PDA

View Full Version : The General off topic thread that every uber cool forum needs!

Pages : [1] 2

Princess Sarah.
Mar 26th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Hey people
Post WHATEVER!

Princess Sarah.
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Ok since no one is here i'm going to blab on about how i should be doing my arabic homework but really can't be bothered because it's hard and when things are hard and i'm like meh why bother.

anyway that made no sense

Meeek
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Ok since no one is here i'm going to blab on about how i should be doing my arabic homework but really can't be bothered because it's hard and when things are hard and i'm like meh why bother.

anyway that made no sense

:lol:

I'll be going through the same today with my study... I should be working hard, but yet I'll be procrastinating once more ;)

Princess Sarah.
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:17 AM
lol isn't it always the case
i find that i do more uni work at my work then i do at home or at uni
man that sucks

Meeek
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah, same here ;) Anywhere but at home, I'll be doing much more :cuckoo:

So what are you studying?

Princess Sarah.
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Arts- Arabic, Russian history, film and history and Spanish

second year languages are a killer and i hate my degree i'm trying to do well so i can get into law after because this degree is taking me no where!

are u really going to study lol?

Meeek
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Wow...sounds great! Pity they don't offer study's like that here in Holland... But I can imagine it's difficult.

Erm...maybe later...in a while ;) It's only 11.24 here now. Actually, 10.24 because clock has moved up one hour. I'm very good at procrastinating :angel:

Princess Sarah.
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:26 AM
oh crap that reminds me day light savings starts soon
and yeah so am i
i really should do my homework
meh i'll make something up on the train
i did nothing this weekend....actually i wrote out notes for spanish at work
thats pretty damn cool oh yeah and i did my readings but i understood nothing

i guess it is pretty interesting... and yes it is very very difficult lol
when does uni finish for u?

Meeek
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Awww...good luck with it!

It finishes in summer of '07 for me. If all goes well, that is ;)

Princess Sarah.
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:36 AM
ahahah same for me basically just in my summer lol

Meeek
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:45 AM
:yeah:
Summers bring all the good stuff ;)

Princess Sarah.
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:46 AM
i don't like summer it's waay too hot for my liking
maybe in the netherlands (most probably) it's a lot cooler

Princess Sarah.
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Hey Meeek
i must be off it's been nice chatting to you
i should actually do my homework
(i know how boring of me!)
Adios! hopefully we can talk again sometime:) :bye:

Meeek
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Well it's getting hotter each year here... And as I'm not really used to it, I pretty much perish ;) Last years it has reached 34C. That's pretty hot for this place.
But I wouldn't last a day in Australia.

Meeek
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Hey Meeek
i must be off it's been nice chatting to you
i should actually do my homework
(i know how boring of me!)
Adios! hopefully we can talk again sometime:) :bye:

It's been nice :)
Good luck with it!! See ya around :)
:wavey:

Shoulderpova
Mar 26th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Hi Sarah and Meek :wavey: :kiss:
love the thread's title btw :smoke:

Meeek
Mar 26th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Heya Ruslan :) ;) :wavey:

Princess Sarah.
Mar 27th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Thanx Ruslan! And Hola! or Privet since Dinara is Russian and all :p

Anyway hows everyone's day been?
The good thing about my dad is that uni is over! woohoo

Meeek
Mar 28th, 2006, 12:18 PM
:wavey: Sarah

Still surviving Uni??

I had a most memorable day today. Last week, my phone fell into a crack in a classroom. And there was no way to get it out. Even technical staff weren't able to get it out.
Today, I did one last desperate attempt and :banana: I succeeded!! With pincers and a lot of acrobatic work, I got it out at the last attempt :)

So beware of your phones when there are cracks somewhere close :p

Princess Sarah.
Mar 30th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Ah congrats

meh i hate uni
i have so many things due my head is really starting to spin it's so scary
and here i am doing basically nothing!
Hows it going for u besides the retrieval of your phone?

maryc
Mar 30th, 2006, 03:55 PM
I don't know what the academic schedule is in Australia,
but we have about 5 weeks left in the semester here in the
U.S. This is the hardest time.

I just have to try to get through each day; if I think of
the rest of the semester, and all the work that needs to be
done, I just get overwhelmed. OK, I can't even stand to write
about it! Time to get some tea and get to work!

Mary

Princess Sarah.
Mar 31st, 2006, 05:13 AM
well we only started 4 weeks ago ...going into week five then we have easter break then another 8 weeks then exams then a 3 week holiday ugh

then i have to start semester 2
ugh i wish i was going on exchange!

Good luck mary with ur last 5 weeks and savour your summer break!

Meeek
Apr 1st, 2006, 02:21 PM
Argh... good luck to both of you!!!

Doesn't time fly? It's almost Sunday again... therefor, almost Monday. Sigh...
Good thing about that is, Amelia Island about to start ;)

Princess Sarah.
Apr 2nd, 2006, 05:23 AM
ugh daylight savings
i saw v for vendetta last night
really good movie!

maryc
Apr 2nd, 2006, 03:40 PM
Thank goodness for atomic clocks; I would have forgotten
about the time change otherwise (and missed an hour of
the Federer/Lubicic match.)

Mary

Meeek
Apr 2nd, 2006, 04:07 PM
Don't know that movie Sarah... :o

Who you rooting for Mary??
I'd like Ljubi to win. He was so close last year in Rotterdam, to beating JesusFed.
No coverage here though.

UDACHi
Apr 2nd, 2006, 05:26 PM
I don't understand the point of changing the clocks. :shrug:

Meeek
Apr 2nd, 2006, 05:43 PM
Daylight saving! I do like the fact that it doesn't get dark so quickly anymore at night. But boy, it's good that I never travel outside my timezone, as the trouble I have from this one hour is pathetic :lol: ;)

Princess Sarah.
Apr 3rd, 2006, 11:53 PM
It's really dark by six here it's scary in the middle of winter when it's dark at like 4

myxomatosis
Apr 4th, 2006, 05:39 AM
I hate when it gets dark by 4-4:30, it makes it feel so late in the day. When it's 6pm it feels like it's 9 pm. Summer is just so much cooler than winter overall though, and not just because it stays light waaay later. Canadian winters are the devil.

Princess Sarah.
Apr 4th, 2006, 06:31 AM
meh aussie winters are nothing compared to ur winters

mandy7
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:28 AM
aussie winter is mild spring :D

Princess Sarah.
Apr 4th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Mandy where have u been i would have expected u to dominate in here!
and yes our winter is piss weak but i still think it's really cold brrr

mandy7
Apr 4th, 2006, 10:12 AM
haha, i could see my own breathe this morning when i walked form the subway to work
don't tell me about cold, lol

Princess Sarah.
Apr 4th, 2006, 11:21 AM
lol i love that but i like to be wearing layers and layers of clothing when i experience that feeling that reminds me i need a beenie

maryc
Apr 4th, 2006, 04:26 PM
The farthest north I've lived was Michigan (U.S.) I moved there in the
summer, and I was so freaked out that it was light until 10pm.

Then, in the winter, it wasn't the cold that got me, but the fact
that we had about 45 days in a row without seeing the sun
(because of cloud cover.) I got so depressed. Cold, I don't mind
so much (but that's easy for me to say now that I live in
California.)

Meeek--I rooted for Ljubicic (sad of me to have dropped
that "j" before--I'll blame it on daylight savings time)
but it was not to be. Federer always seems to have
one more gear.

Mary

myxomatosis
Apr 4th, 2006, 07:16 PM
It's snowing like crazy here right now, and only 2 days ago people were walking around in shorts and t-shirts. April is such a weird month.
Mandy are you actually from Russia?

Princess Sarah.
Apr 5th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Lol no Mandy's a proud Dutchie!

mandy7
Apr 5th, 2006, 11:10 AM
the proudest :p

Meeek
Apr 5th, 2006, 11:29 AM
You got competition ;) :p

mandy7
Apr 5th, 2006, 11:38 AM
haha, trust me, i don't :lol:
you should see me during world cup, euro cups, olympics, etc. etc. etc.
i go all out :D

Princess Sarah.
Apr 5th, 2006, 11:39 AM
FIght fight fight
!!!!

Princess Sarah.
Apr 5th, 2006, 11:40 AM
haha, trust me, i don't :lol:
you should see me during world cup, euro cups, olympics, etc. etc. etc.
i go all out :D
yeah she'll even do people for her country as long as they have a dutch flag wrapped around their heads :p

Meeek
Apr 5th, 2006, 12:10 PM
That doesn't prove a thing :p ;)

myxomatosis
Apr 5th, 2006, 06:03 PM
This conversation seems to be getting a bit risque :hehehe:

You Dutch have the best speed skating fans. Of course, we have the best speed skater right now. :p

I'm hoping to do my masters degree in the Netherlands, at the University of Leiden. I'm thinking I might want to learn some Dutch first.

Princess Sarah.
Apr 27th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Bump!

myxomatosis
Apr 27th, 2006, 04:42 PM
What's up Sarah?

Meeek
Apr 27th, 2006, 09:21 PM
This conversation seems to be getting a bit risque :hehehe:

You Dutch have the best speed skating fans. Of course, we have the best speed skater right now. :p

I'm hoping to do my masters degree in the Netherlands, at the University of Leiden. I'm thinking I might want to learn some Dutch first.

