PDA

View Full Version : What is/was your high school class rank?

Summer Snow
Apr 13th, 2006, 01:26 AM
For the Americans most of, if not all, shold know what I am talking about. For those of you who needs to be reminded, a class rank is what tells you where you fall in terms of highest GPA to lowest. The lower the number, the better :wavey:

I am currently 5/336 with a 4.5781 weighted GPA. The class rank, along with my GPA will be better, because I had a grade change in my AP Psychology class, from a B to an A. I hope some of you will respnd! :hug:

bw2082
Apr 13th, 2006, 01:33 AM
1/422 in 1996 .. I'm old :sad:

UDACHi
Wow. Let's all worship you.

azmad_88
i was first in class once in 1995 semester 1
and the second time was 2005 semester 1
it took exactly 10 years to be back on top
been 2nd so many times
my worst number was 15 (1997 semester 2)
been a consistent top 10
wherelse my best position in school i think was 7th or 9th i cant remember

Summer Snow
Apr 13th, 2006, 01:36 AM
:eek: I will dio whatever it takes to achieve the No.1 ranking! :D :worship: I ended my game to focus on getting straight A's :D

Congratz! What did you say in your speech? What issues did you address? What did you talk about? Did you thank anyone? :wavey:

Summer Snow
Apr 13th, 2006, 01:39 AM
i was first in class once in 1995 semester 1
and the second time was 2005 semester 1
it took exactly 10 years to be back on top
been 2nd so many times
my worst number was 15 (1997 semester 2)
been a consistent top 10
wherelse my best position in school i think was 7th or 9th i cant remember
Oh! i know this system! While attending school in Jamaica/England, I had the same system. In 2nd grade I was 3rd, then 2nd, then 3rd. In the 3rd grade I was 11th :help: :o, then 6th, then 4th. In 4th garde I was 2nd, the 1st, and 1st again!!! :bounce: 4th garde was my 1st time coming 1st! :D 5th garde I was 1st, then 6th :sad:, then 1st! In the 6th garde i was 1st for the 1st semester, then I moved to Florida :sad:

Cat's Pajamas
Apr 13th, 2006, 01:43 AM
10th out of a very small school :o :lol: GPA is 3.84

SelesFan70
Apr 13th, 2006, 01:43 AM
I was ranked 3rd in my class :bounce: I had a very small class...like only 117 people...and most of us failed Algebra III/Trigonometry...and the two students ranked ahead of me passed it...with an A :mad:

Ironically, I was the one who said the prayer... :tape:

bw2082
Apr 13th, 2006, 01:46 AM
:eek: I will dio whatever it takes to achieve the No.1 ranking! :D :worship: I ended my game to focus on getting straight A's :D

Congratz! What did you say in your speech? What issues did you address? What did you talk about? Did you thank anyone? :wavey:

it was your standard sort of thing... my school was new so we were the first graduating class having started to fill a new grade each year since 7th (7th - 12th at that point until they built the middle schoo la couple of years later and dropped it to 9-12) ... then there was something about the tornado that happened in 11th grade during which time we had to split schools with the rival school across town ... and there wasa section about the class's achievements during that year and then thanking the teachers, staff, parents, etc... and then good luck and best wishes part ... it was a horrible experience, especially when the class president's speech which was immediately before said almost the same thing (obviosuly no consulting went on and they weren't read during rehearsal) :lol:

Summer Snow
Apr 13th, 2006, 01:48 AM
I was ranked 3rd in my class :bounce: I had a very small class...like only 117 people...and most of us failed Algebra III/Trigonometry...and the two students ranked ahead of me passed it...with an A :mad:

Ironically, I was the one who said the prayer... :tape:
That's still very impressive! :worship: :D :bounce:

Summer Snow
Apr 13th, 2006, 01:53 AM
it was your standard sort of thing... my school was new so we were the first graduating class having started to fill a new grade each year since 7th (7th - 12th at that point until they built the middle schoo la couple of years later and dropped it to 9-12) ... then there was something about the tornado that happened in 11th grade during which time we had to split schools with the rival school across town ... and there wasa section about the class's achievements during that year and then thanking the teachers, staff, parents, etc... and then good luck and best wishes part ... it was a horrible experience, especially when the class president's speech which was immediately before said almost the same thing (obviosuly no consulting went on and they weren't read during rehearsal) :lol:
I see :D If I do get it, which I think will happen, I don't know what I should talk about.. :o

No Name Face
Apr 13th, 2006, 02:22 AM
2/341

so close to #1 :mad:
but i still got to give a speech so it's all good. salutatorians all the way!

