PDA

View Full Version : Do You Eat At Restaurants For "The Experience" Of The Place?

SelesFan70
Apr 14th, 2006, 03:56 AM
I was listening to someone at work talk about how he and his wife love to eat at new places for the experience of eating at a new place and to experience the food.

When I eat out, it's because I don't want to cook? I go to eat, not to experience the ambiance.

Am I missing something? :confused:

Scotso
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:15 AM
I go for the food. I usually go to the same Mexican restaurant every time I go out. It's a little hole in the wall place, but the food is great and the prices are very good.

SelesFan70
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:28 AM
I go for the food. I usually go to the same Mexican restaurant every time I go out. It's a little hole in the wall place, but the food is great and the prices are very good.

Oh those hole in the walls are THE BEST! I love to get my chinese take out from those places... :bounce:

Solitaire
Apr 14th, 2006, 06:13 AM
The experience of the place is half the fun. Going to the same ole place can get boring but I'm guilty of that as well.

SloKid
Apr 14th, 2006, 08:30 AM
I eat out practically every day during the week, except on the weekends and I only go to places to eat :shrug:

controlfreak
Apr 14th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Well, unless you just walk into the first restaurant you come across, I don't think you can say you don't choose the place based on the experience you think it will deliver. Say you have two restaurants that serve exactly the same food at exactly the same price -- do you go into the crummy dirtball of a place which is right next door to your house, or do you go to the slightly nicer, cleaner, classier place at the other end of the street? If you're just going for the food... well I guess you and I won't be dining together very often.

Kart
Apr 14th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Experience is overrated I agree.

Personally I just do it to have people serve me.

"Sluggy"
Apr 14th, 2006, 12:25 PM
if the food is good, but the atmosphere lousy, ie, too crowded, noisy or dirty, then it just isnt worth it.

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 14th, 2006, 12:47 PM
YES, i do heaps of things for the sake of doing it, not because I really want to, but just so I can say ive done it and then can be a more interesting person when i chat to ppl lol. lame i know.