PDA

View Full Version : The WTAWorld Soccer World Championships Prediction Game

Pages : [1] 2

Zamboni
Apr 12th, 2006, 05:58 PM
The opening match of the World Cup soccer is less than 2 months away, the first prediction games are already appearing, so I thought it was time for our very own prediction game.
If you think you know everything about soccer, or you want to earn some vCash, here is your place to be!

The general idea
Basically, it's very simpel. You can download the match schedule from the attachment. Fill in a result for every match, and the total amount of goals that you think will be scored in this tournament. You can send the filled in match schedule to me by email or PM, or post it in this thread.
Then you donate $10 of vCash to the user WCPrediction. That is an account I made especially for this game, to be able to separate my own vcash from the cash used for this game.
You can only participate if you've filled in a result for each match, the total numer of goals that you think will be scored, and donated your $10. Half filled in match schedules will not be in the game.

The points system
The preliminary rounds
1 point for the correct outcome of the match (team A wins, team B wins, or they draw)
1 point for the correct number of goals by team A
1 point for the correct number of goals by team B
(that makes a maximum of 3 points per match)

For example:
You predict Germany to beat Costa Rica 2-0
* if that is the correct score you receive 3 points
* if Germany wins 3-1 you get 1 point
* if Germany wins 1-0 you get 2 points
* if the result is 0-0 you get 1 point, however if the result is 1-1 you don't get any points
* if Costa Rica wins, you get no points

The round of 16 and Quarterfinals
1 point for each correct team
1 point for the correct outcome of the match
1 point for the correct numer of goals by team B
(that makes a maximum of 5 points per match)

For example:
You predict the first match in the round of 16 to be Germany - England, result: 0-1
* The match is Germany - Sweden, the result is 0-1; you get 4 points
* The match is Germany - England, the result is 1-0; you get 2 points
That should be clear I think.

The semifinals, 'Loser final' and Final
2 points for each correct team
(that makes a maximum of 7 points per match)

(the example would be the same as for the round of 16 and quarterfinals, except that there are more points to earn)

The total number of goals
This is used when 2 people end with the same number of posts; the person closest to predicting the total number of goals wins.

The winnings
As I said, the winnings will consist of vCash
The Winner wins 60% of the total prizepot
The second place gets you 25% of the prizepot
The third place gets you 15% of the prizepot

Deadline
The deadline for everybody who wants to take a chance is the 5th of June, 6pm CET.

Have fun predicting and good luck! :)
I will bump this thread from time to time to give everyone a chance;)

King Aaron
Apr 12th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Only 1st, 2nd and 3rd get their hands on some vCash? :p Pfft. Not a big chance I can win some virtual money. ;)

Chris 84
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Great idea :yeah:

Martian Jeza
Apr 12th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Nice idea although Belgium is not in :D

Rachel_
Apr 12th, 2006, 10:56 PM
:yeah:

Martian Stacey
Apr 13th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Seeing as Australia is part of the World Cup, i want to take part in this :)

Don't think i'll win any money though :lol:

DutchieGirl
Apr 13th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Oh God - soccer - OK I'm out! :wavey: :p

Vacant
Apr 13th, 2006, 01:28 AM
I'll take part. Sounds like a laugh.

SloKid
Apr 24th, 2006, 09:10 AM
I'm so in! :banana: :lol:

TdF_DBLL
Apr 24th, 2006, 08:40 PM
I have to spam a little to gain 10 vCash!

Edit: Ah, I have it now.

WCPrediction
Apr 30th, 2006, 09:33 AM
We're off :bounce:
Donate your cash to this account, fill in your form and you're in :cool:

Have fun everyone:wavey:

King Aaron
Apr 30th, 2006, 08:19 PM
When we donate, must we calculate the tax and donate accordingly? :p
And remind me when it's almost the opening match. ;)

Zamboni
Apr 30th, 2006, 08:48 PM
When we donate, must we calculate the tax and donate accordingly? :p
And remind me when it's almost the opening match. ;)
No, just donate $10, I'm not messing with taxes and stuff:p

You have till June 5th (changed that too), I guess by then you'll hear me talking about it a lot;)

King Aaron
Apr 30th, 2006, 08:51 PM
No, just donate $10, I'm not messing with taxes and stuff:p

You have till June 5th (changed that too), I guess by then you'll hear me talking about it a lot;)
Okay. ;)
And okay too. ;)

Oh you're supposed to reply with the WCPrediction account. You're just confusing everyone like this. :p

TdF_DBLL
Apr 30th, 2006, 08:53 PM
You are allowed to spread you chances. So let's say predicting other Quarterfinalists then the ones based on your first round scores.

WCPrediction
May 1st, 2006, 08:29 AM
You are allowed to spread you chances. So let's say predicting other Quarterfinalists then the ones based on your first round scores.
Of course you can ;) I don't think I'm gonna do that tho, unless some really weird quarterfinalists come out:lol:

Aaron, that's a lot of logging in and out for me:o

Ilikebigboobies
May 1st, 2006, 08:51 AM
I'm in.
How will you know when I have donated my $10 vcash to you?...because I can't afford to pay you more than once. :o

And what do I do with the Match Schedule one I've filled it in?

WCPrediction
May 1st, 2006, 08:56 AM
I'll check the donations page when I see I have gotten more cash.

Martian Stacey
May 1st, 2006, 10:10 AM
I'll donate the $10 soon.

And get around to doing the predicting later :lol:

controlfreak
May 1st, 2006, 11:22 AM
I'll play but I'm not going to apply for at least a month!

Is there a guarantee we will get our money back if something goes wrong and the game is not completed?

WCPrediction
May 1st, 2006, 11:55 AM
You're living up to your username:p
I don't see why the game would be cancelled (unless the board crashes and then everything is lost anyway - lets not think about that) so you don't need to worry about your cash :)

controlfreak
May 1st, 2006, 12:25 PM
I have another question: in the knockout stages, is it the score after 90 minutes, the score after extra time, or the score after penalties that will be used for calculating our points?

controlfreak
May 1st, 2006, 12:31 PM
Are you allowed to enter more than once?

WCPrediction
May 1st, 2006, 04:56 PM
I have another question: in the knockout stages, is it the score after 90 minutes, the score after extra time, or the score after penalties that will be used for calculating our points?
That is a good question, I think the score after 90 minutes would be best.
(You can always predict who will win the match eventually in putting that team in the next match;))

And you can enter only once.

Martian Stacey
May 2nd, 2006, 10:22 AM
I donated my $10 ;)

TdF_DBLL
May 2nd, 2006, 10:32 AM
That is a good question, I think the score after 90 minutes would be best.
(You can always predict who will win the match eventually in putting that team in the next match;))

And you can enter only once.

Well most games use the 90 minutes score.

WCPrediction
May 2nd, 2006, 10:38 AM
Well most games use the 90 minutes score.
Another reason to do so as well then;)

Thanx Stacey. Think I'm gonna put the cash on the bank, maybe it'll collect some interest:hehehe:

SloKid
May 2nd, 2006, 10:40 AM
I donated my $10 ;)
I did the same :)

Martian Stacey
May 2nd, 2006, 10:48 AM

Thanx Stacey. Think I'm gonna put the cash on the bank, maybe it'll collect some interest:hehehe:
ah ok i wondered where it went :lol:

good idea :yeah:

SloKid
May 2nd, 2006, 10:49 AM

Just don't go around betting with it...or maybe you could...and win some more...:hehehe: :unsure: :p

WCPrediction
May 2nd, 2006, 07:42 PM
Thanx Milan:)
And trust me, you don't want me betting with your money:tape:
I'm poor:o

King Aaron
May 2nd, 2006, 07:59 PM
How much did you put in the bank? You should make an account/write it down and post all the numbers here. We don't want people to accuse you of anything now would we? :p :p :p

WCPrediction
May 2nd, 2006, 08:37 PM
How much did you put in the bank? You should make an account/write it down and post all the numbers here. We don't want people to accuse you of anything now would we? :p :p :p
Hmm you're right. I guess I'll keep a list in the first post then (even more logging in and out for me:lol: ), saying who have sent me their predictions, who have donated and what I've banked. Hold on;)

Vacant
May 2nd, 2006, 09:29 PM
Donated! :)

WCPrediction
May 2nd, 2006, 09:38 PM
Thanx :) Banking it in a moment:)

For everyone who donates before they send their prediction: don't forget to send it! I'm not returning your money if I don't receive a prediction. (I will remind you tho)

King Aaron
May 3rd, 2006, 06:14 PM
Hmm you're right. I guess I'll keep a list in the first post then (even more logging in and out for me:lol: ), saying who have sent me their predictions, who have donated and what I've banked. Hold on;)
:angel:

And :lol: @ the no refund rule. ;)

WCPrediction
May 3rd, 2006, 06:42 PM
:angel:

And :lol: @ the no refund rule. ;)
well, I'm nice, but I'm having my limits you know;)

Nicjac
May 3rd, 2006, 06:52 PM
I suck at soccer (living in Switzerland ;) but growing up in a big soccer nation :tape: ), so I won't participate.

But maybe I should - I might be one of the few rooting for Togo :D

WCPrediction
May 3rd, 2006, 06:55 PM
I suck at soccer (living in Switzerland ;) but growing up in a big soccer nation :tape: ), so I won't participate.