Ferosh
Apr 13th, 2006, 02:35 AM
4/1XXX

It was a pretty big class!

Brooklyn90
Apr 13th, 2006, 02:38 AM
i don't remember what number i was but i was right in the middle of my class this year. But i think i've went down because of my math grade

Summer Snow
Apr 13th, 2006, 02:42 AM
2/341

so close to #1 :mad:
but i still got to give a speech so it's all good. salutatorians all the way!
:o That sucks! :sad: Salutatorians normally get into better colleges ;) Where did you go to college? :drool: :lick: :bounce:

jerk-in-the-box
Apr 13th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Lovejoy High School Class of 2004

I am now a sophmore at The University of Georgia and supremely glad to be rid of high school.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 13th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Bleh, we didn't get to know our placement in our class unless we were top three. I was number 1 in grade ten and after that I got lazy ;) It's like, as soon as I got to the top I was satisfied and felt no need to prove myself any further. I still did well, of course, top ten for sure... but meh. I'm too easily satisfied, that's why I underachieve.

CondiLicious
Apr 13th, 2006, 03:06 AM
I wouldn't know my rank but I know I got the best GCSE results out of the girls at my high school. There were probably a couple of boys that did better than me though.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 13th, 2006, 03:08 AM
I wouldn't know my rank but I know I got the best GCSE results out of the girls at my high school. There were probably a couple of boys that did better than me though.
I was always the highest scoring female on the Waterloo Math Contests at my highschool... I was also the only female that bothered to write them :p

AjdeNate!
Apr 13th, 2006, 03:09 AM
#4 out of ??? I dunno... like 500 I think. But that was 13 years ago.
I did however just graduate Magna Cum Laude from university if that matters.

Reuchlin
Apr 13th, 2006, 04:32 AM
I had a 4.0 GPA in my last year-- and finished highschool a year early: we didn't have class ranks.

CooCooCachoo
Apr 13th, 2006, 07:37 AM
I think this system is really good to motivate students! Except when you hit rock bottom of course :tape:

I can't compare my school to all of yours, I guess. It was a small high school with a tough admission policy; if they thought you were not good enough, which they almost thought in my case :rolleyes:, they could reject you. I had to undergo a test that I barely passed to prove that I was good enough to study there :tape:

Anyways, I guess there were no more than sixty students in my final year, because it was all very small-scale. There was only one guy that was doing as good as I was, but in the end I beat him in average grade by .05 :rolls: So I finished first with an average grade of 8.8.

I don't know what that is in GPA, because the GPA system we use here in uni only goes till 4.00 but I saw others mentioning a GPA higher than 4.00 here.

Ilikebigboobies
Apr 13th, 2006, 08:38 AM
1398 / 1524.

I had reached 1124 at one stage.

controlfreak
Apr 13th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Looks like most of you would finish bottom of my class in modesty :tape:

angele87
Apr 13th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I was first in my class all through junior high and high school except for one semester, but I went to a very small school so that doesn't mean much :p We didn't do GPA either but my average varied from 92-96 through-out those years. My lowest average was my senior high because my two calculus courses and one physics course really brought my average down. My best year was probably 10th or 11th grade.

angele87
Apr 13th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Oh and I didn't have to speak at graduation.... I am forever grateful that my school got rid of the valedictorian speech.

saniafan2005
Apr 13th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I was ranked first in my school until 7th grade, then 8-9th-third, 10th-2nd, 11-12th-third.

skanky~skanketta
Apr 13th, 2006, 03:43 PM
my GPA was 3.53 which IMO was pretty good.

i think i was 12th or 13th overall in 82 students.

it would have been better if they had weighted the subjects from easiest to hardest. i did 3 tough subjects, 1 relatively hard and 2 easy. some had it easy all the way. :mad:

anyway, it doesn't really matter because i kicked ass for the IB's. i placed in the top 10.

and that's a long time ago. i graduated with honors for my degree and i'm doing pretty well in my masters now. granted, i'm doing coursework instead of a thesis, but heck. it's better than some people.

