PDA

View Full Version : `~Clay Season Chat Thread~`

UDACHi
Apr 1st, 2006, 07:42 PM
Thought I'd start a thread where we could come talk about Elena's clay season! :cool:

What events are Elena commited to? How do we expect her to perform at RG? I think she has a great chance to win the title, but I see her best chance always being the US Open.

Dementirilenko
Apr 2nd, 2006, 10:03 AM
Nice thread. First of all I agree to your opinion that Lena's best chances are at New York but I am sure that she is also able to win RG. Not only because she was in the final two years ago, its also because Lena has reached a lot of great results on clay. She has won her first tourney at Amelia Island on "American Clay" and she showed us perfect performances in last year's Fed Cup final - on red Clay. There would be other examples but I think you all know them.
This year, Lena is in a great form and I am sure that Tokyo wasn't her last title in 2006. She is taking a rest now to prepare for the Clay-season and I hope to see her playing a great season on that surface.

gentzy
Apr 2nd, 2006, 01:13 PM
Well she decided not to play Charleston an other tournies on hard surface and commited herselt to play Clay events such as : Fed Cup, Berlin ....I think she really wants a good performance at the RG. Not that she doesn't always want a good performance but maybe this year she wants it most !!

Paco
Apr 2nd, 2006, 07:54 PM
I love clay season - and it can be better if Lena will do well during it :D

Dementinator
Apr 2nd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Lena has the speed ,power and shots to do well on the Potters Mud..

Danči Dementia
Apr 2nd, 2006, 11:59 PM
I think Lena doesn't want to play a lot of tournaments on clay before roland garros I think she want to prepare RG really well so she can finally could give all of us the happiness of her winning a GS otherwise we will have to wait until USO or maybe wimbedon :rolleyes: :rolleyes: but rigthj now lets start with missing Lena until the fed cup :wavey:

Mathijs
Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:15 AM
Great thread, i really cant wait on the clay season and Lena playing on it either....

I think i am addicted to Claytennis, a reason might be as well that i use to play tennis on Clay (called Gravel in Dutch)

UDACHi
Apr 14th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Okay, so according to her site, she's playing Fed Cup, Warsaw, Berlin, and Roland Garros, but I heard she was playing Rome. If she isn't commited there, she'll probably add it to her schedule the week of or something, like usual. :lol:

But does anyone know if she's gunna be in Rome or not?

Paco
Apr 15th, 2006, 12:48 PM
I think that Lena will play in Rome :D

Veritas
Apr 15th, 2006, 04:42 PM
It'd probably be best if Lena skips Warsaw and concentrates more on Berlin and Rome. She's never done well in either tournament, plus winning another Tier I might boost her confidence at the Slams. Her results against the top players so far this year (except for HH) have been disappointing. More practice is needed if she hopes to bag a Slam this year, because avoiding top players won't do her much good.

UDACHi
Apr 26th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Elena can do a whole lot of gaining in the rankings with a few good runs before RG, and possibly get a seeding as high as 6-7.

Dementirilenko
Apr 26th, 2006, 03:26 PM
She will play Warsaw next. A nice little Clay tourney where she can test her clay - form and where she can make a run into the semis or better. I thin this tourney is a good choice to find the right entry into this years clay court season.

Dementirilenko
Apr 29th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Lena's first tourney on European Clay will be at the J&s Cup Warsaw. Here's the full draw:

Clijsters - bye
q vs. q
Medina vs. Likhotseva
Laine vs. Schiavone

Dementieva -bye
Hantuchova vs. q
Koukalova vs. Benesova
A.Radwnska vs. Myskina

V.Williams vs. U.Radwanska
Hingis vs. Kirilenko
q vs. Srebotnik
Kuznetsova -bye

ALG vs. Smashnova
Chekvatadze vs. Jankovic
Domachowska vs. Ivanovic
Schnyder -bye

Lena vs. Hantuchova, what a match. Its really a tough draw cause if Lena beats Dani, she can possibly face Myskina in the quaters! Good Luck! :worship:

UDACHi
Apr 29th, 2006, 05:00 PM
As I said in the other thread, Daniela hasn't been at her best recently, and last year she only had one clay victory heading into RG. Clearly a good sign for Elena. She'll probably win in three. :lol: Then things get ugly.

UDACHi
May 2nd, 2006, 11:15 PM
She opens against Perebyinis in Warsaw. :yeah:

Danči Dementia
May 3rd, 2006, 01:05 PM
She opens against Perebyinis in Warsaw. :yeah:
and she won it next its Dani.................I hate when these two play against each other anyway it doesn't matter who win I will be happy for it (bout of course I prefer Lena wining)

UDACHi
May 3rd, 2006, 02:40 PM
and she won it next its Dani.................I hate when these two play against each other anyway it doesn't matter who win I will be happy for it (bout of course I prefer Lena wining)

No. They changed the draw when Greonefeld withdrew, so Daniela took her place and a LL took Daniela's place. Elena next meets Aga Radwanska, who has 2 top 40 victories in her first WTA main draw.

I expect Elena to win this, but not another 6-2 6-0, cause that'd just be scary. She might drop a set, but I can't see this youngster getting another upset.

azmad_88
May 3rd, 2006, 02:55 PM
all the best lena..thanks udachi!

UDACHi
May 13th, 2006, 03:19 PM
(5)Elena Dementiva bye
Lourdes Dominguez Lino vs Shuai Peng
Aiko Nakamura vs Marta Domachowska
Virginie Razzano vs (11)Anna-Lena Groenefeld

(16)Dinara Safina vs (q)
(wc)Maria Elena Camerin vs (wc)Nathalie Vierin
Anna Chakvetadze vs (q)