If you could miss $10 you can always try - it's fun ;):D

controlfreak
May 4th, 2006, 04:54 PM
I have another question. When we guess the total number of goals in the tournament, what kind of goals does that include? Penalty shoot-outs? Extra time goals? Or just 90-minutes goals?

I'll be back later with more questions no doubt.

WCPrediction
May 4th, 2006, 05:27 PM
I have another question. When we guess the total number of goals in the tournament, what kind of goals does that include? Penalty shoot-outs? Extra time goals? Or just 90-minutes goals?

I'll be back later with more questions no doubt.
Extra time goals are included, penalty shootouts are not (personally I think it would be ridiculous to include those)

I'll be waiting for more questions then:lol:

Avid Merrion
May 4th, 2006, 07:41 PM
donated and i'm in :)

i'll predict nearer the time and after i've read all the rules :lol:

WCPrediction
May 4th, 2006, 08:39 PM
:lol: It's a lot of rules to read yeah:o

And banked your donation - thanx:)

Martian Stacey
May 4th, 2006, 11:29 PM

Um, hello, i'm from Australia :lol: You can't be any worse than me :o

WCPrediction
May 6th, 2006, 09:00 AM
First prediction received! :)

Martian Stacey
May 6th, 2006, 09:04 AM
already?

i'm gonna wait a few more weeks before i submit mine... in case there are any more injures and so i can get around to doing some research because i know nothing :lol:

Zamboni
May 6th, 2006, 09:06 AM
already?

i'm gonna wait a few more weeks before i submit mine... in case there are any more injures and so i can get around to doing some research because i know nothing :lol:
aww, I'll help you;)

Martian Stacey
May 6th, 2006, 09:12 AM
yay :D thanks

WCPrediction
May 9th, 2006, 03:05 PM
The first selections being known now (USA, England), I'm sure more people want to take a chance? Come on guys!

SloKid
May 9th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I will still wait a bit longer :p

WCPrediction
May 10th, 2006, 07:14 AM
To help people, th squads that have been named already :)

Ecuador:
Goalkeepers: Edwin Villafuerte (Deportivo Quito), Cristian Mora (LDU), Damian Lanza (Aucas)

Defenders: Ivan Hurtado (Al Arabi, Qatar), Giovanny Espinoza (LDU), Ulises de la Cruz (Aston Villa, England), Paul Ambrossi (LDU), Neicer Reasco (LDU), Jorge Guagua (El Nacional), Jose Luis Perlaza (Olmedo)

Midfielders: Marlon Ayovi (Deportivo Quito), Edwin Tenorio (Barcelona), Edison Mendez (LDU), Patricio Urrutia (LDU), Cristian Lara (El Nacional), Segundo Castillo (El Nacional), Luis Antonio Valencia (Recreativo Huelva, Spain), Luis Fernando Saritama (Deportivo Quito).

Forwards: Cristian Benitez (El Nacional), Felix Borja (El Nacional), Carlos Tenorio (Al Sadd, Qatar), Agustin Delgado (LDU), Ivan Kaviedes (Argentinos Juniors, Argentina)

England:
Goalkeepers: Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur), David James (Manchester City), Robert Green (Norwich City)
Defenders: Gary Neville (Manchester United), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), John Terry (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea)
Midfielders: David Beckham (Real Madrid), Michael Carrick (Tottenham Hotspur), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham Hotspur), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur)
Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Michael Owen (Newcastle United), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Theo Walcott (Arsenal)
On stand-by: Scott Carson (Liverpool), Luke Young (Charlton Athletic), Nigel Reo-Coker (West Ham United), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur) Andrew Johnson (Crystal Palace).

Sweden:
Goal: Alvbage, Isaksson, Shaaban

Defence: K. Svensson, Hansson, Edman, Lucic, Stenman, Nilsson, Mellberg

Middfield: Andersson, Elmander, Jonson, Alexandersson, A. Svensson, Wilhelmsson, Linderoth, Ljungberg, Kallstrom

Forwards: Allback, Ibrahimovic, Larsson, Rosenberg

Australia:
Goal: Schwarzer, Kalac, Covic
Defence: Beauchamp, Moore, Popovic, Neill, Milligan
Midfield: Bresciano, Cahill, Emerton, Chipperfield, Culina, Grella, Lazardis, Skoko, Sterjovski, Wilkshire
Forwards: Aloisi, Kewell, Thompson, Viduka, Kennedy

USA:
Goalkeepers: Kasey Keller (Borussia Monchengladbach), Tim Howard (Manchester United), Marcus Hahnemann (Reading)
Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City Wizards), Cory Gibbs (ADO Den Haag), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Eddie Lewis (Leeds United), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard Liege), Eddie Pope (Real Salt Lake)
Midfielders: Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Clint Dempsey (New England Revolution), Claudio Reyna (Manchester City), John O'Brien (Chivas USA), Ben Olsen (DC United), DaMarcus Beasley (PSV Eindhoven), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), Bobby Convey (Reading)
Forwards: Brian McBride (Fulham), Eddie Johnson (Kansas City Wizards), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo).

Martian Stacey
May 10th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Thanks Linda :)

WCPrediction
May 14th, 2006, 10:03 AM
More teams:

the Netherlands (will resist to comment in here, did that in Come in here if you just wanna say something:lol: I DO have some comments...)
Goal:
Edwin van der Sar, Maarten Stekelenburg, Henk Timmer
Defense:
Kew Jaliens, Joris Mathijsen, Tim de Cler, Khalid Boulahrouz, Jan Kromkamp, André Ooijer, John Heitinga, Goivanni van Bronckhorst
Midfield:
Denny Landzaat, Philip Cocu, Wesley Sneijder, Mark van Bommel, Rafael van der Vaart, Hedwiges Maduro
Forwards:
Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, Ruud van Nistelrooij, Arjen Robben, Robin van Persie, Dirk Kuijt, Ryan Babel

Trinidad&Tobago:
Kelvin Jack (Dundee), Shaka Hislop (West Ham United), Clayton Ince (Coventry City), Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham) Cyd Gray (CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh), Marvin Andrews (Glasgow Rangers), Brent Sancho (Gillingham), Ian Cox (Gillingham), Atiba Charles (W Connection), Avery John (New England Revolution), Silvio Spann (unattached), Chris Birchall (Port Vale), Aurtis Whitley (CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh), Anthony Wolfe (Jabloteh), Densill Theobald (Falkirk), Carlos Edwards (Luton Town), Dwight Yorke (Sydney FC), Russell Latapy (Falkirk), Stern John (Coventry City), Kenwyne Jones (Southampton FC), Collin Samuel (Dundee United), Jason Scotland (St Johnstone), Cornell Glen (LA Galaxy)
Stand-by: Evans Wise (Waldhof Mannheim)

Ghana:
Goal: Adjei (Moadan Sport Ashdod), Owu (Asanti Gold), Kingston (Ankaraspor)
Defense: E. Addo (PSV), Mensah (Stade Rennes), Ahmed (Randers), Mohammed (King Faisal Babes), Illiasu (Asante Kotoko), Kuffour (AS Roma), Painstil (H. Tel Aviv) Pappoe (Kfar Saba), Sarpei (Wolfsburg), Quaye (Hearts of Oak)
Midfield: Appiah (Fenerbahce), O. Addo (Mainz), Boateng (AIK), Essien (Chelsea), Dramani (Rode Ster), Muntari (Udinese)
Forwards: Gyan (Modena), Tachie-Mensah (St. Gallen), Pimpong (Kopenhagen), Amoah (Borussia Dortmund).

Croatia:
Goal: Butina (Club Brugge), Pletikosa (Hajduk Split), Joey Didulica (Aus. Wien)
Defense: R. Kovac (Juventus), Tomas (Galatasaray), Simic (AC Milan), Simunic (Hertha), Tokic (A. Wien), Tudor (Siena)
Midfield: J. Leko (Din. Kiev), Kranjcar (Hajduk Split), N. Kovac (Hertha BSC), Babic (Bayer Leverkusen), Srna (Sjachtar Donetsk), I. Leko (Club Brugge), Modric (Dinamo Zagreb), Vranjes (Werder Bremen) Seric (Panathinaikos)
Forwards: Olic (CSKA Moskou), Prso (Glasg. Rangers), Balaban (Club Brugge), Klasnic (Werder Bremen), Bosnjak (Dinamo Zagreb)

South Korea:
Goal: Woon-Jae Lee (Suwon Bluewings), Yong-Dae Kim (Seongnam Ilwha) Young-Kwang Kim (Chunnam Dragons)

Defense: Young-Pyo Lee (Tottenham Hotspur), Dong-Jin Kim (FC Seoul), Won-Hee Cho (Suwon Bluewings), Chong-Gug Song (Suwon Bluewings), Jin-Cheul Choi (Chonbuk Motors), Jin-Kyu Kim (Jubilo Iwata), Young-Chul Kim (Seongnam Ilwha)

Midfield: Ji-Sung Park (Manchester United), Do-Heon Kim (Seongnam Ilwha), Sang-Shik Kim (Seongnam Ilwha), Nam-Il Kim (Suwon Bluewings), Eul-Yong Lee (Trabzonspor), Ho Lee (Ulsan Tigers), Ji-Hoon Baek (FC Seoul)

Forwards: Jung-Hwan Ahn (MSV Duisburg), Jae-Jin Cho (Shimizu S-Pulse), Chu-Young Park (FC Seoul), Ki-Hyeon Seol (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Chun-Soo Lee (Ulsan Tigers), Kyung-Ho Chung (Gwangju Sangmu).