!<blocparty>!
Apr 13th, 2006, 03:56 PM
This ranking stuff is stupid.

What about the poor kids with dyslexia or learning problems that come bottom of the list?

I had one of the best set of GCSE results for boys in my year of 140, probably in the top 10/15 including girls.

ptkten
Apr 13th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I'm pretty sure some people are just making their rankings up :o The odds of everyone on this board being in the top 5 of their high school rankings is extremely miniscule, otherwise I think the banter on this board would be a lot more intelligent ;)

Sally Struthers
Apr 13th, 2006, 04:11 PM
I'm pretty sure some people are just making their rankings up :o The odds of everyone on this board being in the top 5 of their high school rankings is extremely miniscule, otherwise I think the banter on this board would be a lot more intelligent ;)

I dunno... consider the usual demographic of the ones spending all day online and it might change your mind :lol:

Anyway, the way someone speaks on a forum isn't any indication of how they perform in school. You know, people let their hair down so to speak in social settings.

!<blocparty>!
Apr 13th, 2006, 04:12 PM
I dunno... consider the usual demographic of the ones spending all day online and it might change your mind :lol:

Anyway, the way someone speaks on a forum isn't any indication of how they perform in school. You know, people let their hair down so to speak in social settings.

Plus the people who had a good score are more likely to come in and tell us what they got than the ones who did a bit crap in comparison.

But some people's top 5/10 finishes are very suspect to say the least. :tape:

Sally Struthers
Apr 13th, 2006, 04:17 PM
As for Sally, we didn't have class ranks back in the stone age. Your rank was basically how many times you survived being attacked by a dinosaur :lol:

Summer Snow
Apr 13th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Well I am really No. 5, and would love if everyone would be honest! It is inetresting to see. :D

Martian Willow
Apr 13th, 2006, 04:37 PM

At least you can remember. :p

John A Roark
Apr 13th, 2006, 05:11 PM
About sixtieth out of a graduating class of 105.
Never wanted to do homework--got miserable grades in math and science, did fairly well in history and French, have never gotten below an A- in any English of any kind, ever, high school or college.
Smart enough, I suppose, but I was a lazy youth.

ampers&
Apr 13th, 2006, 05:30 PM
erm...i was ranked 40+ out of 60+ (our class started out with around 300+ students, but only about 1/6 of us actually graduated.:tape: ) in one of the worst high schools in D.C. :o
but it had nothing to do with my intelligence level.
i simply could care less about high school.:shrug:
i'm definitely ranked higher now in college, but i could care less about the actual number.
as long as i graduate with a GPA high enough to get me into a good grad school, i'm happy. :D

gentenaire
Apr 13th, 2006, 05:38 PM
We don't have that kind of system but I was always 1st in my class. Wasn't always fun.

skanky~skanketta
Apr 13th, 2006, 05:41 PM
erm...i was ranked 40+ out of 60+ (our class started out with around 300+ students, but only about 1/6 of us actually graduated.:tape: ) in one of the worst high schools in D.C. :o
but it had nothing to do with my intelligence level.
i simply could care less about high school.:shrug:
i'm definitely ranked higher now in college, but i could care less about the actual number.
as long as i graduate with a GPA high enough to get me into a good grad school, i'm happy. :Dand of course, u gotta land a good job in my lap.:tape:

oh btw, i was ranked quite high because i um, sorta cheated my way through the chemistry monthly tests. i'm surprised the teachers never caught on. i mean, consistently 85 and above during the tests and 60-64 during the finals. :tape: and that too is because of the option paper where i could go on and on about organic chemistry. if it was about enthalpy and entropy my ass would have failed.

