c0bra
Mar 30th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Go Tati! :bounce:

UDACHi
Apr 1st, 2006, 02:41 AM
21 now, correct?

selyoink
Apr 1st, 2006, 03:26 AM
Too bad she won't be able to improve the ranking because of this sucky injury.

Harju.
Apr 1st, 2006, 08:38 AM
She is #21.

If she were to play AI, she will gain more points and might hit top 20 :(. Stupid injury :fiery: and now she has to lose lots of points from FCC. :sad:. And she has nothing to defend on clay season which means she could just go up in the rank. But now, it'd be the same :o

:sad:

Harju.
Jul 22nd, 2006, 07:35 AM
Tati is back to #32. Could have been #33, if Amy didn't beat Gise.

Does anyone know when the cut off date for seeding @ USO? She has absolutely nothing to defend for this US summer season.

San Diego 1
Toronto 29
New Haven 1
US Open 84

yukon145
Jul 22nd, 2006, 03:22 PM
Tati is back to #32. Could have been #33, if Amy didn't beat Gise.

Does anyone know when the cut off date for seeding @ USO? She has absolutely nothing to defend for this US summer season.

San Diego 1
Toronto 29
New Haven 1
US Open 84

i think they use the rankings for the week of New Haven, but i'm not 100% sure. if Tati is in the 33-35 ranking area she probally would be ok because 1 or 2 players ahead of her probally could withdraw.

selyoink
Jul 22nd, 2006, 04:33 PM
Yes the seeding is done for the week before the US Open. So results in New Haven won't count for seeding.

Harju.
Jul 25th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Tati back to #28 after her first round win today.

Jankovic wins her first round match, Tati #29
Dechy wins her first round match, Tati #30
Dulko wins her first round match, Tati #31

Harju.
Jul 29th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Tati back to #26.

If she wins tonight, she can go up one spot #25.

She can earn more points @ SD, LA and New Haven. :drool:.

FrenchY52
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:33 PM
She wins 2 spots and is now #24

yukon145
Sep 13th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Tati at #23 this week. i thought it would be higher with her great showing at the Open, but hell she's playing well again so hopefully it will keep getting higher.

willrock
Sep 13th, 2006, 10:39 AM
And #22 at the race :D
In other words, if she does better than Chakvetadze and Pennetta till the end of the year, she'll be in the top20!
Hopefully it'll be in no time
C'mon Tati :rocker2:
Btw this thread should be renamed "Voyage to top15"
Tati is now a little more ambitious after this great US Open ^^

Harju.
Oct 6th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Tati won't be able to reach top 15. Top 20 is still within stretch, but she has lots of stiff competitors for the spot.

The top 25 players that are out of contention because of too many points to defend are : Mary Pierce, Kata Srebotnik and Flavia Penetta.

So according to my calculation.
After points are taken off for the rest of the year after Tati's win. Here are the lists of the players who can contend for Top 20.

17 Anna-Lena Groenefeld 899
18 Na Li 875.75
19 Anna Tchakvetadze 818
20 Shahar Peer 792
21 Marion Bartoli 790
22 Tatiana Golovin 750
23 Daniela Hantuchova 716

Tough for Tati considering she only have two tournaments for the rest of the year.
Unless she can go on and win two more matches this week ;)

Harju.
Oct 7th, 2006, 01:56 PM
With today's win, Tati has a shot for #20.

She's now up to #21 :drool:.
Marion up to #19. (Tati would have been #20 if Marion lost her SF :o)
Battle for Frenchie #2 is getting hot now.

FrenchY52
Oct 7th, 2006, 02:02 PM
#21 :)
Grr and Marion will probably win Tokyo title

Craigy
Oct 7th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Dammit, lose Marion. Go find cake or something :drool:

Harju.
Oct 7th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Just checked Marion's schedule.
She's playing Bangkok,Zurich,Linz and Hasselt
:spit:

Tati needs to do well in Zurich and Linz.

Craigy
Oct 7th, 2006, 02:25 PM

:eek: Marion is playing so much :scared:

FrenchY52
Oct 7th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Marion pff .. She's nice but .. After she complains that she's injured :mad:
Stop playing ! :fiery:

orfeus
Oct 7th, 2006, 04:21 PM

Sorry but are you sure that Tati will play in Zurich? I just checked the entry list& news and there's no Tati :sad:

FrenchY52
Oct 7th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Sorry but are you sure that Tati will play in Zurich? I just checked the entry list& news and there's no Tati :sad:

Yes yes she'll play ;)

ZAK
Oct 9th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Tati will be in the top twenty soon with Mary Pierce falling down. Kinda a sad way to get there (Mary :sad: )

selyoink
Oct 9th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Well Pierce isn't defending her Moscow title nor will she make YEC to defend her finalist points there. So she will definitely fall behind Tati.

Craigy
Oct 9th, 2006, 07:34 PM
:D go Tati

Harju.
Oct 10th, 2006, 03:42 PM
If Anna C or Shahar P wins their second round match, Tati will be out of Top 20.
For now she's safe.

Craigy
Oct 10th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Well I can see Anna winning. Who does Peer play?

Harju.
Oct 10th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Anna C vs Franny S
Shahar P vs Lena D

Chaky will prolly win against Franny. Shahar has a chance against Lena D who was sort of injured last week.

Next week, the competition is stiffer. Many players have a chance to be in top 20 depending on their results. Three spots are for grabbed for these 7 players.
Bartoli, Li, ALG, Shahar, Tati, Chaky (if she does well this week since she's not playing Zurich) and Dani (if she does really well @ Zurich). Should be exciting.

Craigy
Oct 10th, 2006, 06:01 PM
:sad: I want Tati in the top 20 to finish the year :mad:

Harju.
Oct 12th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Anna C wins.
Tati out of top 20.
ALG and Li lost early this week. Makes the competition even stiffer next week. :drool:

FrenchY52
Oct 12th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Anna C wins.
Tati out of top 20.
ALG and Li lost early this week. Makes the competition even stiffer next week. :drool:

Apparently Li isn't gonna play anymore this year. And Davenport will finish the year after Tati too so .. Can't wait for Zurich :bounce:

selyoink
Oct 12th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Anna C wins.
Tati out of top 20.

Tati was only ranked 21 this week.

FrenchY52
Oct 13th, 2006, 10:41 AM
AnnaC in Semis :(

Harju.
Oct 13th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Tati was only ranked 21 this week.
Tati was supposed to be #20 since Mary's points are taken off this week but she got bumped out by Anna C.

Anna C will play Zurich. So I think her top 20 spot is pretty much safe. I like Anna C though so I don't mind :tape:

selyoink
Oct 13th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Tati was supposed to be #20 since Mary's points are taken off this week but she got bumped out by Anna C.

Anna C will play Zurich. So I think her top 20 spot is pretty much safe. I like Anna C though so I don't mind :tape:

Yeah I like Anna C. also. She doesn't have a lot of points to defend until after the Australian Open either. But Davenport might fall out of top 20 soon because she doesn't seem to be playing anymore this year plus she won't make YEC.

willrock
Oct 15th, 2006, 12:14 PM
I had told u! This thread should be renamed voyage to #15^^
Tati's place in the top20 at the end of the season is pretty much certain (for me :lol: ). But i might be presumptuous...

Harju.
Oct 15th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Tati's place in the top20 at the end of the season is pretty much certain (for me :lol: ). But i might be presumptuous...
Yes Lindsay may be out of top 20, but that doesn't mean Tati is automatically in the top 20. Tati has other competitions from other players like Bartoli (who's still in top 20 and nothing to defend), Na (who's still in the top 20, granted not playing any other more tourneys but Tati has her Linz QF points to defend), Shahar and ALG.

Anna C has safely secured her place in the top 20 with the Moscow win plus she's playing Zurich and Linz.

And it's not like Tati has a cake walk draw in Zurich. She's facing Nicole V who owns her 3-0. So :shrug:

Harju.
Oct 15th, 2006, 03:13 PM
And top 15 is pretty much out of question unless Tati somehow wins Zurich and Linz back to back.

rseto
Oct 15th, 2006, 03:55 PM

i sort of agree. tati has already been in the top 20. next goal is 15 whether it's this year or next.

willrock
Oct 17th, 2006, 10:50 PM
And top 15 is pretty much out of question unless Tati somehow wins Zurich and Linz back to back.

Why not :shrug:
:lol:

selyoink
Oct 17th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Why not :shrug:

Because she is Tati. And as we all know Tati is a compulsive choker. :p

willrock
Oct 18th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Because she is Tati. And as we all know Tati is a compulsive choker. :p

But she can prove us wrong :angel:
Yesterday was maybe the beginning :worship:

FrenchY52
Jan 7th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Tati will still be 22 next week even with last year's QF in Gold Coast

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:35 AM
she needs to get back to top 20 this week if she beats momo she is on her way :hug:

orfeus
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:57 AM
she needs to get back to top 20 this week if she beats momo she is on her way :hug:

Bah;) ....it's gonna be a great match anyway...somethin' like the queen of the French (female) tennis to face her succesor;)

FrenchY52
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:10 AM
If she beats Amélie, she passes Marion and will be French n2 again.
But hopefully she'll serve a lot better and she'll play at a great level ! Come on !

selyoink
Jan 8th, 2007, 02:48 PM
She will be ranked ahead of Bartoli and ALG soon enough.

Harju.
Jan 13th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Tati = #23 after Sydney.

Tati would be #19 after the AO points being removed from the rank. I think even if she does well, the best she could do is only somewhere around #15. Like I've been saying, the competition between #15-#24 is pretty tight.

14 Ana Ivanovic SRB 1072
15 Na Li CHN 968
16 Shahar Peer ISR 961
17 Anastasia Myskina RUS 904
18 Anna-Lena Groenefeld GER 886
19 Tatiana Golovin FRA 862
20 Daniela Hantuchova SVK 850
21 Marion Bartoli FRA 845
22 Katarina Srebotnik SLO 839
23 Francesca Schiavone ITA 802
24 Vera Zvonareva RUS 794

yukon145
Jan 21st, 2007, 06:08 AM
im not sure, but i think this means Tati is #18 after the Aussie Open:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=8073837#post8073837

if so, Tati is back to her career high ranking! keep climbing up Tati.

AnneSo006
Jan 21st, 2007, 06:31 AM
Not 100% sure that Tati will be 18 after the Aussie... If Zvoraneva survives her 1/8 againt Sharapova, she will be before Tati...

Sharar Peer is virtually #14... Really a shame no one of those 2 match points stays in the court! :sad:

But sure Tati will beat this #18! ;)
Allez Tat'!!!!! You will rock the OGF!!!

ZAK
Jan 21st, 2007, 07:19 AM
I hope Tati is seeded top 16 for the rest of the year's slams. It should make things easier

.:sk:.
Jan 29th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Tati's back in Top 20!!!

Rank 19:bounce:

MarineGoTati
Jan 29th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Congrats Tati!
Now we have to give a new name to this poll: Voyage to #15. It's ranking thread y'all !!!

selyoink
Jan 29th, 2007, 08:48 PM
She is one spot off of her career high now. Let us hope in a few weeks she can establish a new career high ranking.

willrock
Feb 11th, 2007, 09:50 AM
CHANGE THE TITLE CHANGE THE TITLE CHANGE ittttttttttttttt!
please :)

FrenchY52
Feb 11th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah she can think about #15 now.
Btw She'll be 20 tomorrow ;)

Harju.
Feb 11th, 2007, 02:31 PM
yeah whatever. she'd have miami points taken off soon. then we'd back to outside top 30.

selyoink
Feb 11th, 2007, 02:46 PM
yeah whatever. she'd have miami points taken off soon. then we'd back to outside top 30.

:haha:

Harju.
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:13 PM
:haha:
:p

i'm just being realistic. she barely hangs on to the top 20. we'd talk about top 15 when miami is over because thats when she can rack as much points as she can. for now, let's just sit back and watch her play a close match with top players.

selyoink
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:18 PM

i'm just being realistic. she barely hangs on to the top 20. we'd talk about top 15 when miami is over because thats when she can rack as much points as she can. for now, let's just sit back and watch her play a close match with top players.

Hey I totally agree with you. I don't think she is going to be making a move up the rankings anytime soon.

Craigy
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:20 PM

I see you've been working hard on this optimistic attitude :p

Harju.
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I see you've been working hard on this optimistic attitude :p
oh, i'm glad that are a lot of people here who are very supportive of tati. but i'm not so much of that. in fact, i usually cringe when i read nice thing about tati. beats me why :shrug:

and stop pretending craig :p we both were bitching about tati when she played Justine :tape: :tape:

Craigy
Feb 11th, 2007, 03:37 PM
oh, i'm glad that are a lot of people here who are very supportive of tati. but i'm not so much of that. in fact, i usually cringe when i read nice thing about tati. beats me why :shrug:

and stop pretending craig :p we both were bitching about tati when she played Justine :tape: :tape:

I never said I was being optimistic :p
Everyone knows I'm just as bad as you :o
You should have seen me about Serena @ the Australian Open 2006 :help:

Iceland
Feb 11th, 2007, 04:02 PM

:bigcry:
It's hard reading posts like that. But even if I want to believe in Tati, I can't say you're wrong. She is not playing agressively enough, she should go more to the net and play with more depth. I'm quite disappointed about what she showed in Paris because, although her serve is getting better. She has not improved since her loss again Peer whereas Chakvetadze, Safarova and Peer are really on the rise. :(

I still trust in her, at least, until Antwerp. It will be good test to see if she is fit enough to play two tournaments in a row and how her games evolves after being inspired by Hénin's. I hope she will defeat a player ranked before her, for the first time of the year. A QF will be already good, a SF very reassuring !

orfeus
Feb 11th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Hey I totally agree with you. I don't think she is going to be making a move up the rankings anytime soon.

...oh did I miss something??? As far as I know, she reached just the 2nd round at Antwerp last year and didn't play Memphis @ all, so she can move up pretty soon...

ZAK
Feb 11th, 2007, 05:54 PM
...oh did I miss something??? As far as I know, she reached just the 2nd round at Antwerp last year and didn't play Memphis @ all, so she can move up pretty soon...

ummm yeah. plus she lost in the third round of indian wells, definitely improvable.

i think the key to looking on the bright side is seeing the big picture. for example, sure safarova is doing better than tati right now but last year lucie was in a massive slump when tati reached the quarters of a slam.

and she hasn't improved since her lost since Peer? you mean in the ONE tournament she has played since then :lol::lol:. Lost year she starting off with a loss to Santangelo, this year she has gone 3 (4 with hopman cup) tournaments without losing to anyone ranked lower than her.

i do agree, though, that she is going to have to get more agressive, but that'll come

selyoink
Feb 11th, 2007, 07:26 PM

Yes but then after those two tournaments she has SF points at Miami to defend. I doubt she will get another great draw like last year. So if she loses early in Miami that will negate points that she gains.

MarineGoTati
Feb 11th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Yes but then after those two tournaments she has SF points at Miami to defend. I doubt she will get another great draw like last year. So if she loses early in Miami that will negate points that she gains.

Yeah I agree with you but after Miami and until Stanford she don't have any points to defend (1st round in Roland Garros, 2nd in Wimbledon, 1st in Cincinnati).

Iceland
Feb 11th, 2007, 10:05 PM
and she hasn't improved since her lost since Peer? you mean in the ONE tournament she has played since then :lol::lol:. Lost year she starting off with a loss to Santangelo, this year she has gone 3 (4 with hopman cup) tournaments without losing to anyone ranked lower than her.

After Peer's match, Tati said that she should have played more agressively going to the net, well, she didn't try that against Hénin whereas it would have been effective. She needs to apply the conclusions that she makes and not only say them.
But for the moment, I agree with you, Tati is doing a good job or at least what she is supposed to do and her losses are always tight. But we all want MORE :p :lol:

Go Tati in Antwerp !

Harju.
Feb 12th, 2007, 01:57 PM
well if the whole WTA revolves around Tati, then she can move up to #1 before you know it, but unfortunately there are other players that will also rack lots of points in the coming weeks.

Anyway, Tati is now #23 after Antwerp points are taken off.

Harju.
Feb 12th, 2007, 02:01 PM
ummm yeah. plus she lost in the third round of indian wells, definitely improvable.

i think the key to looking on the bright side is seeing the big picture. for example, sure safarova is doing better than tati right now but last year lucie was in a massive slump when tati reached the quarters of a slam.

i do agree, though, that she is going to have to get more agressive, but that'll come
yes, be more aggresive.

don't play 589674567 shots to win a point. it's not going to make her a top 10 player. and the worst part is that she has a great forehand and serve. if she can just make 'em as a weapon and she can easily reach top 10.

however, the thing with tati is that she felt as though having a coach will hinder her performance. :tape:

orfeus
Feb 12th, 2007, 06:04 PM
well if the whole WTA revolves around Tati, then she can move up to #1 before you know it, but unfortunately there are other players that will also rack lots of points in the coming weeks.

Anyway, Tati is now #23 after Antwerp points are taken off.

well, believe it or not, I understand that there are also some other girls on the tour, not just Tati (tho' I really didn't know that for a long time:rolleyes:) ...anyway, back to the point - first, I don't think there will be any Antwerp points taken off, quite the contrary...
second - Sugiyama, Schiavone, Srebotnik, ALG and Hantuchova are playing at Dubai (Tier II) - do u really think they "will rack lots of points" there? The only player who prolly will is Peer, who's playing with Tati at Memphis (Tier III) - both the highest seeded players there...
...oh yeah, the Miami thing....well, even if she isn't as lucky as the last year, she could still reach, say, QF there...we'll see...

Harju.
Feb 14th, 2007, 05:21 PM
She's now #18 after reaching QF.
She'd still be stuck at #18 even if she reach SF or F.
She'd move to #16 if she wins Antwerp.

MarineGoTati
Feb 14th, 2007, 05:42 PM

Come on to the #16 ranking :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

orfeus
Feb 14th, 2007, 05:44 PM

...so no points taken off V-lix???;) :lol:

Zombielicious
Feb 14th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Allez Tati! :D

I know I'm thinking ahead, but it will be very nice to see Tatiana in the top ten. :drool:

Harju.
Feb 14th, 2007, 06:01 PM
...so no points taken off V-lix???;) :lol:
Her 25 points were taken off before Antwerp starts :shrug:

Iceland
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I hope Vera will lose to Nadia tomorrow - even if I like her too - so as to make Tati's 18th rank safer ;)
16th would be so great ... go go go Tati !!!

orfeus
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Her 25 points were taken off before Antwerp starts :shrug:

bah, ok;)
the question is, how many she gets now...

selyoink
Feb 14th, 2007, 08:47 PM
I hope she can win at least one more round to further solidify her place in the top 20.

rseto
Feb 19th, 2007, 06:54 AM
in case everybody forgot, tati's current ranking of #18 ties her career high. hopefully she can set a new high soon.

yukon145
Feb 19th, 2007, 01:37 PM
in case everybody forgot, tati's current ranking of #18 ties her career high. hopefully she can set a new high soon.

:banana:

yukon145
Mar 16th, 2007, 06:34 PM
anyone know her rank after IW? is it still 19?

i read in GM that her ranking without miami at its worse is 24. can anyone confirm?

Harju.
Mar 19th, 2007, 12:52 PM
anyone know her rank after IW? is it still 19?

i read in GM that her ranking without miami at its worse is 24. can anyone confirm?
It was me. ;)

In fact, after Miami points are taken off, she's at #20 thanks to her good run @ Antwerp and IW. But she's 200 points away from #18. So it's hard for her to move up the rank this week. Hope she can still survive in the top 20 after Miami!

yukon145
Mar 19th, 2007, 01:39 PM
thanks for doing the math V-lix

Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:16 AM
Singles: 20 (-1):o
Race - Singles: 18 (-1):rolleyes:
Doubles: 116 (+80:eek: ) New career high :bounce:

youkoulélé
Apr 3rd, 2007, 08:33 PM
Doubles: 116 (+80:eek: ) New career high :bounce:

LOL :bounce: :bounce:

Zombielicious
Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:03 PM
lol, go tati!

youkoulélé
Apr 16th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Singles: 18 (+1) :bounce:

Race - Singles: 9 :hearts: :lick: :devil:

Apr 16th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Wow, number 9 in the race. With good results in the Grand Slams she could qualify for the Masters in Madrid...:p

Slutiana
Apr 16th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Wow, number 9 in the race. With good results in the Grand Slams she could qualify for the Masters in Madrid...:p

its true!! its only a matter of time before she's in the top ten in the proper rankings :)...so when tati gets into the top 15 (preferably before the FO) then this thread title can be changed to voyage to the top 10 and beyond!!!;)

Demska
Apr 16th, 2007, 09:14 PM
No doubt she'll reach the top 15 by RG. No points to defend. Should be easy.

youkoulélé
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:41 PM
she's playing which tournament next? Rome? Berlin? Both?

AnneSo006
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:44 PM
she's playing which tournament next? Rome? Berlin? Both?

Both ;)

nouf
Apr 16th, 2007, 10:52 PM
berlin rome but no strasbourg!
after roland garros birmingham wimbledon

Zombielicious
Apr 17th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Allez Tatiana!
get to the 15th ranking!!!

:D :worship:

Harju.
Apr 17th, 2007, 01:18 PM
The positivity in this thread depresses me.

Slutiana
Apr 17th, 2007, 04:39 PM

:rolleyes: lol im joking

but whats so bad about being positive

selyoink
Apr 17th, 2007, 05:07 PM

I couldn't agree more. All the positive thought is almost making me feel bad for being so negative.

FrenchY52
Apr 17th, 2007, 06:29 PM

Beeing positive = Beeing depressed during 2 weeks after Tati's losses

But i think i should stop beeing pessimist. www.deathclock.com makes me die 30 years later if i am positive :)

Slutiana
Apr 17th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Beeing positive = Beeing depressed during 2 weeks after Tati's losses

But i think i should stop beeing pessimist. www.deathclock.com makes me die 30 years later if i am positive :)

looool

Craigy
Apr 17th, 2007, 10:05 PM

Felix, I heard Maria is in a bit of a slump right now :p I'm sure you would fit in well with that group :p

orfeus
Apr 18th, 2007, 12:30 PM

...it's just V-lix, you'll get used to it, believe me!:lol:

Slutiana
Apr 18th, 2007, 04:07 PM
...it's just V-lix, you'll get used to it, believe me!:lol:

lol ok:lol:

FrenchY52
May 12th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Tati 16th on Monday :rocker2:

Iceland
May 12th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Great news and well deserved achievement !! :D Too bad that she is not on court to celebrate that. :sad:
Oh please Tati, come back for Roland-Garros. You have an huge opportunity to go close to the top 10.

selyoink
May 12th, 2007, 02:16 PM
It is good that she is moving up despite not playing.

yukon145
May 12th, 2007, 02:44 PM
vamos! hopefully Tati plays Roland Garros and is healthy, because with Clijsters out and maybe even Hingis, Tati could be a top 16 seed.

Harju.
May 12th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Good for Tati.
Though she could have easily done it for herself if she's not injured. Damn you, ankle!

Slutiana
May 12th, 2007, 03:57 PM
^^lol and now odema on bone!!!!(w.e that is lol)

rockwithme
May 12th, 2007, 04:08 PM
It is good that she is moving up despite not playing.

amen :worship: thank goodness :D

Good for Tati.
Though she could have easily done it for herself if she's not injured. Damn you, ankle!

i reckon..those ankles of hers are very naughty :fiery:

Jul 30th, 2007, 09:52 AM
New career high in doubles: rank 109 :yeah:

selyoink
Jul 30th, 2007, 12:40 PM

It won't be long before we are calling her a doubles specialist. :p

Harju.
Jul 30th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Still at #19 after Stanford.
Even if she sucks this week, she'd remain the same. But I can't wait for USO to be over. :hearts:

Slutiana
Jul 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM

:help:

yukon145
Jul 31st, 2007, 02:01 AM
Even if she sucks this week, she'd remain the same. But I can't wait for USO to be over. :hearts:

why? did you buy tickets for Bali? is Tati coming for sure?

selyoink
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:26 AM

Why? So Tati can be out of the top 20? :lol:

Harju.
Jul 31st, 2007, 01:33 PM
why? did you buy tickets for Bali? is Tati coming for sure?

With Lindsay's coming back to Bali this year, I might go there afterall. I guess I shall wait a few more weeks before buying the tickets.

Harju.
Jul 31st, 2007, 01:33 PM
Why? So Tati can be out of the top 20? :lol:

LOL. You know me too well :hearts:

Aug 13th, 2007, 09:22 AM
another career high in doubles 93 -> 91 ;)

Harju.
Aug 13th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Yay.

yukon145
Sep 4th, 2007, 04:12 AM
according to TBE rankings thread, Tati will be #19 after the US Open with about a 115 point lead over Bammer, but over 200 points away from spots #15-18 all which are very close to one another.

selyoink
Sep 4th, 2007, 04:16 AM
Tati will struggle to finish higher than 20 on the year in my opinion. She has pretty much no chance at finishing higher than 19.

FrenchY52
Sep 4th, 2007, 09:43 AM
:tears:
She only wins 2 or 3 spots in the rankings every year..

I really hope she'll do well in Luxembourg where the top players are often missing..

Harju.
Sep 4th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Suck it up guys.

Tati missed the whole clay court + grass season (except W), that's pretty darn good.

Her big 5 tournaments were :help: though.
AO : 3r, Miami : 3r, RG : NA, W : 2r, USO : 1r.

Look at the bright side, she'd have a whole lot more of points to gain next year but of course expect her to get injured around clay season time.

yukon145
Sep 4th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Suck it up guys.

Tati missed the whole clay court + grass season (except W), that's pretty darn good.

Look at the bright side, she'd have a whole lot more of points to gain next year but of course expect her to get injured around clay season time.

its true that its a good ranking considering she missed the whole european clay court and grass season.

but we do always say that at least next year she will be able to gain a lot of points, and then goes and gets injuried again. :sad: but hell lets hope it actually happens next year.

Sep 4th, 2007, 02:41 PM
its true that its a good ranking considering she missed the whole european clay court and grass season.

but we do always say that at least next year she will be able to gain a lot of points, and then goes and gets injuried again. :sad: but hell lets hope it actually happens next year.

Think positive :)

Slutiana
Sep 4th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I agree with V-Lix. Her year has been far from bad, shes just been injured a lot. Look at it this way; she can gain so many points next year. In the Mandatorys, if she stays injury free, shes a threat on every service, in the AO series where she only won 1 match, not to mention the AO, in the red clay court tournies including RG where a QF is obviously doably of course, grass; she is a very good grass court player but the problem is, the last 2 years, grass has been the surface she comes back on, if shes injury free, she could do well at the warm up tournies and i'd say a QF is possible as long as she doesn't meet a williams or henin. Then, apart from toronto, she had a bad us open series, she can pick up points then. Lets see what she can do in the fall. Hopefully, she can play and win a few tier 3s and maybe 4s next year because she hasnt played lower than a tier 2 this year:)

selyoink
Sep 4th, 2007, 07:05 PM

I don't really care about her ranking so much as I care about her slam results. And as this shows she sucks at the big events. She has only had one good slam result since 2004.

And stop trying to be positive. I'm starting not to like you :fiery:

Zombielicious
Sep 4th, 2007, 11:48 PM
:sad: So does that mean you don't like me Selyoink? ;)

selyoink
Sep 5th, 2007, 02:25 AM
:sad: So does that mean you don't like me Selyoink? ;)

I never liked you. I can't like someone who roots for Blake, Roddick, and Isner. :p

yukon145
Sep 5th, 2007, 03:29 AM
i fucking hate blake and roddick. and all isner has is a serve.

im so glad that blake chocked again and lost to tommy. i would really like to see haas make the final here. and if roger could crush andy like at this years Aussie Open that would be even better.

Zombielicious
Sep 5th, 2007, 11:46 AM
:timebomb:

Harju.
Sep 5th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I don't really care about her ranking so much as I care about her slam results. And as this shows she sucks at the big events. She has only had one good slam result since 2004.

And stop trying to be positive. I'm starting not to like you :fiery:
I didn't mean to sound positive.

Suck it up, guys = Stop dreaming that Tati is going to be top 10 player any time soon. Be happy that she is still in the top 20 after US Open.

And Tutu's delusional optimism hurts my head.

selyoink
Sep 5th, 2007, 07:08 PM

Suck it up, guys = Stop dreaming that Tati is going to be top 10 player any time soon. Be happy that she is still in the top 20 after US Open.

Good that is better. Top 10 will never happen.

Slutiana
Sep 5th, 2007, 08:14 PM

so does your pessimism. :wavey: :p

and anyway, yes im being very optimistic. But i dont see how i would be able to support her if i thought that, at 19 years old, she's peaked.
Good that is better. Top 10 will never happen.

:o this is getting ridiculous.

selyoink
Sep 5th, 2007, 10:39 PM
:o this is getting ridiculous.

Sorry I just don't think she is good enough for anything but brief glimpses in the top 10. I love watching her play obviously but I don't think she can become a great player. She has too many flaws in her game and mentality that she doesn't seem to want to address.

Zombielicious
Sep 5th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Tati can do it. :)

Slutiana
Sep 7th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Sorry I just don't think she is good enough for anything but brief glimpses in the top 10. I love watching her play obviously but I don't think she can become a great player. She has too many flaws in her game and mentality that she doesn't seem to want to address.

Fair enough but i think that maybe she's peaked with the way she's been playing since 04; the counterpunching, waiting for errors but when tati plays aggresively and starts attacking, it's another story. Her problem is that she never gets to practice playing aggresively and she only seems to get that aggresive against the top players e.g sharapova, jankovic. I feel that if she starts to play aggresively every match; on the backhand too, she can do so much more in tennis. Hopefully mats can bring out the aggresive tati. If you dont want to agree that she doesn't have the best forehand then you at least has to say that she has one of the best out of the top 20 players. And as for her backhand; when i was watching her at wimbledon, it was her only weapon, she was attacking it and it was coming up with the goods. It was her forehand that was letting her down and i think she needs to hit through it because although there are major technical hitches, it is a pretty good shot. Trust me, mats wouldn't be working with tati if he thought she wasn't going to get much higher in her career. Oh, and i don't mean to sound annoyingly optimistic but thats just how i feel about her potential whereas some of you guys are the complete opposite and think she's just not very good. And can i just say, technical hitches can be fixed easily. As for mentally, shes shown that she can be strong as many times (well not that much:p) as she has shown weakness. Its not too late, shes 19. Don't give up on her now.

yukon145
Sep 10th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Tatiana only falls one spot in the rankings, from #18 to #19.

very good considering her points from last year.

Harju.
Sep 11th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Marion is #1 French Player. As laughable as it is, she earns her points.
Tati needs to step it up BIG TIME. She's been hovering around #18-#20 for way too long. Is it 3 years?

Slutiana
Sep 11th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Marion is #1 French Player. As laughable as it is, she earns her points.
Tati needs to step it up BIG TIME. She's been hovering around #18-#20 for way too long. Is it 3 years?

You're being generous there. She was merely a top 30 floater up until Last year. :o

Oct 20th, 2007, 03:53 PM
*bump*

Tati will be #15 next week -> new career high :D
If she wins Zurich she'll be #12 :)

FrenchY52
Oct 20th, 2007, 05:25 PM
And even if she loses, she'll finish the year 13th with Momo and Petrova loosing their pts :woohoo:
Anyway Give your best tomorrow, you can do it :yeah:

Slutiana
Oct 20th, 2007, 05:48 PM
And even if she loses, she'll finish the year 13th with Momo and Petrova loosing their pts :woohoo:
Anyway Give your best tomorrow, you can do it :yeah:

she still has at least 2 more tournies to go after Zurich :p

Zombielicious
Oct 20th, 2007, 07:23 PM
:banana:

Slutiana
Oct 20th, 2007, 07:46 PM
I was only kidding about her YEC hopes at the start of Zurich but seriously, Tati has a good chance of getting an ALT spot even if she loses tomorrow but if she wants a legit spot, she'll have to win tomorrow. Hopefully she doesn't know that so theres no pressure on her. Allez Tati!

Harju.
Oct 21st, 2007, 03:13 AM
I hope I don't jinx her with the thread title :scared:

rseto
Oct 21st, 2007, 07:16 AM
during the summer and especially after the US Open, i basically gave tati no chance to improve her end of the year ranking from 06. luv ya for proving me wrong, tati!

now please don't get hurt if you decide to play the next couple of weeks. :unsure:

Slutiana
Oct 21st, 2007, 09:31 AM
I hope I don't jinx her with the thread title :scared:

:scared:CHANGE IT BACK, CHANGE IT BACK, CHANGE IT BACK!!! :scared:

the thread title has been 'voyage to the top 15' for like all year and you change it to 'Stay in top 20' and she wins 700+ points in like 4 tournies. Coincidence? I think not.

FrenchY52
Oct 21st, 2007, 09:58 AM
2008 season-ending is gonne be terrible for Tati's ranking :unsure:
If she wants to reach the top10 next year she'll have to play well from the beginning of the season and never getting injured..

Slutiana
Oct 21st, 2007, 10:05 AM
lol stop worrying. She the whole clay and grass seasons to rack up points ;)

Zombielicious
Oct 21st, 2007, 02:29 PM
during the summer and especially after the US Open, i basically gave tati no chance to improve her end of the year ranking from 06

That's how I felt as well... :tape: :help:

Thank god she is definately proving us wrong!

Fired
Oct 21st, 2007, 10:17 PM
The new rankings are up on the WTA site, why does she have more points in the race than in the singles ranking?? :confused: Shouldn't she have the same amout since she's not defending more pts in the rest of the season?
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/rankings/singles_numeric.asp
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/rankings/race/singles.asp

CMR
Oct 22nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
The new rankings are up on the WTA site, why does she have more points in the race than in the singles ranking?? :confused: Shouldn't she have the same amout since she's not defending more pts in the rest of the season?
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/rankings/singles_numeric.asp
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/rankings/race/singles.asp
Only the best 17 results within the last 52 weeks count for the ranking including the four Grand Slams which were not good this season and I think one Tier 1 result.
All results count for the Race. Tati played more than 17 tournaments this year.

Slutiana
Oct 22nd, 2007, 02:52 PM
she needs a final at the very least to guarentee an ALT spot i think since she'd have to knock her closest rivals - vaidisova and hantuchova out on the way. Allez tati!

yukon145
Oct 22nd, 2007, 03:55 PM
i can't believe Tati is so close to the top ten this season.

Harju.
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Tati might actually reach top 10 this week if she wins Linz, I think.

Slutiana
Oct 22nd, 2007, 05:06 PM
Tati might actually reach top 10 this week if she wins Linz, I think.

Indeed. 9th Actually. Plus probably an ALT place in YEC...(she will have to eliminate hantuchova and vaidisova en route to the title and would end up around 9th on each. PLEASE TATI! DO IT!!

Harju.
Oct 22nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
Indeed. 9th Actually. Plus probably an ALT place in YEC...(she will have to eliminate hantuchova and vaidisova en route to the title and would end up around 9th on each. PLEASE TATI! DO IT!!
Is this 100%?
I think her best 17th result is 35 points. (This is an achievement because she used to have so many 1 point lol) and I like the fact that Tati doesn't have to be a tournament hog to reach the top 10. :)

CMR
Oct 22nd, 2007, 05:45 PM
It's possible but very difficult. Tati has to play as good as the last few weeks.
For the Race Tati is 238 points behind Hantuchova and 181 behind Bartoli. Tati leads Safina by 15 points and Vaidisova by 102 points and Schnyder by 172 points. All these players will play in Linz.
Now Daniela is 9th for the Race. The winner in Linz will get 275 points, the runner-up 190, the semifinalists get 125 points, the quarterfinalists get 70 points, the second round looser get 35 points and the first round looser get only 1 point.

Slutiana
Oct 22nd, 2007, 06:09 PM
Is this 100%?
I think her best 17th result is 35 points. (This is an achievement because she used to have so many 1 point lol) and I like the fact that Tati doesn't have to be a tournament hog to reach the top 10. :)

Race:

Well this is what will happen if tati wins the tournie:
238 pts from Hantuchova. Tati and Dani are due to meet in the quarters. that means Dani would get 70 pts. 308 - 275 for winning = 33. Tati would be 10th in the race, 33 pts behind dani. She'd then need only a QF place in quebec to jump to 1st alt and no.9 in the race.

Rank(updated with pts off):

9. Bartoli - 2096
10. Hantuchova - 2027
14. Golovin - 1882

2096-1882=214. Tati is a mere 214 points from bartoli. With hantuchova and tati scheduled to meet in the QF thats a max 70 pts for dani again = 2097. Tati would be 215 from hantuchova. Many are expecting Bartoli to withdraw so if she does, tati needs to win the tournie to overtake them straight away. Correct me if im wrong but a final is 190 pts which means tati would need a SF at Quebec to go to no.9.(this is with the worst points coming off to;))

Okay, so initially my maths was wrong but hopefully if tati wins Linz, she can retire in the QF of Quebec with a mystery 'injury' and then get better for YEC. Allez Tati!

Imagine that...Tati in the YEC. :drool:

CMR
Oct 22nd, 2007, 06:12 PM
The calculation for the ranking is a little bit more difficult and I'm not sure if my calculation is correct.
At the end of the season Tati will be at least 15th. I think, she passes Petrova and Mauresmo because these 2 players ended her season and will loose points from Linz and the Championship-tournament last year. But Tati can be passed by Schnyder and Safina.
The winner in Linz will get 275 points, the runner-up 190, the semifinalists get 125 points, the quarterfinalists get 70 points, the second round looser get 35 points and the first round looser get only 1 point.
A Top 10 ranking at the end of this week in the WTA ranking is difficult. If Tati gets more than 35 points in Linz she has to drop off her 17th best result which is 35 points now. If Tati looses the quarterfinals she will get 70 points but has to drop off 35 points. If Tati wins Linz she will get the 275 points minus the 35 points. In that case she would have 2122 points next week. If Tati will be the runner-up she will have 2035 points and for a semifinal loss she will have 1972 points. Top Ten is difficult because Bartoli and Hantuchova and Vaidisova play in Linz. And these players have more points now.
Quebec is only a Tier 3 tournament. The winner gets only 140 points, the runner-up gets 100 points, the semifinalists get 65, the quarterfinalists get only 35 points.

Slutiana
Oct 22nd, 2007, 06:19 PM
The calculation for the ranking is a little bit more difficult and I'm not sure if my calculation is correct.
At the end of the season Tati will be at least 15th. I think, she passes Petrova and Mauresmo because these 2 players ended her season and will loose points from Linz and the Championship-tournament last year. But Tati can be passed by Schnyder and Safina.
The winner in Linz will get 275 points, the runner-up 190, the semifinalists get 125 points, the quarterfinalists get 70 points, the second round looser get 35 points and the first round looser get only 1 point.
A Top 10 ranking at the end of this week in the WTA ranking is difficult. If Tati gets more than 35 points in Linz she has to drop off her 17th best result which is 35 points now. If Tati looses the quarterfinals she will get 70 points but has to drop off 35 points. If Tati wins Linz she will get the 275 points minus the 35 points. In that case she would have 2122 points next week. If Tati will be the runner-up she will have 2035 points and for a semifinal loss she will have 1972 points. Top Ten is difficult because Bartoli and Hantuchova and Vaidisova play in Linz. And these players have more points now.
Quebec is only a Tier 3 tournament. The winner gets only 140 points, the runner-up gets 100 points, the semifinalists get 65, the quarterfinalists get only 35 points.

go to the 'rank update thread' in the challenger forum. Hantuchova and Vaidisova have points coming off and Bartoli might not even play. Also, If tati was to win, the deepest hantuchova would get would be QF, and Vaidisova, SF.