Mexico:
Goal: Oswaldo Sanchez (Guadalajara), Jose de Jesus (Corona), Guillermo Ochoa (America)
Defense: Carlos Salcido (Guadalajara), Ricardo Osorio (Cruz Azul), Francisco J. Rodriguez (Guadalajara) , Rafael Marquez (Barcelona, Spa), Gonzalo Pineda (Guadalajara), Jose Antonio Castro (America), Mario Mendez (Monterrey), Claudio Suarez (Chivas USA)
Midfield: Pavel Pardo (America), Antonio Naelson (Toluca), Ramon Morales (Guadalajara), Luis Ernesto Perez (Monterrey), Rafael Garcia (Atlas), Gerardo Torrado (Cruz Azul), Jose Andres Guardado (Atlas)
Forwards: Guillermo Franco (Villarreal, Spa), Jose de Jesus Arellano (Monterrey), Jared Borgetti (Bolton Wanderers, Eng), Omar Bravo (Guadalajara), Francisco Fonseca (Cruz Azul)

I think that's all, still quite some selections missing.

WCPrediction
May 15th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Another one:
Japan:

Goal: Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi (Jubilo Iwata), Yoichi Doi (FC Tokyo), Seigo Narazaki (Nagoya Grampus Eight)

Defense: Tsuneyasu Miyamoto (Gamba Osaka), Alex (Urawa Reds), Yuji Nakazawa (Yokohama F-Marinos), Makoto Tanaka (Jubilo Iwata), Akira Kaji (Gamba Osaka), Keisuke Tsuboi (Urawa Reds), Yuichi Komano (Sanfrecce Hiroshima)

Midfield: Hidetoshi Nakata (Bolton Wanderers), Shunsuke Nakamura (Celtic), Shinji Ono (Urawa Reds), Junichi Inamoto (West Bromwich Albion), Koji Nakata (FC Basel), Takashi Fukunishi (Jubilo Iwata), Mitsuo Ogasawara (Kashima Antlers), Yasuhito Endo (Gamba Osaka)

Forwards: Atsushi Yanagisawa (Kashima Antlers), Naohiro Takahara (Hamburger SV), Masashi Oguro (Grenoble), Keiji Tamada (Nagoya Grampus Eight), Seiichiro Maki (JEF United Chiba)

MS
May 15th, 2006, 09:01 AM
I'll take part in this, I have to read the rules later though, lol ;)

Shoulderpova
May 15th, 2006, 09:03 AM
I'm in :)
Whom am I supposed to donate my $10 to?:confused:

WCPrediction
May 15th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Whom am I supposed to donate my $10 to?:confused:
You're supposed to donate to this user ;) (It's my - Zamboni's - alter ego for the game;))

and thanx both:)

Zhao
May 15th, 2006, 09:22 AM
:wavey:

please count me in

thanks

WCPrediction
May 15th, 2006, 02:53 PM
More selections - they're all due today, but the FIFA won't announce them until thursday so I guess we'll have to wait till then for those that are missing? (:mad: some big countries still missing!)

Czech Republic:
Goal: Jaromir Blazek (Sparta Praag), Petr Cech (Chelsea), Antonin Kinsku (Saturn Ramenskoye).
Defense: Zdenek Grygera (Ajax), Marek Jankulovski (AC Milan), Martin Jiranek (Spartak Moskou), Radoslav Kovac (Spartak Moskou), Pavel Mares (Zenit Sint-Petersburg), David Rozehnal (Paris Saint-Germain), Tomas Ujfalusi (Fiorentina).
Midfield: Tomas Galasek (Ajax), David Jarolim (Hamburger SV), Pavel Nedved (Juventus), Jaroslav Plasil (AS Monaco), Karel Poborsku (Dynamo Ceske Budejovice), Jan Polak (1. FC Nurnberg), Tomas Rosicku (Borussia Dortmund), Vladimir Smicer (Girondins Bordeaux).
Forwards: Milan Baros (Aston Villa), Marek Heinz (Galatasaray), Jan Koller (Borussia Dortmund), Vratislav Lokvenc (Red Bull Salzburg), Jiri Stajner (Hannover 96).

Switzerland:
Goal: Pascal Zuberbuhler (FC Basel), Fabio Coltorti (Grasshoppers), Diego Benaglio (CD Nacional).
Defense: Johan Djourou (Arsenal), Ludovic Magnin (VfB Stuttgart), Philippe Senderos (Arsenal), Stephane Grichting (Auxerre), Christoph Spycher (Eintracht Frankfurt), Valon Behrami (Lazio Roma), Patrick Muller (Olympique Lyon), Philipp Degen (Borussia Dortmund).
Midfield: Xavier Margairaz (FC Zurich), Johann Vogel (AC Milan), Ricardo Cabanas (1.FC Koln), Raphael Wicky (Hamburger SV), Daniel Gygax (Lille), David Degen (FC Basel), Blerim Dzemaili (FC Zurich), Tranquillo Barnetta (Bayer Leverkusen).
Forwards: Alexander Frei (Stade Rennes), Marco Streller (1.FC Koln), Mauro Lustrinelli (Sparta Praag), Johan Vonlanthen (NAC).

Germany :o
Goal: Jens Lehmann (Arsenal, Eng), Oliver Kahn (Bayern Munchen), Timo Hildebrand (VfB Stuttgart)
Defense: Arne Friedrich (Hertha), Per Mertesacker (Hannover 96), Robert Huth (Chelsea, Eng), Christoph Metzelder (Borussia Dortmund), Jens Nowotny (Bayer Leverkusen), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munchen), Marcell Jansen (Borussia Monchengladbach)
Midfield: Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munchen), Bernd Schneider (Bayer Leverkusen), Torsten Frings (Werder Bremen), Sebastian Kehl (Borussia Dortmund), Tim Borowski (Werder Bremen), Michael Ballack (Bayern Munchen), Thomas Hitzlsperger (VfB Stuttgart)
Forwards: Miroslav Klose (Werder Bremen), Lukas Podolski (1. FC Koln), Gerald Asamoah (Schalke), Oliver Neuville (Borussia Monchengladbach), Mike Hanke (VfL Wolfsburg), David Odonkor (Borussia Dortmund)

Serbia&Montenegro:
Goal: Dragoslav Jevric (Ankaraspor), Oliver Kovacevic (Zeleznik) Vladan Stojkovic (Nantes)
Defense: Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United) Mladan Krstajic (Schalke 04) Goran Gavrancic (Dynamo Kiev) Milan Dudic (Rode Ster Belgrado) Ivica Dragutinovic (Sevilla) Dusan Basta (Rode Ster Belgrado) Nenad Djordjevic (Partizan Belgrado)
Midfield: Igor Duljaj (Shachtar Donetsk) Albert Nadj (Partizan Belgrado) Ivan Ergic (FC Basel) Dejan Stankovic (Internazionale) Predrag Djordjevic (Olympiakos) Zvonimir Vukic (Partizan Belgrado) Ognjen Koroman (Portsmouth) Danijel Ljuboja (VfB Stuttgart) Sasa Ilic (Galatasaray)
Forwards: Mateja Kezman (Atletico Madrid) Savo Milosevic (Osasuna) Nikola Zigic (Rode Ster Belgrado) Mirko Vucinic (Lecce)

Spain:
Goal : Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Jose Manuel Reina (Liverpool), Santiago Canizares (Valencia).
Defense: Antonio Lopez (Atletico Madrid), Pablo Ibanez (Atletico Madrid), Carles Puyol (FC Barcelona), Juanito (Real Betis), Asier Del Horno (Chelsea), Michel Salgado (Real Madrid), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid) en Carlos Marchena (Valencia).
Midfield: Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Jose Antonio Reyes (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (FC Barcelona), Xavi (FC Barcelona), Joaquin (Real Betis), Luis Garcia (Liverpool), Xabi Alonso (Liverpool), David Albelda (Valencia), Marcos Senna (Villarreal).
Forwards: Fernando Torres (Atletico Madrid), Raul (Real Madrid), David Villa (Valencia).

Ivory Coast:
Goal: Jean-Jacques Tizie (Esperance Tunis), Boubacar Barry Copa (Beveren), Gerend Gnanhouan (Montpellier)
Defense: Cyril Domoraud (Creteil), Blaise Kouassi (Troyes), Abdoulaye Meite (Olympique Marseille), Etienne Arthur Boka (Strasbourg), Abib Kolo Toure (Arsenal), Emmanuel Eboue (Arsenal), Marc Zoro (Messina).
Midfield: Didier Zokora (Saint-Etienne), Emerse Fae (Nantes), Kanga Gauthier Akala (Auxerre), Romaric Ndri Koffi (Le Mans), Gnegneri Yaya Toure (Olympiakos), Gilles Yapi Yapo (Young Boys), Guy Roland Demel (Hamburger SV)
Forwards: Bakari Kone (Olympique Nice), Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Arouna Kone (PSV), Bonaventure Kalou (Paris Saint Germain), Abdoul Kader Keita (Lille), Aruna Dindane (RC Lens).

Ilikebigboobies
May 15th, 2006, 02:56 PM
When does my form thing have to be filled in by?