skanky~skanketta
Apr 13th, 2006, 05:44 PM
We don't have that kind of system but I was always 1st in my class. Wasn't always fun.nerd! :ras:

;)

cant beat being a cheerleader though, where teachers never used your work as examples even though they were top notch. and it was difficult to get an intelligent lab partner cuz they all thought you had air between your ears. :rolleyes: zoe and tammy, u bitches can burn in HELL!

decemberlove
Apr 13th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Bleh, we didn't get to know our placement in our class unless we were top three. I was number 1 in grade ten and after that I got lazy ;) It's like, as soon as I got to the top I was satisfied and felt no need to prove myself any further. I still did well, of course, top ten for sure... but meh. I'm too easily satisfied, that's why I underachieve.

This is my problem in life. As soon as I reach the top, I get cocky and apathetic.

I think my ranking was like 50 (or maybe 80?)/350. Who knows - 2001 was five years ago. I remember just being happy I graduated because I was so close to being kicked out. Had I not had all the honors classes my freshman, sophomore, and junior year, my rank would've been much lower. I don't think I ever knew what my GPA was.

Summer Snow
Apr 13th, 2006, 06:05 PM
nerd! :ras:

;)

cant beat being a cheerleader though, where teachers never used your work as examples even though they were top notch. and it was difficult to get an intelligent lab partner cuz they all thought you had air between your ears. :rolleyes: zoe and tammy, u bitches can burn in HELL!
:tape: :o :help:

skanky~skanketta
Apr 13th, 2006, 06:08 PM
:tape: :o :help:i'm serious!that's why i never stereotype anyone. i've been on the receiving end of it. even my parents were the same for crying out loud. they were never as hard on me as they were on my sister and it kinda hurt.

Summer Snow
Apr 13th, 2006, 06:31 PM
i'm serious!that's why i never stereotype anyone. i've been on the receiving end of it. even my parents were the same for crying out loud. they were never as hard on me as they were on my sister and it kinda hurt.
:lol:! I suggest you visit a pyschologist. You seem to have some emotions and memories hidden in your unconcious. I think you would be a much hapier person if your unconcious is revealed :hug: :bolt:

skanky~skanketta
Apr 13th, 2006, 07:18 PM
:lol:! I suggest you visit a pyschologist. You seem to have some emotions and memories hidden in your unconcious. I think you would be a much hapier person if your unconcious is revealed :hug: :bolt:i figured it out though. they didn't need to be hard on me cuz i was too competitive to acutally slip. but still.

Summer Snow
Apr 13th, 2006, 08:29 PM
i figured it out though. they didn't need to be hard on me cuz i was too competitive to acutally slip. but still.
:lol: You crack me up! :kiss: :hug: Where are you from? How old are you? What's your real name? :o Sorry, I am tad bit inquisitive :angel:

CondiLicious
Apr 13th, 2006, 08:59 PM
This is my problem in life. As soon as I reach the top, I get cocky and apathetic.

That was my problem. I remember when I was 14 I was by far the best in my year at Maths... I'd get different tasks to complete to the rest of my class cause what they were doing was a bit too easy for me. But then I couldn't be bothered to push myself for the next 2 years and a whole bunch of people did better than me in the end.

*Karen*
Apr 13th, 2006, 09:07 PM
We don't have a ranking system here but I was pretty average really. I was in the top set class for everything but i was always bottom of that class which wasn't very nice. I was lazy and didn't put in the work to get really good grades. High school exams really aint worth the paper their written on now. They're designed so everyone passes

No Name Face
Apr 13th, 2006, 11:17 PM
:o That sucks! :sad: Salutatorians normally get into better colleges ;) Where did you go to college? :drool: :lick: :bounce:

i'm in college. not saying where, i don't want to die. but i go to a good public school (the best in ny ;) ) where i got a scholarship...made more sense then going to cornell, which i got into. and i got a sweet ass internship in the city, so my school's good for something.

i did find it suspect too that so many people graduated high, but i wouldn't lie about it. i mean, what's the point?