You do have one of the best speedskaters now! :worship:

Leiden! Wow. That is student city alright ;) If you need help in dutch... ;)

myxomatosis
Apr 28th, 2006, 04:36 AM
I'm going to take introductory Dutch at school in the fall. I'm hoping my prior German experience will be helpful for learning the language?
So Leiden is a party city eh? Well now I will have to go there for sure. :angel:
I've walked through the Red Light district in Amsterdam before. It wasn't so bad. :lol: It's a beautiful city. So many bicycles! And the canals are gorgeous.

Princess Sarah.
Apr 28th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Heya all
i have an essay due on monday worth 50%
i am screwed

myxomatosis
Apr 28th, 2006, 02:48 PM
You'll get it done. You still have all weekend for it right?
Unless it's like 50 pages. Then you may be screwed.

Meeek
Apr 28th, 2006, 08:11 PM
I'm going to take introductory Dutch at school in the fall. I'm hoping my prior German experience will be helpful for learning the language?

To me, German is pretty similar to Dutch. Even though I hate German ;) But I can imagine it being useful for learning Dutch.

So Leiden is a party city eh? Well now I will have to go there for sure. :angel:
I've walked through the Red Light district in Amsterdam before. It wasn't so bad. :lol: It's a beautiful city. So many bicycles! And the canals are gorgeous.

If you think Amsterdam is pretty...you'll be amazed when you see other cities ;)

myxomatosis
Apr 29th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing more of your country. All you ever hear about over here is Amsterdam.
But why the German hate? Is there some sort of language rivalry going on here? :lol:
They're both Germanic, you're supposed to get along!

Meeek
Apr 30th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing more of your country. All you ever hear about over here is Amsterdam.
But why the German hate? Is there some sort of language rivalry going on here? :lol:
They're both Germanic, you're supposed to get along!

Holland is Amsterdam, isn't it? ;)
Some people are actually surprised when I tell them I do not live there ;)

Language rivalry? Nah. ;) German class was always pure horror. Freaky teacher. Grammar is :drink:. And basicly, I don't like the sound of the language. Hope I'm not offending any Germans here... :unsure:

myxomatosis
Apr 30th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Oh I had the same experience having to take French all through school. The whole French as a second language system here is pure crap. We just learned the same grammar points over and over, year after year. It was really frustrating and we learned next to nothing. It really turned me off the French language, unfortunately (thus as a sucker for punishment I turned to Russian and German instead).

By the way, your Dinara blog is really terrific. Thanks a bunch for all the work you put into it. :yeah:

Princess Sarah.
May 3rd, 2006, 12:26 PM
OMG i finished my essay got 55% in spanish which is really shit and i think i just failed my arabic oral today coz my teacher was slack as!

I hope everyone elses week hasn't been as bad as mine

myxomatosis
May 4th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Dinara's forum needs a cooler name.

Princess Sarah.
May 6th, 2006, 10:55 AM
i was thinking about that we should start a name suggestion thread then have a voting thread

i'm all for being democratic unless someone wants me to play the autocrat :devil:

myxomatosis
May 6th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Well let's try the democratic route first...we can always revert to cruel autocracy later. :fiery:
You want to do that thread-starting honours Sarah?

Meeek
May 8th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Oh I had the same experience having to take French all through school. The whole French as a second language system here is pure crap. We just learned the same grammar points over and over, year after year. It was really frustrating and we learned next to nothing. It really turned me off the French language, unfortunately (thus as a sucker for punishment I turned to Russian and German instead).

:lol:
I've followed Spanish class in the far past ;) I was able to drop French and jumped on Spanish. Pure heaven after having struggled with French for 2 years.

By the way, your Dinara blog is really terrific. Thanks a bunch for all the work you put into it. :yeah:

No problem, it's not that much work and it's fun to do. :) I'm keeping it up to date so they won't be able to take this forum away again ;) :p

Princess Sarah.
May 9th, 2006, 02:51 AM
No problemo i'll do it now :)

myxomatosis
May 17th, 2006, 07:47 PM
So how is everybody's summer going? Unless you're an Aussie. Then I guess it's winter. Crazy Aussies.

Princess Sarah.
May 17th, 2006, 09:37 PM
i feel sick i have a presentation due in like 6 hours
i will probably vomit in class

myxomatosis
May 18th, 2006, 02:53 AM
i feel sick i have a presentation due in like 6 hours
i will probably vomit in classNever a good thing.

Princess Sarah.
May 19th, 2006, 07:10 AM
I didn't vomit! Yay! and i got it over and done with yay!

myxomatosis
May 20th, 2006, 03:27 PM
YES to no vomit!
How does the university system in Australia work Sarah? When do you get your breaks? We get about 4 months from May-August and then 2-3 weeks for Christmas and a week in February.

Princess Sarah.
May 21st, 2006, 03:25 AM
we get 3 weeks june- july then about 4 months from the end of november to march (coz our seasons are opposite)

myxomatosis
Jun 1st, 2006, 05:38 PM
There's no tennis on right now and I'm bored.
I think I'd like to have some sort of an accent. Australian or Cockney. Canadian accents are too boring.
I know a guy from Liverpool and his accent's sweet.

Princess Sarah.
Jun 2nd, 2006, 11:52 AM
ugh i hate my accent
i sound so....so.....i can't explain it

myxomatosis
Jun 3rd, 2006, 01:30 AM
Wanna trade accents Sarah?
There is nothing interesting about a "standard" Canadian/American accent. It's just flat. I want to be Aussie cool!

Princess Sarah.
Jun 3rd, 2006, 09:00 AM
i guess its where u are
come to australia and u'd be considered cool
i can do an american accent/ Canidan for me is harder to pin down

myxomatosis
Jun 5th, 2006, 12:15 AM
A lot of Canadians sound like Americans, with the notable exception of people from the East Coast (especially Newfoundland). A lot of more working-class Canadians do have something of a distinct accent though.

Princess Sarah.
Jun 5th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Well i got into trouble with these Canadians because i said i liked their american accents :eek:

myxomatosis
Jun 5th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Well yeah, I would term it as a generic North American accent ;)
I got a little defensive the other day because someone said Canadians and Americans were the same thing. Grrrrr.

Princess Sarah.
Jun 5th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Yeah well thats understandable, Like someone thought i was English and i was like the...? and my friend got mistaken for an american in the states and again she was like what the...?

myxomatosis
Jun 7th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Your Aussie friend got mistaken for an American? :retard:

At my school someone thought I was a Danish exchange student for awhile.
I'm not entirely certain why. :lol:

Princess Sarah.
Jun 7th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Lol woohoo got a distinction in my Russian History essay! Failed Spanish and entertained in Arabic! ahahahaha

Princess Sarah.
Jun 20th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Film and history blows...i'd like to add i don't care about surrealism..it made no sense and wasn't meant to..it was meant to reflect the attitude prevailant between the wars and was the only movement to span the distance between them (for someone who doesn't care about it i sure know a bit...)

I can't study and if they don't ask about the perils of modernity i am fucked and will have to revert to bullshitting at length about how a film that doesn't even depict or mention war relates to the issue of war!

myxomatosis
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I just dropped my summer school class because I was failing it.
And it was only PSYCH 101!

I would never take film and history. It seems like one of those classes that you think would be easy, but then you realise that it's really not and you're screwed.

Princess Sarah.
Jun 21st, 2006, 06:29 AM
yep thats exactly the case..although the exam wasn't too bad i managed to write 16 pages, about what...i'm not to sure....

Yeah psych 101 does screw over a lot of people...i'm glad i didn't do it, i did sociology instead which is wannabe psychology...i really couldn't care less about society's problems (i know it sounds so bad) i have enough of my own!

myxomatosis
Jun 21st, 2006, 09:05 PM
Psychology people are just wannabe scientists, with all their biology brain neurons blah blah crap. I hate science and I hate math. I got a 50% in grade 10 math (I really failed but my teacher was nice enough to pass me) and I haven't done math or science since.
Sarah you speak Arabic at home right?

Princess Sarah.
Jun 21st, 2006, 11:58 PM
Psychology people are just wannabe scientists, with all their biology brain neurons blah blah crap. I hate science and I hate math. I got a 50% in grade 10 math (I really failed but my teacher was nice enough to pass me) and I haven't done math or science since.
Sarah you speak Arabic at home right?
oh i always use to fail yr 10 maths espcially non calculator maths, like what the!
i still did it, i think it lowered my overall mark in the end.

Yeah psych people are strange, i know this girl who is doing pure psych and in my opinion she needs a psychologist her self!

Yeah i speak arabic at home.. not very well, if i don't know a word i just replace it with an english word, if you ever heard me it would be like blah blah blah blah shopping blah blah blah bus blah blah blah internet, etc etc :p, plus i speak dialect so when it comes to understanding proper arabic i struggle but i'm getting better! :D

myxomatosis
Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:25 PM
Yeah i speak arabic at home.. not very well, if i don't know a word i just replace it with an english word, if you ever heard me it would be like blah blah blah blah shopping blah blah blah bus blah blah blah internet, etc etc :p, plus i speak dialect so when it comes to understanding proper arabic i struggle but i'm getting better! :D I think I remember you saying you weren't doing that great in your Arabic class and I was a bit confused. That explains it though :p
I know a bunch of Russian speakers who are like you - they'll be all, blah blah blah course load, blah blah download blah.
I'm like that when I speak Russian too.

Are you a Hewitt fan Sarah?

Princess Sarah.
Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:33 PM
I think I remember you saying you weren't doing that great in your Arabic class and I was a bit confused. That explains it though :p
I know a bunch of Russian speakers who are like you - they'll be all, blah blah blah course load, blah blah download blah.
I'm like that when I speak Russian too.

Are you a Hewitt fan Sarah?