WCPrediction
May 15th, 2006, 03:07 PM
See the 1st post - june 5th, 6pm CET. I might delay the deadline tho, depends on how busy I expect to be between the 5th and the 9th.

KV
May 15th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Excellent job Linda. ;) I'm in, as long as you've got the confirmation. :D

WCPrediction
May 15th, 2006, 09:05 PM
I've received it and you're added to the list:)
(will bank it tomorrow - should get interest tomorrow so I'll wait for that!)

WCPrediction
May 16th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Banked more money;):)

Martian Jeza
May 16th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Count me in ;)

TdF_DBLL
May 16th, 2006, 04:51 PM
send the money.

MS
May 19th, 2006, 06:37 PM
I have donated the money, but haven't done my predictions yet ;).

I have a question, if I do my predictions, let's say, during this weekend, still too early, and during the following weeks due to possible important absences in some of the teams I would like to change some predictions, would it be possible to send the new form with the corrections again?. I don't think I do though, but before predicting too early, I would like to know ;)

WCPrediction
May 19th, 2006, 07:51 PM
I have donated the money, but haven't done my predictions yet ;).

I have a question, if I do my predictions, let's say, during this weekend, still too early, and during the following weeks due to possible important absences in some of the teams I would like to change some predictions, would it be possible to send the new form with the corrections again?. I don't think I do though, but before predicting too early, I would like to know ;)
Hmm....what should I do?
I guess it's ok, but only in case of real calamities....like, Ronaldinho gets seriously injuried and you suddenly don't think anymore that Brazil will win;) *no jinxing*:o

BritneySpearsIsHot
May 20th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Oh no, MS is playing, she'll win :scared: :p

WCPrediction
May 21st, 2006, 09:34 AM
I've removed the list of contestants from the 1st post - it looked messy. I've written down who has donated and/or sent their predictions tho;)

Josh B.
May 21st, 2006, 11:11 AM
count me in! whats the rules and instructions please!

TdF_DBLL
May 21st, 2006, 11:16 AM
It's all in the first post I think.

SloKid
May 21st, 2006, 11:16 AM
I will send my next weekend. :)
count me in! whats the rules and instructions please!
I think the instructions are in the first post. :p

MS
May 21st, 2006, 11:22 AM
Hmm....what should I do?
I guess it's ok, but only in case of real calamities....like, Ronaldinho gets seriously injuried and you suddenly don't think anymore that Brazil will win;) *no jinxing*:o

No problem, I don't think I change predictions, but I was curious ;). I'll do them today or tomorrow!

MS
May 21st, 2006, 11:22 AM
Oh no, MS is playing, she'll win :scared: :p

:p That's putting pressure on me ;).

Josh B.
May 21st, 2006, 11:25 AM
I will send my next weekend. :)

I think the instructions are in the first post. :p
:p smarty pants Milan!

Josh B.
May 21st, 2006, 11:35 AM
for now do we just predict the group stages results??

SloKid
May 21st, 2006, 11:36 AM
for now do we just predict the group stages results??
No, all at once I think.

WCPrediction
May 21st, 2006, 11:38 AM
All at once indeed.
Otherwise there's no fun in predicting who will play each other in the later stages of the tournament;)

Josh B.
No, all at once I think.
how the hell can we predict a scoreline when we dont know the teams that will play the QF matches??

BritneySpearsIsHot
:p That's putting pressure on me ;).

It's meant too :p

WCPrediction
May 21st, 2006, 11:39 AM
how the hell can we predict a scoreline when we dont know the teams that will play the QF matches??
You can calculate what the final group standings will be according to your predictions. And then just go from there;)

Josh B.
May 21st, 2006, 11:40 AM
very ingenious :)

BritneySpearsIsHot

It's your prediction of the whole tournament, a bit like looking at England's group, predicting they will win the group and play Ecuador as runners up of Group A, then looking to see who the QF opponent could be etc etc.

WCPrediction
very ingenious :)
all the games work like this;)

Maryamator
May 21st, 2006, 12:45 PM
cool!

Meteor Shower
May 21st, 2006, 02:27 PM

WCPrediction
May 23rd, 2006, 07:48 PM
I've received your cash :)

Josh, got your prediction, but you haven't donated yet;)

SloKid
May 24th, 2006, 07:49 AM
I always knew Josh was a cheapskate...:rolleyes: :p :lol:

WCPrediction
May 31st, 2006, 04:38 PM
Just reminding everyone that the deadline is about a week from now;)
Quite some people have said they wanted to play, but not sent in anything yet, so...

Oh and I think I might be extending the deadline to the 8th:)

SloKid
May 31st, 2006, 04:52 PM
I'm sending mine this weekend.

Wanted to do it the week before, but I forgot. :o :lol:

Cashif
May 31st, 2006, 05:04 PM
Eventho i would luv to play, there is too much work to be done:o(Predicting all the games). I will try to predict it; if i'm not able to- then Goodluck to all the other posters.

MS
Jun 1st, 2006, 06:16 AM
I sent mine, did you receive them? ;)

Martian Stacey
Jun 1st, 2006, 09:38 AM
Just reminding everyone that the deadline is about a week from now;)
Quite some people have said they wanted to play, but not sent in anything yet, so...

Oh and I think I might be extending the deadline to the 8th:)
:cool:

I've been working on mine... its a bit more complicated then i first realised :lol:

Martian Stacey
Jun 1st, 2006, 10:40 AM
Hey Linda, how should i send you my match predictions?

Asif_Nawaz
Jun 1st, 2006, 02:37 PM
Premilinary phase
Date Home Away Result
1 June 9 Germany Costa Rica 3-1
2 June 9 Poland Ecuador 2-2
3 June 10 England Paraguay 2-0
4 June 10 Trinidad&Tobago Sweden 0-2
5 June 10 Argentina Ivory Coast 2-1
6 June 11 Serbia&Montenegro The Netherlands 3-2
7 June 11 Mexico Iran 1-1
8 June 11 Angola Portugal 0-2
9 June 12 Australia Japan 1-1
10 June 12 USA Czech Republic 1-3
11 June 12 Italy Ghana 2-0
12 June 13 South Korea Togo 1-0
13 June 13 France Switzerland 2-1
14 June 13 Brazil Croatia 3-1
15 June 14 Spain Ukrain 4-2
16 June 14 Tunisia Saudi Arabia 2-2

17 June 14 Germany Poland 2-0
18 June 15 Ecuador Costa Rica 0-0
19 June 15 England Trinidad&Tobago 3-0
20 June 15 Sweden Paraguay 2-1
21 June 16 Argentina Serbia&Montenegro 1-1
22 June 16 The Netherlands Ivory Coast 1-1
23 June 16 Mexico Angola 1-0
24 June 17 Portugal Iran 2-0
25 June 17 Czech Republic Ghana 3-0
26 June 17 Italy USA 2-1
27 June 18 Japan Croatia 3-2
28 June 18 Brazil Australia 2-0
29 June 18 France South Korea 2-1
30 June 19 Togo Switzerland 1-1
31 June 19 Saudi Arabia Ukrain 1-2
32 June 19 Spain Tunisia 3-2

33 June 20 Ecuador Germany 1-2
34 June 20 Costa Rica Poland 1-2
35 June 20 Sweden England 1-1
36 June 20 Paraguay Trinidad&Tobago 0-0
37 June 21 Portugal Mexico 3-2
38 June 21 Iran Angola 2-1
39 June 21 The Netherlands Argentina 1-3
40 June 21 Ivory Coast Serbia&Montenegro 2-3
41 June 22 Czech Republic Italy 3-3
42 June 22 Ghana USA 1-2
43 June 22 Japan Brazil 2-3
44 June 22 Croatia Australia 1-1
45 June 23 Saudi Arabia Spain 1-2
46 June 23 Ukrain Tunisia 2-2
47 June 23 Togo France 0-3
48 June 23 Switzerland South Korea 1-1

Round of 16
49 June 24 Nr 1 A Nr 2 B 2-0
50 June 24 Nr 1 C Nr 2 D 1-0
51 June 25 Nr 1 B Nr 2 A 3-2
52 June 25 Nr 1 D Nr 2 C 0-1
53 June 26 Nr 1 E Nr 2 F 1-2
54 June 26 Nr 1 G Nr 2 H 2-3
55 June 27 Nr 1 F Nr 2 E 1-3
56 June 27 Nr 1 H Nr 2 G 0-0

Quarterfinals
57 June 30 Winner 49 Winner 50 3-1
58 June 30 Winner 53 Winner 54 4-2
59 July 1 Winner 51 Winner 52 2-2
60 July 1 Winner 55 Winner 56 1-0

Semifinals
61 July 4 Winner 57 Winner 58 3-2
62 July 5 Winner 59 Winner 60 1-0

3rd place
63 July 8 Loser 61 Loser 62 2-1

Final
64 July 9 Winner 61 Winner 62 3-2

Total number of goals scored: 188

Nicjac
Jun 1st, 2006, 03:04 PM
HELP

As you can read on page one I am a total bonehead if it comes to soccer. No clue at all. That's the reason why I didn't want to participate at this game.

Now we are playing this in the office :rolleyes: I need to survive at least the first round or my reputation is doomed.

So, here is my offer. If someone of you pm's me their prediction (please let that be someone who knows more than I do), I'll donate $50 to this games winner pot.

