PDA

View Full Version : Britney's Baby Falls from High Chair; Cracks Skull; DCFS Visit Home

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 12th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Family Services Visits Britney Spears' Home

April 11, 2006

ET broke the news today that the Department Of Children and Family Services called and asked for a sheriff's deputy to accompany DCFS investigators on Saturday around 1 p.m. to the home of BRITNEY SPEARS. A sheriff's Deputy Patrol went to the house with a DCFS investigator.

"It's a very standard, routine patrol request," Lt. DEBRA GLAFKIDES tells ET. "We just roll out with them. We stood by, we took no action, no report or anything."

The Department revealed no further information about the reason for the pop-in and DCFS officials do not discuss cases, citing confidentiality laws.

For more on this story, watch tonight's ET.

Ferosh
Apr 12th, 2006, 01:05 AM
it's been posted in the other britney thread!

Perfection
Apr 12th, 2006, 01:13 AM
:eek: Oh My God..

timafi
Apr 12th, 2006, 03:48 AM
did the loser drop the kid? :awww: :awww: :awww:

Crazy Canuck
Apr 12th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Is the baby okay?

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 12th, 2006, 04:44 AM
EXCLUSIVE: BABY SEAN FALLS & FRACTURES HIS SKULL, BRITNEY IN TEARS!

April 24 Issue of Star
On April 7, when Britney Spears and Kevin Federline realized that their baby, Sean Preston, had been sleeping more than usual, panic bells went off. Just six days earlier, the 7-month-old had taken a major fall from his high chair, a tumble that had his parents worried that he might have been critically injured.

They had every right to fret. After rushing Sean to a nearby hospital, they discovered he had a minor skull fracture (sometimes called a "scalp fracture" in babies), and a blood clot. And the doctors weren't the only ones to take notice! The next day, the Department of Children and Family Services began looking into the incident.

THE FALLOUT
The Spears-Federline clan escaped disaster, but not their obligation to explain themselves to the authorities. On April 8, L.A. sheriff's deputies arrived at Britney's Malibu home to investigate a child-abuse claim against Britney and Kevin in relation to the head injury. Such an investigation isn't unusual. According to California law, whenever a baby is brought into the hospital with a serious injury, the Department of Children and Family Services is alerted.

Bolt80
Apr 12th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Are these two the biggest losers in the public eye at the moment or what (other than Tom, Katie and their invisible alien spirits). Has been pop singer, who drives with a baby on her lap. Very wealthy, well marketed, but not much between her ears.

And a no talent leech of a husband who's aim it seems to be is to blow through as much of his wife’s money before she gets wise to him, all the while dressing like a d*&^ head.

I think the baby was trying to escape...

Alena
Apr 12th, 2006, 11:02 AM
poor Sean!

Erika_Angel
Apr 12th, 2006, 11:09 AM
To be fair the whole baby falls from high chair thing was only posted in the STAR magazine and nowhere else (or if it did it says "STAR mag reports that..."). The Department said they did their thing and that nothing has been done to suggest that Britney & Kevin are bad parents, they said they didn't need to do file any reports or take action. So I don't think it's as big of a deal as STAR mag is making it out to be. It is prob just from the baby on the lap incident.

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 12th, 2006, 12:41 PM
To be fair the whole baby falls from high chair thing was only posted in the STAR magazine and nowhere else (or if it did it says "STAR mag reports that..."). The Department said they did their thing and that nothing has been done to suggest that Britney & Kevin are bad parents, they said they didn't need to do file any reports or take action. So I don't think it's as big of a deal as STAR mag is making it out to be. It is prob just from the baby on the lap incident.

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Erika_Angel
Apr 12th, 2006, 01:23 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/

... umm yes, and it links to an article which has the Child protection people saying it is all "A big nothing" and the STAR magazine article.

... what is your point?

Helen Lawson
Apr 12th, 2006, 01:28 PM
DCFS is harassing Britney Spears, but Michael Jackson walks a free man? We live in a mad, mad world!

brickhousesupporter
Apr 12th, 2006, 02:40 PM
DCFS is harassing Britney Spears, but Michael Jackson walks a free man? We live in a mad, mad world!

Say what u will, but Michael's children were never rushed to the hospital for a skull fracture and a blood clot. :tape:

Erika_Angel
Apr 12th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Say what u will, but Michael's children were never rushed to the hospital for a skull fracture and a blood clot. :tape:

& that story was posted by a gossip magazine.

Il Primo!
Apr 12th, 2006, 03:01 PM
ouch :unsure:

griffin
Apr 12th, 2006, 03:33 PM

Exactly. Many jurisdictions have laws requiring either the police or whoever's in charge of child welfare to do a check-in WHENEVER children show up at the hospital with certain kinds of injuries. For that matter, most hospitals in Mass will make your family wait outside the room during triage if you show up with an injury that looks like it could be the result of physical violence. It's a safeguard, nothing more, nothing less.

Mother_Marjorie
Apr 12th, 2006, 03:48 PM
... umm yes, and it links to an article which has the Child protection people saying it is all "A big nothing" and the STAR magazine article.

... what is your point?

My intent was not to make a point. However, Drudge is well-known for being the news source which broke the Monica Lewinsky Scandal, and if Drudge Reports it, then I think it is trustworthy, because he checks sources before offering links to stories. CBS and other news organizations monitor his website because he is generally the first for "breaking news" not otherwise reported by other major news sources.

Just because the Sun reported some of the story (and Entertainment Tonight the other portion), doesn't make the story untrue in my opinion, because I trust the judgement of Matt Drudge.

In terms of the thread starting, I wasn't trying to make a point about Britney Spears, nor was I attempting to a make a point that she or her family were in trouble by any agency.

Because, even I know that most states have mandatory reporting for injuries to children in their ER's, and that the DFS visit was probably nothing more than a mere technicality.

In essence, I offered the thread without judgement as most things I post in here unless I feel like responding, just as I have in this thread.

Its not tea-time and I don't feel like offering up any conservative views on Britney other than I truly hope her son is okay and that she will someday come to her senses and dump K-Fed.

alfonsojose
Apr 12th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Britney :retard:

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 12th, 2006, 06:00 PM
did the loser drop the kid? :awww: :awww: :awww:

i'm sure the loser didn't "drop" her fucking kid you moron.

Lord Nelson
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Britney :retard:
Hey it was not Britney who dropped the kid. Next time your sister's kids are accidently ill treated I will say Alfonsojose :retard:
By the way the kid's skull was not cracked. He was just a bit bruised. I think the chap who started this thread just wanted to make things sensational.

alfonsojose
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Hey it was not Britney who dropped the kid. Next time your sister's kids are accidently ill treated I will say Alfonsojose :retard:
By the way the kid's skull was not cracked. He was just a bit bruised. I think the chap who started this thread just wanted to make things sensational.
:cuckoo: :shrug:

tennisboi
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:15 PM
IMO Britney is trash