PDA

View Full Version : What was the first Nastya match you ever watched?

selyoink
Mar 28th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Nastya's impending match with Sharapova has made me realize that I first discovered Nastya and Sharapova for that matter when they squared off at the 2004 Aussie Open. Prior to that point I only knew who the Belgians and top American players were. For some reason ESPN was televising that match. I don't remember much about the match except that Nastya pulled away in the third set. Since I didn't know who either player was I was actually cheering for Sharapova. :tape:

Since then I have of course become a die hard fan.

So what was the first Nastya match everyone else saw?

Almalyk
Mar 28th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Nastya's impending match with Sharapova has made me realize that I first discovered Nastya and Sharapova for that matter when they squared off at the 2004 Aussie Open. Prior to that point I only knew who the Belgians and top American players were. For some reason ESPN was televising that match. I don't remember much about the match except that Nastya pulled away in the third set. Since I didn't know who either player was I was actually cheering for Sharapova. :tape:

Since then I have of course become a die hard fan.

So what was the first Nastya match everyone else saw?

I bet you won't be cheering for sharapova anymore. I hope!
First match I ever saw with Nastya was US Open 2002 vs Daja Bedanova... It was her third 3-setter in a row, and she lost in the third round.

selyoink
Mar 28th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Nope I won't be cheering Sharapova anymore. Not against Nastya anyway.

iine:
Mar 28th, 2006, 04:35 AM
The first time a saw Myskina was in Filderstadt 2004. At that time I didn't know much about tennis. Nothing actually.:lol:
I was quite stunned by her looks. She was wearing this red dress and a handband. I thought she didn't look like a tennis player at all; she looked very elegant, different from the other players I had seen play at that time.:p
Furthermore, the commentators were all hyped and saying: "This ladys and gentleman is the French Open Champion. The first russian grand slam winner..." and some other things I can't remember right now. Anyway, I got carried away by this and I was amazed by the way she was playing. I was slightly shocked when she lost the first set, but she came back storming and won the match. I soon discovered that this was a habit and she normally comes back from a set down. :D It was really great to see her play. I was absolutely stunned by her.
And since then, I've been a Myskina fan.:)

frenchie
Mar 28th, 2006, 07:39 AM
For me it was the 1st round of the US open 2001
She lost in 3 sets against.......Mauresmo

I didn't really noticed her but I begun to like her after I saw her Moscow semi against Dementieva the same year! 5 years already

cindy
Mar 28th, 2006, 08:19 AM
for me it was RG 2004 when she defeat venus I remenber running in all the house screaming that venus was out and saying "who is that lil' girl? myskina! oh! I like her so much" some days later she defeated my super jenny and I was screaming in all the house "what!!!!???? I can't beleive that!!! but look at her!!! she looks like nothing compares to jenny!!!" and then I said "the worse is that she will win RG now! because elena will never control her nerves in the final! and you know what mama?! she better win now that she defeated my jenny!"
then I saw her on the podium and became a fan because I found her so funny and cute and sweet

ctan88
Mar 30th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I first watched Myskina when she played Clijsters in her first quarterfinal at a grandslam at the Australian Open 2003 - she lost that match and didnt play that well, but there were glimpses of brilliance which made me start to follow her

purplerain
Mar 30th, 2006, 02:24 AM
for me it is Olympics 2004, the semi-final :sad: :sad: But I was indifferent to Nastya at that time so I was so happy to see Justine come back and win. Then I saw Nastya play at YEC2004 and began to like her more and more :worship: her comments on Yuri also help me to love her :devil:

Filippo-Nastya
Apr 17th, 2006, 02:02 PM
It was September 2003, I was watching the US Open and I was yawning on the sofa because it was night (something like 2 or 3 am in Italy). At a certain point the commentator said: "Now, we'll show you the match Myskina-Pierce". I had already seen a lot of times Mary but I was curious to see Myskina because I had read her name a lot of times in the newspapers or on the teletext when I read the results but I had never seen her on TV.
Well...it was love at first sight. I was impressed by her thin body (considering I was used in that period to watch Lindsay, Jennifer, Venus, Serena, Kim etc.) and by her fighting spirit on the court. I thought: "Oh my God, this girl is very hungry, it's very difficult to beat her". I remember that she was very nervous every time that she lost a point but, not knowing Jens, I didn't know that she was yelling against him. :lol:
She won that match and since then I started to follow her in every match and I became her fan. :)

T Boz
Apr 20th, 2006, 02:44 PM
My first match was RG 2004 semis !!!!
I already have supported her for 2 years !! and to see her game , her jumps !!
I took this way and jumped into the Nastya rollercoaster !!
:kiss: Best wishes !! Nastya !!

P.L.B.
Apr 27th, 2006, 05:39 PM
My first time to see her live was 2003 at Eastbourne.

miffedmax
Apr 27th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I think it was that match where she yelled at Jens.

Yeah, that was it.

Il Primo!
Apr 28th, 2006, 10:38 PM
The first I saw her play was at Eastbourne in 2002 when she reached the final and lost against Chanda Rubin..But I started to cheer for her at Filderstadt in 2003. I was so happy she beat JHH! :devil: Then at moscow,when she blew away all her oponents,it was tremendous. The best tourney she ever played in her whole life I think. SENSATIONAL.Since I became a REAL fan. Even if at the beginning I was disapointed she beat Venus at RG in 2004,I finally don't regret it at all!And I rely on her to do some great things again!GO NASTYA! :bounce: :bounce:

selyoink
Apr 29th, 2006, 02:10 AM
I think it was that match where she yelled at Jens.

Yeah, that was it.

I remember that one as well. Quite the spectacle it was.