Please help. *begs*

WCPrediction
Jun 1st, 2006, 03:30 PM
I sent mine, did you receive them? ;)
Yes I did :) Thanx :)

:cool:

I've been working on mine... its a bit more complicated then i first realised :lol:
:lol: Nah, just fill in some results :p

Oh and you can send them to me by email please. Or msn in your case;)

ALGFan and Nicjac, I've PM' ed you :)

Nicjac
Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:53 AM
Yes I did :) Thanx :)

:lol: Nah, just fill in some results :p

Oh and you can send them to me by email please. Or msn in your case;)

ALGFan and Nicjac, I've PM' ed you :)

:worship: Thanks for helping me out :worship:

Money is donated. Good luck with your game :D

SloKid
Jun 4th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Is there a mistake in the schedule you posted for the 2nd round and then the QF?

I've done the scores for the group stages, but something just doesn't add up after that. :scratch:

WCPrediction
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Is there a mistake in the schedule you posted for the 2nd round and then the QF?

I've done the scores for the group stages, but something just doesn't add up after that. :scratch:
I think you might be going wrong with the groups - the order is a bit messed.
Group A is Germany-Poland-Costa Rica-Ecuador
Group B is Sweden-England-Trinidad-Paraguay
Group C is Netherlands-Argentina-Ivory Coast-Serbia&Montenegro
Group D is Portugal-Mexico-Angola-Iran
Group E is Italy-Czech Rep-USA-Ghana
Group F is Brazil-Australia-Japan-Croatia
Group G is France-Togo-Switzerland-South Korea
Group H is Spain-Ukrain-Tunisia-Saudi Arabia

PM me (Zamboni) is that doesn't help yet :)

Oh and for everyone, is you send your predictions, please try and use the word doc in post 1, and email it to me - lindahahaha@hotmail.com

Sam L
Jun 4th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Hi guys,

What are the possibilities of a France vs. Germany final? I'd like that very much.

Martian Stacey
Jun 4th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Hi guys,

What are the possibilities of a France vs. Germany final? I'd like that very much.
Kinda tricky, it would depend on their group standings. The way i predicted the group standings meant that if they win their quarterfinals, they would meet each other in the semis.

Martian Stacey
Jun 4th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Linda, if you're not on msn tonight, i'll email you my predictions tomorrow :) (5th of June my time ;) )

SloKid
Jun 4th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Sent my picks. :)

Avid Merrion
Jun 4th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Oh and for everyone, is you send your predictions, please try and use the word doc in post 1, and email it to me - lindahahaha@hotmail.com
sent :)
let me know if there's any problems with the attachment :cool:

Cashif
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Sent

WCPrediction
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Sent
Received it :) Forget about the email, I think I was too quick:lol:

Cashif
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Received it :) Forget about the email, I think I was too quick:lol:
:lol:You are really quick..Great work in conducting this game:yeah:

Meteor Shower
Jun 4th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Can I do it on the 9th?
I have big tests coming up tomorrow and on the 8th.. If I have time I'll do it.

QuicKyMonSter
Jun 4th, 2006, 09:43 PM
I just sent mine :D

Chris 84
Jun 5th, 2006, 12:39 AM
Sending my predictions tomorrow....donation paid already :)

WCPrediction
Jun 5th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Can I do it on the 9th?
I have big tests coming up tomorrow and on the 8th.. If I have time I'll do it.
As long as you send it before the start of the first match it's fine.
If you don't have the time to do it though, I will not return your vCash. So maybe if you don't have time to do a real prediction you're better off just picking some random results than not sending anything;)

Quicky and Chris, received the cash and prediction :)

KV
Jun 5th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Just sent the WC Predictions ;)

Meteor Shower
Jun 5th, 2006, 07:27 PM
I sent mine as you know :)

really funny mixing Group F and G and making me all confused :p
Of course just as soon I finished making it there was an electrical blackout before I saved it so I had to make it all over again. how typical :o

Can you make a list of participants? I want to know who and how many people are playing the game.

WCPrediction
Jun 5th, 2006, 09:07 PM
I sent mine as you know :)

really funny mixing Group F and G and making me all confused :p
Of course just as soon I finished making it there was an electrical blackout before I saved it so I had to make it all over again. how typical :o

Can you make a list of participants? I want to know who and how many people are playing the game.
There used to be a list in the first post, but I deleted it. I'll post a list on thursday evening, and I will try to post daily standings as the tournament started. It looks like about 21 people will play:)

It's not only group f and g that's mixed btw, I copied it from a list that went by date. Was confusing indeed:lol:

Avid Merrion
Jun 5th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Linda, i got sent a really cool excel thing today that works out all the tables, who plays who in the knockout stages etc when you enter the scores on the table. let me know if you want it, if it makes your job any easier :)

WCPrediction
Jun 6th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Linda, i got sent a really cool excel thing today that works out all the tables, who plays who in the knockout stages etc when you enter the scores on the table. let me know if you want it, if it makes your job any easier :)
Thanx, Marco, but I already have that program. My sister sent it to me a few days ago :) I'm not sure if it makes it easier tho, I'll still have to check all your predictions and write down the points;) :help:
Oh well, I like doing things like this anyway.

Avid Merrion
Jun 6th, 2006, 11:59 AM
no worries :)
that's true, you do still have to work everybody's out anyway. rather you than me! :lol: ;)

King Aaron
Jun 6th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Linda, I donated the $10 already. Going to do the predictions soon. ;)

diekedelver
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Sent and donated :)

Hope I'm still in time :o

WCPrediction
Jun 8th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Sent and donated :)

Hope I'm still in time :o
yes you are :)

I guess you're the one I just sent the email to then?

King Aaron
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Linda, I'll mail you my picks/predictions tomorrow, before the start of the first match. ;) I proimise!

diekedelver
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:15 PM
yes you are :)

I guess you're the one I just sent the email to then?

Yep, that was me :)

Scobby- Doo
Jun 8th, 2006, 10:30 PM
I donate and send you predictions. Am I OK?

WCPrediction
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:27 AM
I donate and send you predictions. Am I OK?
yes you're in :yeah:

still 3 people who have donated but not sent in a prediction :o And 1 who sent a prediction, but something went wrong and I can't see it :o

WCPrediction
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Contestants:
ALGfan
ASAP
Avid Merrion
BritneySpearsIsHot
Chris 84
diekedelver
ivan88
Jenny.C.Fan. *no prediction yet
Jodie
Josh B.
King Aaron
KV
mandy7
Martian Stacey
MArtinasaNIA
Moon Unit
MS
Pszczelny
QuicKyMonSter
Scobby- Doo
SJW
SloKid
Tdf DBLL
Vacant *Can't open prediction
Zamboni
Zhao *no prediction yet

LostGlory
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:32 AM
I want in

WCPrediction
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:13 AM
I want in
Donate and send the predictions and you're in ;)

You have about 5.5 hours left to do so (I have to leave then;))

WCPrediction
Jun 9th, 2006, 02:47 PM
2 people without predictions yet....(and Vacant but at least I know he/she has sent them)
1 hour to go till the 1st match and hence to the deadline. 23 people playing so far, the prizepot is at $361:)

KV
Jun 9th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Started with expected Germany win.

diekedelver
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Someone who predicted 4-2 ? ;)

SloKid
Jun 9th, 2006, 06:18 PM
I doubt anyone had that right. :lol:

KV
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Someone who predicted Ecuador to def. Poland. :cool:

QuicKyMonSter
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Poland :ras:
WD Ecuador-pickers! :worship:

QuicKyMonSter
Jun 9th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I had 4-0 :)

ivan88
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:02 PM
I predicted 2-0

Scobby- Doo
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:11 PM
I had 4-0 :)
Me too :)

WCPrediction
Jun 9th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Standings after day 1:

Jodie 3
Tdf_DBLL 3
ALGfan 2
diekedelver 2
Josh B. 2
Moon Unit 2
QuicKyMonSter 2
Scobby- Doo 2
ASAP 1
Avid Merrion 1
BritneySpearsIsHot 1
Chris_84 1
ivan88 1
King Aaron 1
KV 1
Martian Stacey 1
MArtinasaNIA 1
MS 1
Pszczelny 1
SJW 1
SloKid 1
Zamboni 1
mandy7 0

btw, I am filling in your scores on the prediction sheets, so I can send them back to you all after the tournament;)
And yay this proved less work than I thought.

Pszczelny
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Poland is never easy to predict :rolls: :smash: :mad:

KV
Jun 10th, 2006, 02:56 PM
England with the 3 points 1-0

SloKid
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I predicted England winning 1-0. :bounce:

King Aaron
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:30 PM
I predicted England winning 1-0. :bounce:
Pfft. :p

At least I predicted England to win. ;) :lol:

Pszczelny
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:09 PM
1 point for England's win and 1 for T&T's draw

WCPrediction
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:32 PM
1 point for England's win and 1 for T&T's draw
yup ;) You were the only 1 having a draw:lol: 1 person had Trinidad winning, all the others had a win for Sweden. Many people with 1 point tho, for the 0 goals of Trinidad:lol:

Pszczelny
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:41 PM
yup ;) You were the only 1 having a draw:lol: 1 person had Trinidad winning, all the others had a win for Sweden. Many people with 1 point tho, for the 0 goals of Trinidad:lol:

T&T's draw is better for me because my group standings are correct ;)

Martian Jeza
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I gonna begin my bets tomorrow.

