PDA

View Full Version : Angry?

drake3781
Apr 15th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Are you Angry? Why? What makes you Angry? Do you wish you could not be Angry? What have you tried to change it? Anyone ever gone to Anger Management classes? Or seen a counselor about it? Have you ever hurt anyone physically in an act of Anger? Do you find yourself hurting anyone mentally/emotionally because of your Anger?

If you are not Angry, why do you think that is for you while others are so Angry? Would you give any advice to others about it?

==================

Anger can be the result of hurt pride, of unreasonable expectations, or of repeated hostile fantasies. Besides getting our way, we may unconsciously use anger to blame others for our own shortcomings, to justify oppressing others, to boost our own sagging egos, to conceal other feelings, and to handle other emotions (as when we become aggressive when we are afraid). Any situation that frustrates us, especially when we think someone else is to blame for our loss, is a potential trigger for anger and aggression.

http://www.mentalhelp.net/images/root/psyhelp/p.gifSo, what is frustration? It is the feeling we get when we don't get what we want, when something interferes with our gaining a desired and expected goal. It can be physical (a flat tire), our own limitations (paralysis after an accident), our choices (an unprepared for and flunked exam), others' actions (parental restrictions or torturing a political prisoner), others' motives (deception for a self-serving purpose), or society's injustice (born into poverty and finding no way out). http://www.mentalhelp.net/images/root/psyhelp/p.gif

Anger is feeling mad in response to frustration or injury. You don't like what has happened and usually you'd like to get revenge. Anger is an emotional-physiological-cognitive internal state; it is separate from the behavior it might prompt. In some instances, angry emotions are beneficial; if we are being taken advantage of, anger motivates us to take action (not necessarily aggressive) to correct the situation. Aggression is action, i.e. attacking someone or a group. It is intended to harm someone. It can be a verbal attack--insults, threats, sarcasm, or attributing nasty motives to them--or a physical punishment or restriction. What about thoughts and fantasies in which we humiliate or brutally assault our enemies? Is that aggression? What about violent dreams? Such thoughts and dreams suggest anger, of course, but are not aggression as I have defined it here.

http://www.mentalhelp.net/psyhelp/chap7/chap7b.htm

(edit: replaced web link with a better one. lot of good info here.)

Craigy
Apr 15th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I'm angry right now, because I'm injured and I have a tournament coming up.

PatrickRyan
Apr 15th, 2006, 10:13 PM
I'm angry right now, because I'm injured and I have a tournament coming up.
omg that's so weird so am i

Craigy
Apr 15th, 2006, 10:18 PM
omg that's so weird so am i
What's wrong with you? :sad:

PatrickRyan
Apr 15th, 2006, 11:50 PM
What's wrong with you? :sad:
i think i pulled a mucle in my left arm, i can hardly move my arm for the past 2 days, how about u?

TF Chipmunk
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:05 AM
I'm angry on so many levels, it's almost hard to comprehend. But even if I seeked to change it, I don't think I can until I go off to college.

drake3781
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:11 AM
I'm angry on so many levels, it's almost hard to comprehend. But even if I seeked to change it, I don't think I can until I go off to college.

How do you be so nice to everybody, then?

TF Chipmunk
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:14 AM
How do you be so nice to everybody, then?
Well I channel the anger, and knowing what I'm angry at makes me avoid doing the same thing that's making me angry, and it just makes me a better person I guess.

Kirt12255
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:16 AM
I'm only ever angry with a hangover. Have never injured anyone with anger, coz I know it would hurt my hand too...makes no sense to me;)

TF Chipmunk
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:22 AM
I'm only ever angry with a hangover. Have never injured anyone with anger, coz I know it would hurt my hand too...makes no sense to me;)
:lol: I remember this once, I was just absolutely livid, and I wanted to break something really bad, but I didn't want to actually cause dents and broken shards of glass on the floor, so I just threw my water bottle around the house, hitting the wall and making lots of noise :o

Kirt12255
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:28 AM
:lol: I remember this once, I was just absolutely livid, and I wanted to break something really bad, but I didn't want to actually cause dents and broken shards of glass on the floor, so I just threw my water bottle around the house, hitting the wall and making lots of noise :o

:haha: Classic :lol:

Kirt12255
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:33 AM
I remember being in Grade 6 and being really riled up by this kid in my class...and I started walking towards him with windmill punches :lol: I really couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag :(

champion88
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:38 AM
I'm angry with school, family stuff and tennis- was 4/1 up and serving and hurt my achilles and lost 6/4 6/2 :sad:

PatrickRyan
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:50 AM
I'm angry with school, family stuff and tennis- was 4/1 up and serving and hurt my achilles and lost 6/4 6/2 :sad:
im sorry, hope u get better soon :kiss: :)

TF Chipmunk
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:54 AM
I remember being in Grade 6 and being really riled up by this kid in my class...and I started walking towards him with windmill punches :lol: I really couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag :(:spit: Windmill punches?