I also do it with my Spanish :o, i guess i'll have to live there to be perfect!

I once liked him (maybe it was during Davis cup) but now the way that he and hios talentless soap star wife are shamelessly brandishing their poor child around to anyone who will pay a dollar, like a monkey at the zoo is discusting!

so i guess no not particularly. I got his autograph though, and hers lol! I might try and sell them on ebay.

Why do u ask??? Do i strike you as the patriotic type? Because i'm not really, i have a bit of an identity crisis especially in Australia you always have to be something else you cannot be Australian ugh, yet when i go to Lebanon i'm Australian, its pretty confusing...sorry for my blabbing!

why do you ask, do you like him?

Princess Sarah.
Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:34 PM
and oh yeah i am doing pretty well in Arabic :p i was just having one of those days when i feel like i've screwed everything but i've actually done ok (or in some cases really well).

and Re: being patriotic, i am going crazy supporting Australia in the world cup lol! But if we loose....who knows

myxomatosis
Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:41 PM
Why do u ask??? Do i strike you as the patriotic type? Because i'm not really, i have a bit of an identity crisis especially in Australia you always have to be something else you cannot be Australian ugh, yet when i go to Lebanon i'm Australian, its pretty confusing...sorry for my blabbing!
It's the exact same here in Canada. Most people don't consider themselves Canadian, even if they were born here. When I tell people I have British citizenship but was born in Canada, they always consider me to be a Brit. But whenever I go to England to visit family, I just feel like a tourist. I tell people I'm a Canadian and that is that.
My boyfriend was born in Canada, has no interest in going to Nigeria (his family is going this summer but he's staying home), but considers himself a Nigerian over a Canadian.
I just don't get it. :rolleyes:

I was asking about Hewitt because I was just wondering how popular he is in Australia. It seems like he used to be really popular, but I'm not so sure anymore?

myxomatosis
Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:42 PM
and oh yeah i am doing pretty well in Arabic :p i was just having one of those days when i feel like i've screwed everything but i've actually done ok (or in some cases really well).
Oh I definitely have those days as well. :lol:

Princess Sarah.
Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:50 PM
It's the exact same here in Canada. Most people don't consider themselves Canadian, even if they were born here. When I tell people I have British citizenship but was born in Canada, they always consider me to be a Brit. But whenever I go to England to visit family, I just feel like a tourist. I tell people I'm a Canadian and that is that.
My boyfriend was born in Canada, has no interest in going to Nigeria (his family is going this summer but he's staying home), but considers himself a Nigerian over a Canadian.
I just don't get it. :rolleyes:

I was asking about Hewitt because I was just wondering how popular he is in Australia. It seems like he used to be really popular, but I'm not so sure anymore?
Yeah i think if i went to Canada it would be the same as living here. Coz yeah it's basically the same here. I know i don't get it either, i was born here and i feel like i don't even belong!

Yeah he is only popular when he wins something. Even then most people can stand him. But i'm sure he has a few supporters. I personally can't stand him!

Princess Sarah.
Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:53 PM
Oh I definitely have those days as well. :lol:
:lol: i know its just i'm genetically inclined to stress over the most trivial things, it's really annoying!

anyways i'm off to bed, early morning tomorrow!

Las vidanya (i think thats good bye in Russian lol probably wrong)
Guten Nacht, Tsbah al khayr y Buenas Noches

(think you get the message lol )

Night gotta wake up at 5 am to watch the socceroos play!

Have a great day Laura!

myxomatosis
Jun 22nd, 2006, 09:18 PM
anyways i'm off to bed, early morning tomorrow!

Las vidanya (i think thats good bye in Russian lol probably wrong)
Guten Nacht, Tsbah al khayr y Buenas Noches

lol You were close. It's Das Vidanya.
And Gute Nacht ;)
One of the others was Spanish and I think Arabic?
Where's the Welsh and Latvian?

Australia is through to the second round! :bounce:

Princess Sarah.
Jun 23rd, 2006, 06:16 AM
yay...welsh and latvian???? Hmmm, i could make something up!

I know :bounce: how exciting, i fell out of the chair when we scored the 2nd time around! :lol:

ugh i feel like i'm carrying quadruplets, i've eaten so much!

myxomatosis
Jun 23rd, 2006, 12:08 PM
Who is that on your avatar Sarah?
He looks like a cross between David Boreanez (from Buffy and Angel) and Orlando Bloom.
Either way, he's hot.

Princess Sarah.
Jun 24th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Iker Casillas aka my future husband and the Spanish goal keeper! :drool: He is sooo hot!:hearts:

myxomatosis
Jun 25th, 2006, 07:50 PM
I thought the Polish goal keeper guy was the hottest?

Fickle!

Princess Sarah.
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:15 AM
i vhaven't even seen him!

Australia was knocked out in a really dodgy way :bigcry:

arabic exam tomorrow may have to make shit up (then again whats new!)

myxomatosis
Jun 29th, 2006, 05:12 AM
Hope the exam went well!

Now with Australia out you are free to cheer for England. So really it is a blessing in disguise.

Princess Sarah.
Jun 29th, 2006, 11:09 AM
yeah they gave us last years exam :D

oh i'm going for Argentina, coz i told Andy i would!

myxomatosis
Jul 1st, 2006, 09:01 PM
I can't believe Brazil is out!

I wanted to kill my bloody internet connection, it was down all day. I couldn't even check for the tennis scores. :fiery:
What did people do before the internet? It drives me crazy not having it for one day :lol:

Princess Sarah.
Jul 2nd, 2006, 01:40 AM
lol thats what happened to me this morning it is only now working!
bloody wireless!

i had pancakes yummy!

i watched Rafa last night it was the first time in ages i could watch the tennis then after the 1st set they went to lleytons match so i went to sleep!

myxomatosis
Jul 2nd, 2006, 02:56 AM
Sarah your avatar is :hearts:

I was supposed to see fireworks tonight because it's Canada Day. But it was raining so I watched a crappy movie instead.

I heart pancakes. They're probably my second favourite food. Bagels are number one in my heart.

Princess Sarah.
Jul 2nd, 2006, 03:02 AM
omg i only discovered bagels last year
but they r great plain with cream cheese :hearts:

sucks about the fireworks

i bought my sister all 10 seasons of friends so we have been watching that

myxomatosis
Jul 2nd, 2006, 03:46 AM
All 10 seasons?
Sarah I didn't realise you were so wealthy! :hearts: :p

Princess Sarah.
Jul 2nd, 2006, 06:36 AM
All 10 seasons?
Sarah I didn't realise you were so wealthy! :hearts: :p
haha i wish i was wealthy its my life time ambition, but when ur doing an arts degree ur only option is to work at macdonalds:p

nah i got paid that day and my sister always buys me nice stuff and plus i can watch them too lol! I managed to get the last one in Sydney! Yay!

myxomatosis
Jul 4th, 2006, 06:11 PM
What the deuce Sarah??
You now have way more vCash than me! :lol:

Princess Sarah.
Jul 5th, 2006, 08:23 AM
muahahahahah not anymore :p
when i earn sum i'll get u to an even thousand ;)

myxomatosis
Jul 6th, 2006, 12:31 AM
lol that's alright. My blog posting ways earn me enough vCash to get by ;)
Where did all your money go? Drugs and cheap hookers again?

Princess Sarah.
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:31 AM
lol that's alright. My blog posting ways earn me enough vCash to get by ;)
Where did all your money go? Drugs and cheap hookers again?
got u too ur thou and how did u know?
ugh work tomorrow
got a credit in spanish (:woohoo: )

myxomatosis
Jul 8th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Thanks Sarah!
But really, how did you lose all that money??

Also, where do you work?

Princess Sarah.
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Thanks Sarah!
But really, how did you lose all that money??

Also, where do you work?
No Probs :D

it's in the bank :p

I work in a big department store and i work on the switchboard, but today i was on my feet in mens business shirts and all of these people were asking me questions i had no idea, but it's great exercise just readjusting ties and business shirst then going away fro ten seconds coming back and doing the same thing all over again :p fun fun!! :rolleyes:

myxomatosis
Jul 18th, 2006, 05:26 AM
So Sarah, are you jealous yet of Rohin? What with him being in Canada now (and as we all well know, Canada is the best country in our solar system. Perhaps even Galaxy?) ;) :banana:

Princess Sarah.
Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:12 AM
yeah i am jealous i wish i was in canada better than going back to uni next week :vomit: :sad:

myxomatosis
Jul 22nd, 2006, 04:43 PM
Damn Sarah, didn't you just finish exams? I've been off since April 13th. :banana:
I guess it's just really sweet being me.

Princess Sarah.
Jul 23rd, 2006, 12:01 AM
Damn Sarah, didn't you just finish exams? I've been off since April 13th. :banana:
I guess it's just really sweet being me.
yeah 3 week winter break by the way i must say i kicked ass although i am muy pissed about my arabic mark!

Just u wait till ur winter when i'm on holidays for 4 months making cold hard cash and spending it just as soon as i get my hands on it!

myxomatosis
Jul 23rd, 2006, 02:08 PM
Oh please, I think it's a pretty well known fact that Canada doesn't have winter. It's just 365 days a year of warmth on the sunny beaches of Canada.

Princess Sarah.
Jul 24th, 2006, 07:05 AM
hmmm what halucenogenic drug are u on? :p (i know i still cannot spell!)

ugh Arabic was sooooo boring today we had to watch this play with this woman singer who i hate but at least i understood it!

myxomatosis
Jul 25th, 2006, 01:47 AM
I like watching movies in class, as long as I don't have to answer questions about them afterwards. Movies are a good time to space out.