Pszczelny
Jun 10th, 2006, 08:57 PM
almost max from ARG :mad: ;)

SloKid
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:01 PM
almost max from ARG :mad: ;)
You had them winning 3-1 or 2-0? :lol:
I had them winning 2-1 myself :shrug:

Pszczelny
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:03 PM
You had them winning 3-1 or 2-0? :lol:
I had them winning 2-1 myself :shrug:

3-1 but there was offside :angel:

WCPrediction
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:06 PM
T&T's draw is better for me because my group standings are correct ;)
True ;)

I gonna begin my bets tomorrow.
Not for this game, I hope for you? Cos you're too late for that.

It was offside ;) And on the other goal, I'm not sure if the ball completely passed the line or not:confused:
Full points for me on this match, but I'd rather have had 2-2, would have been better for us. And am scared for tomorrow now:scared:

SloKid
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Yup. :p

SloKid
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Full points for me on this match, but I'd rather have had 2-2, would have been better for us. And am scared for tomorrow now:scared:
On the opposite sides tomorrow. :devil:

Napred plavi! :bigclap:

WCPrediction
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Standings after day 2

ALGfan 8
Jodie 8
SloKid 8
BritneySpearsIsHot 7
chris_84 7
Josh B 7
Martian Stacey 7
MS 7
ivan88 6
KV 6
Moon Unit 6
Tdf_DBLL 6
Zamboni 6
ASAP 5
MArtinasaNIA 5
Psczczelny 5
QuicKyMonSter 5
Scobby- Doo 5
Avid Merrion 4
diekedelver 4
King Aaron 4
mandy7 4
SJW 4

Cashif
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Drogba spoiled my prediction:mad::fiery:. I was so happy that atlast i was gonna get a prediction right but now:tape:

GO HOLLAND :bounce::bounce:

WCPrediction
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:15 PM

I didn't realise you're from Serbia :o The closer we get to the match the more pessimistic I get :scared: I'm gonna say no more I think :o Gonna watch on a big screen probably, should be fun anyway :)
Aaanvalluuuuh:devil:

SloKid
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:17 PM
I didn't realise you're from Serbia :o The closer we get to the match the more pessimistic I get :scared: I'm gonna say no more I think :o Gonna watch on a big screen probably, should be fun anyway :)
Aaanvalluuuuh:devil:
I'm not. :lol:
I'm Slovenian, but my mum's parents (my grandparents obviously) are Serbian. ;)
It's as close as I get to having "my team" at this WC and that's why I changed my flag. ;)

I just hope it's not as ugly as at Euro 2000 :o :bolt:

Cashif
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Standings after day 2

ALGfan 8
Jodie 8
SloKid 8
BritneySpearsIsHot 7
chris_84 7
Josh B 7
Martian Stacey 7
MS 7
ivan88 6
KV 6
Moon Unit 6
Tdf_DBLL 6
Zamboni 6
ASAP 5
MArtinasaNIA 5
Psczczelny 5
QuicKyMonSter 5
Scobby- Doo 5
Avid Merrion 4
diekedelver 4
King Aaron 4
mandy7 4
SJW 4
ALGfan, a 11 year old kid leading the prediction standings..Shows our expertise:lol:

WCPrediction
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:21 PM
I'm not. :lol:
I'm Slovenian, but my mum's parents (my grandparents obviously) are Serbian. ;)
It's as close as I get to having "my team" at this WC and that's why I changed my flag. ;)

I just hope it's not as ugly as at Euro 2000 :o :bolt:
ah...now that does match with your username;)
I don't remember Euro 2000 that much:shrug: was it bad?

MartinasaNIA, I guess the tournament has just been too unpredictable so far;)

SloKid
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:21 PM
ALGfan, a 11 year old kid leading the prediction standings..Shows our expertise:lol:
And from the big footballing nation of Pakistan at that. :rolls:

QuicKyMonSter
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Go Nederland & Srbija i Crna Gora!! :unsure:

SloKid
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:26 PM
ah...now that does match with your username;)
I don't remember Euro 2000 that much:shrug: was it bad?
1/4 Final
Holland 6-1 Yugoslavia :tape:

WCPrediction
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:30 PM
1/4 Final
Holland 6-1 Yugoslavia :tape:
Oh yeah now I remember. Won't put the smiley that's in my head now:angel: But don't worry, that's not gonna happen tomorrow, no way. We should win tomorrow, but I'm still somewhat scared of Serbia. The defense is our weakest spot and you have good forwards. And Kezman sounds very motivated :o

Pszczelny
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:32 PM

on the same side :smoke:

WCPrediction
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Standings after day 3

SloKid 12
BritneySpearsIsHot 12
MS 12
KV 12
Moon Unit 11
Tdf_DBLL 11
ALGfan 11
Jodie 11
chris_84 11
Josh B 11
Martian Stacey 11
Scobby- Doo 11
ivan88 10
Zamboni 10
MArtinasaNIA 10
Avid Merrion 9
King Aaron 9
QuicKyMonSter 8
ASAP 8
mandy7 8
SJW 7
Psczczelny 7
diekedelver 5

KV
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Wow, me on 12 points did some catching up. :D Think the one who predicts the upsets will win.

diekedelver
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:20 PM
damn, seems some suckiness got in to my predictions :p

last place, vmoney is far away :o

TdF_DBLL
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:50 PM
go swiss, I guess they can win it for me.

Martian Stacey
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:00 AM
Standings after day 3

SloKid 12
BritneySpearsIsHot 12
MS 12
KV 12
Moon Unit 11
Tdf_DBLL 11
ALGfan 11
Jodie 11
chris_84 11
Josh B 11
Martian Stacey 11
Scobby- Doo 11
ivan88 10
Zamboni 10
MArtinasaNIA 10
Avid Merrion 9
King Aaron 9
QuicKyMonSter 8
ASAP 8
mandy7 8
SJW 7
Psczczelny 7
diekedelver 5
Wow i'm only one point behind :eek: ;)

And i'm ahead of Linda :o Not for long i'm sure ;)

If Australia wins tonight, that should help my cause a bit ;)

So far the only score i predicted accurately was England 1-0 :lol:

felipe2004
Jun 12th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Ohh, too bad I hardly ever visit non-tennis and missed this thread :( I wanted to participate! But good luck to everyone here! Those of you who predicted Brazil winning will get some nice points in this game! :p :D ;)

WCPrediction
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Wow i'm only one point behind :eek: ;)

And i'm ahead of Linda :o Not for long i'm sure ;)

If Australia wins tonight, that should help my cause a bit ;)

So far the only score i predicted accurately was England 1-0 :lol:
Don't be too sure about that ;) I predicted with wishful thinking :tape: If Australia wins tonight it helps me a lot too :D And I believe in that:D

At least I'm still ahead of Aaron:lol: You and Dani are both ahead of me :o

and Karl, yesterday was really good for you, except for our match:ras: (serves everyone who predicted a draw or a loss for us right:p)

mandy7
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:56 AM
can't believe how much i'm sucking, lol

MS
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Hehe, this is close ;) I wonder how much difference in points there will be at the end of the competition ;)

KClijsters
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Oh yeah now I remember. Won't put the smiley that's in my head now:angel: But don't worry, that's not gonna happen tomorrow, no way. We should win tomorrow, but I'm still somewhat scared of Serbia. The defense is our weakest spot and you have good forwards. And Kezman sounds very motivated :o

Serbia wasn't so good. Netherlands also wasn't playing really well, but they won. And that's most important. We have 3 points :)

It also was very hot! So, I think that was the reason why both teams didn't play well.

But we have the first 3 points!! :bounce:

Now I'm going to support for Australia.
For Guus!! ;)

Asif_Nawaz
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:53 AM
I'm actually close no.1!!!:EEK:

Martian Stacey
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Don't be too sure about that ;) I predicted with wishful thinking :tape: If Australia wins tonight it helps me a lot too :D And I believe in that:D

and Karl, yesterday was really good for you, except for our match:ras: (serves everyone who predicted a draw or a loss for us right:p)
Lets hope we win then so it helps both of us :bounce:

Your wishful thinking might still be better than my random guessing :lol: ;)

WCPrediction
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Serbia wasn't so good. Netherlands also wasn't playing really well, but they won. And that's most important. We have 3 points :)

It also was very hot! So, I think that was the reason why both teams didn't play well.

But we have the first 3 points!! :bounce:

Now I'm going to support for Australia.
For Guus!! ;)
Very true :) But I still think we played fairly good. Not great, but as good as you could expect under the circumstances. And as good as needed. I'm happy and pleased ;)

You random guessed very well then it seems;) and I predicted a bigger win for you than you did:o

Martian Stacey
Jun 12th, 2006, 12:46 PM
:lol: i can't even remember what i picked... probably 1-0 or something :lol:

Hopefully your prediction is more accurate, i would prefer us to win by a bigger margin ;)

WCPrediction
Jun 12th, 2006, 03:11 PM
:lol: i can't even remember what i picked... probably 1-0 or something :lol:

Hopefully your prediction is more accurate, i would prefer us to win by a bigger margin ;)
yeah you picked 1-0. I had 2-0, was very glad when it was 2-1:lol: Oh well :)

Pszczelny
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I had a correct score between 84th and 89th minute :mad: ;)

WCPrediction
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:00 PM
I had a correct score between 84th and 89th minute :mad: ;)
9 people did :o That's quite a lot. So much for my hopes to get more points than everyone else cos I predicted a win for Australia:sad: (I believe only 3 people did that)

Pszczelny
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:03 PM
9 people did :o That's quite a lot. So much for my hopes to get more points than everyone else cos I predicted a win for Australia:sad: (I believe only 3 people did that)

and I still don't have any correct score :sad:
Czechs are 2-0 at HT, that's what I need but still 45' to go :rolleyes:

WCPrediction
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:09 PM
I have 1 correct score so far. Not much either. Can see this one ending in 2-0 tho, depends on what the Czechs want I think.

