PDA

View Full Version : Sport thread

Paco
Apr 4th, 2006, 05:31 PM
As we did a big oftoppic in The ultimate soccer thread I decide to make a new thread about sport.
We can discuss here about every sport (maybe not football - it has own place:)).

So maybe I will write that I like volleyball - I will even say more I like girls playing valleyball :p
I also like Nordic combined (fav is Hannu Manninen), Ski jumping (Janne Ahonen, Matti Hautamaeki and Janne Happonen), Cross counry is nice (Julija Tchepalova).
I don't have to say that I like tennis and football and figure skating (off cours - Kiira)

Rollersk
Apr 4th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Great! Now everyone will have to listen to me talking about roller and ice figure skating.
By the way, in my avatar there is Tanja Romano, the best roller figure skater and the most beautifull of all times...

Mathijs
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Good idea, my fave others sports besides soccer and tennis include alot of wintersports (Speedskating, what else as Dutchman ;), Ski-jumping and Skiing), and i am a cycling fanatic, i try to watch every stage or over race (especially the classic races i really enjoy and the tours of France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany and Austria, love the mountainstages and masssprints :)).... and some motorsports (like F1 and MotoGP)

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:44 PM
The ULTIMATE sport thread ?

Great idea , in fact my favourites sports are Basket (my real passion), Tennis , NFL, Wrestling WWE, Brazilian Jiujitsu, Hockey ( I don´t like the Sabres :lol: :lol: ) before than Football

Dementirilenko
Apr 5th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Anyone interested in Sumo? :))

Paco
Apr 5th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I watched it once or twice but I'm not interest I think :)

Paco
Apr 5th, 2006, 03:10 PM
I forgot to say that I like athletics (Natalya Atyukh and Svetlana Pospelova)

Btw I you have idea of name of this thread tell me - I will change. In my opinion name Sport thread is boring.

Fearful Jesuit
Apr 5th, 2006, 04:24 PM
well, I really, really like basketball, I'm an insane, real insane fan of Quilmes (the local team) I even quited smoke due to Quilmes, but that's another story :)
also like rugby (played as a teenager :eek: ) squash, and feminine field hockey, well, I must confess I don't understand the rules, but to watch Argentina - Holland is a pleasure :drool: :lol:

Danči Dementia
Apr 5th, 2006, 05:49 PM
I forgot to say that I like athletics (Natalya Atyukh and Svetlana Pospelova)

Btw I you have idea of name of this thread tell me - I will change. In my opinion name Sport thread is boring.
You don't like Yelena Isinbayeva 'cos for me she is rigth now the best athlete she win everything like at once the ESPN comentator said:"She is like the Roger Federe of athletics with the diference that she is pretty" :lol: :lol: :confused:

Who likes gimnastics??????????????????I do I love it(I was gymnast :sad: )

Danči Dementia
Apr 5th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Great! Now everyone will have to listen to me talking about roller and ice figure skating.
By the way, in my avatar there is Tanja Romano, the best roller figure skater and the most beautifull of all times...
Yay¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ now we can talk about figure skating withouth bother anyone :)

Rollersk
Apr 5th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Che Pitu, a que de Holanda te gusta Fatima!!???
Dani, Yessss, we got a place to talk about skating :):):) I really like Lena Isinbayeva she seems nice and very funny! :)
I also like basketball, but rugby :awww: I don't like it at all...
In fact, I like all kind of sports exept rugby...

strawberry.babou
Apr 5th, 2006, 10:36 PM
You don't like Yelena Isinbayeva 'cos for me she is rigth now the best athlete she win everything like at once the ESPN comentator said:"She is like the Roger Federe of athletics with the diference that she is pretty" :lol: :lol: :confused:

Who likes gimnastics??????????????????I do I love it(I was gymnast :sad: )
I LIKE GYMNASTICS! :bounce:

Besides tennis, I like swimming (why are all swimmers so hot? Damn.), fencing :hearts:, figure skating and gymnastics.

Paco
Apr 6th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I like Isinbayeva.
I don't know why I didn't write her :shrug:

Balketball - it's interesting. My favourite player is Allen Iverson :)

Fearful Jesuit
Apr 6th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Che Pitu, a que de Holanda te gusta Fatima!!???
Dani, Yessss, we got a place to talk about skating :):):) I really like Lena Isinbayeva she seems nice and very funny! :)
I also like basketball, but rugby :awww: I don't like it at all...
In fact, I like all kind of sports exept rugby...