Princess Sarah.
Jul 25th, 2006, 07:41 AM
yeah well we had to memorise the dialouge then act it which is what we will be doing boring!

Spanish was good we were let out early HOOORAY!

writing history seems like fun my lecturer is a bit of a kook but that can be a good thing!

myxomatosis
Jul 26th, 2006, 12:55 PM
you have to act in class? :lol:
That sucks.
History is cool until you have to write essays for it. Then it's boring and tediously annoying.
I can't wait til I go back to school. I'm so bored at home. My friends here suck. I just want to get drunk but it would be sad if I did it on my own. Plus that would probably make me some sort of alcoholic.

Princess Sarah.
Jul 27th, 2006, 10:44 AM
you have to act in class? :lol:
That sucks.
History is cool until you have to write essays for it. Then it's boring and tediously annoying.
I can't wait til I go back to school. I'm so bored at home. My friends here suck. I just want to get drunk but it would be sad if I did it on my own. Plus that would probably make me some sort of alcoholic.
only in Arabic and only infront of the class which ok we are a tight knit group lol

lol i have the opposite problem i don't drink and all my friends do so i'm the loner who doesn't drink so i just don't go out with them.

i wait untill they pass out then draw stuff on their faces

myxomatosis
Jul 30th, 2006, 01:15 AM
Yeah I wouldn't go out with a bunch of drunk people either if I was sober. I've come to realise that drunk people are actually really stupid and annoying. You just don't realise it when you're one of the drunk ones yourself.
Do you drink coffee?

Princess Sarah.
Jul 31st, 2006, 11:17 PM
yeah i drink too much coffee i didn't have my morning coffee today plus the people who work at the uni coffee place scare me they are a bunch of weirdos!

myxomatosis
Aug 1st, 2006, 01:11 PM
:lol: Maybe they've had a little too much caffeine??
Do you have Evil Starbucks in Australia?

Princess Sarah.
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:19 PM
yeah i like it tho only place i can get a bagel that isn't burnt

myxomatosis
Aug 4th, 2006, 01:35 PM
We have a much better coffee chain here called Second Cup. Delicious!
How's school going then? Break any pencils? Kick ass on any tests?

I got 104% last year on a midterm. It was multiple choice, intro. to Russian culture though, so it was really easy for me.

Princess Sarah.
Aug 6th, 2006, 05:43 AM
104% wow u rock!

i haven't kicked ass like that since 1st yr now i'm lucky to get above 65% :)

nah trying to write an essay but i don't know how to start it, plus i've basically stopped putting any effort into studying my languages!

myxomatosis
Aug 7th, 2006, 12:57 PM
No, like I said, the 104 wasn't fair. It was a class for people who didn't know anything about Russia going in so I had somewhat of an advantage ;)
Hope you got the essay written!

I'm going to the Rogers Cup in Toronto today! Whee!

Princess Sarah.
Aug 7th, 2006, 10:01 PM
oh nice
and no i havent started lol
i'll do it next week the night before!

myxomatosis
Aug 16th, 2006, 09:43 PM
You want to come work at the box factory tonight instead of me Sarah? I'll let you keep 50% of the pay. It's lots of fun!

Princess Sarah.
Aug 17th, 2006, 12:21 PM
box factory...that doesnt sound fun! are u just picking on me coz i'm tierd?

myxomatosis
Aug 17th, 2006, 08:15 PM
No the box factory is even more fun when you're tired! The 12 hour shifts just fly by then!
Been out galavanting about the town again Sarah instead of sleeping?

Princess Sarah.
Aug 18th, 2006, 12:48 AM
no i wish at least then i could have some sordid tales to tell! Since when do i galavant anywhere besides to uni and to work....borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggg!

Oh i have to go track down a book then hide it somewhere in the library

myxomatosis
Aug 18th, 2006, 11:28 AM
:lol: Have you lost your library card Sarah? Or do you owe too much in fines....

Have you noticed we're the only two people who post on any sort of consistent basis in Dinara's forum?

Princess Sarah.
Aug 18th, 2006, 10:49 PM
lol i was just thinking about u an i posting
perhaps we should attempt some sort of hostile take over and the Dinara Forum and be a rogue state where we wreak havoc and talk about Dinara of course :angel:

Lol i have my library card and i don't owe too much in fines ....yet, they dont let u borrow when u get to 25 i'm still on 18...working my way up lol!

Nah at our uni u go into the library and hide ur books soo no one else can borrow them lol. I havent done it yet because ive been quite fortunate and its happened to me and it really sucks.

However yesturday i spent like 15 dollars on photocoping...talk about breaking copyright laws...

myxomatosis
Aug 19th, 2006, 06:57 PM
However yesturday i spent like 15 dollars on photocoping...talk about breaking copyright laws...I've already reported you to your local police. They should be at your house any time now. They seemed really pissed. Apparently they feel very strongly about copyright laws.

Ohhh it's been too long since I participated in any sort of hostile take-over. I guess you can be the somewhat evil dictator and I'll just lurk behind the scenes wielding all the real power. Mwah haha!

Princess Sarah.
Aug 20th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Hey! I'm no ones puppet :p

anyway i gave the cops a six pack and they were on their way, i charmed the pants off them! but thats another story :hehehe:

Anyway i have this essay due tomorrow that i kinda started but not really i have no idea what the fuck i'mdoing so i'm eating chocolate and drinking v

myxomatosis
Aug 20th, 2006, 04:54 AM
what the heck is v? It's drugs, isn't it? :crazy:

Your cop story sounds saucy. Young cops are always hot because they have to be in shape to get on the force. Then after a few years they realise they really don't need to be in shape anymore so they just get fat and ugly.

Princess Sarah.
Aug 20th, 2006, 07:21 AM
v should be classified as drugs its an energy drink...however i dont feel energised. Man i am pathetic i work for an hour then break for an hour ...i plan to stay up till four am coz i suck and am a lazy procrastinator.

And so true about the cops, we had a family friend who slimed right down became a cop and is not fat agin that he's a sargent lol

maryc
Aug 20th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Have you noticed we're the only two people who post on any sort of consistent basis in Dinara's forum?

You mean the whole forum, or this particular thread?

I used to post here more, but sometimes I feel when I post,
all I get back is resounding silence (like when I posted
the questionnaire. I was going to post the note Ms.
Safina enclosed, but after hearing nothing from anyone,
I kind of got the feeling no one believed it was real, so I
didn't post it.) It's kind of strange; for example, I
get more responses when I post to the forums of players
I'm not big fans of!

I don't know, maybe we should try to be more friendly to
people who do post? Give them reputation and all? Be astoundingly
extroverted? (I understand what you mean though; I check
the forum daily, and often we post nothing.)

The whole fan blog thing seems like a big failure. I'm glad it got
us the forum, but no one reads the blog, and most people seemed
annoyed by it, so I stopped posting there.

Mary

myxomatosis
Aug 21st, 2006, 12:03 AM
Well I just keep waiting for the Dinara fans to come pouring in here but that doesn't ever seem to be the case... lol
I don't really know what to do about that. You can't force people to post I guess.

~|Naomi|~
Aug 21st, 2006, 04:12 AM

I post in Dinara's thread & there are more people who regularly post in there - GL, Andrew (MightyMashaFan) etc my memory has failed. Mary has been in there recently:) There seems to be more discussion in her thread.

I was going to post in here (this thread) once before way back ages ago when you were all talking about uni & what you study but then I read someone say people who do/did psych were wierd so I was like well I don't think I'll post that I did a bachelor of psych then:o & never really came back in this thread. So I don't want you to take this the wrong way but I never realy felt welcome to post here (this thread) cause I felt like I'd be butting into someone else's conversation:o I have been posting in the summer season thread & I posted in Fed Cup.

Princess Sarah.
Aug 21st, 2006, 11:31 AM
maybe Dinara's fans like to read more than participate?
who knows

myxomatosis
Aug 23rd, 2006, 05:53 PM
I post in Dinara's thread & there are more people who regularly post in there - GL, Andrew (MightyMashaFan) etc my memory has failed. Mary has been in there recently:) There seems to be more discussion in her thread.

I was going to post in here (this thread) once before way back ages ago when you were all talking about uni & what you study but then I read someone say people who do/did psych were wierd so I was like well I don't think I'll post that I did a bachelor of psych then:o & never really came back in this thread. So I don't want you to take this the wrong way but I never realy felt welcome to post here (this thread) cause I felt like I'd be butting into someone else's conversation:o I have been posting in the summer season thread & I posted in Fed Cup.I'm sorry if you took the psych comment as offensive. I don't remember that particular comment but it could have been me who said it. If I did, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I study Russian at school and I'm not at all Slavic so I'm about as weird as they come in terms of that. To be honest I had to drop my Psych 101 class because I sucked at it so much. So maybe I called psych people weird because I'm just bitter now. :lol:

And if it feels like this is a private conversation between Sarah and I, it's because we're the only ones who post in here. Meeek used to, but she hasn't been around in ages (I don't know where she went?) I like that people post in the Dinara Cheering Thread, but what's the point in having a separate forum for her then, if nobody is going to post in it? I love talking to Sarah, but sometimes I post in the Off Topic thread also just so somebody is posting in Dinara's forum, otherwise it can go days without a post.