TdF_DBLL
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I haven't got a correct score, but besides T&T - Sweden I have all correct winners.

Also Australia's win is good for me and I have 0-3 Czech Republic so only 1 goal needed.

Pszczelny
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:36 PM
and I still don't have any correct score :sad:
Czechs are 2-0 at HT, that's what I need but still 45' to go :rolleyes:

I knew it... 3-0 :rolleyes:

who cares: 3-0 :woohoo: :lol:

I want more :hehehe:

King Aaron
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:36 PM

Shut up! :p :mad: :lol: ;)

:o :sad: Japan :sad:

TdF_DBLL
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:37 PM
3-0 please don't score anymore ;)... Guess I'm close to top than.

Cashif
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Czech 3-0..Another predictio goes wrong:rolleyes:

I seem to have the predictions right till 75-80 min mark, so Zamboni if u consider my prediction till that point instead of waiting for FT, i would be grateful:lol:

TdF_DBLL
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Well I guess I put everything 0-0 than and only count first minute. :lol:

SJW
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I predicted 3-1 :(
USA couldn't even score the one goal :rolleyes:
Czech Rep. :hearts::yeah:

Cashif
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Well I guess I put everything 0-0 than and only count first minute. :lol:
First minute yeah?? What if someone scores before the end of 1st min like Turkey did in WC2002, then u will lose:p:lol:

WCPrediction
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Aaron :hug:

I had 3-1 for the Czechs as well, oh well, still 2 points, better than none :)
Lots of people with the same amount of points tho, I guess it'll get more interesting after the group phase.

And it's definitely the 90mins score:ras:

TdF_DBLL
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:47 PM
I think this is more intresting than other games, cause you only can score small points. So it will stay close a long time. But at the end I'm the winner ;)

No don't think so, I haven't got the right teams in the next rounds.

TdF_DBLL
Jun 12th, 2006, 08:42 PM
no more goals and I score 7 out of 9 today.

KV
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:08 PM
In my case 3 scorelines right so far.

WCPrediction
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:11 PM
I might start agreeing with the 80mins rule after all:tape:
Tdf, 7 out of 9 for you indeed:yeah:

Standings after day 4
SloKid 18
Tdf_DBLL 18
BritneySpearsIsHot 17
MS 17
KV 17
ALGfan 17
Jodie 16
Martian Stacey 16
ivan88 15
Zamboni 15
MArtinasaNIA 15
chris_84 15
Moon Unit 14
mandy7 14
Scobby- Doo 14
Josh B 13
QuicKyMonSter 13
Avid Merrion 12
King Aaron 11
ASAP 11
SJW 11
Psczczelny 10
diekedelver 8

TdF_DBLL
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:14 PM
:woohoo: I'm on top, now keep up. My both 1-1's for Togo and Swiss can be important.

KV
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:15 PM
So Milan the sole leader
Congrats. TdF_DBLL

WCPrediction
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:16 PM
:woohoo: I'm on top, now keep up. My both 1-1's for Togo and Swiss can be important.
I have them both losing, but small. I like how it's still close :) (and I still wanna pass Stacey and Dani! lol, little personal competition;))

Avid Merrion
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:18 PM
:lol: i'm doing terribly, not one scoreline correct so far :o

still, at least i'm a point ahead of SJW for the time being..... :p :lol:

Pszczelny
Jun 12th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Pszczelny 10

lost 5 pts today:
few mins in AUS-JPN
and ref robbed Ghana (and me for 3 pts)

my chances :wavey:

Martian Stacey
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:25 PM
I have them both losing, but small. I like how it's still close :) (and I still wanna pass Stacey and Dani! lol, little personal competition;))
:lol:

Now 2 points off the lead for me :awww:

Asif_Nawaz
Jun 13th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Zamboni,Remind me how many scorelines i got correct and which ones?

SloKid
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:37 AM
I'm doing better than expected.

Ilikebigboobies
Jun 13th, 2006, 07:42 AM
I might start agreeing with the 80mins rule after all:tape:
Tdf, 7 out of 9 for you indeed:yeah:

Standings after day 4
SloKid 18
Tdf_DBLL 18
BritneySpearsIsHot 17
MS 17
KV 17
ALGfan 17
Jodie 16
Martian Stacey 16
ivan88 15
Zamboni 15
MArtinasaNIA 15
chris_84 15
Moon Unit 14
mandy7 14
Scobby- Doo 14
Josh B 13
QuicKyMonSter 13
Avid Merrion 12
King Aaron 11
ASAP 11
SJW 11
Psczczelny 10
diekedelver 8

:haha:
No...she isn't!

My only goal in this game is to beat Milan! :angel:

Linda, can you please rig the game to make this happen?
Thanks in advance! :D :wavey:

WCPrediction
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Correct scorelines so far:

ALG fan 2
ASAP 0
Avid Merrion 0
BritneySpearsIsHot 1
Chris_84 1
diekedelver 0
ivan88 1
Jodie 3
Josh B 1
King Aaron 0
KV 3
mandy7 1
Martian Stacey 2
MartinasanNIA 0
Moon Unit 1
MS 1
Pszczelny 0
QuicKyMonSter 0
scobby- Doo 1
SJW 0
SloKid 3
Tdf_DBLL 2
Zamboni 1

and Moon Unit, as long as I can resist the urge to 'help' myself in this game, I'm not helping others either :p

mandy7
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:27 AM
hmm, only 4 points behind.... do-able

Martian Stacey
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:10 AM
I got 2 correct? :lol: I thought i only had one :lol:

Avid Merrion
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Correct scorelines so far:
Avid Merrion 0
:lol: go me!! :banana: :D

WCPrediction
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:55 PM
I have finally managed to open the predictions Vacant sent to me, so he's in the game too :) 12 points for him so far.
(and yes he sent me the predictions before the WC started, my computer just saw it as a picture it document, meaning I couldn't open it:rolleyes: )

TdF_DBLL
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:37 PM
aargh, stupid me, why predicting draws, you can only score 0, 1 or 3 points.

only the Togo helped me with 1 point.

Jodie
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:44 PM
(and I still wanna pass Stacey and Dani! lol, little personal competition;))

:lol: :p

KV
Jun 13th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Wow, 3 right predictions so far. Now the French could frustrate a few. Still goalless after 75 minutes.

WCPrediction
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:04 PM
:p we'll see eh ;)
btw, at my work I'm standing 3rd with the same predictions, guess either we know a lot about soccer, or they just don't know a lot;)

WCPrediction
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Standings after day 5

SloKid 22
Tdf_DBLL 21
BritneySpearsIsHot 21
Zamboni 20
KV 19
ALGfan 19
Jodie 19
Martian Stacey 19
ivan88 18
MS 18
Moon Unit 18
MArtinasaNIA 18
Avid Merrion 18
chris_84 17
ASAP 17
mandy7 17
Scobby- Doo 17
Josh B 15
Vacant 15
QuicKyMonSter 14
King Aaron 14
SJW 14
diekedelver 13
Psczczelny 12

Good day for me :banana: Thank you Brazil :D 3 points for me there :D

Pszczelny
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:32 PM
2 pts today for me :woohoo:

I am as good as Polish team :drool:

KV
Jun 13th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Linda on the up.

Avid Merrion
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:02 PM
yay, my first correct scoreline today :D allez France and Switzerland!! that game had 0-0 all over it :banana:

Martian Stacey
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Standings after day 5

SloKid 22
Tdf_DBLL 21
BritneySpearsIsHot 21
Zamboni 20
KV 19
ALGfan 19
Jodie 19
Martian Stacey 19
ivan88 18
MS 18
Moon Unit 18
MArtinasaNIA 18
Avid Merrion 18
chris_84 17
ASAP 17
mandy7 17
Scobby- Doo 17
Josh B 15
Vacant 15
QuicKyMonSter 14
King Aaron 14
SJW 14
diekedelver 13
Psczczelny 12

Good day for me :banana: Thank you Brazil :D 3 points for me there :D
Dammit Linda :p

But i'm happy with the Brazil score ;) It means Australia is on top of the group! :woohoo:

felipe2004
Jun 13th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Brazil won :) next is Australia :p

SloKid
Jun 14th, 2006, 07:32 AM
I'm alone in the lead. And I have no clue what my picks the last few days have been since I'm at uni and don't have my scores here.