Fatima Moreira de Melo? :drool: mmm más o menos :lol: (which means, beh, so so... :) )

Fearful Jesuit
Apr 6th, 2006, 06:36 PM
I like Isinbayeva.

I think the best is Kobe Bryant

Paco
Apr 6th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Kebe is good but Iversone is cool :p

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Apr 6th, 2006, 10:26 PM
http://www.fitsportbalsem.com/images/fatima_moreira_de_melo.jpg

Fatima Moreira de Melo from Holland with love :kiss: :kiss:

Rollersk
Apr 7th, 2006, 01:43 AM
C'mon, the best on NBA is Manu, a real genius, to get where he get, and to be the 1º, besides he is so handsome (sp?) :hearts:

If anyone likes Fatima, visit her site is great: fatimamusic.com

Paco
Apr 7th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Manu? I don't even know him :tape:

SloKid
Apr 7th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Tanja Romano is Slovenian. :)

Well she competes for Italy, but is a part of the Slovenian minority in Italy :D

SloKid
Apr 7th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Manu? I don't even know him :tape:
You don't know Manu Ginobili?

Paco
Apr 7th, 2006, 03:46 PM
long time i didn't look at NBA. He must be new. But I think that he plays for Spurs

gentzy
Apr 7th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Interesting thread Paco !! You get an A+ from me for doing your homework well :D ...Well..I like almost any sport ...but especially Gymnastics, Tennis, Football, Basketball is just fine, volleyball, handball...I don't even remember then now...chess...ping pong...and the list continues...and Athletics...let's not forget to mention athletics...I admire Karolina Kluft :angel: and also Marian Oprea (my club colleague) :lol:

~Dementievaitis~
Apr 7th, 2006, 05:19 PM

:yeah:

sports thread? that would be too much for me since I like almost every sports after 1st watch

Danči Dementia
Apr 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Manu he is awesome

Danči Dementia
Apr 7th, 2006, 07:24 PM
I like Isinbayeva.

Yelena is INCREDIBLE
and here are now From Russia with love
http://www.athens2004.com/Images/Sport%20Gallery/Athletics/24%20August%202004/51086792AL612_WFI_pvltfl.jpg
This smile is just so cute :hearts:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/tchachinafan/Isinbayeva_Yelena_C_Athen04.jpg
and its never bad to check the back side ;)
http://www.tageblatt.lu/images/journal/25082004Isinbayeva.jpg

Paco
Apr 7th, 2006, 10:01 PM
I love when Isinbayeva win something with new World Record - it's so cute :)

Dementirilenko
Apr 7th, 2006, 10:05 PM
I like Isinbayeva.

Great, I like Isinbayeva as well!
Basketball.........in former times I often watched it together with a friend. My fave player...I think its Nowitzki, but I also liked Vince Carter because of his spectacular dunkings!

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Apr 8th, 2006, 11:58 AM
http://www.tageblatt.lu/images/journal/25082004Isinbayeva.jpg

:lick: :lick:

Dementinator
Apr 8th, 2006, 12:52 PM
I enjoy any sport that has Elena Dementieva in it!! :bounce: oh ,kinda narrows things down a bit dont it!

Well I do enjoy some Figure Skating and some Snooker ,Atheltics can be interesting ,cant abide bloody Golf ,its like watching grass grow only more boring ,Ditto Cricket and I aint much of a football fan neither ,some motorsports I enjoy ,Although F1 has become somewhat like a damp fart lately ,thanks to Midget Bernie Ecclestone and his 8 foot wife..

Dementirilenko
Apr 8th, 2006, 01:50 PM
I enjoy any sport that has Elena Dementieva in it!! :bounce: oh ,kinda narrows things down a bit dont it!

Well I do enjoy some Figure Skating and some Snooker ,Atheltics can be interesting ,cant abide bloody Golf ,its like watching grass grow only more boring ,Ditto Cricket and I aint much of a football fan neither ,some motorsports I enjoy ,Although F1 has become somewhat like a damp fart lately ,thanks to Midget Bernie Ecclestone and his 8 foot wife..

I enjoy watching Snooker as well although I don't understand the rules.

Rollersk
Apr 9th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Tanja Romano is Slovenian. :)

Well she competes for Italy, but is a part of the Slovenian minority in Italy :D
She was born in Trieste, if you said that Trieste is part of Slovenia, then she is Slovenian, but as far as I know, Trieste is now an Italian City, maybe I'm wrong, you should know it bettet than I;) , but no one can disagree that she is beautifull and a real genius on weels, besides she is so humble and nice person :) :hearts: :hearts:

Is she very well known on Slovenia? Do you like her?