So anyway, the point of this is, please stay! :bounce:

~|Naomi|~
Aug 24th, 2006, 06:39 AM
I'm sorry if you took the psych comment as offensive. I don't remember that particular comment but it could have been me who said it. If I did, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I study Russian at school and I'm not at all Slavic so I'm about as weird as they come in terms of that. To be honest I had to drop my Psych 101 class because I sucked at it so much. So maybe I called psych people weird because I'm just bitter now. :lol:

And if it feels like this is a private conversation between Sarah and I, it's because we're the only ones who post in here. Meeek used to, but she hasn't been around in ages (I don't know where she went?) I like that people post in the Dinara Cheering Thread, but what's the point in having a separate forum for her then, if nobody is going to post in it? I love talking to Sarah, but sometimes I post in the Off Topic thread also just so somebody is posting in Dinara's forum, otherwise it can go days without a post.

So anyway, the point of this is, please stay! :bounce:

Well I will stay if you stay in Lucie's thread :hehehe: It is dead in there & I feel like I'm talking to myself in there most of the time - Lucie deserves more fans.

I didn't find the psych comment offensive I just didn't like it - but anyway it is forgotten now. But I've finished uni now I did a double degree - psych & business and will start work in January.

Princess Sarah.
Aug 24th, 2006, 08:51 AM

I was going to post in here (this thread) once before way back ages ago when you were all talking about uni & what you study but then I read someone say people who do/did psych were wierd so I was like well I don't think I'll post that I did a bachelor of psych then:o & never really came back in this thread. So I don't want you to take this the wrong way but I never realy felt welcome to post here (this thread) cause I felt like I'd be butting into someone else's conversation:o I have been posting in the summer season thread & I posted in Fed Cup.
Oh Naomi i'm sorry if u felt unwelcome in here but seriously u are and so is everyone else. And i think it was me who said psych students were weird (i'm sorry-its just a girl i know who does it is strange, but i shouldn't generalise.)

And as Laura says it does feel like a private conversation in here but the thing is no one was posting and it wasn't like we would have told u to buzz off - Laura might :p only joking.

But please join in the craziness, the fun and the downright stupid- and i extend that invitation out to everyone...i dont feel i know that many Dinara fans who post in the forum.

Meeek
Aug 26th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Meeek used to, but she hasn't been around in ages (I don't know where she went?)

Here is she.
A lot of shit has hit the fan in my life in the last 6 weeks, so I haven't been around. Will try to get back here more often though!

As for the Dinara blog, well that has been neglected too... but we have the forum now don't we? ;)

Hope everyone's doing good! :wavey:

~|Naomi|~
Aug 26th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Here is she.
A lot of shit has hit the fan in my life in the last 6 weeks, so I haven't been around. Will try to get back here more often though!

As for the Dinara blog, well that has been neglected too... but we have the forum now don't we? ;)

Hope everyone's doing good! :wavey:
That happens to me a lot things happen & I can't get on the forum for a few weeks in a row.
I hope everything is allright:)

myxomatosis
Aug 26th, 2006, 11:32 PM
Meeek! Glad you're back! And I hope everything's looking a bit up now for you :)

Naomi, agreed about the Lucie forum. I fell in love with her game at Rogers Cup. The power! The winners! The, uh, inconsistency. :tape: (well I didn't love that part so much) :lol:
Congrats on finishing university! So you already have a job lined up for January then?

Also, Sarah - buzz off :devil:

maryc
Aug 27th, 2006, 03:02 AM
So, this is kind of off-topic, but not really. I just got
my Dinara Safina coffee mug. Heh. I have been playing
on various photo internet sites since I got my new camera
(the one I used at Eastbourne, Wimbledon, Carlsbad, and
Carson). Anyway, I should have figured this out before,
but I didn't: you can make custom coffee mugs!

I was still using a Sun Microsystems Java cup from my
graduate school days (to give you a hint how long ago
that was: Ms. Sabatini was still playing then), and I finally
decided I needed new coffee cups. Long story short,
I saw an ad from one of my photo internet sites, decided
to make a set of tennis coffee mugs, and I made one of
them from a photo of Dinara from Carlsbad (one of the ones
I took of her on the practice court, looking all pensive at
her strings--you know the pose.)

It turned out well. I'm going to keep that one at home,
and take my Kuznetsova mug to work. At least for now.
Maybe I'll rotate them!

Mary
p.s. It felt really good getting rid of the Sun Microsystems
mug. I'm not sure why, but it did.

~|Naomi|~
Aug 27th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Meeek! Glad you're back! And I hope everything's looking a bit up now for you :)

Naomi, agreed about the Lucie forum. I fell in love with her game at Rogers Cup. The power! The winners! The, uh, inconsistency. :tape: (well I didn't love that part so much) :lol:
Congrats on finishing university! So you already have a job lined up for January then?

Also, Sarah - buzz off :devil:

I first saw Lucie at Gold Coast this year & became an instant fan. I was shocked how much powe she has as she is pretty skinny. & she was such a sweetie when I met her later in the week after a practice. Anyway enough about Lucie in Dinara's forum:p

Yeah I have a job:bounce: I graduated from uni a few months ago. I'm not sure how it works in Canada but here in Australia all the big companies do grauduate recruitment throughout the year for the following year. I had to apply around March and then went through months & months of recruitment to get the job. First I applied then did an online psychometric test in numeracy and literacy, then I had to go to an assessment centre and we were in small groups and had to discuss things and there were people sitting around with clipboards assessing our discussion:o then I got an actual interview then I found out I got the job. Most people applied to around 10-20 different places to cover their asses and make sure they got a job but I was really picky and only applied to 4 or 5:o But I got a job so it all turned out good but it was so damn nerve wracking waiting to find out. My job is in corporate banking & has very very nice pay:lol: It is a graduate spot so I'm part of the national graduate program so there will be training provided which is one thing I was really looking for when I was looking at what companies to apply to. I haven't really done anything since finishing uni other than interviews cause I felt like I needed holiday, I did 3 semesters a year at uni so it was a very full on 3 and a half years but it was worth it. Anyway the post-uni break gave me time to have a big bash for my 21st:bounce:

myxomatosis
Aug 27th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Wow your job sounds awesome Naomi. And in fact, to celebrate your awesome job with its awesome salary, you might just want to send me some money. You know, for my uh, charity and stuff. :drool:
Employers don't do recruitment at my school, well at least not for the poor arts kids. I guess they just assume we're either applying for grad school or planning out long and prosperous careers in fast food. Actually, it would be pretty funny if McDonald's recruited in the arts buildings. Also sad. And probably quite telling.
Anyway.

lol your mug sounds cool Mary. I don't even know what Sun Microsystems does though. Something with computers is all I know...

~|Naomi|~
Aug 28th, 2006, 03:40 AM
Wow your job sounds awesome Naomi. And in fact, to celebrate your awesome job with its awesome salary, you might just want to send me some money. You know, for my uh, charity and stuff. :drool:
Employers don't do recruitment at my school, well at least not for the poor arts kids. I guess they just assume we're either applying for grad school or planning out long and prosperous careers in fast food. Actually, it would be pretty funny if McDonald's recruited in the arts buildings. Also sad. And probably quite telling.
Anyway.

I do like the sound of my job - but now I'm worried about actually being able to do it:unsure: :rolls: Oh well will find out soon:o
I don't have any money yet I'm still coming out of being a poor uni student:lol: but once I get some;)

What do you plan on doing once you finish? How long do you have left?

~|Naomi|~
Aug 28th, 2006, 04:01 AM
So, this is kind of off-topic, but not really. I just got
my Dinara Safina coffee mug. Heh. I have been playing
on various photo internet sites since I got my new camera
(the one I used at Eastbourne, Wimbledon, Carlsbad, and
Carson). Anyway, I should have figured this out before,
but I didn't: you can make custom coffee mugs!

I was still using a Sun Microsystems Java cup from my
graduate school days (to give you a hint how long ago
that was: Ms. Sabatini was still playing then), and I finally
decided I needed new coffee cups. Long story short,
I saw an ad from one of my photo internet sites, decided
to make a set of tennis coffee mugs, and I made one of
them from a photo of Dinara from Carlsbad (one of the ones
I took of her on the practice court, looking all pensive at
her strings--you know the pose.)

It turned out well. I'm going to keep that one at home,
and take my Kuznetsova mug to work. At least for now.
Maybe I'll rotate them!

Mary
p.s. It felt really good getting rid of the Sun Microsystems
mug. I'm not sure why, but it did.

I'm not sure anything can be off-topic in here:)
Your mug sounds awesome. Showing your support for Dina:D

Princess Sarah.
Aug 28th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Cool Naomi...what uni did u go to? u don't have to say...i goto sydney....i'm going to end up working at macca's (actually someone mentioned that in one of our history tutes lol)

And Mary i want a Dinara mug! we have random ones at our house, my mug is one from perfection dairy....shame!

And Meeek i hope everything works out :hug:

Meeek
Aug 28th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Thanks all :hug:

Naomi, your job sounds great.
I know what you mean though, with being worried about being able to do it. I have the same thing right now with my internship starting next week.
BUT, difference is that you're not a student anymore and they hired you because they see potential, which means you can do it! :yeah:
With me... ugh, need to learn everything.
How I'd love to go on a trip around the world right now.

maryc
Aug 28th, 2006, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure anything can be off-topic in here:)
Your mug sounds awesome. Showing your support for Dina:D

Well, my thinking was that on-topic would be Dinara, so
off-topic would be not-Dinara.

And I was talking about Dinara, so????

But I see your point!