I've never actually been that angry, and I've never really liked the idea of taking out my anger on other people. I guess consideration and morality gets to me more than anger does :p But anyway, another thing that helps me is music :)

PatrickRyan
Apr 16th, 2006, 12:56 AM
The only time i really get angry is when i lose a match, i start throwing my shoes at my wall

Stamp Paid
Apr 16th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Are you Angry? Why? What makes you Angry? Do you wish you could not be Angry? What have you tried to change it? Anyone ever gone to Anger Management classes? Or seen a counselor about it? Have you ever hurt anyone physically in an act of Anger? Do you find yourself hurting anyone mentally/emotionally because of your Anger?

If you are not Angry, why do you think that is for you while others are so Angry? Would you give any advice to others about it?

==================

Anger can be the result of hurt pride, of unreasonable expectations, or of repeated hostile fantasies. Besides getting our way, we may unconsciously use anger to blame others for our own shortcomings, to justify oppressing others, to boost our own sagging egos, to conceal other feelings, and to handle other emotions (as when we become aggressive when we are afraid). Any situation that frustrates us, especially when we think someone else is to blame for our loss, is a potential trigger for anger and aggression.

http://www.mentalhelp.net/images/root/psyhelp/p.gifSo, what is frustration? It is the feeling we get when we don't get what we want, when something interferes with our gaining a desired and expected goal. It can be physical (a flat tire), our own limitations (paralysis after an accident), our choices (an unprepared for and flunked exam), others' actions (parental restrictions or torturing a political prisoner), others' motives (deception for a self-serving purpose), or society's injustice (born into poverty and finding no way out). http://www.mentalhelp.net/images/root/psyhelp/p.gif

Anger is feeling mad in response to frustration or injury. You don't like what has happened and usually you'd like to get revenge. Anger is an emotional-physiological-cognitive internal state; it is separate from the behavior it might prompt. In some instances, angry emotions are beneficial; if we are being taken advantage of, anger motivates us to take action (not necessarily aggressive) to correct the situation. Aggression is action, i.e. attacking someone or a group. It is intended to harm someone. It can be a verbal attack--insults, threats, sarcasm, or attributing nasty motives to them--or a physical punishment or restriction. What about thoughts and fantasies in which we humiliate or brutally assault our enemies? Is that aggression? What about violent dreams? Such thoughts and dreams suggest anger, of course, but are not aggression as I have defined it here.

http://www.mentalhelp.net/psyhelp/chap7/chap7b.htm

(edit: replaced web link with a better one. lot of good info here.)

I dont know bout all that, but I am angry often.
Because people are assholes. And I'm not.
So I'm incompatible with most people I come in contact with, unfortunately. :(

drake3781
Apr 16th, 2006, 01:59 AM
I dont know bout all that, but I am angry often.
Because people are assholes. And I'm not.
So I'm incompatible with most people I come in contact with, unfortunately. :(

:( :hug:

!<blocparty>!
Apr 16th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Mini bump. Wow I hardly ever look on the second page of NT. :lol:

i rarely get angry. if i do it's only for about 5 minutes.

Same for me. I get angry quite easily at stupid stuff, but generally it doesn't last longer than that.

If I lose at anything, and know I'm better or should have won, I'll be pissed.

Grohl
Apr 16th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I've gone through quite a lot angry years in the past, but that has past.
I managed to leave that behind me (for as good as i can)
still...
sometimes when I think of it, or something reminds me of things that happened, I get so angry with that one person.
or angry at myself, for letting that person get back into my life and ruin everything again

rebel_ffighter
Apr 16th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I am angry since being in my mother's womb

kiwifan
Apr 16th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Some of the people closest to me, in real life, have gotten angry with me over my lack of anger. :lol: :lol: :tape:

Grohl
Apr 16th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Some of the people closest to me, in real life, have gotten angry with me over my lack of anger. :lol: :lol: :tape:
don't you get angry when ppl do that? :p

Sally Struthers
Apr 16th, 2006, 07:27 PM
I am generally a happy and non angry person but on new year's eve I had an episode. :tape:

My new year's plans got changed and I was suddenly overcome with rage while washing my dishes and then started throwing them at the floor causing a big mess :tape:

It felt good :haha: and then it was over after a few minutes of destruction

The housekeeper had a nice surprise the next day :lol:

King Aaron
Apr 16th, 2006, 07:33 PM
I have yet to fully control my anger.

Craigy
Apr 16th, 2006, 08:19 PM
i think i pulled a mucle in my left arm, i can hardly move my arm for the past 2 days, how about u?
huge blister on my right hand, the only way I could play is to change my grip, and I'm not doing that. But everything is fine now, I have something to cover it up.

Black Mamba.
Apr 16th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I'm angry like 90% of the time and I don't know why.

G1Player2
Apr 16th, 2006, 10:38 PM
I'm angry like 90% of the time and I don't know why.

Any idea why? (even though you said you didn't know why) Because you seem like one of the more level-headed posters here and you are slow to anger from what I've noticed. Surprising coming from you.

Goai
Apr 16th, 2006, 10:45 PM
I am very angry and that makes me mad!

Black Mamba.
Apr 16th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Any idea why? (even though you said you didn't know why) Because you seem like one of the more level-headed posters here and you are slow to anger from what I've noticed. Surprising coming from you.

I try to stay calm on here and in my everyday life but people just do stupid things and I get angry.