TdF_DBLL
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:05 AM
horrible day yesterday only 3 points.

on schedule today:
3-1 Spain
1-0 Tunsia
1-1 Germany-Poland (I expect germans to win after I saw their first match, and Polands first match)

WCPrediction
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Dammit Linda :p

But i'm happy with the Brazil score ;) It means Australia is on top of the group! :woohoo:
:ras: Bad day for me today tho :o :mad:
But maybe for most people....ALGfan got 7 points tho :o

Daily standings on their way

ivan88
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:18 PM
only 1 point today
I'm suck

WCPrediction
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Standings after day 6 (round 1 of preliminary phase completed)

SloKid 26
ALGfan 26
BritneySpearsIsHot 25
KV 24
Zamboni 23
Tdf_DBLL 23
Jodie 22
Martian Stacey 21
MS 21
MArtinasaNIA 21
mandy7 21
Scobby- Doo 20
Avid Merrion 20
Moon Unit 20
chris_84 20
ivan88 19
ASAP 19
Josh B 19
Vacant 19
QuicKyMonSter 18
King Aaron 17
diekedelver 17
SJW 16
Psczczelny 16

Martian Stacey
Jun 15th, 2006, 12:57 AM
:ras: Bad day for me today tho :o :mad:
But maybe for most people....ALGfan got 7 points tho :o

Daily standings on their way
Yeah i think i got like 2 points for todays matches :(

You're still infront of me though :p

WCPrediction
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Yeah i think i got like 2 points for todays matches :(

You're still infront of me though :p
yup:p
I'm happy as long as I end up in front of you, Dani and Aaron:lol:

Many people with 4 points or less for yesterday tho, so I guess we did about average;)

MS
Jun 15th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Hmm, I am doing worse each day :p

TdF_DBLL
Jun 15th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I'm not doing well at the moment. Hopefully today is a good day.

Pszczelny
Jun 15th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I can't believe my luck - it would be my first max but Ecuador scored in 92nd minute :retard:

QuicKyMonSter
Jun 15th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Ecuador:ras:
shouldn't have scored that last goal :tape:

WCPrediction
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Standings after day 7

SloKid 30 (+4)
ALGfan 30 (+4)
BritneySpearsIsHot 29 (+4)
Zamboni 28 (+5)
KV 27 (+3)
Jodie 27 (+5)
MArtinasaNIA 27 (+6)
Tdf_DBLL 26 (+3)
Avid Merrion 26 (+6)
Martian Stacey 26 (+5)
MS 26 (+5)
chris_84 25 (+5)
mandy7 25 (+4)
QuicKyMonSter 24 (+6)
Scobby- Doo 23 (+3)
Moon Unit 23 (+3)
ivan88 23 (+4)
ASAP 23 (+4)
Vacant 23 (+4)
King Aaron 23 (+6)
diekedelver 23 (+6)
Josh B 22 (+3)
SJW 21 (+5)
Psczczelny 20 (+4)

No daily standings tomorrow, I'll be away to watch the Netherlands-Ivory Coast ( :scared: ), won't be home early and got work saturday morning ;) Perhaps saturday afternoon, but I really sgould be studying then:angel: We'll see about it ;)

Avid Merrion
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:20 PM
thanks Linda, good luck tomorrow! :D

Martian Stacey
Jun 16th, 2006, 12:25 AM
yup:p
I'm happy as long as I end up in front of you, Dani and Aaron:lol:

Many people with 4 points or less for yesterday tho, so I guess we did about average;)
Well you're quite a bit in front of Aaron :o

But me and Dani are still close, so watch out :lol: :devil:

WCPrediction
Jun 16th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Well you're quite a bit in front of Aaron :o

But me and Dani are still close, so watch out :lol: :devil:
I know:scared:
And today I'm hoping I'll lose points, cos I got us at 1-1 and of course I hope that won't happen:lol:

Martian Stacey
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:16 AM
I know:scared:
And today I'm hoping I'll lose points, cos I got us at 1-1 and of course I hope that won't happen:lol:
Hopefully you will win 2-1 ;) :lol:

Ilikebigboobies
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:21 AM
It will be 3-1! :D

Martian Stacey
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:29 AM
But i don't get three points that way :p

TdF_DBLL
Jun 16th, 2006, 09:44 AM
well you will get 2 points cause it's gonna be 2-0.

Martian Stacey
Jun 17th, 2006, 12:58 AM
well you will get 2 points cause it's gonna be 2-0.
No, i got 3 points :woohoo:

Meteor Shower
Jun 17th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Nice.. I've just looked at my predictions for yesterday :)

21June 16 Argentina Serbia&Montenegro 3-0
22 June 16 The Netherlands Ivory Coast 4-1
23 June 16Mexico Angola 0-0

7 points I think? didn't see that one coming. I'll probably still be in the middle part though.

WCPrediction
Jun 17th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Only 2 points for me yesterday:help: Horrible day :o and yet, great day :D 2nd round :bounce: Soooo glad we don't have to win against Argentina now:o:lol:

TdF_DBLL
Jun 17th, 2006, 01:19 PM
I have scored 5 points yesterday I think.

TdF_DBLL
Jun 17th, 2006, 02:58 PM
And the first 3 points are in the bag :D

Cashif
Jun 17th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I scored 4 yesterday and just 2 so fay:help:

BTW Zamboni, for the KO rounds, it would be better if u award bonus points just for predicting the right team(that has qualified for the KO) so that KO matches can be taken into account. Example, Consider there is a match between Brazil and Czech in 2nd round but if Czech fails to qualify, it would mean that the players(us) are not eligible for that round, which is not good. So it is better if u give 1or2 points for guessing the right team(Brazil, in this case) and take into account the scores of that match irrespective of whether Czech qualifies or not(but consider the score only if atleast 1 of the 2 teams has been predicted correctly) .

WCPrediction
Jun 17th, 2006, 10:05 PM
I scored 4 yesterday and just 2 so fay:help:

BTW Zamboni, for the KO rounds, it would be better if u award bonus points just for predicting the right team(that has qualified for the KO) so that KO matches can be taken into account. Example, Consider there is a match between Brazil and Czech in 2nd round but if Czech fails to qualify, it would mean that the players(us) are not eligible for that round, which is not good. So it is better if u give 1or2 points for guessing the right team(Brazil, in this case) and take into account the scores of that match irrespective of whether Czech qualifies or not(but consider the score only if atleast 1 of the 2 teams has been predicted correctly) .
Hmm, I've been thinking about it, and I thought of this:

I'm keeping the old score system, so 1 point per correct team (2 from the semi's onwards), and then the scores as they are now. But I wanted to add something. I thought it was unfair if you had predicted the correct teams to go through, but not in the right order (so you predicted Sweden to win the group, and England to become second, and it's the other way around). That way you wouldn't get any points for the team. That's weird, I thought.
So I wanted to do this:
between each round, you get 1 point (or a half point, not sure yet) for each team that is still in the tournament. So if 12 of your teams are still in the tournament at the round of 16, you get 12 points (or 6). If you also have them at the correct place in the group, you'll get another point, for the matches. The same will happen after the round of 16, after the quarterfinals, etcetera. Cos predicting the right teams is worth something as well;)

Wonder what you think of this?

standings on their way. 5 points in 2 days for me. I don't wanna talk about it/

Martian Stacey
Jun 18th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Just want to make sure i understand correctly...

So either 0.5/1 point for each group you correctly predict to make it through the group phase

Then another point if you get the teams in the right order.

Will there be additional points for the correct score (same as now) regardless of what teams you pick (eg, say you pick Brazil def Czech Republic 3-1, but it ends up being Brazil vs Italy and the score ends up being 3-1), do you still get the points for tipping the correct scoreline, or do you only get those points if you predict the two teams correctly?

Martian Stacey
Jun 18th, 2006, 11:26 AM
oh and i hope i caught up to you again now :lol: ;)

WCPrediction
Jun 18th, 2006, 11:38 AM
The round of 16 and Quarterfinals
1 point for each correct team
(that makes a maximum of 5 points per match)

For example:
You predict the first match in the round of 16 to be Germany - England, result: 0-1
* The match is Germany - Sweden, the result is 0-1; you get 4 points
* The match is Germany - England, the result is 1-0; you get 2 points
That should be clear I think.

The semifinals, 'Loser final' and Final
2 points for each correct team
(that makes a maximum of 7 points per match)

(the example would be the same as for the round of 16 and quarterfinals, except that there are more points to earn)

This will all stay the same, the only thing that would be added would be a point per correct team in each phase.
So if you have 12 of the 16 teams in the round of 16 correct, you'll get 6 or 12 points (depending on what I decide), apart from being correct in the matches they play (ie; their standings in the groups).
So yeah, Stacey, you're right.

WCPrediction
Jun 18th, 2006, 11:39 AM
oh and i hope i caught up to you again now :lol: ;)
You did. Good that you remind me, I wanted to post the scores yesterday, but there was maintainance :rolleyes:

Here they are:
Standings after day 9

SloKid 37 (+7)
ALGfan 36 (+6)
BritneySpearsIsHot 36 (+7)
MArtinasaNIA 36 (+9)
ASAP 35 (+12)
mandy7 35 (+10)
Tdf_DBLL 34 (+8)
chris_84 34 (+9)
KV 34 (+7)
Zamboni 33 (+5)
Martian Stacey 33 (+7)
Scobby- Doo 33 (+10)
Jodie 32 (+5)
Avid Merrion 32 (+6)
MS 31 (+5)
QuicKyMonSter 30 (+6)
Vacant 30 (+7)
ivan88 29 (+6)
King Aaron 28 (+5)
Josh B 28 (+6)
Moon Unit 27 (+4)
diekedelver 27 (+4)
SJW 25 (+4)
Psczczelny 25 (+5)

Only 1 person with a point (yes, 1 point) for Czech Republic-Ghana:rolls: Can we say surprise?