Mary

myxomatosis
Aug 28th, 2006, 06:28 PM
All you people with your sweet careers that will give you money, and not having to be in school anymore and such. :mad:
I assume I'll end up getting a PhD so I can teach. This just means I'll be in school forever. Only 1 more year for my BA though. If I lived anywhere else I'd be done already but my stupid province had an extra year of highschool (I say "had" because the government abolished it right after my year to save $$). :mad:

Congrats on your internship Meeek! Is this a student intership though? Or are you done uni now?

Meeek
Aug 28th, 2006, 09:16 PM
All you people with your sweet careers that will give you money, and not having to be in school anymore and such. :mad:
I assume I'll end up getting a PhD so I can teach. This just means I'll be in school forever. Only 1 more year for my BA though. If I lived anywhere else I'd be done already but my stupid province had an extra year of highschool (I say "had" because the government abolished it right after my year to save $$). :mad:

Congrats on your internship Meeek! Is this a student intership though? Or are you done uni now?

Where will you teach? What agegroup?
My previous study was social pedagogical worker. I got my degree btw, but I decided to go another direction. But the internships for that study, I've all done in primary schools. Mainly with 8-12 year olds. It was fun, but I could never be a teacher....which ofcourse wasn't my function in the internship, more like personal one-on-one help for the kids in the class.
But huge respect for teachers and wannabe teachers. That takes so much to be able to do, and I wish I had it in me. But since public speaking is something I hate, I figured the teacher's academy would not quite be the right choice for me ;)

This one now, is a student internship. The pharmacy of the university medical centre in my town was seeking student pharmacy assistants (not pharmacist, total different thing which I don't have the brain for;)) a year ago. You had to apply for the it. There were 3 places for 172 applicants. I made it.
Last year was the first year, which consisted only of classes. This year though, is the big internship in the pharmacy.
Big big yikes. I've switched study's 3 times, with one fully completed, I cannot dislike this and switch again... Finger crossed. Toes crossed. Everything crossed!!

maryc
Aug 28th, 2006, 10:45 PM
3 out of 172!

I knew Dinara Safina fans in general were quite intelligent,
but this beats all!

Good luck (and hey Laura, being a teacher is a good thing! --my
semester starts tomorrow. Already students have been stopping by
to say hello (and talk tennis!))

Professora Mary

~|Naomi|~
Aug 29th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Thanks all :hug:

Naomi, your job sounds great.
I know what you mean though, with being worried about being able to do it. I have the same thing right now with my internship starting next week.
BUT, difference is that you're not a student anymore and they hired you because they see potential, which means you can do it! :yeah:

Good luck for your internship I know you can do it :yeah: After all you were picked as one of 3 out of 172:worship:

myxomatosis
Aug 29th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Yeah Meeek, 3 out of 172 is pretty fantastic. If I were you, I'd be feeling secretly superior to a lot of people right now :worship:

Naomi, I :hearts: your Dinara avatar!

I think that if I do end up teaching it will be at a university level, for the main reason that I don't know of any high schools that offer Russian language. :tape:

maryc
Aug 29th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Laura, I teach at the university level, and it is great.

But you are right about the Russian language teaching
in North American high schools.

Mary

Princess Sarah.
Sep 1st, 2006, 07:21 AM
hi everyone! how are you all?

myxomatosis
Sep 1st, 2006, 04:22 PM
I'm not too bad Sarah.
It's going to rain the next couple of days due to Hurricane Ernesto so that kind of sucks. It's going to hit New York and the USO too.
Stupid hurricanes.

Princess Sarah.
Sep 2nd, 2006, 05:15 AM
I'm not too bad Sarah.
It's going to rain the next couple of days due to Hurricane Ernesto so that kind of sucks. It's going to hit New York and the USO too.
Stupid hurricanes.
aw that sucks
we have weirdo weather in sydney we get 4 seasons in one day! Can be quite annoying because i never dress properly for the weather!
should be reading Michel Foucault...perhaps if i understood him i would be more motivated to read!

~|Naomi|~
Sep 2nd, 2006, 09:21 AM
It rained all week in normally lovely sunny QLD here:rain:
But it has gone away now:D

maryc
Sep 2nd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Which book by Foucault? It took me ages to read one of
his, and I'm not sure I understood most of it. Here's a quote from
a funny article about deconstruction:

You get maximum style points for being French. Since most of us
aren't French, we don't qualify for this one, but we can still score almost
as much by writing in French or citing French sources. However, it is
difficult for even the most intense and unprincipled American academician
writing in French to match the zen obliqueness of a native French literary
critic.

From "How To Deconstruct Almost Anything: My Postmodern Adventure"
by Chip Morningstar.

Mary

Princess Sarah.
Sep 3rd, 2006, 12:58 AM
Which book by Foucault? It took me ages to read one of
his, and I'm not sure I understood most of it. Here's a quote from
a funny article about deconstruction:

From "How To Deconstruct Almost Anything: My Postmodern Adventure"
by Chip Morningstar.

Mary
Lol that is a funny quote!

I'm reading two chapters from the history of sexuality vol 1 and an interview of Foucault. It's basically saying that our sexual drives have been repressed since the 19th century and looking at sex as a discourse and how it is discussed through discourses...it's ok i just find the way he words things a little difficult to understand...i wouldn't exactly call Foucault light reading.

Speaking of light reading i am reading a marvellous book by David Starkey called Elizabeth: Apprentice , he is like the People magazine of the Elizabeathan Era and i love it at the mo...i'm reading it for a book review i have to write for scary history and i recommend it.

Man i should start my own book club like Oprah!

myxomatosis
Sep 3rd, 2006, 03:58 PM
So who exactly is this Foucault fellow anyhow?

maryc
Sep 3rd, 2006, 06:16 PM
Yeah, that's the book I read too, but I had to read all of it.
I got the main ideas, but it sure had a lot of words in the
book, considering there weren't so many ideas (for me, that is.)

Foucault was a French literary critic. He was one of those
deconstruction people, or at least was embraced by the deconstructionists.

Deconstruction is a fancy way of saying that you can read any text
as being a statement about itself (rather than just as being about
what the text seems to intend to say.) So sometimes (always?)
it's important to think about what it says, what it doesn't say, what
it assumes, what we assume, what we believe, etc.

They made me read the Sedgwick book too, which was even more
difficult for me, because I thought she was full of crap.

Mary, not a literary critic at all

maryc
Sep 3rd, 2006, 06:17 PM
Do you think the fans of any other tennis player are
seriously discussing Foucault and deconstructionism?
Maybe Jankovic's fans????

Go Safina fans! We rock!

Mary

~|Naomi|~
Sep 4th, 2006, 01:20 AM
So who exactly is this Foucault fellow anyhow?

That is what i was thinking to:o
Foucault sounds intersting, it doesn't seem like it would be light reading though.

Okay edit - I see Mary kindly explained:)

~|Naomi|~
Sep 4th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Speaking of light reading i am reading a marvellous book by David Starkey called Elizabeth: Apprentice , he is like the People magazine of the Elizabeathan Era and i love it at the mo...i'm reading it for a book review i have to write for scary history and i recommend it.

Man i should start my own book club like Oprah!

Oooo I'll join:p
I'm reading a James Patterson book. I love all his books, can never put them down. I'm reading Cat & Mouse which is one of his older ones but I'd never read it before.

~|Naomi|~
Sep 4th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Cool Naomi...what uni did u go to? u don't have to say...i goto sydney....i'm going to end up working at macca's (actually someone mentioned that in one of our history tutes lol)

oops I missed this post.
I went to Bond in QLD.
So are you doing a history major?

myxomatosis
Sep 4th, 2006, 01:53 AM
I'm reading a little something right now by the name of "Green Eggs and Ham".
Maybe you've all heard of it? It's a bit of a challenge but I'm persevering because I hear it's a classic.

~|Naomi|~
Sep 4th, 2006, 01:57 AM
I'm reading a little something right now by the name of "Green Eggs and Ham".
Maybe you've all heard of it? It's a bit of a challenge but I'm persevering because I hear it's a classic.

:haha:
It definitely is a classic:yeah:

Princess Sarah.
Sep 4th, 2006, 12:33 PM
oops I missed this post.
I went to Bond in QLD.
So are you doing a history major?
Yeah it's hard work lots of reading (i hardly ever do). I'm getting ready to discuss Focault and his thought on the repressive hypothesis...Ah Mary i'd die if they made me read the whole book two chapters was bad enough!

And Laura, you think green, eggs and ham is challenging just wait till you get too fox in sox or whatever the hell it's called!

~|Naomi|~
Sep 5th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Yeah it's hard work lots of reading (i hardly ever do). I'm getting ready to discuss Focault and his thought on the repressive hypothesis...Ah Mary i'd die if they made me read the whole book two chapters was bad enough!

And Laura, you think green, eggs and ham is challenging just wait till you get too fox in sox or whatever the hell it's called!

I'm guessing you have to discuss in your tutorials? I always hated that in my first degree which was psych we had to discuss so much:ras: So good luck for it:yeah:

How about the cat in the hat - that was always my favourite:lol:

Princess Sarah.
Sep 5th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Yeah i don't like discussion either but it went well...she sympathised with us because she knows that Foucault is hard to read.

I think i failed Spanish i wrote the crappiest love letter for my composition and then the grammer execises weren't even up to scratch...but at least if i do badly i can learn from my mistakes.

And re: Cat in the hat...i wasn't really a fan i always loved Green eggs and ham and Sam i am ( which is a great movie by the way- i couldn't stop crying)

myxomatosis
Sep 5th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Nothing can hold a candle to the masterpiece that is "Go Dog Go"
The brilliance! The emotion! The dogs driving cars!

