Apr 15th, 2006, 05:52 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/14/D8GVSUC0H.html

Iran Leader: Israel Will Be Annihilated
Apr 14 12:34 PM US/Eastern
Email this story

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI
Associated Press Writer

TEHRAN, Iran

The president of Iran again lashed out at Israel on Friday and said it was "heading toward annihilation," just days after Tehran raised fears about its nuclear activities by saying it successfully enriched uranium for the first time.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Israel a "permanent threat" to the Middle East that will "soon" be liberated. He also appeared to again question whether the Holocaust really happened.

"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation," Ahmadinejad said at the opening of a conference in support of the Palestinians. "The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."

Ahmadinejad provoked a world outcry in October when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map."

On Friday, he repeated his previous line on the Holocaust, saying: "If such a disaster is true, why should the people of this region pay the price? Why does the Palestinian nation have to be suppressed and have its land occupied?"

The land of Palestine, he said, referring to the British mandated territory that includes all of Israel, Gaza and the West Bank, "will be freed soon."

He did not say how this would be achieved, but insisted to the audience of at least 900 people: "Believe that Palestine will be freed soon."

"The existence of this (Israeli) regime is a permanent threat" to the Middle East, he added. "Its existence has harmed the dignity of Islamic nations."

The three-day conference on Palestine is being attended by officials of Hamas, the ruling party in the Palestinian territories.

Iran has previously said it will give money to the Palestinian Authority to make up for the withdrawal of donations by Western nations who object to Hamas' refusal to recognize Israel and renounce violence. But no figure has been published.

On Tuesday, Ahmadinejad announced that Iran had successfully enriched uranium using a battery of 164 centrifuges, a significant step toward the large-scale production of enriched uranium required for either fueling nuclear reactors or making nuclear weapons.

The United States, France and Israel accuse Iran of using a civilian nuclear program to secretly build a weapon. Iran denies this, saying its program is confined to generating electricity.

The U.N. Security Council has given Iran until April 28 to cease enrichment. But Iran has rejected the demand.

The chief of Israeli military intelligence, Maj. Gen. Amos Yadlin, was quoted Wednesday as saying Iran could develop a nuclear bomb "within three years, by the end of the decade."

TF Chipmunk
Apr 15th, 2006, 06:03 AM
:cuckoo:

I really don't understand how Israel is a "threat" :shrug:

timafi
Apr 15th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Mah needs to go away.fast :armed: :armed:
this man wants to create chaos in the ME :timebomb: :timebomb: :timebomb: and he's :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Fingon
Apr 15th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Mah needs to go away.fast :armed: :armed:
this man wants to create chaos in the ME :timebomb: :timebomb: :timebomb: and he's :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

the man is a clown, honestly, he is a poor idiot, nothing has changed, the ayatollahs still control the country and had this idiot making noise to keep the attention away from them.

jmd
Apr 15th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Now There Is A Reason And A Justification For Israel To Attack Iran

jmd
Apr 15th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Fuck Him!!!!!!!!!!!1

Strangelove
Apr 15th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Now There Is A Reason And A Justification For Israel To Attack IranIsrael attack Iran? Now there's just another reason and justification for Bush to attack Iran. Or at least something that constitutes a reason and justification in Bush's eyes.

RVD
Apr 15th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Umm...? I don't believe him. I'd say he's bluffing and that it's nothing more than political posturing.

My understanding is that he's not very popular in Iran, and that he needs something to garner approval from the people. In fact, I just finished watching this round-table discussion about this 'bonehead'. :lol:
The consensus is that he's taking the "North Korean" of diplomacy route. In essence, if you have a 'nuke', they [Western Nations] won't 'F' with you. :lol:

Personally, I believe Iran wants bartering rights (with the West), like it's neighbors. And that there is no way they'd possibly use nukes on Israel. :shrug:
Reason 1) They are still YEARS away from a viable nuclear arsonal. and before they could develop a mid-range nuclear weapon, just about every nation with nuclear capability would galvanize to take them out.

NO WARRIES MATE... :cool: :)

jmd
Apr 15th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Thx Nice Point

Veritas
Apr 15th, 2006, 09:20 AM
I'm sure it's pretty much public knowledge that anything Ahmadinejad says is no different to celebrity ramblings about Scientology :tape:

Honestly, any reports that cover him will fare much better in the tabloid trash section.

Veritas
Apr 15th, 2006, 09:22 AM
The consensus is that he's going the "North Korean" of diplomacy. In essence, if you have a 'nuke', they [Western Nations] won't 'F' with you. :lol:

He sure picked a one hell of a model from the likes of Kim Jong-Il :rolls:

leeber
Apr 15th, 2006, 10:13 AM
This guy is a :retard:

Solitaire
Apr 15th, 2006, 11:00 AM
oh Iran is a hoot! :lol:

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 15th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Considering the mans past (he was identified as one of the kidnappers of Americans during the Iran Hostage Crisis), it would make sense he would attempt to blackmail the world by holding Israel hostage.

Iran needs regime change, and I think Israel should be the one to do it.