Slutiana
Oct 22nd, 2007, 06:30 PM
Is this 100%?

Is this 100%?

Yeah its true. Its funny when you look at bartoli and 31 tournies or JJ with 29. Tati only has 19. She'll have 21 (22 if she gets into YEC) The great thing is that shes set herself up so well for next year. She'll likely get a top 16 spot and has so many places to gain points: Sydney to Miami. Start of Red clay season to Toronto and then the USO. Her mandatorys are a joke so she can get a ton of points at each one. I'd love to see her get a good draw (e.g Kuzzie and Petrova :spit:) and get to her first GS SF (she has the worst mandatory record in the top 20 :lol::o).

Oh and tati will finish the year at least at 14 as long as she wins her 1r match. :woohoo:

CMR
Oct 22nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
go to the 'rank update thread' in the challenger forum. Hantuchova and Vaidisova have points coming off and Bartoli might not even play. Also, If tati was to win, the deepest hantuchova would get would be QF, and Vaidisova, SF.
Yes, I know this thread and thanks for your calculation. On the way to the final she can face Hantuchova and Vaidisova and hopefully Tati defeats both. :)

Yeah its true. Its funny when you look at bartoli and 31 tournies or JJ with 29. Tati only has 19. She'll have 21 (22 if she gets into YEC) The great thing is that shes set herself up so well for next year. She'll likely get a top 16 spot and has so many places to gain points: Sydney to Miami. Start of Red clay season to Toronto and then the USO. Her mandatorys are a joke so she can get a ton of points at each one. I'd love to see her get a good draw (e.g Kuzzie and Petrova :spit:) and get to her first GS SF (she has the worst mandatory record in the top 20 :lol::o).

Oh and tati will finish the year at least at 14 as long as she wins her 1r match. :woohoo:
Yes, you are right. Tati has to defend only 152 points from all four GS's (90 points from AO, 0 from RG, 60 from Wimbledon and 2 from the USO). She got 300 points from Zürich last week and ths was only one tournament and 'only' a Tier 1. I hope Tati will get deep into the Top 10 next year. :bounce:
Tati doesn't have so many problems to defeat Top-players from her native country. I hope she will face these Top-players very often in the next season instead of Henin or Ivanovic. :)

Slutiana
Oct 23rd, 2007, 09:19 AM
damn. Worst case scenario. Bartoli's playing:devil:. Tati will now need to win Linz and a final at Quebec to guarentee the 9th in the race obviously there's other ways. If bartoli lost in the semis, Tati would need to win linz and a QF in quebec or could have a final in Linz and win quebec.

Harju.
Oct 23rd, 2007, 12:34 PM
What's the obsession with YEC?

I really think it's best if she doesn't qualify. I mean in order to do that, she'd have to win both Linz and Quebec (plus Maria has to withdraw) and she won't have anything left on her tank when YEC comes and will get bitchslapped by the top players. She needs to end the season well so that she can carry the momentum to 2008.

Slutiana
Oct 23rd, 2007, 01:16 PM
What's the obsession with YEC?

I really think it's best if she doesn't qualify. I mean in order to do that, she'd have to win both Linz and Quebec (plus Maria has to withdraw) and she won't have anything left on her tank when YEC comes and will get bitchslapped by the top players. She needs to end the season well so that she can carry the momentum to 2008.

I dno, but its consuming me..:o

I just feel like tati's been playing better than every single player in the (apart from justine) YEC recently and she has a big chance if Maria withdraws and she gets number 9.

Anyway i think she can definatly end the year top 10. Lets hope for that.

Zombielicious
Oct 23rd, 2007, 02:57 PM
I dno, but its consuming me..:o

:eek: :tape: :lol:

Slutiana
Oct 23rd, 2007, 04:25 PM
:eek: :tape: :lol:

yukon145
Oct 23rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
yeah i don't think Tati should be playing the YEC either.

Slutiana
Oct 23rd, 2007, 07:08 PM
i doubt she'd play but it will be good to see her there ;)

Slutiana
Oct 27th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Well if patty wins tomorrow she'll end the year at 14th. If Dani wins - 13rd. Career high. :D

Craigy
Oct 27th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Well if patty wins tomorrow she'll end the year at 14th. If Dani wins - 13rd. Career high. :D

13rd? :p

CMR
Oct 27th, 2007, 05:29 PM
That's right what -LetItRain- wrote. Because Tati will pass Petrova and Mauresmo after the YEC. Both players will loose enough points and Tati will pass both. In the best case Tati will end the year 13th otherwise 14th. Next week Tati will stay at the 15th rank or if Schnyder wins Tati will be 16th. Daniela, please win tomorrow.

Slutiana
Oct 27th, 2007, 06:55 PM

:o

yes, 13rd. :fiery::unsure:

yukon145
Oct 27th, 2007, 11:29 PM
i think you mean 13th :) :)

Slutiana
Oct 27th, 2007, 11:34 PM
i think you mean 13th :) :)

yeah, yeah i know :ras:

CMR
Oct 28th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Many thanks to Daniela Hantuchova for beating Patty Schnyder in Linz. So Tati will be 13th at the end of the year.
It was a great year by Tati. I hope she can maintain her performance and will be unhurt the whole next year.

yukon145
Nov 12th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Tati ends the year at a career high of number 13 in the world. :)

Nov 12th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Tati reaches new career high this week: She's

:bounce: #13 :bounce:

FrenchY52
Nov 12th, 2007, 05:34 PM
:woohoo:
After the USO I thought she was gonna end the year like #19. #13 is so great !

Zombielicious
Nov 12th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Allez Tati! Top ten next year baby! :yeah:

Slutiana
Nov 13th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Easy Peasy! :p