My friend took Spanish and they had to write a compositon about a friend of their's on their final exam. The only adjectives she could remember were "old" and "married" so she wrote about her old, married friend. :lol:

So if this Foucault is that difficult, why is he required reading? Doesn't seem fair to me!

maryc
Sep 5th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Because all these English graduate students who are now
your professors were brain-washed (or more simply: they
had to read Foucault, so they will force you to read him, too.)

I'm reading the 2nd book of the Stephen King "gunslinger" series.
(Or is it called the Dark Tower series? Can't remember.)
That's pretty fluffy, but I like to read something like that at the
end of the day.

Mary

Princess Sarah.
Sep 6th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Lol well Laura i ended up rewriting the lyrics of a spanish song lol because thats all i could think of! Yay no more Foucault...may go watch a movie tomorrow after spanish oral ...eeek

i like steven king...and that is the stuff i like to read at theend of the day too :0

myxomatosis
Sep 8th, 2006, 12:21 AM
I thought I heard that Stephen King doesn't even write most of his novels anymore. He gets other writers to do it and then just puts his name at the top and collects most of the $$.
Must be nice.

Princess Sarah.
Sep 9th, 2006, 10:26 AM
that would be nice!

i'm thinking about writing a novel...one of those trashy romances where the man thrusts his loins- always captivating reading!

myxomatosis
Sep 15th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Yay I finally have internet again!
So what's up people? Having a lovely September I hope?

And Sarah, word of advice: you can never have too much thrusting of loins. Never.

Princess Sarah.
Sep 17th, 2006, 07:47 AM
i must agree with u on the thrusting of loins- thats the stuff of a new york times best seller!

My september has been fine, the weathers clearing up and i;m just soaking it and bopping around my room!

myxomatosis
Sep 18th, 2006, 12:42 AM
bopping's always fun. Well, until you bop into something, like your bed and then hurt your leg. Then you curse bopping and shake your fist at it.
I got a TV in my room at school! Now I have my laptop, a mini fridge and my TV with cable! I fear I shall never do homework again!

~|Naomi|~
Sep 18th, 2006, 04:41 AM
i must agree with u on the thrusting of loins- thats the stuff of a new york times best seller!

My september has been fine, the weathers clearing up and i;m just soaking it and bopping around my room!

The weather is great up here. Lots of lying around on the beach for me:D I love Spring but can't wait for summer

I haven't been in here for awhile. Lost my password:o and then the beach so haven't had much time:)

myxomatosis
Sep 20th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Silly Naomi, everybody knows that it's Autumn right now ;)

~|Naomi|~
Sep 20th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Silly Naomi, everybody knows that it's Autumn right now ;)

:ras:

It is beautiful weather. It is something like 25 degrees celsius already & it is only the first month of spring still. It is supposed to get up to 30 tomorrow....think I may be in for a scorching summer........

myxomatosis
Sep 20th, 2006, 07:30 PM
It's been freezing here since late August. And I get cold very easily so that doesn't help. I'm wearing 2 sweaters today and I'm still cold.
I think this means we're in for a very cold winter this year. :fiery:

I think I live in the wrong country...

maryc
Sep 20th, 2006, 08:23 PM
My office is freezing. I don't know why, but it's so cold in here
that it's difficult to type.

It's gorgeous outside. Warm, sunny, a slight breeze. OK, I have
to stop thinking about being outside or else I'll get no work done!

Naomi--the beach sounds wonderful!

Mary

Princess Sarah.
Sep 21st, 2006, 07:57 AM
bopping's always fun. Well, until you bop into something, like your bed and then hurt your leg. Then you curse bopping and shake your fist at it.
I got a TV in my room at school! Now I have my laptop, a mini fridge and my TV with cable! I fear I shall never do homework again!
I always bop into something! i'm so clumsy!
Laura u will never have to leave ur room again! I only have a laptop ans tereo in my room!

The weather here has been gorgeous! I wore shorts for the first time in a long time this week which was refreshing, but the heat hasnt been to oppressive...man i love spring! Summer will be a killer!

~|Naomi|~
Sep 21st, 2006, 11:49 AM
It's been freezing here since late August. And I get cold very easily so that doesn't help. I'm wearing 2 sweaters today and I'm still cold.
I think this means we're in for a very cold winter this year. :fiery:

I think I live in the wrong country...

I know I am one of those people as well. I live on the Gold Coast and for some strange reason people who move here from down south seem to believe we don't get 4 seasons here. People come on holiday here in Winter and go to the beach and I'm there in my jeans, sweater, jacket - freezing and they are like it is so warm. I definitely can not move to a cold climate.

~|Naomi|~
Sep 21st, 2006, 11:53 AM
The weather here has been gorgeous! I wore shorts for the first time in a long time this week which was refreshing, but the heat hasnt been to oppressive...man i love spring! Summer will be a killer!

I know, how good is it. I love jeans but after wearing them almost every day I do get sick of them so it is awesome to open up my summer wardrobe and well any excuse to do a spot of shopping;)

~|Naomi|~
Sep 23rd, 2006, 09:43 AM
I have an idea for the thread.
We could post pictures of where we live (if you want).
I live on the Gold Coast:aparty: So I will start:)

http://www.gold-coast.net/images/front.jpg
http://www.gold-coast.net/photos/broadbeach.jpg
http://www.gold-coast.net/photos/burleighheads.jpg
http://www.gold-coast.net/photos/coolangatta.jpg
http://www.gold-coast.net/photos/hinzedam.jpg

~|Naomi|~
Sep 23rd, 2006, 09:53 AM
Hopefully I'm not clogging this thread up and annoying you all:o

http://www.gold-coast.net/photos/mainbeach.jpg
http://www.gold-coast.net/photos/marinamirage.jpg
http://www.gold-coast.net/photos/surfers.jpg
http://www.gold-coast.net/photos/rainforest.jpg
http://www.gold-coast.net/photos/purlingbrookfalls.jpg

~|Naomi|~
Sep 23rd, 2006, 09:57 AM
One more;)
http://www.gold-coast.net/photos/sufersparadise.jpg

~|Naomi|~
Sep 23rd, 2006, 09:58 AM
Okay I was very bored:o Hopefully I didn't bore all of you:lol:

myxomatosis
Sep 23rd, 2006, 04:08 PM
Ohh great idea Naomi!
It's so beautiful where you live with the ocean and the warmth and the nature :hearts:
I live in Toronto:

http://www.davetill.com/personal/photos/neighbour/ngh29.jpg
http://www.toronto.ca/toronto_images/images/waterfront_054_500.jpg http://www.toronto.ca/toronto_images/images/citylandscape_046_400.jpg http://images.worldofstock.com/slides/NWI1379.jpg

Princess Sarah.
Sep 24th, 2006, 01:06 AM
i will bore u with images u will probably have already seen but anyway
According to me and its 4 million inhabitants :The best city in the world SYDNEY!

http://www.thisisthelife.com/photos/experiences/large/sydney-opera-house.jpg

Bondi Beach
http://astream.net/images3/bondibeach.jpg

the tower
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/08/22/sydney_wideweb__430x259.jpg

and on the outskirts The Blue Mountains
http://www.australianbedandbreakfast.com.au/nsw-act-bandb/gallery/images/blue-mountains.jpg

and another great place to eat after a night on the town
Harry's pies yum yum!
http://static.flickr.com/32/121261194_b3a8ea0082_m.jpg

Thats all for now

~|Naomi|~
Sep 24th, 2006, 12:33 PM
So I didn't bore you all:yeah:

Thanks for all the pics :)

myxomatosis
Sep 25th, 2006, 12:33 AM
I don't know Sarah... Sydney does look pretty sweet. But Toronto's super cool so I think Toronto wins as the best city ever.
Nice try though!

Princess Sarah.
Sep 25th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Laura its all a matter of perspective..and i agree Toronto looks pretty damn cool, but i still love my city and i always will *breaks into version of "i still call Australia home"*

myxomatosis
Sep 25th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Alright, I guess our cities can tie for best in the world.
I don't know this "I Still Call Australia Home" though. I do know "Land Down Under" by Men at Work!

Princess Sarah.
Sep 25th, 2006, 01:47 AM
i happen love love both songs

Oh I still call australia home was written by peter allen the guy that hugh jackman is dancing around as

~|Naomi|~
Sep 25th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Ah No, the best city in the world is...............Gold Coast;)

Princess Sarah.
Sep 25th, 2006, 10:23 PM
ok stupid question...is the gold coast a city...or just a really long (and gold ) coast, where the ppl are bronzed and thin and where the sun always shines?

~|Naomi|~
Sep 26th, 2006, 01:20 AM
ok stupid question...is the gold coast a city...or just a really long (and gold ) coast, where the ppl are bronzed and thin and where the sun always shines?

It is a city:)
I think a lot of people make the mistake that it is just a tourist strip, probably cause when they visit they only see Surfers Paradise which is only hotels, motels, restaurants, bars, shops and clubs - okay there is a school and houses in that suburb but they are more inland and I don't think the tourists venture that far:p .

myxomatosis
Sep 26th, 2006, 01:31 AM
lol I thought Gold Coast was just the name of the beach too!
I wish we had sweet beaches. I back onto a lake but I wouldn't swim there. I think it's full of nuclear waste and I'd probably grow an extra arm.
Although an extra arm might be helpful for multitasking so I guess it wouldn't be all bad.

Princess Sarah.
Sep 26th, 2006, 07:27 AM
ahahaha lol thanx for clearing that up!

and Laura i wouldnt swim in that lake!

myxomatosis
Sep 30th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Last day of September!
That doesn't really mean anything!
But still!

myxomatosis
Sep 30th, 2006, 11:13 PM
So close to 900 posts in forum....really hyper...haven't even had sugar today.

hyper hyper hyper hyper

~|Naomi|~
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:12 AM
So how are things in Canada?

myxomatosis
Oct 1st, 2006, 02:13 PM
Well you'll be happy to know Canada is still here. It hasn't disappeared or anything.
I think it's doing alright. I don't know though, it's a really big country. Plus some of the people speak French and I don't, so I can't ask them how they are.

How's Australia? Still there as well?

Princess Sarah.
Oct 14th, 2006, 09:58 AM
its sooooooooooo friggin hot!!!!!! its discusting...i wish i lived in Canada where it was cold mostof the time (i'm assuming)

Bloody heat i think i sweat out a few organs today!

myxomatosis
Oct 14th, 2006, 09:00 PM
We've been having lots of snow already!
I'm sitting in my bedroom in my winter jacket and a sweater, that's how cold I am!
I'd gladly trade you right now for a little heat!

Princess Sarah.
Oct 14th, 2006, 11:21 PM
i love it when its cold (Australia cold not Canada cold)

But its ok now-a cool 22 degrees

myxomatosis
Oct 15th, 2006, 04:28 PM
So what exactly is Australia cold then?

Princess Sarah.
Oct 15th, 2006, 07:53 PM
for me 16 and below brrrrrrrrrr once it was 9 and i nearly died...it also depends where u live...i mean if u live in the mountains ur bound to expect minus temps
one night it was minus 5 in Sydney

totor
Oct 18th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Dina withraws for Hasselt. She's too tired. She'll back in 2007

Princess Sarah.
Oct 18th, 2006, 11:10 PM
aww poor Dinara! I hope she comes to sydney

anyway back to some off topic fun!
It is stinking hot today

myxomatosis
Oct 19th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Today wasn't too cold here. I wore a sweater and my winter jacket and I was alright. Usually even with mittens and a hat and winter jacket I'm freezing. I hate having to wear a winter hat though, it makes my hair look awful when I take it off.

Princess Sarah.
Oct 19th, 2006, 11:05 AM
i always wear a hat if possible because my hair is discusting curly and frizzy! talk about ewww

myxomatosis
Oct 19th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Well my hair is flat and straight as an arrow. I need to blowdry it to get volume. And putting a hat over it just deflates the volume. Not cool.

Ohhh I think you'd like this website Sarah... Hope is Emo (www.hopeisemo.com). You know what Emo is right?

Princess Sarah.
Oct 20th, 2006, 02:40 AM
i want emos to die
my best friend is emo :sad:

myxomatosis
Oct 21st, 2006, 03:11 PM
I thought emo's usually grew out of it by like 17 or 18?

So you want your best friend to die?? :scared: :rolls:

Princess Sarah.
Oct 22nd, 2006, 12:24 AM
lol no but i want her to stop being emo its embarrassing and she used to make fun of them now shes come out of the emo closet

myxomatosis
Oct 24th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Yeah but what's worse? emo or goth? they're pretty similar I guess actually.

Princess Sarah.
Oct 24th, 2006, 10:40 AM
They r both bad

i wrote a cool poem about von ranke!

~|Naomi|~
Oct 24th, 2006, 12:26 PM
I'm a little lost............What is an emo? Some sort of mutated emu? Or a baby form of an elmo? No seriously, what is an emo?

Princess Sarah.
Oct 24th, 2006, 07:46 PM
they r a growing trend of weirdos who dress all black and listen to emo music e.g. panic at the disco, and they think they r uber cool but they r uber sad

thats my description of them

myxomatosis
Oct 25th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Yeah that's a pretty good description Sarah. It's hard to describe emo. They mostly just think everything about the world sucks and that life is miserable. The music they listen to is kinda punk-ish pop whining about how awful their lives are and how depressed they are.
They also think they're so much 'deeper' than everyone else.

~|Naomi|~
Oct 26th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Yeah that's a pretty good description Sarah. It's hard to describe emo. They mostly just think everything about the world sucks and that life is miserable. The music they listen to is kinda punk-ish pop whining about how awful their lives are and how depressed they are.
They also think they're so much 'deeper' than everyone else.

Hmm they sound like such interesting people...................:o
I've probably seen them but never really taken notice of them.

myxomatosis
Oct 28th, 2006, 02:54 AM
Yeah for some reason emo is quite popular among the teeny-bopper set. barf.
I hate to say it, but I think the boy band craze of my teeny-bopper days was at least better than emo :tape:

Princess Sarah.
Oct 28th, 2006, 10:27 AM
i must agree bring back those tenny bopper days when men who were womanly were oh so dreamy......ahahaha i wrote that on a student feedback sheet for one of my history subjects about our lecturer....i think he's quite scary and needed a confidence boost

myxomatosis
Oct 29th, 2006, 01:04 AM
You wrote that your lecturer is womanly and dreamy?? :tape: :haha:

Oh man, I remember when about 90% of all 13 year old girls thought Nick Carter was the dreamiest guy on the face of the planet. I never did though and I'm quite proud of this fact.

Princess Sarah.
Oct 30th, 2006, 01:49 AM
i did :tape:

Laura i have a good one for u : I wish my grass was emo so that is would cut itself :haha:

No i just said the only good thing about the course was our lecturer...."he's just so dreamy!" and i drew love hearts around his name

myxomatosis
Oct 30th, 2006, 03:59 AM
lol it took me a second to get your emo joke :lol:
It's pretty terrible and yet oh so hilariously funny at the same time :rolls:

Anyway, this will be my last post for the next 2 weeks. I've imposed a 2 week ban on myself from visiting/posting on WTAworld due to the fact I spend waaay to much time on it and am basically using it as an excuse not to do schoolwork.

So I bid you good day! :hatoff:
(also I hope your crazy week of 4 midterms went well) ;)

Princess Sarah.
Oct 30th, 2006, 08:41 AM
awww NOOOOO (and they werent mid terms they were finals)

I wont be on here as much in the next 2 weeks either...i have exams then nothing for four months yay for me!

see u in 2 weeks

myxomatosis
Nov 5th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Like the sad, sad addict I am, I had to come crawling back to WTAworld just to get the shakes to go away. :lol:

Funny and also pissy annoying fact:

I got 69% on my Anth101 midterm
I got 98% on my Anth311 midterm

What. The. Fuck.

Princess Sarah.
Nov 5th, 2006, 09:43 AM
you nerd! u make me sick with ur smarts! i would be happy to get 69 in any subject its a credit

myxomatosis
Nov 7th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Good lord Sarah you make it sound like you fail everything! :lol:
And I know that's not true!

~|Naomi|~
Nov 8th, 2006, 12:47 AM
you nerd! u make me sick with ur smarts! i would be happy to get 69 in any subject its a credit

Yeah but I think in the US (not sure about Canda) they use a different marks system. I don't mean GPA - they use 4 point GPA but my uni used that but 69% at my uni & all aussie ones is a credit BUT I remember when there were some American study abroad students in some of my classes and they were talking between each other and they were like 'oh it is so easy to get good grades here, you only need 85% to get a HD - laugh laugh laugh, we are going to have such an easy semester' & I was like that is easy - what are you drongos smoking? Needless to say they didn't get an easy 85%:p Then I later found out that at their unis they use a different scale. Like for us 85% + is a HD but for them 85% isn't a HD. So I have no idea how they work out their percentage cause to me if you get 85 out of 100 it is 100% & 85 out of 100 isn't bad so why not make it a HD yeah?. I made a really good friend who was American and she never understood her marks and if she got a paper back and it had 77% on she would be like OMG what did I do wrong & have a heart attack & be like I thought is was pretty good, not outstanding but not this bad! & I'd be like yeah that is a distinction and she'd be like oh that's good:p Then when all her marks were converted by her 'home' uni she was only out here for a semester, her percentages went up but her actually grade (ie Distinction or HD) stayed the same:confused: .

Princess Sarah.
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:41 AM
ahahaha LOL! I think i failed my history exam lol! but i dont care!!! UNI IS OVER! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Princess Sarah.
Nov 8th, 2006, 08:47 AM
by the way the nth american system of marking is weird!

myxomatosis
Nov 9th, 2006, 12:00 PM
I think I'm really screwed for my linguistics midterm today.
Not good.

Princess Sarah.
Nov 11th, 2006, 07:20 AM
you'll be fine

i always feel screwed before an exam...and i come out feeling more screwed

myxomatosis
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:33 PM
you'll be fine

i always feel screwed before an exam...and i come out feeling more screwed:haha:
I'm actually not sure how I did...could be an 80% could be a 60%. :shrug:

myxomatosis
Nov 11th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Sarah, I command you to post something in here the second you see this message.

Princess Sarah.
Nov 12th, 2006, 08:40 AM
You Rang??? LOL

Whats up Laura???? I would have replied earlier but i was swept up in the excitement at work *note sarcasm*
while that place is taking hours away from my life...but reimbursing me, i have caught up on some reading which i have avoided at all costs the whole year.....At The moment i am reading shadow in the wind...and now i'm deciding what to eat...or to eat at alll...maybe i should avoid it....i'm turning into a walrus.........this means a heavy dose of pilates and yogalates....that Denise Austin woman is so annoying "you can do it....I'm soo proud of you [because you decided to fork out a whole lot of money to pay for my lipo which i pass off as exercise]"

Hope you all have had a great day! :wavey: