PDA

View Full Version : I Am What I Am

Veeko
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:09 AM
March, 28

Nicole entered the Amelia Island tournament next week, hopefully she will be healthy again.
She will also do a promotional tour in the last week of April. :)

To complement her starring role in Reebok's famed "I Am What I Am" global advertising campaign, Czech teenager Nicole Vaidisova will be embarking on her first promotional tour of Latin America during the last week of April, with stops in México and Argentina.

Vaidisova, currently the youngest player in the Top 100 Singles Rankings on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour, will travel to Latin America with Reebok for the first time between April 26th and 29th, stopping in México City on the first two days and in Buenos Aires during the second two days. The Reebok-sponsored tour will include tennis clinics, in-store autograph sessions, photo shoots with top fashion and sports publications, and press conferences to unveil Reebok's new Latin American advertising campaign featuring the 16-year-old.

Vaidisova is quickly becoming one of the most successful teen-aged stars in Tour history, already capturing five singles titles and currently ranking No.13 in the world, a career-high she reached for the first time in February. Perhaps her most impressive accomplishment so far was an incredible 18-match win streak during the second half of 2005, capturing titles in consecutive weeks at Seoul, Tokyo [Japan Open] and Bangkok, then reaching her first Tier II semifinal at Philadelphia in her fourth straight week of tennis. Her first title at Vancouver in 2004 etched her into the history books as the sixth-youngest player ever to win a Tour singles title.

Prior to the aforementioned promotional tour, Vaidisova has been starring in the "I Am What I Am" campaign since 2005. The campaign celebrates contemporary heroes of today's global youth, including music icons, athletes and entertainers. Participants include Amelie Mauresmo, Allen Iverson, Yao Ming, Nelly, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Lucy Liu, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Christina Ricci and many more. :bounce:

After pulling out of this fortnight's NASDAQ-100 Open due to a right shoulder injury, Vaidisova will next contest the Tier II Bausch & Lomb Championships in Amelia Island, Florida the week of April 3rd and the Tier I Family Circle Cup in Charleston, South Carolina the week of April 10th, before embarking on her Latin American tour with Reebok. :D