SloKid
Apr 9th, 2006, 05:56 PM
She was born in Trieste, if you said that Trieste is part of Slovenia, then she is Slovenian, but as far as I know, Trieste is now an Italian City, maybe I'm wrong, you should know it bettet than I;) , but no one can disagree that she is beautifull and a real genius on weels, besides she is so humble and nice person :) :hearts: :hearts:

Is she very well known on Slovenia? Do you like her?
Trieste is in Italy, but at least one of her parents, if not both are Slovenian.

She is not all that well know, but there were some stories on her in the papers and on tv.
She is good. :)

Paco
Apr 11th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Today is ULEB Cup final Dynamo Moskva - Aris

Danči Dementia
Apr 15th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Paco this is for you:
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060325/i/r1777116713.jpg http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/urheilu/luistelu/322520.jpg http://sporten.yle.fi/turin2006/biobilder/korpi_kiira.jpg
Cute little kiira :hearts: :kiss:

Danči Dementia
Apr 15th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Opps I forgot this one:
http://www.skatesweden.se/Photos/NM2004/204_0407.JPG

Paco
Apr 15th, 2006, 12:48 PM

kristen
Apr 16th, 2006, 06:03 AM
I like Gamova very much

Rollersk
Apr 16th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Hey Paco, I like your new avatar!

Danči Dementia
Apr 17th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Hello
Like this is the Sport thread so I have to name this GOLF: Lorena Ochoa won the takeuji classic in las Vegas, Nevada hre is alittle article:
Lorena Ochoa rebounded from a painful playoff loss at the year’s first major with her first victory of the season, shooting a closing 6-under 66 Saturday to win the Takefuji Classic.

Ochoa, who has lost twice in playoffs this year, wrapped up the 54-hole event at Las Vegas Country Club at 19-under 197, three shots in front of Seon Hwa Lee and five ahead of Brittany Lincicome.

The 24-year-old Ochoa, from Guadalajara, Mexico, opened with a 63 in Las Vegas, stayed two shots in front with a wind-blown 68 the second day, then clinched the title with her fine closing round.

A year ago, she had a 74 on the opening day of the Las Vegas tournament before charging with rounds of 63-65 to finish second, two shots behind Wendy Ward.

Lee also shot a closing 66 to finish alone in second after Lincicome hit into the water in front of No. 18 and took a bogey for a 69. Lee, in the group ahead, birdied the hole.

Juli Inkster was fourth after a 63 left her at 13 under.

Lynn holds one-stroke lead at China Open. At Beijing, England’s David Lynn shot an even-par 72 in gale-force wind to take a one-stroke lead after the third round of the China Open.

Lynn had a 9-under 207 total on the Beijing Honghua International Golf Club c

I'm happy for her she did agreat job and I'm happier and prouder because she is Mexican :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Bravo Lore

Paco
Apr 17th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I have never heard about her before.
But congratulation :D

Paco
Apr 27th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Well the ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2007 will be in Warsaw. So maybe I will go there.
But it's no January 22 - 27 so it can be imposible - studies :(
Like J&S Cup this year :(

Mathijs
Apr 27th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Pity for you, but hope you get some chances...

I really can't wait for the start of the Giro d'Italia, as you might know i am one massive cycling fan, who loves to see every single roadrace (i don't really care about track racing)....

The last Protour World Cups where exciting (L-B-L, Tour of Flanders, Paris-Roubaix, Amstel Gold Race etc.)

As well as i much love Basketball, the local club from the nearest city here (Groningen) MPC Capitals (they were the champs in 2004) are in the semis of the playoffs for the title, really hope they can do the same as 2004, cause they have a great team, and the last time i was there to watch their match, the atmosphere was superb (like always, i think we have one of the bestest spectators in Holland) and the stadium was packed (as well as always)

Really hoping that MPC Capitals can go to the finals of the playoffs and win the title once again, leaded by the best coach of Holland, Ton Boot :worship: :worship: :worship:

Paco
Apr 29th, 2006, 11:30 AM
IN Basketball Euroleague final will be Macabi - CSKA Moskva.
Macabi can win it 3rd time in row

Paco
Apr 29th, 2006, 11:31 AM
But if CSKA win it will be amazing season for Russian Basketball - earlier Dynamo won ULEB Cup :)

Paco
May 1st, 2006, 05:19 PM
And CSKA won, well done :woohoo: