DUMB ALVES! :retard: :retard: :retard:

Brazil has no chances vs Canada and Puerto Rico

these 2 will battle in final

Alek
Apr 1st, 2006, 02:19 PM
YAY! Clay again! :rolleyes: :smash:

FLL
Apr 1st, 2006, 02:56 PM
They don't even need a round robin here.. Just make Canada and Puerto Rico play now so that they can go back home and rest :lol:

germex
Apr 1st, 2006, 03:11 PM
They don't even need a round robin here.. Just make Canada and Puerto Rico play now so that they can go back home and rest :lol:
Well Brasil is not a bad team at all, and Colombia with Castano is no piece of cake either, as a matter of fact I think this is a way stronger group than last year, I hope my dear Mexicans fare OK against Cuba, Uruguay and Chile to stay on this group for next year. :rolleyes:

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 1st, 2006, 05:48 PM
I also think Canada and Puerto Rico will face in the finals again this year. I wonder who they'll make play in the singles. I guess Aleks/Brandi and Steph/Vilmarie....I want the opposite though, so I can cheer for Steph and Vil at the same time ;)

Who do you think should and will play the doubles for Canada?

I think the best would be Steph/Sharon, but I'm not sure if Simpson will make Sharon play in such an important match if it is needed. I think it will be Mara/Steph. They love Aleks so they could easily put her in the doubles match also, though I don't think she deserves to be there. She doesn't like doubles and isn't the best doubles player, she shows it not playing any doubles in her tournaments.

It's going to be a great experience for Steph to finally play in some important Fed Cup rubbers!The only one she played was against Casanova and we agree it wasn't the same league at all!

Hayato
Apr 1st, 2006, 09:54 PM
Without Larissa and Rossana it's no wonder Paraguay were degraded after last years performance :tape: :sad:

Vamos COLOMBIA! (Cata :hearts: ), Brazil, Uruguay and Chile!!

Alek
Apr 1st, 2006, 10:06 PM
Well Brasil is not a bad team at all, and Colombia with Castano is no piece of cake either, as a matter of fact I think this is a way stronger group than last year, I hope my dear Mexicans fare OK against Cuba, Uruguay and Chile to stay on this group for next year. :rolleyes:

Will be tough, simply because:

1. Daniela Muñoz will be first player, and will probably give a great fight but won't beat Wozniak, Brandi or Alves.

2. Melissa Torres??? She is playing exhibitions against Novotna instead of playing real tournaments... :rolleyes:

3. Erika Clarke... :help: @ CLAY

4. Lorena Villalobos, 0 experience on Fed Cup.

And the four of them with the exception of Villalobos have much better results usually on hardcourts. Only chance is that something like 2 years ago happens, of Brandi getting injured and suddenly Daniela beating Vilmarie, but seems tough ;)!

And I agree Brazil is a tough team, and anyways Canada always have trouble with them.

Semifinalists, Canada, Puerto Rico, Brazil and someone.

Go Mex, stay there until Valeria Pulido becomes good.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 3rd, 2006, 03:12 AM
Canada and Brazil have played so much in the past years. Yes Canada struggled, mostly cause of Alves most of the time, but they always prevailed, and I think this year they will win it kinda easily. Mara always had tough matches against Alves, but Aleks or Steph should be able to get the two singles win.

Canada Puerto-Rico would be great this year again. What a thriller it was last year! Canada having mps in both matches :sad: I expect the same to happen this year, I'm giving Puerto Rico a slight edge again, but I think canada's doubles could actually be better if it gets 1-1!

FLL
Apr 3rd, 2006, 10:30 AM

Colombia only has Castano so at worst, Canada wins 2-1.. Aleks played her two years ago as a junior in Colombia and lost 7-6, 6-3.. she could win..

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 4th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Stephanie killed Castano, yes it was on hard, but it still was 6-1 6-2. So who knows.

Drake1980
Apr 5th, 2006, 03:23 AM
Great team for Canada! good luck girls!!

Hayato
Apr 5th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Go on Colombia this should be a clean sweep especially in your home country! :banana:

CooCooCachoo
Apr 5th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Why no Nuñez-Fuentes in the Colombian team :confused:

Ellery
Apr 5th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Go Canada!

Hayato
Apr 7th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Why no Nuñez-Fuentes in the Colombian team :confused:

she sucks at the moment anyway :lol: :sad:

myxomatosis
Apr 8th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Go Canada!

I will second that.

It's too bad there is no chance it will be shown on TV here. I don't think Fed Cup is ever shown on TV in Canada. We barely get any WTA tourny's as it is.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 8th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Even when Canada faced SUI in Montreal we didn't get to see it on tv. Seeing it live was way better for me, but I still would ahve liked to see how it went on tv.

myxomatosis
Apr 9th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Would it be different, do you think, if Canada was in the World Group? I somehow think there would still be no coverage though - even if it was taking place on home soil.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 9th, 2006, 03:29 AM
Maybe if it would be in World Group, but so far we are not close to be there yet. I think we could reach it in the future as our team is one of the youngest (even Mara is like only 23 soon to be 24), Steph at 19, Aleks 18 and Sharon at 15. So we could have them all for at least 8 years and who knows, maybe some other young incredible talents will come out of nowhere by then!

myxomatosis
Apr 9th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Yeah it's great that our team is so young. It means they have a lot of years ahead of them to develop and garner experience. It amazes me that Maureen Drake is still out there on the tour. Now that is longevity!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 9th, 2006, 08:30 PM
I've heard Steph will most likely play the singles as well as the doubles :) Not very surprising, I'm looking forward to whom she will play with in dubs!

Tripp
Apr 10th, 2006, 03:45 AM
Good luck Uruguay :) Estefanía has been on fire lately

myxomatosis
Apr 10th, 2006, 04:58 AM
I think Pelletier would be the best choice as Stephanie's partner. She's got a lot of doubles experience and has an ITF doubles win this year. Let Wozniak be the second singles player. :cool:
That does leave Fichman as the odd one out though.

Ryan
Apr 12th, 2006, 10:10 PM
I agree with Pelletier playing dubs with Steph, definately the best combo. I think they should give the dead rubbers to Sharon, and maybe Marie-Eve if she doesn't get to play much. I think Canada could play all 4 players in the singles and Steph/M-E in dubs and still beat everyone except Puerto Rico. I think they could easily beat them this year with Aleks and Steph in singles, Brandi and Castellvi haven't been good this year.

~CANUCK~
Apr 13th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Are you guys kidding? M-E is a horrible dubs player. Sharon would be the much better choice imo.

Ryan
Apr 13th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I thought M-E had been playing well the past few years in doubles, although I admit I haven't been playing close attention. Is Sharon really better? That'd be nice if she is, it would pretty much guarantee her a spot on Fed Cup every year.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 13th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Marie-Eve is a decent doubles player, but she is more a singles player playing in doubles. She didn't have the much success except when she played with great doubles players. On the other hand, I saw in Steph and Sharon the ability to become good and even great doubles player as they don't rely on singles but more on their anticipation.

I do think Sharon will become a better doubles player than Marie-Eve. But I'm still wondering if she is ready already to play it. Best thing would really be to make Steph and Sharon play together in the useless rubbers so they see how it goes. Cause doubles is also about chemistry. Mara and Steph seem to like playing with each other but I don't see any spark when Steph plays with Aleks. It'll be interesting. I asked steph about who she thinks she will play with and she doesn't even have a lil idea.

myxomatosis
Apr 13th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Well since we're less than a week away, I guess we'll all (including Steph! :lol: ) find out soon enough who's going to be playing what.
Such intrigue!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 14th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Exciting isn't it? Well it's a good sign about tennis in canada. We don't know who will be chosen, which means more than 2 players are performing :D

maxomax
Apr 14th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Do you think that Wozniak will play? because her virus seems to be serious...

Alek
Apr 15th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Vamos ERIKA CLARKE
Vamos LORENA VILLALOBOS
Vamos MELISSA TORRES
Vamos DANIELA MUÑOZ

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 15th, 2006, 05:30 AM
Do you think that Wozniak will play? because her virus seems to be serious...

;) It wasn't serious enough for her to withdraw in the past month or so. I guess she'll be ok for one more week in Colombia.

Alek
Apr 15th, 2006, 11:42 AM
According to an article, its already sure that for Mexico, Daniela Muñoz & Melissa Torres will be the singles players. And in doubles Erika Clarke will be playing with who best looks at the moment.

Oscar Ortiz the captain, knows how tough will be to do good here ;) (glad he is realisitc :p)

Come on MEXICO!

Scotso
Apr 16th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Vamos Mexico! :bounce:

*Joey*
Apr 16th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Good luck CANADA! :D :bounce:

germex
Apr 17th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Come on Melissa & Daniela give it all you got. Erika good luck on doubles with Lore?). Best of luck to them all. :) :)

Vincey!
Apr 17th, 2006, 02:00 AM
for me the better doubles team is mara/steph...but i thiink that it will be intersting to putt steph/sharon against the less important team...if is possible. :rolleyes: .soo gooo canada :bounce: ..and with a virus or not..aleks will kick some ass :devil:

Hayato
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Catalina and Mariana should play together hopefully.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I also think Canada and Puerto Rico will face in the finals again this year. I wonder who they'll make play in the singles. I guess Aleks/Brandi and Steph/Vilmarie....I want the opposite though, so I can cheer for Steph and Vil at the same time ;)

Who do you think should and will play the doubles for Canada?

I think the best would be Steph/Sharon, but I'm not sure if Simpson will make Sharon play in such an important match if it is needed. I think it will be Mara/Steph. They love Aleks so they could easily put her in the doubles match also, though I don't think she deserves to be there. She doesn't like doubles and isn't the best doubles player, she shows it not playing any doubles in her tournaments.

It's going to be a great experience for Steph to finally play in some important Fed Cup rubbers!The only one she played was against Casanova and we agree it wasn't the same league at all!

You are such a critical person! You have no open mind. You never know what can happen and that is why the best personality of a human being is to be open in life. It's not who loves who, it's what makes the most sense. If Aleks doesn't play dubs, it's no big deal but don't say she doesn't like dubs because you just don't know her and your not her blood. Everyone lives their career differently. It's ok once in a while for you to accept other players doing good and acknowledge their success.

Ryan
Apr 17th, 2006, 02:03 PM
You are such a critical person! You have no open mind. You definitely need a life.

:tape: Are you on crack?

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 02:06 PM
:tape: Are you on crack?

I wasn't talking to you. I know this guy and he always writes never comments about Aleks and I am sick of him.

Ryan
Apr 17th, 2006, 02:15 PM
I wasn't talking to you. I know this guy and he always writes never comments about Aleks and I am sick of him.

That's nice. That post wasn't negative though, and he is kind of right about Aleks in the doubles aspect.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Even though he might be right, he always criticizes her and all that, it's because one time, he was Aleks' number one fan and he started to really get too close to her life and she told him to leave her alone and he got freaken mad and now, he writes negative stuff on her on all the chance he gets. He tries to get the girls personal e-mail and just consistently disturb them. That is why I am tired of it and I decided to write my opinion. I do not like people writing crap about my sister. I am sure you wouldn't want anyone to say crap about your relatives no matter what. First of all, Canada needs more better players anyway on all levels.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Me having no open mind! OMG...you have an open mind, but not when it comes to your sister career. You think everything is black or white and everything she does is brilliant. I won't start anything here cause it's not the place, but check my answer in wtaquebec.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Even though he might be right, he always criticizes her and all that, it's because one time, he was Aleks' number one fan and he started to really get too close to her life and she told him to leave her alone and he got freaken mad and now, he writes negative stuff on her on all the chance he gets. He tries to get the girls personal e-mail and just consistently disturb them. That is why I am tired of it and I decided to write my opinion. I do not like people writing crap about my sister. I am sure you wouldn't want anyone to say crap about your relatives no matter what. First of all, Canada needs more better players anyway on all levels.

OMG you clearly have no idea of what happened. First of all, I never was Aleks' number one fan and never had the goal to be. I really liked her since the first time I saw her and I thought she had everything to become a great talent, which I still think she does. As for getting close in her life, if exchanging chats on like Congrats on your win and she tells me thanks, is getting too close for you, then I'm not the one with not an open mind. As for the girls email, I got Aleks' email from Steph. If she gets online and I have her email, I talk to her....BTW, that's the concept of MSN! :rolleyes: IF she didn't want to talk to me, she just had to stop it, which she did in a weird and mean way, but it is her choce and I'm fine about that. But I do care for players because of their attitude and not only their game and I certainly didn't like the attitude of Aleks and her entourage inthat situation, so I stopped to cheer for her for a while. But there is a huge limit between not cheering and bitching, what you think I'm doing. I said Aleks wasn't the player who should play for Canada in doubles, and I still think I am right. I even talked about Marie-Eve, who I adore, and her lack of doubles skills.

Ok, maybe I created the fact Aleks didn't like Doubles. But that's coming from the recent tournaments, where she didn't play one single doubles tourney. On the other hand, you also gave me intentions I didn't have about what I wrote here.

As for the part that I'm a freak trying to disturb them, I think that's the worst thing anybody told me of my life. I got pretty close with other players than Aleks and she is the only one who seemed to have been disturbed, and I talked to her once each 2-3 months :rolleyes: That is the meanest comment I've ever read here and if your goal was to make me feel bad, well congrats, you did girl!

XaDavK_Kapri
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:06 PM
You sound like a bit of a drama queen. The guy just expresses his opinion and it turns out he's not the biggest fan of your sister ? It's a free world, he can say what the hell he wants. If you have to resolve to insult and degrade him, maybe it means he's right in some parts of what he says. If your sister's attitude is the same as yours, i.e. not accepting criticism or any negative comment, I can see why he's not her biggest fan.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:25 PM
You sound like a bit of a drama queen. The guy just expresses his opinion and it turns out he's not the biggest fan of your sister ? It's a free world, he can say what the hell he wants. If you have to resolve to insult and degrade him, maybe it means he's right in some parts of what he says. If your sister's attitude is the same as yours, i.e. not accepting criticism or any negative comment, I can see why he's not her biggest fan.

Mind your own business dude.

XaDavK_Kapri
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Mind your own business dude.
I am gonna mind the business I wanna fucking mind ! Who the f*ck do you think you are ? If you wanna make this a personal matter, insult the shit out of people on MSN or by e-mail. You're posting on a public board and therefore, you make this a public matter and I have the right to say what I think about you and I've said it.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:32 PM
If you wouldn't have cared for other's opinions, you would have made this conversation private either by pm or email. Now if people agree with me, don't go and insult them to.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:34 PM
OMG you clearly have no idea of what happened. First of all, I never was Aleks' number one fan and never had the goal to be. I really liked her since the first time I saw her and I thought she had everything to become a great talent, which I still think she does. As for getting close in her life, if exchanging chats on like Congrats on your win and she tells me thanks, is getting too close for you, then I'm not the one with not an open mind. As for the girls email, I got Aleks' email from Steph. If she gets online and I have her email, I talk to her....BTW, that's the concept of MSN! :rolleyes: IF she didn't want to talk to me, she just had to stop it, which she did in a weird and mean way, but it is her choce and I'm fine about that. But I do care for players because of their attitude and not only their game and I certainly didn't like the attitude of Aleks and her entourage inthat situation, so I stopped to cheer for her for a while. But there is a huge limit between not cheering and bitching, what you think I'm doing. I said Aleks wasn't the player who should play for Canada in doubles, and I still think I am right. I even talked about Marie-Eve, who I adore, and her lack of doubles skills.

Ok, maybe I created the fact Aleks didn't like Doubles. But that's coming from the recent tournaments, where she didn't play one single doubles tourney. On the other hand, you also gave me intentions I didn't have about what I wrote here.

As for the part that I'm a freak trying to disturb them, I think that's the worst thing anybody told me of my life. I got pretty close with other players than Aleks and she is the only one who seemed to have been disturbed, and I talked to her once each 2-3 months :rolleyes: That is the meanest comment I've ever read here and if your goal was to make me feel bad, well congrats, you did girl!

Sorry but don't try to feel sad for yourself because everything now, you are changing. I know a lot of people that can't stand you and you know them too but I won't say who they are. Whats important is that we all have faults and Aleks have faults like anyone else but it's not for your place to put her down like you do. And I don't care if you have a problem with her, beause you are just another person that never played pro so how can you know anything anyway. I am not afriad to speak my mind and I will because I have been there and done that. We all accept our faults but we like professional to give us advice and not from a guys like you. So if you know reasons of this or that in her career, that's sad because you don't. Like I said, you can favor who you want and even speak crap about Aleks or others but it will all come back to you. Obviously, you have no moral values. I think you should stay negative because that will definitely take you far in life........not.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:36 PM
If you wouldn't have cared for other's opinions, you would have made this conversation private either by pm or email. Now if people agree with me, don't go and insult them to.

Why should I make it private when you never do. I want them to know how you are. I think it's my time to give my opinion because if you think it's ok to do in this world, I have the right to do too. Nothing is wrong to say the truth and be a guy and take it as a man.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I am gonna mind the business I wanna fucking mind ! Who the f*ck do you think you are ? If you wanna make this a personal matter, insult the shit out of people on MSN or by e-mail. You're posting on a public board and therefore, you make this a public matter and I have the right to say what I think about you and I've said it.

You got to calm down! Obviously you have a bad temper. Saying bad words is never the key of success in life. I only said that this it between me and that guy. You tried for no reason, to come in and yell when you don't even no the matter. We have all the right to speak our minds in this world like you just did and by saying bad words. It takes class to accept are faults and not to be rude. I don't know why you are mad when it's just not your business. Accept it and be at peace man.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Well then I guess it is my problem honey :wavey: I'll stay in my immoral and negative life and move on about what happened months ago....And I think you should do the same too! :wavey: :kiss:

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:47 PM
I don't know what happened months ago but yeah, good luck with the comments about any canadian girl. It's really a shame because you are canadian and no matter, you should be a team member. Encouraging everyone at this Fed Cup is what counts right now. I will stay out of your way now that I had this built up for a while and it's all out. Nothing is wrong to view our opinions. When you get fed up with something, it's good to let it out. So I did like you did. I'm glad we now know our opinions.

*Joey*
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:52 PM
:eek: OMG, Klaudia, don't you see that everybodry disagree with you!! And you still thinking that your sister deserv the best and all that! Geese, you have to open your eyes my deer! :lol:

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Aleks does deserve the best. And she is determined to make it. So most likely she will. Too bad she had to lose fans on her way there. But for Canada I hope she does well :)

XaDavK_Kapri
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:56 PM
You got to calm down! Obviously you have a bad temper. Saying bad words is never the key of success in life. I only said that this it between me and that guy. You tried for no reason, to come in and yell when you don't even no the matter. We have all the right to speak our minds in this world like you just did and by saying bad words. It takes class to accept are faults and not to be rude. I don't know why you are mad when it's just not your business. Accept it and be at peace man.
My bad temper tends to show when I read mean things about people who I think are nice people.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Thx honey :kiss: :wavey:

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:05 PM
:eek: OMG, Klaudia, don't you see that everybodry disagree with you!! And you still thinking that your sister deserv the best and all that! Geese, you have to open your eyes my deer! :lol:

Well if you care about someone and your family and even anyone, you should still hope the best for them and nothing is wrong with that. So you don't hope the best for your family? I would hope so. Only three people disagree and that's not everyone in the world. My eyes are open if they wouldn't, I would be here :-) All I am saying is I think there's nothing wrong with viewing my own opinion now. The guy doesn't obvioulsy like her so who cares, he is just another person but I have the right to tell my opinion don't you think? I read all these comments on this website on anyone player, from Maria, to Navratilova and it's ok to read them but I mean people can be so rude. These girls all work hard and it's not easy to be where they are and I think we should give them some slack sometimes. Nothing is wrong with that. People call Mauresmo the Lesbo. I mean how mean is that. I just want to defend some of them and give them support because some don't get that.

Randy H
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Sorry but don't try to feel sad for yourself because everything now, you are changing. I know a lot of people that can't stand you and you know them too but I won't say who they are. Whats important is that we all have faults and Aleks have faults like anyone else but it's not for your place to put her down like you do. And I don't care if you have a problem with her, beause you are just another person that never played pro so how can you know anything anyway. I am not afriad to speak my mind and I will because I have been there and done that. We all accept our faults but we like professional to give us advice and not from a guys like you. So if you know reasons of this or that in her career, that's sad because you don't. Like I said, you can favor who you want and even speak crap about Aleks or others but it will all come back to you. Obviously, you have no moral values. I think you should stay negative because that will definitely take you far in life........not.

With all due respect, I dont think you need to a br a pro to figure out plenty of things about pro tennis, and players themselves. The difference between being a pro player and being a regular player are execution, opportunity, money, and desire. But that doesnt mean that people who arent pros dont have an understanding of the game. I realize it is easy to look at things from the outside, because it always is, but sometimes that can be a good thing too. Richard Williams raised two world stars knowing next to nothing about tennis, and his daughters believed in what he was teaching them and instilling in him. If we all had the attitude that we shouldnt listen to anyone unless they have been there and done that, we would certainly be limiting ourselves more than we may think.

I understand that you dont want anyone saying anything negative about your sister, I would feel the same way if someone says anything about my sibling, but this is a public forum, and tennis at this level is also very public and its part of what comes with that. I dont think that anything said here was meant to be deliberately mean though, so you should try not to take it to heart so much, all of the Canadian posters here want the best for the Canadian girls, including CD :)

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:14 PM
My bad temper tends to show when I read mean things about people who I think are nice people.

How can you know if I am not nice when all I want is for people to say nice things about others and not to chew them out. I am only hear to support not only my family member but also other players because I am also a fan of women's tennis but at least I try to give positive reinforcement for them. That is the same thing I wanted to prove that not always we know why and how the tennis players make their career decisions so we shouldn't come to a quick judgment about them. I am sure you care about your family or friend and would want the best for them even when sometimes yes, we need to hear negative to improve but when it's all year round from mostly one person, you kind a get tired of it and will want to view your opinion and I did.
All I want is good for all the girls out there that work hard in their careers. It's not our place to judge so fast! They work hard to be where they are and I think they need our support and not judgement. I was once there and would not trade places again because it's just hard. Plus you have all these fans and not fans like in this exemple so it's hard.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:18 PM
With all due respect, I dont think you need to a br a pro to figure out plenty of things about pro tennis, and players themselves. The difference between being a pro player and being a regular player are execution, opportunity, money, and desire. But that doesnt mean that people who arent pros dont have an understanding of the game. I realize it is easy to look at things from the outside, because it always is, but sometimes that can be a good thing too. Richard Williams raised two world stars knowing next to nothing about tennis, and his daughters believed in what he was teaching them and instilling in him. If we all had the attitude that we shouldnt listen to anyone unless they have been there and done that, we would certainly be limiting ourselves more than we may think.

I understand that you dont want anyone saying anything negative about your sister, I would feel the same way if someone says anything about my sibling, but this is a public forum, and tennis at this level is also very public
and its part of what comes with that. I dont think that anything said here was meant to be deliberately mean though, so you should try not to take it to heart so much, all of the Canadian posters here want the best for the Canadian girls, including CD :)
I agree with you totally and my dad did the same thing. Didn't know about tennis and he created the number one player in Canada and got her to number #3 in the world in juniors. So yes, many people aren't professionals but there's many that do not know much too. And I am not goign to take it to heart but I just thought it was my time to view my opinion too you know? We all have the right.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Well if you care about someone and your family and even anyone, you should still hope the best for them and nothing is wrong with that. So you don't hope the best for your family? I would hope so. Only three people disagree and that's not everyone in the world. My eyes are open if they wouldn't, I would be here :-) All I am saying is I think there's nothing wrong with viewing my own opinion now. The guy doesn't obvioulsy like her so who cares, he is just another person but I have the right to tell my opinion don't you think? I read all these comments on this website on anyone player, from Maria, to Navratilova and it's ok to read them but I mean people can be so rude. These girls all work hard and it's not easy to be where they are and I think we should give them some slack sometimes. Nothing is wrong with that. People call Mauresmo the Lesbo. I mean how mean is that. I just want to defend some of them and give them support because some don't get that.

As I said, I agree about everything you said here. People are incredibly rude all over this board and say very mean things towards players. Where I disagree is that you include me with those people. If you look closely, I never personnally attacked Aleks here. I may have questionned some of her choices, and questionned some of the choices made about her career, and I critiqued some of her tennis abilities (i.e. here about doubles), but I don't feel I EVER was mean to her like they are. Yes some of my comment were negative towards her as the tennis player on court and not as the person, but like every tennis player, Aleks' isn't perfect. I'm sure she knows that and works hard on everything she has to work on, but I still think I can comment on what I think those things should be. And like randy said, I might not have played the pro tour, but I've followed it for a while now. Peace :kiss:

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Aleks does deserve the best. And she is determined to make it. So most likely she will. Too bad she had to lose fans on her way there. But for Canada I hope she does well :)

That is the least of her troubles. Fans won't get you to number 1. Everyone has fans and ennemis in all type of fields around the world. What counts the most is family support.

*Joey*
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Yeah but, even if she is your sister, you need to look at the two sides of the medal! Youa re just looking for the positive one, you know, you will have to face the other sides one of those days...you will better see this sides now because, if Aleks become a Top75, press and paparazis will say bad things about Aleks. You know, you said that your eyes is open but they aren't! In Wtaquebec, when we talked about the weight of Aleks, you said that she's normal and all that, but geese...open your eyes! She will need to loose wieght if she wants do be a Top player! I wish her all the best but please, stop to be frustrated after all peolpes who said negative things...and if you have problems with person...PM them or whatever else but stop to post your comments and to say bad things about the person who said bad comments about your little sister....

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:30 PM
That is the least of her troubles. Fans won't get you to number 1. Everyone has fans and ennemis in all type of fields around the world. What counts the most is family support.

There again, Aleks' determination was actually one thing that always prevented me from really being a huge fan of her. It will lead her to great things, I'm sure about that. But personnally, I felt like it is important for her to also get her mind out of tennis a little and accept what everyone offers her. Getting to the top seems to be so necessary for her, and sometimes I think it can blindfold her to the reality of things. Sometimes when you live in a world of illusions, it only leads to deception. But there again who isn't a victim of that!

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:31 PM
As I said, I agree about everything you said here. People are incredibly rude all over this board and say very mean things towards players. Where I disagree is that you include me with those people. If you look closely, I never personnally attacked Aleks here. I may have questionned some of her choices, and questionned some of the choices made about her career, and I critiqued some of her tennis abilities (i.e. here about doubles), but I don't feel I EVER was mean to her like they are. Yes some of my comment were negative towards her as the tennis player on court and not as the person, but like every tennis player, Aleks' isn't perfect. I'm sure she knows that and works hard on everything she has to work on, but I still think I can comment on what I think those things should be. And like randy said, I might not have played the pro tour, but I've followed it for a while now. Peace :kiss:

Cool! Yeah you can comment on things and you have the right and all of us have stuff to say. I try to encourage and give them supoprt because they have to read lots of stuff and some is negative and sometimes they need to hear good things. They have already enough of things to worry about. No matter who it is, my favorite player or not, I still admire their hard work and wish them the best with everything. I tend to always write positive even in the worst senarios. That's just who I am. I try not to analyze too much because I don't know the player's life details sometimes. But that is me.
So peace!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:35 PM
You need to understand also that for us tennis is our life, and by analysing their game we get closer to a dream we never could achieve or even try to achieve. By getting closer to the girls, I found a world I really enjoyed and wished I could be part of but sadly I can't. I think they are working very hard yes, but they also are very lucky to get the chance to get there. We kinda live our dreams through them, like a lot of tennis parents do, so it is quite tough for us when our bubbles breaks, just like it did for me with aleks.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:39 PM
There again, Aleks' determination was actually one thing that always prevented me from really being a huge fan of her. It will lead her to great things, I'm sure about that. But personnally, I felt like it is important for her to also get her mind out of tennis a little and accept what everyone offers her. Getting to the top seems to be so necessary for her, and sometimes I think it can blindfold her to the reality of things. Sometimes when you live in a world of illusions, it only leads to deception. But there again who isn't a victim of that!
There you go again, you talk like you grew up with her and know her. You have no idea what her life is outside tennis. So what do you have to offer her? Are you her sponsor? Are you what? She gets a lot of support and accepts it. Where do you get these things? We live all far from illusion in my family. Obvioulsy you had an easier life. You have to set goals and be realistic and that what players do. Aleks is so far from what you are saying. Aleks proved you wrong when you use to say that she would never go to the top in juniors and she did and she got to number one in Canada this year. But those are little things. Listen all I want you to do, is stop talking like you live with her and know her life because you obviously don't. Maybe soon you will tell us about Maria, Anna, and how they are in their lives. Just give her a break. Be at peace!

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:41 PM
You need to understand also that for us tennis is our life, and by analysing their game we get closer to a dream we never could achieve or even try to achieve. By getting closer to the girls, I found a world I really enjoyed and wished I could be part of but sadly I can't. I think they are working very hard yes, but they also are very lucky to get the chance to get there. We kinda live our dreams through them, like a lot of tennis parents do, so it is quite tough for us when our bubbles breaks, just like it did for me with aleks.

I understand completely but you got to understand you are just a fan and that's it. Fans come and go and that's life. You need to accept that you don't know the whole players's life that is all I'm saying.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:45 PM
I never thought and said I knew her life. But I've witnessed Aleks determination when I talked to her. Answering things like: I don't need luck after I wished her good luck, when she could only have said thanks and accept my cheering. But there again we are going on the wrong track here. We can agree to disagree here and you certainly know a lot more about Aleks that I do. But I do know a lot more about what aleks and I talked about also.

And I'm giving her a break! That comment you picked on was actually the only one I did about her in the past few months since the Bell Challenge. I prefered just not to talk about her than say negative things, except when I felt like I needed to get my point across. I feel that i remainded respectful towards her though. But I won't be an hypocrite and cheer for her when my heard and mind aren't with her anymore. I may not have any moral values, but integrity is sthing I lean on.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:49 PM
I understand completely but you got to understand you are just a fan and that's it. Fans come and go and that's life. You need to accept that you don't know the whole players's life that is all I'm saying.

But then again, fans I feel are important in a players career. Aleks is getting to the top at her rhythm, and she needs as much support as she can get. Well there again I'm guessing, but who wouldn't want support.

I do accept I don't know her life, but the only thing I can do is base my thoughts on what I believe in and what I would personnally prefer. And it made me realise I was different than Aleks, which led to all of this discussion.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Yeah but, even if she is your sister, you need to look at the two sides of the medal! Youa re just looking for the positive one, you know, you will have to face the other sides one of those days...you will better see this sides now because, if Aleks become a Top75, press and paparazis will say bad things about Aleks. You know, you said that your eyes is open but they aren't! In Wtaquebec, when we talked about the weight of Aleks, you said that she's normal and all that, but geese...open your eyes! She will need to loose wieght if she wants do be a Top player! I wish her all the best but please, stop to be frustrated after all peolpes who said negative things...and if you have problems with person...PM them or whatever else but stop to post your comments and to say bad things about the person who said bad comments about your little sister....

You guys just see her once in a while so you don't know all the details and yes, there's always going to be bad press and I don't care but I care about this one guy because people from Quebec tell me how rude he is and basically I was just sick of his comments for a year. And yes, there's always two side of the stories. Things that are good, things that are to improve, that's part of life. Players and coaches know what it takes to get better and the rest, is just comments and I have the right to post comments like he does. Listen, I say to my sister if she needs to lose weight what I think she needs to work on, that's normal but it's not for others to say and if they say it, she still does what her coaches tell her and not fans. All this comes to, is viewing your opinion and that's what I am doing like you and CD.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:52 PM
But then again, fans I feel are important in a players career. Aleks is getting to the top at her rhythm, and she needs as much support as she can get. Well there again I'm guessing, but who wouldn't want support.

I do accept I don't know her life, but the only thing I can do is base my thoughts on what I believe in and what I would personnally prefer. And it made me realise I was different than Aleks, which led to all of this discussion.
You are different that's for sure! You have to accept that and let it go. You should concentrate on Stephanie and that's all. It's better that way.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Dorota I'd really like to know who told you I was rude. I think it could make all of this discussion a lot more easier and could explain a lot of things.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:55 PM
You are different that's for sure! You have to accept that and let it go. You should concentrate on Stephanie and that's all. It's better that way.

Well we agree on that :D I've been focusing on my ninou for the past months and I've never been that happy, until today when everything started again.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I never thought and said I knew her life. But I've witnessed Aleks determination when I talked to her. Answering things like: I don't need luck after I wished her good luck, when she could only have said thanks and accept my cheering. But there again we are going on the wrong track here. We can agree to disagree here and you certainly know a lot more about Aleks that I do. But I do know a lot more about what aleks and I talked about also.

And I'm giving her a break! That comment you picked on was actually the only one I did about her in the past few months since the Bell Challenge. I prefered just not to talk about her than say negative things, except when I felt like I needed to get my point across. I feel that i remainded respectful towards her though. But I won't be an hypocrite and cheer for her when my heard and mind aren't with her anymore. I may not have any moral values, but integrity is sthing I lean on.

You are right, you don't need to be a hypocrite and cheer for her and you also shouldn't talk about stuff that you don't know then you really wouldn't be a hypocrite. Also, the reason why Aleks answered you the way she did, because she already had enough of you back then.

*Joey*
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:59 PM
:lol: Ok, can we stop the bitch fights now?? Thy story will never be over...

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Well we agree on that :D I've been focusing on my ninou for the past months and I've never been that happy, until today when everything started again.

Steph is a wonderful player and has great talent and I am glad she did great because she will be one again and I am super happy for her. I never had one negative thing on her or anyone. I wish her the best! She is super tough!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:00 PM
But I really never had the reason why she had enough of me...What was it? It kinda came out of nowhere and took me a lil by surprise. Was it cause I was too negative in my comments about her? Or cause she didn't think she needed a fan who would criticize some oh her aspects? Cause I'm intelligent enough to understand a situation, but I need to get the real reasons to do so.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:01 PM

Well I think finally we are being open to each other and what we are talking about is finally constructive and not based on mutual insults. If it stays this way, I don't think it is necessary to stop :wavey:

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:01 PM

Yeah it's fun! I guess we are all stuborn people. Hey, at least we have people to talk to. As long as we respect each other, it's all good. At least I respect you all. There's no fight here! You're funny man :-) I like your attitude :-)

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Well I think finally we are being open to each other and what we are talking about is finally constructive and not based on mutual insults. If it stays this way, I don't think it is necessary to stop :wavey:
It's good, we are talking and finding out about our opinions. Anyway, I think it's all good!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Same here. And I think that talk was needed also. It felt like a lot of repressed bitterness and tension on both sides really came out at once ;)

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:05 PM
But I really never had the reason why she had enough of me...What was it? It kinda came out of nowhere and took me a lil by surprise. Was it cause I was too negative in my comments about her? Or cause she didn't think she needed a fan who would criticize some oh her aspects? Cause I'm intelligent enough to understand a situation, but I need to get the real reasons to do so.

I think she was just upset on some comments. That's all! And maybe she just was very positive and funny and not address to you but just to say that she is good and doesn't need much luck. Aleks can be just funny like that sometimes.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Well I hope for her it was funny sarcasm cause it scared the crap out of me :lol:

The one thing I hoped of that situation is that the conception y'all had of me didn't get universal and spreaded.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Same here. And I think that talk was needed also. It felt like a lot of repressed bitterness and tension on both sides really came out at once ;)

I'm glad we had this talk :-)

matthieu_tennis
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:20 PM
:) the negative can be very constructive :)

¤CharlDa¤
Me too. I hope everything will be clear on both sides now: that I'm not a huge freak monster and your family isn't a *ego* machine trying to suppress everything said about Aleks.

One thing remains sure though, all the comments that might have upset Aleks all were my own conception of what was best for her.

matthieu_tennis
to conclude GO ALL CANADIANS FOR THE FED CUP :)

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Well I hope for her it was funny sarcasm cause it scared the crap out of me :lol:

The one thing I hoped of that situation is that the conception y'all had of me didn't get universal and spreaded.

That's one thing you didn't really know about Aleks but since she was little, she was and still is a little sarcastic. It's part of her personality! But she never means anything bad about it, it's always for laughs and you can't take it personal because it's just meant to be funny that's all. That's how she makes me laugh. When we talk, she always says funny stuff like that. She really doesn't even do it for real, it's like a joke. And even if she said that for fun, inside, she was taking her match very seriously.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:23 PM
We are giving them power by talking :-)

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Well that I didn't know, but there again, it is MSN. Nothing worst to get false ideas about a conversation. You aren't in front of the person and you take everything the other says like you want to take it. Same on a forum. I'm also a very sarcastic person and it happened to me a lot to get bad results out of sthing that clearly wasn't meant to be taken this way. Even with some people I really lover and care about. I guess it all started on the wrong foot and just evolved from there.

myxomatosis
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Yes I think all the Canucks will second that!

ALLEZ CANADA!!

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Me too. I hope everything will be clear on both sides now: that I'm not a huge freak monster and your family isn't a *ego* machine trying to suppress everything said about Aleks.

One thing remains sure though, all the comments that might have upset Aleks all were my own conception of what was best for her.

We don't worry about what others say too much. I am just the one that is protective of her and yes, I only want the best for her. And as for her doubles game, I know myself that she needs to come in more to the net and be more aggressive but there's no reason saying she doens't like it too much because she hasn't played dubs in a while in tournaments. She was very sick and weak and tried to rest for singles and because her raking is not too high, it's hard to get into the tournaments with some good players so sometimes, she doesn't want to waste that energy and play with someone that will tank like Esperon did during Jackson cause she had to show up in another tournamanet. It's not all Aleks' fault.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:29 PM
It was just coming from my personnal experience when I saw Aleks play doubles, she never seemed to enjoy herself, which is necessary in doubles.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:30 PM
:) the negative can be very constructive :)

Yes I agree but there's a way to make the negative be constructive and not make it like it's going to break everything down.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:32 PM
It was just coming from my personnal experience when I saw Aleks play doubles, she never seemed to enjoy herself, which is necessary in doubles.
How many times have you seen her play dubs because she never home?
Players do have bad days you know? She loves dubs and does always her best.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:33 PM
I saw her play around 6-7 matches in doubles. And all the times she didn't seem to really want to be out there. But that might be my conception, she isn't as emotive and out-there on the court as other canadian players, so she is tougher to analyse on court.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:45 PM
BTW, sorry for everyone who will have to read through this to get to the Fed Cup talk....We kinda overtook the thread for personnal reasons. :hug:

myxomatosis
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:54 PM
BTW, sorry for everyone who will have to read through this to get to the Fed Cup talk....We kinda overtook the thread for personnal reasons. :hug:
It's cool. I still loves ya :hug:

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Many players just don't have much expressions when they play but it doesn't mean they don't like being out there on the court. They are juste more neutral. That's all! We can't assume everything we see and give a reason for everything single thing!

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:58 PM
It's no big deal sometimes. Everyone does it once in a while.

Vincey!
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:59 PM
:eek: omg..what a long speach!!!....
:bounce: ALLER CANADA!!! :bounce:

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Well let's say the expressions she did always were negative then. But there again all times she played it was cause of a WC which means really better teams on the other side.

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:02 PM
CD, have a good night man and nice to talking to you and hearing your opinion.

Go les filles! GO CANADA no matter what the teams are or singles. Win as a team girls :-)

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:05 PM
We are going to make this subject popular before it even starts :-)

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Well let's say the expressions she did always were negative then. But there again all times she played it was cause of a WC which means really better teams on the other side.
By the way, if you don't mind telling me, if your not too mad, how were you able to put the nice picture of Steph by your surname on the left?

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:06 PM
It's a nice picture and I wanted to know how to do it for me :-)

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:24 PM
:lol: It's not my style at all too be too mad to do sthing like that ;)

Check the top left of your screen. You have user CP there. It is your control Panel. One option is Edit Avatar. Once you get there, you can put the one you want. But of course, it has to be the right size. You might have to resize them. Or just copy one from wtaquebec :wavey:

Have a good night to :wavey:

CooCooCachoo
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:34 PM
:woohoo:

Kiss-and-make-up-thread

:hearts:

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't mind kissing and making up with ya Tjin :hearts: :lol:

Klaudia
Apr 17th, 2006, 09:00 PM
:lol: It's not my style at all too be too mad to do sthing like that ;)

Check the top left of your screen. You have user CP there. It is your control Panel. One option is Edit Avatar. Once you get there, you can put the one you want. But of course, it has to be the right size. You might have to resize them. Or just copy one from wtaquebec :wavey:

Have a good night to :wavey:

Thank you!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 09:00 PM
It's a nice picture and I wanted to know how to do it for me :-)

Hum I just read you might need some vcash to do it though :( Try the way I said and if it doesn't work I'll send ya some money ;)

CooCooCachoo
Apr 17th, 2006, 09:30 PM
I wouldn't mind kissing and making up with ya Tjin :hearts: :lol:

:o You slut :o ;)

:hehehe:

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 17th, 2006, 10:15 PM
;) That's enough insults in one thread for me :lol: *leaves diva-like* ;)

~CANUCK~
Apr 17th, 2006, 11:04 PM
I can't believe i missed a fight about alekz :sad:

Drake1980
Apr 17th, 2006, 11:06 PM
OMG, that took me like 20 minutes reading all that. I'm glad you all made up.
Hey Klaudia tell Aleks she has a huge fan over in BC. I wish her the best of luck. She is fabulous.

~CANUCK~
Apr 17th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Oh well, GO CANADA :bounce:

~CANUCK~
Apr 17th, 2006, 11:07 PM
OMG, that took me like 20 minutes reading all that. I'm glad you all made up.
Hey Klaudia tell Aleks she has a huge fan over in BC. I wish her the best of luck. She is fabulous.

Pfff get in line, i like alekz more then you :p

Scotso
Apr 18th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Was there any play today?

Hayato
Apr 18th, 2006, 12:59 AM
The Colombian domination starts Wednesday right? :p

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 18th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Play supposed to start wednesday yes!

myxomatosis
Apr 18th, 2006, 03:25 AM
That's tomorrow! Yes!

joeytaylor9
Apr 18th, 2006, 02:09 PM

OMG, aren't you a DRAMA QUEEN or what! jesus christ, get a life :smash:

etxabe23
Apr 18th, 2006, 02:55 PM
¿what time is it in Santo Domingo?

Scotso
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:21 PM
¿what time is it in Santo Domingo?

http://www.timeanddate.com/

It's 3:21pm.

etxabe23
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:55 PM
and the scores? they must be playing now ¿no?

Drake1980
Apr 18th, 2006, 08:13 PM
it starts on Wed. I believe

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 18th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Yup starts wednesday :)

Alek
Apr 18th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Groups

Group A
(1)Canada
(4)Mexico
Uruguay
Chile

Group B
(2)Puerto Rico
(3)Brazil
Colombia
Cuba

Tomorrow:
Canada vs. Uruguay
Mexico vs. Chile
Brazil vs. Colombia
Puerto Rico vs. Cuba

Lucky Canada, 99.99% to be in the finals now ;) :p

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 18th, 2006, 11:29 PM
OMG what an easy draw for Canada :lol: I don't mind, I don't mind! ;)

Hayato
Apr 18th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Castano against Maria Fernanda then? Hope they have a nice match :D

Chile is the easy beat I think, Uruguay the dark horse.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 18th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Though they will be less prepared for the finals....But lots of energy!

Alek
Apr 18th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Don't be arrogant ;)

germex
Apr 18th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Groups

Group A
(1)Canada
(4)Mexico
Uruguay
Chile

Group B
(2)Puerto Rico
(3)Brazil
Colombia
Cuba

Tomorrow:
Canada vs. Uruguay
Mexico vs. Chile
Brazil vs. Colombia
Puerto Rico vs. Cuba

Lucky Canada, 99.99% to be in the finals now ;) :p

What is the format? First places go to the final, or 1st and 2nd go to semis? :confused:

Alek
Apr 19th, 2006, 12:23 AM
What is the format? First places go to the final, or 1st and 2nd go to semis? :confused:

1st place of each group plays final on saturday
3rd and 4th places face each other to see who goes to 2nd DIV.

Hayato
Apr 19th, 2006, 01:52 AM
fuck....Castano withdrew. Viky Nunez replaces her.....no chance for Colombia now then.

Scotso
Apr 19th, 2006, 02:46 AM
I thought it was supposed to start *yesterday*... ugh.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 19th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Canada plays Uruguay today. Steph starts against the number 2, then Aleks against the number one and then Marie-Eve/Sharon will play in doubles:wavey:

Ryan
Apr 19th, 2006, 06:03 PM
On the Fed Cup website it says they wont get today's results until tomorrow. :fiery:

Drake1980
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Go Canada Go!!!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Aleks won 6-3 7-5
Steph won 6-3 6-1

No news about the dubs yet :wavey:

Congrats Canada!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:36 PM
:) CANADA yay

Klaudia
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Good job Canada and GO Girls!!!

Hayato
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Estefania :sad: Good fight in the second though :)

I wonder if Ana Lucia will play singles? She hasn't played in ages and ages.

myxomatosis
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:39 PM
:banana: Good work ladies! :banana:

Alek
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:42 PM
BRA - COL 2-0
Jenifer Widjaja def. Vicky Nuñez 6-1, 7-6(3)
Ma. Fernanda Alves def. Karen Castiblanco 6-1, 6-2

CUB - PUR 1-0
Yanet Nuñez-Mojarena def. Jessica Rolland 6-3, 6-4

MEX - CHI 1-0
Melissa Torres-Sandoval def. Valentina Castro 7-6, 5-7, 6-4

Alek
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Good win Melissa and a tough match, sometime since you won a so tight match.

*Joey*
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:49 PM
CANADA!!! :D :bounce:

CooCooCachoo
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Is Brandi or Castellvi injured? :scared:

Torres.. So tough :help:

Hayato
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Wow Vicky took Jenifer to a tiebreak :eek: :)

Karen barely plays so it is no surprise.

CooCooCachoo
Apr 19th, 2006, 08:53 PM
By the way, who did Wozniak play? It does not look like a good score against a player from Uruguay.

Hayato
Apr 19th, 2006, 09:12 PM
By the way, who did Wozniak play? It does not look like a good score against a player from Uruguay.

Estefania Craciun. She is a good rising player. :D

Alek
Apr 19th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Mexico def. Chile 2-0 :D

Melissa Torres def. Valentina Castro 7-6, 5-7, 6-4

Daniela Muñoz def. Andrea Koch 6-1, 7-6(3)

maxomax
Apr 19th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Goodl uck Canada! You are the best girls!

felipe2004
Apr 19th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah, good luck Brazil!! ;)
We defeated Colombia :D, now let's go against Cuba and Puerto Rico!!! :bounce:
BTW, congrats Nanda Alves and Jennifer Widjaja ;)

Scotso
Apr 19th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Mexico :bounce:

Alek
Apr 20th, 2006, 02:52 AM
Mexico d. Chile 3-0

in the doubles,

Clarke/Torres def. Castro/Podlipnik 6-3, 3-6, 6-3 :woohoo: :yeah: :D :D

Clarke/Torres playing again together :D

Scotso
Apr 20th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Erika/Melissa :hearts:

I love that team :inlove:

germex
Apr 20th, 2006, 03:15 AM
Wow 3 - 0 Mexico, that's great, congratulations to the team. Clark/Torres that sounds like a great team, and a beautiful one also :hearts:

Tripp
Apr 20th, 2006, 03:19 AM
That's great for Mexico, but I don't think they'll get past Canada. Would be nice, though. I'm tired of Canada sweeping through the American zone and then losing in the play-offs of the World Group.

~CANUCK~
Apr 20th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Canada won there dubs match 6-3 6-1 M-E and Sharon played the match

Alek
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:31 AM
Canada def. Uruguay 3-0
Stephanie Dubois CAN def. Ma. Eugenia Roca-Recarey URU 6-3, 6-1
Aleksandra Wozniak CAN def. Estefania Craciun URU 6-3, 7-5
Sharon Fichman/Marie-Eve Pelletier CAN def. Estefania Craciun/Ma. Eugenia Roca-Recarey URU 6-3, 6-1

Mexico def. Chile 3-0
Melissa Torres-Sandoval MEX def. Valentina Castro CHI 7-6, 5-7, 6-4
Daniela Muñoz-Gallegos MEX def. Andrea Koch-Benvenuto CHI 6-2, 7-6
Erika Clarke-Magaña/Melissa Torres-Sandoval MEX def. Andrea Koch-Benvenuto/Soledad Podlipnik 6-3, 3-6, 6-3

Brazil def. Colombia 3-0
Jenifer Widjaja BRA def. Viky Nuñez-Fuentes COL 6-1, 7-6
Ma. Fernanda Alves BRA def. Karen Castiblanco-Duarte COL 6-1, 6-2
Larissa Carvalho/Leticia Sobral BRA def. Karen Castiblanco/Mariana Duque-Moreno COL 6-1, 6-1

Puerto Rico def. Cuba 2-1
Yanet Nuñez-Mojarena CUB def. Jessica Rolland PUR 6-3, 6-4
Kristina Brandi PUR def. Yamile Fors-Guerra CUB 6-3, 6-1
Kristina Brandi/Vilmarie Castellvi PUR def. Yamile Fors-Guerra/Yanet Nuñez-Mojarena CUB 2-6, 6-3, 6-4

Tomorrow:
CAN-CHI
MEX-URU
BRA-CUB
PUR-COL

Alek
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:33 AM
I wonder if Mr. Ortiz will risk against Uruguay and use Villalobos or Clarke against Roca, or will Melissa play. Since last year MIGHTY ARROYO was able to lose the tie by her own :devil:

Come on Mexico at least secure the second place and do decently against the Canadians!

Scotso
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:05 PM
I don't think he will take the risk. :p

Vamos Mexico!

Klaudia
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Canada beats Chile 3-0.
Stephanie Dubois wins 7-5 and 6-4.
Aleksandra Wozniak wins 6-1 and 6-2.
Doubles also won 6-4 and 7-5.
Tomorrow Canada vs Mexico.
GO CANADA :-)

myxomatosis
Apr 20th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Good work ladies, impressive wins! :bounce:
And good luck against Mexico tomorrow!

CooCooCachoo
Apr 20th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Canada def. Uruguay 3-0
Stephanie Dubois CAN def. Ma. Eugenia Roca-Recarey URU 6-3, 6-1
Aleksandra Wozniak CAN def. Estefania Craciun URU 6-3, 7-5
Sharon Fichman/Marie-Eve Pelletier CAN def. Estefania Craciun/Ma. Eugenia Roca-Recarey URU 6-3, 6-1

Mexico def. Chile 3-0
Melissa Torres-Sandoval MEX def. Valentina Castro CHI 7-6, 5-7, 6-4
Daniela Muñoz-Gallegos MEX def. Andrea Koch-Benvenuto CHI 6-2, 7-6
Erika Clarke-Magaña/Melissa Torres-Sandoval MEX def. Andrea Koch-Benvenuto/Soledad Podlipnik 6-3, 3-6, 6-3

Brazil def. Colombia 3-0
Jenifer Widjaja BRA def. Viky Nuñez-Fuentes COL 6-1, 7-6
Ma. Fernanda Alves BRA def. Karen Castiblanco-Duarte COL 6-1, 6-2
Larissa Carvalho/Leticia Sobral BRA def. Karen Castiblanco/Mariana Duque-Moreno COL 6-1, 6-1

Puerto Rico def. Cuba 2-1
Yanet Nuñez-Mojarena CUB def. Jessica Rolland PUR 6-3, 6-4
Kristina Brandi PUR def. Yamile Fors-Guerra CUB 6-3, 6-1
Kristina Brandi/Vilmarie Castellvi PUR def. Yamile Fors-Guerra/Yanet Nuñez-Mojarena CUB 2-6, 6-3, 6-4

Tomorrow:
CAN-CHI
MEX-URU
BRA-CUB
PUR-COL

Wow, Puerto Rico had a scare.

CooCooCachoo
Apr 20th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Why is everyone so happy about Mexico? Sure, they won, but the scores are far from convincing in the weakest country there, maybe together with Cuba? :shrug:

Alek
Apr 20th, 2006, 08:53 PM
won Puerto Rico vs. Colombia 2-0
Vilmarie Castellvi PUR def. Catalina Robles COL 6-1, 6-1
Kristina Brandi PUR def. Mariana Duque COL 6-3, 6-1

Uruguay vs. Mexico 1-1
Melissa Torres-Sandoval MEX def. Maria-Eugenia Roca URU 3-6, 6-1, 6-2 :D
Estefania Craciun URU def. Daniela Muñoz-Gallegos MEX 6-3, 6-1 :( (omg @ the effort :o)
Erika Clarke-Magaña/Melissa Torres-Sandoval vs. Estefania Craciun/Lucia Migliarini URU

Brazil vs. Cuba
Jenifer Widjaja BRA def. Yanet Nuñez-Mojarena CUB 6-0, 6-4
Maria Fernanda Alves BRA def. Yamile Fors-Guerra 6-0, 7-5

Alek
Apr 20th, 2006, 08:54 PM
yesterday it was Clarke/Muñoz who won the doubles :( so today is the Clarke/Torres comeback ;) :o hope with a win :rolleyes:

FLL
Apr 20th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I guess today was Stephanie's turn to struggle a bit.. Too close of a scoreline against Chile..

Hayato
Apr 20th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Craciun :banana: Nice work!

Colombia :tape: :o I thought Mariana might at least get a set....

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:02 PM
:) Canada :)
now 2 more wins to go!

Hayato
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Americas Zone II Semifinals:

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/PAR.gif Paraguay vs. http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/VEN.gif Venezuela :o
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/DOM.gif Dominican Republic vs. http://www.fedcup.com/shared/images/flags/BOL.gif Bolivia

If Paraguay got Bolivia they would probably get through. I think Veronica will get double bagelled by Milagros :tape:

*Joey*
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:09 PM
GO CANADA! :D :bounce:

Vincey!
Apr 20th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Go Canada!!!

Vincey!
Apr 20th, 2006, 11:06 PM
now kill some mexicans girls :armed:

Alek
Apr 20th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Mexico def. Uruguay 2-1 :D

Clarke-Magaña/Torres-Sandoval def. Craciun/Migliarini de Leon 6-3, 7-5 :woohoo:

WD Clarke/Torres, after Arroyo/Torres lost to the same team last year, we now can assure Fatcelita is not needed :angel:

Scotso
Apr 20th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Melissa is the star of the team :angel: ;)

Vamos Mexico! :D

germex
Apr 20th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Well, relegation is now out of the picture for Mexico. Congratulation to the girls, now we can dream, a least for a few hours, of beating Canada.

Hayato
Apr 21st, 2006, 01:34 AM
My two favourite teams getting whipped :sad: Colombia and Uruguay :bigcry:

Alek
Apr 21st, 2006, 02:10 AM
Well, relegation is now out of the picture for Mexico. Congratulation to the girls, now we can dream, a least for a few hours, of beating Canada.

Yes we can dream a bit :)

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 21st, 2006, 02:14 AM
Canada :D Let's try not to lose a set of the entire prelims! And then focus on beating Puerto Rico!

Scotso
Apr 21st, 2006, 02:32 AM
Yes we can dream a bit :)

It isn't a dream. VAMOS!

Drake1980
Apr 21st, 2006, 06:48 PM
Keep up the good work Canada!!

kiel
Apr 21st, 2006, 07:08 PM
Brazil 3 x 0 Cuba :kiss: :hearts: :wavey:
Jenifer Widjaja BRA def. Yanet Nuñez-Mojarena CUB 6-0, 6-4
Maria Fernanda Alves BRA def. Yamile Fors-Guerra 6-0, 7-5
Carvalho/Sobral BRA def Nuñez/Fors CUB 7/6(5) 2/6 6/0

Drake1980
Apr 21st, 2006, 07:15 PM
Canada scores from today?

patricktav2003
Apr 21st, 2006, 07:36 PM
go canada!!!!
so close for uruguay!!!

Vincey!
Apr 21st, 2006, 08:29 PM
no score for today :confused:

Vincey!
Apr 21st, 2006, 08:37 PM
Canada leads 2-0 against mexican :bounce: ..goo Canada

Klaudia
Apr 21st, 2006, 08:39 PM
Canada up 2-0 right now.
Dubois won 6-4 and 7-5.
Wozniak won 6-0 and 7-5.
Don't know about dubs yet.
GO CANADA!!!

Alek
Apr 21st, 2006, 08:42 PM
Muñoz got 5 games :eek:
Well decent fight better than the others. Hope to see Clarke/Torres and not Muñoz or Villalobos :fiery:

Hayato
Apr 21st, 2006, 09:13 PM
SF: Venezuela def. Paraguay 2-0
M.SEQUERA (VEN) def. V.CEPEDE (PAR)
6-1 6-1
M.VENTO-KABCHI (VEN) def. A.PEREIRA (PAR)
6-2 6-2

Nice to see Adriana get 4 games off Mavk :eek: Good try girls :)

SF: Dominican Republic def. Bolivia 2-0
F.SEGARELLI (DOM) def. M.RIVERO (BOL)
5-7 6-0 6-2
D.ESPINAL (DOM) def. D.TRIGO (BOL)
6-2 6-0

Hayato
Apr 21st, 2006, 09:13 PM
How is Uruguay doing against Chile? and Colombia against Cuba?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 21st, 2006, 09:21 PM
:) canada :) now win this!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 21st, 2006, 09:27 PM
Canada :D :bounce: Great perf, not losing a set!

FLL
Apr 21st, 2006, 10:10 PM
Again... Steph seems to struggle a bit but a win is a win :bounce:

Pick it up girls for the final!

Alek
Apr 21st, 2006, 10:38 PM
Pelletier/Fichman (CAN) d. Clarke/Villalobos (MEX) 61 64 :fiery:

Grrrr!!! I love both but wanted Erika to win and was obvious that Clarke/Villalobos were not going to win a doubles match :o

O well... :mad:

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 21st, 2006, 10:38 PM
Steph really needs to play a lil more on red clay. She performs really well on green clay, but she doesn't have a lot of experience on red clay. No better way to get some than playing all those matches in fed cup :D

Vincey!
Apr 21st, 2006, 10:52 PM
CANADA :bounce:
really good job girls!!!...She don't lose a set in round-robin pool..it was a perfect training for the final :D

Alek
Apr 21st, 2006, 11:12 PM
omg @ "training" for the final.
One tries to be patient and nice but sometimes arrogancy is soooo much. :rolleyes:

Come on Brazil.

Alek
Apr 21st, 2006, 11:37 PM
Brazil in final :bounce:

Brazil d. Puerto Rico 2-1
Jenifer Widjaja BRA d. Vilmarie Castellvi PUR 2-6, 6-4, 7-5
Kristina Brandi PUR d. Ma. Fernanda Alves BRA 6-2, 6-1
Carvalho/Sobral BRA d. Castellvi/Brandi PUR 2-6, 6-3, 6-4

Final
Canada vs. Brazil

3rd/4th place (it will be played? it says so on the article :confused: )
Puerto Rico vs. Mexico

FLL
Apr 21st, 2006, 11:47 PM
:eek: That's a bit of an upset for Brazil!

Come on Canada!

CooCooCachoo
Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:04 AM
Castellvi :smash:

kiel
Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:06 AM
C´mon Brazilian Girls!!!!Take the 1st place!!!Let´s go to play-offs!!! :kiss: :hearts: :wavey:

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:13 AM
OMG :eek: Vilmarie :sad: But easier for Canada!

Vincey!
Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:15 AM
omg @ "training" for the final.
One tries to be patient and nice but sometimes arrogancy is soooo much. :rolleyes:

Come on Brazil.
Sorry i didn't want to be arrogant ...I just want to say that all these match give so much confidence to the candian girls. Apologies me for my weekness in english :rolleyes:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:23 AM
:) Go Canada! Better take advantage!

Hayato
Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:28 AM
Wow Brazil :D :clap2:

Jenifer :eek: That's a sign of good things to come!
but Vilmarie :bigcry:
Nanda :o

Good chance in the final :)

Scotso
Apr 22nd, 2006, 01:49 AM
Mexico :sobbing:

Alek
Apr 22nd, 2006, 02:37 AM
Canada/Mexico 3-0
Stephanie DUBOIS CAN d. Melissa TORRES MEX 64 75
Aleksandra WOZNIAK CAN d. Daniela MUÑOZ MEX 60 75
PELLETIER/FICHMAN CAN d. CLARKE/VILLALOBOS MEX 61 64

Chile/Uruguay 2-1
Valentina CASTRO CHI d. Ma. Eugenia ROCA URU 63 64
Andrea KOCH CHI d. Estefania CRACIUN URU 63 76(?)
CRACIUN/PODLOPNIK URU d. KOCH/MIGLIARINI URU 63 63

Brazil/Puerto Rico 2-1
Jenifer WIDJAJA BRA d. Vilmarie CASTELLVI PUR 26 64 75
Kristina BRANDI PUR d. Ma. Fernanda ALVES BRA 61 62
CARVALHO/SOBRAL BRA d. CASTELLVI/BRANDI PUR 26 63 64

Colombia/Cuba 3-0
Vicky NUÑEZ COL d. Yanet NUÑEZ CUB 75 60
Mariana DUQUE COL d. Yamile FORS CUB 61 64
DUARTE/CASTIBLANCO COL d. FORS/NUÑEZ CUB 36 64 64

Matches for tomorrow:
Final: Canada vs. Brazil
3rd/4th place match: Mexico vs. Puerto Rico
Relegation matches:
Colombia vs. Uruguay
Chile vs. Cuba

myxomatosis
Apr 22nd, 2006, 03:02 AM
More awesome results!
Whee!!!

Hayato
Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:47 PM
Vamos Colombians nice end!!!! well done :)

I don't get how Estefania can lose to Andrea Koch though :o :o :o

Alek
Apr 22nd, 2006, 04:57 PM
Puerto Rico is using their "elite" team against Mexico :sobbing:

Clarke-Magaña vs. Castellvi :sobbing:

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 22nd, 2006, 07:36 PM
Canada won :bounce: :worship:

Aleks won either 6-4 6-0 or 6-0 6-4 against Alves.
Steph won 7-5 in the third against Widjaja :D

Doubles is about to be played :D

matthieu_tennis
Apr 22nd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Go canada :):):)

FLL
Apr 22nd, 2006, 07:51 PM
:bounce:

Everyone should be happy of their performance :yeah: For once I feel that the team can qualify for WGII!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:22 PM
I think they played good tennis, they were clearly the faves in all their matches and they managed to do great with the pressure. Steph seemed to struggle all wekk long, but she always managed to fight and pull it off at the end :D Nice performance!

It would be great to have an encounter in Canada!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Apr 22nd, 2006, 08:26 PM
:) Canada :)

Vincey!
Apr 22nd, 2006, 09:26 PM
Canada :bounce:
great fight steph :D ..well done aleks ;)

myxomatosis
Apr 23rd, 2006, 12:13 AM
It would be great to have an encounter in Canada!
That would rock. A lot.

All these fantastic results for Canada. They haven't even lost a match! :worship:

Alek
Apr 23rd, 2006, 12:20 AM
Promotion Play-Off

Canada def. Brazil 3-0
Stephanie Dubois CAN def. Jenifer Widjaja 36 64 75 (saving mp)
Aleksandra Wozniak CAN def. Ma. Fernanda Alves 64 60
Fichman/Wozniak CAN def. Carvalho/Sobral 3-0RET.

3rd/4th Place Match

Puerto Rico def. Mexico 2-1
I want scores :sobbing:

Relegation Play-Offs

Colombia def. Uruguay 2-1
Ma. Eugenia Roca URU def. Vicky Nuñez COL 76 62
Mariana Duque COL def. Estefania Craciun URU 61 16 64
Duque/Castiblanco COL def. Roca/Migliarini URU 46 64 75

Chile def. Cuba 2-1
Valentina Castro CHI def. Yanet Nuñez-Mojarena CUB 63 26 63
Andrea Koch CHI def. Yamile Fors-Guerra CUB 76 64
Fors-Guerra/Nuñez-Mojarena CUB def. Castro/Koch CHI w/o

Hayato
Apr 23rd, 2006, 01:42 AM
Jenifer :rolleyes: Should have won that one playing like yesterday..

Colombia :yeah: :D
but Uruguay :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Chile :D :D

Alek
Apr 23rd, 2006, 02:33 AM
score now

Puerto Rico d. Mexico 2-1
Vilmarie Castellvi PUR def. Erika Clarke-Magaña MEX 6-1, 6-2 :sobbing:
Kristina Brandi PUR def. Daniela Muñoz-Gallegos MEX 6-2, 6-2
Clarke-Magaña/Villalobos-Cruz MEX def. Guevara/Roland-Rosario PUR 6-1, 7-5 :D

Trent Reznor
Apr 23rd, 2006, 02:56 AM
Way to go girlz!!! You rock!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 23rd, 2006, 04:10 AM
Steph :bounce: :worship: Savin a mp! That explains the excitement ;)

Ryan
Apr 23rd, 2006, 02:30 PM
Canada! :D Does this mean they play the WG2 losers?

FLL
Apr 23rd, 2006, 04:24 PM
Canada! :D Does this mean they play the WG2 losers?

Yeah! That's why I think we have a good shot to get to WG2! Either SUI, THA, IND or probable ARG!

kiel
Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:06 PM
I read that Nanda was sick. She had to drink sorum friday at night...cause she had food poisoning...she looks better saturday at morning...but in the match...she felt bad, especially in 2nd set. :sad:

Anyway...2nd place was a nice result to Brazil... :kiss: :wavey:

myxomatosis
Apr 24th, 2006, 01:46 AM
YEAH!!
Awesome work Canuck ladies!!!! :hearts: :hearts:
And a MP saved? You rock Steph!!! :worship:

*Joey*
Apr 24th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Yeah Canada!!!

Klaudia
Apr 24th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Good Win Canada! We are all proud of you girls! Good job!

Drake1980
Apr 24th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Way to go Canada!

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 24th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah! That's why I think we have a good shot to get to WG2! Either SUI, THA, IND or probable ARG!

Canada will be seeded and WON'T face those 4 teams.

They will face either Thailand, Argentina, Australia or Israel.

Vincey!
Apr 24th, 2006, 09:24 PM
omg :eek: ..I will pray for thailand or argentine :angel: ..the two other teams are so good!! :rolleyes:

Klaudia
Apr 25th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Well, it's decided that Canada will face Argentina in Canada. This can be a good chance.

¤CharlDa¤
Apr 25th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I soooooooo hope it'll be quite close and we'll get the chance to see it! It is indeed a great chance for Canada!

Vincey!
Apr 25th, 2006, 09:43 PM
argentina iit's correct!!

LegionArgentina
Apr 25th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Argentina will win¡¡
We have lucky Canada is the worst team in WG2

Canada please back to America Zone

Go argies Go ¡¡

Chagas
Apr 25th, 2006, 11:23 PM
I Think that Argentina will obtain an easy victory. Even with the same team of last weekend against Croatia.

Klaudia
Apr 26th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Don't be too sure because you just never know what can happen.

FLL
Apr 26th, 2006, 04:12 PM
On anything fast, Canada will just crush Argentina if it's the same team as against Croatia..

If Dulko and/or Paola are on the team, it's another story...

¤CharlDa¤
May 16th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Royal Glenora Club, Edmonton, Canada
Stadium Capacity: 1000
15 July - 16 July 2006
Day 1: 1300 hrs (GMT 1900 hrs) tbc
Day 2: 1200 hrs (GMT 1800 hrs) tbc
Surface: Hard (Plexipave)

Weird choice, i don't know if I'll manage to go there :sad:

Drake1980
May 16th, 2006, 11:44 PM
yes interesting choice, I hope Canada can pull it off!

myxomatosis
May 17th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Royal Glenora Club, Edmonton, Canada
Stadium Capacity: 1000
15 July - 16 July 2006
Day 1: 1300 hrs (GMT 1900 hrs) tbc
Day 2: 1200 hrs (GMT 1800 hrs) tbc
Surface: Hard (Plexipave)

Weird choice, i don't know if I'll manage to go there :sad:
If it was going to be anywhere on the west coast (which I was really hoping it wasn't), I assumed it would be Vancouver.
Now I can't go and there's no way they're going to show it on TV. I'm not very pleased right now. :fiery:

:sad:

LegionArgentina
May 18th, 2006, 11:23 PM
Go argentina ¡¡¡¡

Best of luck argies ¡¡

The only thing that i know is that Canada will back to America Zone soon ¡

~CANUCK~
May 19th, 2006, 10:22 PM
If it was going to be anywhere on the west coast (which I was really hoping it wasn't), I assumed it would be Vancouver.
Now I can't go and there's no way they're going to show it on TV. I'm not very pleased right now. :fiery:

:sad:

You never know, they showed the davis cup on tv when it was held in calgary i think a few years ago. So we can only hope.