful 18month old male corn, here are some pics of him when he was a baby, I'll try to take some new ones soon! As I said he's now 18 months old & he seems to have a problem shedding, he goes all white as usual, and then back to normal colour, but then just doesn't shed, it's been a fortnight now since he went all white & I'm starting to get a bit worried. Anybody got any advice or tips for me?

It would be great to see some pics of other peoples reptiles if anybody would like to share...., :)

Solitaire
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Ur snake rocks! :rocker2: He's so cute and small. I was thinking of getting some sort of reptile like a horny toad but I don't know yet. Tho I really want a scorpion so that's what I'd prob get. What's it's name and what do u feed it?

smiler
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Ur snake rocks! :rocker2: He's so cute and small. I was thinking of getting some sort of reptile like a horny toad but I don't know yet. Tho I really want a scorpion so that's what I'd prob get. What's it's name and what do u feed it?

Thank you :). He is much bigger than this now, about 5ft long and about an inch/ an inch and a half in diameter! His name is arcade, and he eats fully grown mice now! I'll try to get some recent pics asap.

I love reptiles, especially snakes, I'd love to get a boa, or a royal (ball) python, but I just dont' have the space at the moment. I love lizards too, but i could never keep one, i'm too scared of the creepy crawlies you have to feed them! :scared:

Solitaire
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Thank you :). He is much bigger than this now, about 5ft long and about an inch/ an inch and a half in diameter! His name is arcade, and he eats fully grown mice now! I'll try to get some recent pics asap.

I love reptiles, especially snakes, I'd love to get a boa, or a royal (ball) python, but I just dont' have the space at the moment. I love lizards too, but i could never keep one, i'm too scared of the creepy crawlies you have to feed them! :scared:

I dig the name. That's the thing with snakes they're cool but I could never feed them mice. :sad:

SloKid
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Your snake looks really cool. It's great that people sometimes go for something a bit more unorthodox, when chosing pets. :)

Oh on a side and not really related note: Since this is the wtaworld.com I'm surprised that no one came up with the lame "I have a snake in my trousers" joke yet. :tape: :lol:

Circe
Apr 16th, 2006, 07:01 PM
i once woke up and thought i'd bought a large reptile as a pet. but it was something quite...different.

Grohl
Apr 16th, 2006, 07:18 PM
my brother can be quite a reptile sometimes :p

Perfection
Apr 16th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Wow, your snake is BEAUTIFUL! Like a living work of art.. :hearts:

I use to keep lizards in pickle jars but they always died within 2 hours of me catching them. :sad:

Chris 84
Apr 16th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Cool snake and cool pics :) :yeah:

smiler
Apr 16th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Thank you Chris & perfection :) I'd love you +rep you both, I'm all out of reps today thought.., but hey it's the thought that counts! I took some new pictures today I'll post them tomorrow, he's quite a lot bigger now!

meggz_star
Apr 16th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Cool snake Smiler :D . I'm actually thinking about getting one but I'm not really sure. They seem to make really cool pets :cool:

myxomatosis
Apr 16th, 2006, 11:47 PM
We have a bearded dragon named Gimley.
She's still pretty small (not yet a year) but she'll get quite big. My housemate wants to get a leash for her so we can take her on walks outside :lol:
She's quite personable which is a bit unusual for dragons. She's also really spoiled and lazy. She won't even chase after crickets anymore. She just lets them come to her.

Craigy
Apr 16th, 2006, 11:51 PM
I'd love to have a snake, but my mum would freak :haha:

smiler
Apr 17th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Hey

I just thought I'd let you know he shed earlier so now worries :)