PDA

View Full Version : "getting to know you...."

mettabear
May 18th, 2002, 10:12 AM
g'day all,

I see the board is a little slow and now that we're waiting for RG, we will have even more time on our hands...so I wanted to ask a question
(I'm being brave:rolleyes: )

Apart from following our Amelie's career...some of us her every move:hearts:
(I don't need to see a therapist, I am one and I've had a number of sessions with myself and we agree that my obsession is still within acceptable limits:eek: ) .... I was wondering what else is really important to you guys?

For me, the local women's basketball (Canberra Capitals..national champions) and women's soccer (Canberra Eclipse also national champions) see me screaming from the side lines most weekends.

outside sport, I give time to the Council to Free Tibet, the Australian Republican Movement and collect autographs and memorabillia of amazing women of the world.

My daughter thinks I should attend an "Internet Addicts" 12 step program but what would she know..she only talks to real people LOL...

See ya
:wavey:

metta

*Izzy*
May 18th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Ello!:wavey:

Good idea- this board was looking ever so slightly neglected to say the least. (and well done for being brave... I wasn't...)

Anyway, my name's Izzy:wavey: and other than living on this board (which I have been doing WAY too much recently- the "I speak English" thread has me in it's grasp, I tell you):o I'm meant to be revising for my GCSE's which are starting next week. Damn my 3 second concentration span...:rolleyes:

I think I'll sue WTAWorld if I get less than straight A's:p

*ahem* When I'm not in exam hell, I go pole vaulting twice a week, although recently it's been difficult to find the time. I'm not very good though...

I really think I should join that IA programme of yours, Metta! The cold sweats are starting when I'm away from the computer for over 20 mins... :eek:

mettabear
May 18th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Dear Frey...aka Izzy

OMG girl an average of 25.03 posts per day!!!! WOW:eek:

our IA group is now officially in session, but wait if we talk on line isn't it defeating the purpose?:confused: :confused: DOH.....
Your birthday is the same day as my daughter (and you've lived 3 years longer...I love how the net removes age barriers, I wish the whole world could know this freedom)

A pole vaulter...our Tatiana not bad is she..I was lucky enough to see her win silver at the Sydney games in 2000:bounce: ...what's your best height?

Have we talked on Gerd's board before?

now I must stop distracting you from study...I said study Izzy, not play:wavey:

take care
metta

*Izzy*
May 18th, 2002, 06:14 PM
I admit it...I'm a sad addict...*breaking down into tears*:o :sad:

Yeah, Tatiana's great, but I'm a Stacy Dragila fan myself;) Did you actually go to the Olympics? Lucky you if you did- it must have been a great experience. My P.B is 2.10m, not great, when you consider the world record is 4.81m (set by Stacy, of course)

I don't post on Gerd's, I think addiction to one board is quite enough...:o so I wouldn't have spoken to you there. Yay! Someone else who shares my birthday:) Apparently your daughter and I also share our b/day with Cristina Torrens Valero as well *gasp* will the list never end? Hmm, I bet her birthday was depressing to say the least...mine was. (12th Sept for all those who can't be arsed to wait for my profile to load):sad:

Study? What's that when it's at home? Oh yes, that thing which stops me from working in a garden centre for the rest of my life.:o

Anyway, I enjoyed my latest IA session, and GO CANBERRA CAPITALS!!!:bounce:

Thankyou.:wavey: *prising herself away from the computer*