Ryan
Apr 14th, 2006, 01:43 AM
We had 'ranks' at my school, but no GPA's that I can think of. When applying for Uni, I went to the guidance counsellor, and I was in the top 15 out of 400+ kids. :shrug: My Uni GPA was a 2.85/4.3 at January though :tape: Probably the toughest course in the world. It's going to be much better at the end of the year, my marks have skyrocketed. Meh, first year GPA doesn't put my panties in a knot very much.

Summer Snow
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:44 AM
We had 'ranks' at my school, but no GPA's that I can think of. When applying for Uni, I went to the guidance counsellor, and I was in the top 15 out of 400+ kids. :shrug: My Uni GPA was a 2.85/4.3 at January though :tape: Probably the toughest course in the world. It's going to be much better at the end of the year, my marks have skyrocketed. Meh, first year GPA doesn't put my panties in a knot very much.
:hug: i take it you're a girl :o I saw Ryan, and automatically thought you were a guy! What's wrong with me! :bugcry: :sad:

G~Playa
Apr 14th, 2006, 04:45 AM
im not that smart like sum nerds...in my class

Sevenseas
Apr 14th, 2006, 07:42 AM
We had a very different system called “Credit System” back then.
I was first in my class and in overall rankings of my school, I graduated as the third student with total grades of “4.72” out of “5”.

CooCooCachoo
Apr 14th, 2006, 08:22 AM
We don't have a ranking system here but I was pretty average really. I was in the top set class for everything but i was always bottom of that class which wasn't very nice. I was lazy and didn't put in the work to get really good grades. High school exams really aint worth the paper their written on now. They're designed so everyone passes

I agree. Some of these idiots that passed high school in my year :unsure:

rrfnpump
Apr 14th, 2006, 08:33 AM
I think this system is really good to motivate students! Except when you hit rock bottom of course :tape:

I can't compare my school to all of yours, I guess. It was a small high school with a tough admission policy; if they thought you were not good enough, which they almost thought in my case :rolleyes:, they could reject you. I had to undergo a test that I barely passed to prove that I was good enough to study there :tape:

Anyways, I guess there were no more than sixty students in my final year, because it was all very small-scale. There was only one guy that was doing as good as I was, but in the end I beat him in average grade by .05 :rolls: So I finished first with an average grade of 8.8.

I don't know what that is in GPA, because the GPA system we use here in uni only goes till 4.00 but I saw others mentioning a GPA higher than 4.00 here.

:hearts: :worship:

I finished equal first with two other girls among a class of eighty students. I had 89.1% (Abiturschnitt von 1,2)

actually I was second cause on other girl had 89.3%, but it was the same grade of graduation :p

SM
Apr 14th, 2006, 08:49 AM
i came second overall. but im from aus and we dont go by GPAs

LostGlory
Apr 14th, 2006, 09:36 AM
I was top of my class but we were in a small private school....say around 50 or 60 people only in my class.....

Josh B.
Apr 14th, 2006, 11:59 AM
i was the worst in the best group in maths lol

angele87
Apr 14th, 2006, 12:21 PM
We don't have that kind of system but I was always 1st in my class. Wasn't always fun.
I agree that it's not fun. For me, class rank didn't mean all that much, I just wanted to do as well as I could do personally, didn't matter what others around me were doing. Wasn't quite the same for other people though. The worse years were my last two years of high school where people went seperate routes... i went the science route, so lots of calculus, chemistry and biology while others went the arts route, with lots of language and history courses. Those who were the most competitive for class rank took arts courses and expected to be able to move up in ranking because I was doing sciences and they weren't happy when that didn't happen. My senior year I was taking all different courses from another girl and I don't think I wrote one test, exam or paper without her coming to check what my mark was on it :rolleyes: I'm much happier now in university where i'm not the highest rank, it's a lot easier.

polishprodigy
Apr 14th, 2006, 05:05 PM
We didn't have a rank, but I'd say out of my year, I was in the top 15 of about 200 students :)

PointBlank
Apr 14th, 2006, 06:43 PM
6/230ish. GPA 3.8 out of 4.0