Jakeev
Apr 15th, 2006, 11:38 AM
I'm sure it's pretty much public knowledge that anything Ahmadinejad says is no different to celebrity ramblings about Scientology :tape:

Honestly, any reports that cover him will fare much better in the tabloid trash section.

Still, it makes you wonder what this dingbat daydreams about. Just another man that spews hate and for whatever reason people listen to him.

Halardfan
Apr 15th, 2006, 11:44 AM
His deranged ramblings hopefully don't reflect the opinions of those who really run Iran.

Both Iran and elements of the US government seem in deranged mood over all this...its as though Iraq never happened...Iraq is a disaster, yet some want to take on Iran next? Crazy.

Iran sees that going nuclear has given North Korea effective immunity from attack, Iraq had no WMD's and so it fell. The lesson for them is actually quite logical. Get WMD's...no invasion.

Watch something like Fox News, and you'll see the anti-Iranian propaganda machine full flow, just as it was against Iraq. Its horrifying.

Again, the case for preventing Iran having nuclear weapons would be much stronger if we didn't turn a blind eye to Israel sizeable secret nuclear arsenal. We msut be more ene handed in our dealings with the region.

Im NOT saying Israel is the same as Iran, but I am saying no one in the middle east should have WMD's.

sapir1434
Apr 15th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Oh my god :rolleyes: :lol:

Veritas
Apr 15th, 2006, 12:40 PM
oh Iran is a hoot! :lol:

Or, rather, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the one who's "a hoot".

Scotso
Apr 15th, 2006, 02:09 PM
I'd really love for the Israeli government to get on TV and say, "bring it!" I think it would give this guy a heart attack.

Hulet
Apr 15th, 2006, 03:13 PM
I watched a clip of Shimon Perez's interview with CNN the other day. He said with serious look on his face (I paraphrase here), "Israel is not a threat to anyone. We are not an aggressive nation." I laughed until my stomach hurts.

Btw, I have heard that Iran has never invaded another country, is this true? Can someone confirm this?

Scotso
Apr 15th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Btw, I have heard that Iran has never invaded another country, is this true? Can someone confirm this?

False.

Scotso
Apr 15th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I watched a clip of Shimon Perez's interview with CNN the other day. He said with serious look on his face (I paraphrase here), "Israel is not a threat to anyone. We are not an aggressive nation." I laughed until my stomach hurts.

Israel isn't aggressive. If Israel were aggressive, they would probably control most of the Middle East by now. Israel is a militant defensive nation, but they are not aggressive.

Hulet
Apr 15th, 2006, 05:41 PM
False.
Which country then did it invade? Come on, be a little forthcoming with the info. :)

Hulet
Apr 15th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Israel isn't aggressive. If Israel were aggressive, they would probably control most of the Middle East by now. Israel is a militant defensive nation, but they are not aggressive.
Don't tell me you believe in that too. These are some of the little Israeli adventures I remember right now:
-Israel invaded with the French and British, the Suez Canal.
-Israel invaded Lebanon.
-Israel attacked Iraqi targets, conducts similar sorties on Syrian targets and threatens to strike Iran too.
And, I won't even mention the Palestinians.

All aggressive actions could be interpreted as defensive measures. All. That's if you are willing enough a bias to cloud your judgments. About Israel controling the whole of Middle East, come on: they have had enough problem controlling just the Gaza strip.

SelesFan70
Apr 15th, 2006, 06:14 PM
:cuckoo:

I really don't understand how Israel is a "threat" :shrug:

Because they aren't muslims...so in effect anyone else who isn't muslim is a threat, too...is it becoming clear yet?

Stamp Paid
Apr 15th, 2006, 06:32 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/14/D8GVSUC0H.html

Iran Leader: Israel Will Be Annihilated
Apr 14 12:34 PM US/Eastern
Email this story

By ALI AKBAR DAREINI
Associated Press Writer

TEHRAN, Iran

The president of Iran again lashed out at Israel on Friday and said it was "heading toward annihilation," just days after Tehran raised fears about its nuclear activities by saying it successfully enriched uranium for the first time.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Israel a "permanent threat" to the Middle East that will "soon" be liberated. He also appeared to again question whether the Holocaust really happened.

"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation," Ahmadinejad said at the opening of a conference in support of the Palestinians. "The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."

Ahmadinejad provoked a world outcry in October when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map."

On Friday, he repeated his previous line on the Holocaust, saying: "If such a disaster is true, why should the people of this region pay the price? Why does the Palestinian nation have to be suppressed and have its land occupied?"

The land of Palestine, he said, referring to the British mandated territory that includes all of Israel, Gaza and the West Bank, "will be freed soon."

He did not say how this would be achieved, but insisted to the audience of at least 900 people: "Believe that Palestine will be freed soon."

"The existence of this (Israeli) regime is a permanent threat" to the Middle East, he added. "Its existence has harmed the dignity of Islamic nations."

The three-day conference on Palestine is being attended by officials of Hamas, the ruling party in the Palestinian territories.

Iran has previously said it will give money to the Palestinian Authority to make up for the withdrawal of donations by Western nations who object to Hamas' refusal to recognize Israel and renounce violence. But no figure has been published.

