PDA

View Full Version : Flight 93 Cockpit Recording transcript

drake3781
Apr 16th, 2006, 07:30 AM
APRIL 12--This the transcript of the final moments of United Airlines Flight 93, as captured by the plane's cockpit voice recorder on September 11, 2001. While the actual 31-minute audiotape was played this morning for jurors in the federal death penalty trial of Zacarias Moussaoui, Judge Leonie Brinkema refused to publicly release the tape, opting instead to provide only a transcript, a copy of which you'll find below. The tape begins with a hijacker's announcement that, "Ladies and gentlemen, this is the captain...we have a bomb on board, so sit." As the recording continues, the hijackers can be heard praying to Allah and warning passengers to "Shut up" and "Don't move." Transcript excerpts in bold were translated from Arabic by government officials. At one point during the mayhem, someone in the cockpit says, "Please don't hurt me. Oh God!" Then, moments later, "I don't want to die" is repeated three times by an unknown passenger. Flight 93, which the hijackers apparently planned to ram into the U.S. Capitol, crashed in a Pennsylvania field after passengers sought to storm the cockpit and recapture the plane from the four hijackers. The cockpit flight recorder, seen above in a government photo introduced yesterday at Moussaoui's trial, was recovered near the crash site. In addition to the cockpit recording, prosecutors today presented jurors with an oversize exhibit containing photos of all but 92 of the nearly 3000 victims killed during the 2001 terrorist attacks.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/0412061inside1.jpg

Link to the transcript:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0412061hijack1.html

I remember this flight so well, on that crazy morning, because after everything else had happened (the other three crashes), it was still shocking to hear that there was one more plane in the air, and to wonder what would happen to it.

The transcript ends with the hijackers ordering one another to put the plane into the ground, while saying Allah is the Greatest repeatedly, in Arabic.

andrew_uk
Apr 16th, 2006, 09:06 AM
So is this from the plane which crashed near the Pentagon?

My friend highlighted something to me recently that I never realised myself - When the planes crashed into the Twin Towers - we only saw on TV the relatives of all those who were in the World Trade Center. The relatives of those who died in the 2 planes never seemed to appear in the media? Did anybody ever see them? The plane which crashed near the Pentagon you did see the relatives of those who had died.

CondiLicious
Apr 16th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I've seen relatives of people on the flights on TV plenty of times. Especially those from Flight 93.

drake3781
Apr 16th, 2006, 10:06 PM

My friend highlighted something to me recently that I never realised myself - When the planes crashed into the Twin Towers - we only saw on TV the relatives of all those who were in the World Trade Center. The relatives of those who died in the 2 planes never seemed to appear in the media? Did anybody ever see them? The plane which crashed near the Pentagon you did see the relatives of those who had died.

No, this is the plane that was destined for the Capitol building but didn't make it because the passengers tried an uprising, and the hijackers took the plane down instead. It crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. There is a movie about it out now.

I did see some relatives from people on this plane because the people were actually able to CALL THEIR FAMILIES from the plane during the hijacking. When talking to their families at home, the passengers found out about the OTHER PLANES and they knew that this was very serious and that they were going to be crashed into a building, so then the passengers planned to stop the hijacking!!

For this plane for sure, the families were on the news, etc, because they had actually talked to their loved ones during the hijacking and minutes before the crash.

SelesFan70
Apr 16th, 2006, 10:53 PM

Are you suggesting a conspiracy theory... :tape:

Kunal
Apr 17th, 2006, 03:26 AM
surreal stuff this

polishprodigy
Apr 17th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Are you suggesting a conspiracy theory... :tape:

There are some who seriously suggest that the U.S. purposely devised the 9/11 attacks :tape: ( I personally find this theory preposterous)

andrew_uk
Apr 18th, 2006, 12:31 AM
I know the relatives were all over the TV for the plane that crashed near the Pentagon, but the 2 planes that crashed into the World Trade Center - where were all the relatives of the people on the planes?

My friend also lent me a DVD on this recently, and there was a home video of people who witnessed the 1st plane go in, and they were all shouting it was not a commercial plane :tape:

Also - you can't see windows on the planes that crashed into the WTC :shrug:

ptkten
Apr 18th, 2006, 03:37 AM
I know the relatives were all over the TV for the plane that crashed near the Pentagon, but the 2 planes that crashed into the World Trade Center - where were all the relatives of the people on the planes?

My friend also lent me a DVD on this recently, and there was a home video of people who witnessed the 1st plane go in, and they were all shouting it was not a commercial plane :tape:

Also - you can't see windows on the planes that crashed into the WTC :shrug:

Are you serious :confused: Relatives from people on all four planes were all over the news both immediately and in the days following the attacks.

I can't believe anyone would even insinuate that the United States would kill so many of its own innocent citizens :rolleyes:

drake3781
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Are you serious :confused: Relatives from people on all four planes were all over the news both immediately and in the days following the attacks.

I can't believe anyone would even insinuate that the United States would kill so many of its own innocent citizens :rolleyes:

Oh, is that what he meant? :tape: I didn't understand what he was saying.

drake3781
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Another thing I just heard, from the mother of one of the group that tried to stop the hijackers, is that the hijackers killed 5-7 people in the front of the first class cabin in front of everyone else, before they took over the plane. The son who called his mother to tell her what was happening and to say goodbye kept that from her, so she wouldn't be too scared. But she found out after his death.