On Tuesday, Ahmadinejad announced that Iran had successfully enriched uranium using a battery of 164 centrifuges, a significant step toward the large-scale production of enriched uranium required for either fueling nuclear reactors or making nuclear weapons.

The United States, France and Israel accuse Iran of using a civilian nuclear program to secretly build a weapon. Iran denies this, saying its program is confined to generating electricity.

The U.N. Security Council has given Iran until April 28 to cease enrichment. But Iran has rejected the demand.

The chief of Israeli military intelligence, Maj. Gen. Amos Yadlin, was quoted Wednesday as saying Iran could develop a nuclear bomb "within three years, by the end of the decade."

I trust Israeli intelligence FAR more than American intelligence, especially on a matter such as this. I belive Yadlin. :unsure:

Stamp Paid
Apr 15th, 2006, 06:41 PM

You think so? IMO Israel is aggressive as HELL, but its because they HAVE to be. Hopefully they can do some more covert shit and destroy Iran's nuclear capabilities before they even come to fruition, like they did in Iraq.

kiwifan
Apr 15th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Hasn't he said this, like 12,000 times now.

We get it, he doesn't care for Israel. :yawn:

timafi
Apr 15th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Hasn't he said this, like 12,000 times now.

We get it, he doesn't care for Israel. :yawn:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RVD
Apr 15th, 2006, 08:33 PM
His deranged ramblings hopefully don't reflect the opinions of those who really run Iran.

Both Iran and elements of the US government seem in deranged mood over all this...its as though Iraq never happened...Iraq is a disaster, yet some want to take on Iran next? Crazy.

Iran sees that going nuclear has given North Korea effective immunity from attack, Iraq had no WMD's and so it fell. The lesson for them is actually quite logical. Get WMD's...no invasion.

Watch something like Fox News, and you'll see the anti-Iranian propaganda machine full flow, just as it was against Iraq. Its horrifying.

Again, the case for preventing Iran having nuclear weapons would be much stronger if we didn't turn a blind eye to Israel sizeable secret nuclear arsenal. We msut be more ene handed in our dealings with the region.

Im NOT saying Israel is the same as Iran, but I am saying no one in the middle east should have WMD's.Fervently agree.
I would also add that FOX News has in the past been the Rosetta Stone of this current White House.
They are used to get whatever message out that the White House wants at any particular time...in order to whip the weak-minded public into a frothy-mindless-frenzy. FOX News is in 'hyper-deluxe-SPIN-mode' over this because the administration is choking on it's own umbilical cord. But we'll have to wait and see just how far the new ruse goes.

Fortunately, at the moment, it would appear that the American public has finally caught on. :cool:

P.S.
What do you think of my new improved rhetorical verbiage? :lol: :devil:

RVD
Apr 15th, 2006, 08:46 PM
QUESTION:
Where did Iran say that they are in the process of developing nuclear weapons?

I ask because I can't locate a credible source that confirms this 'idea'.

I've read where the U.S. has authorized Iran to have nuclear 'energy'...which by the way requires enriched uranium....and then 'flip' their position. It almost appears as if the U.S. is again 'creating' a situation in order to manipulate the world once again.
Anyway, as far as I can tell, Iran barely has enough enriched uranium to power the present region now, let alone being y e a r s away from creating ONE nuclear bomb. :shrug: So what the real deal here? :confused:

Scotso
Apr 15th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Which country then did it invade? Come on, be a little forthcoming with the info. :)

You don't remember the Iran-Iraq war?

Scotso
Apr 15th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Also, Iran used to be "Persia," and Persia invaded a lot of nations in its history.

sapir1434
Apr 16th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Because they aren't muslims...so in effect anyone else who isn't muslim is a threat, too...is it becoming clear yet?
Just the case.

Jennifer North
Apr 16th, 2006, 04:07 AM
You don't remember the Iran-Iraq war?

sorry, honey, but Hulet is right, and that example just does not cut it... Saddan's Iraq, armed by several Western powers btw, was the aggressor in that war and only after the Iranians put out a fierce fight to expell the invading Iraqui troops, they pushed forward towards Iraqui territory... Israel's Suez attack and Lebanese occupation otoh :tape: ... don't forget that both GB and France had huge interests in the Suez canal that were being threatened by Nasser's nationalism, and Israel has often enjoyed full or at least placid comply from several Western European countries and especially the US, so the American media can be very persuasive and selective on the way they report different sides of the story...

Black Mamba.
Apr 16th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Israel has one of the strongest miltaries in the world. I don't think Iran wants it with them. Even though they haven't offically acknowledged it we all know Israel has nukes and if Iran attacks them don't be suprised if they use them.

Scotso
Apr 16th, 2006, 03:40 PM
sorry, honey, but Hulet is right, and that example just does not cut it... Saddan's Iraq, armed by several Western powers btw, was the aggressor in that war and only after the Iranians put out a fierce fight to expell the invading Iraqui troops, they pushed forward towards Iraqui territory...

He didn't say that Iran had never been an aggressor, he said they never invaded another country. They did invade Iraq.