PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay in Miami

lindsayno1
Mar 20th, 2006, 03:41 PM
So the draws out today...surprised we havent had a thread yet! Heres to probably getting hingis, sharapova and someone else annoying in our quarter! (hingis aint annoying but we shouldnt play her til the final) :tape:

mike/topgun
Mar 20th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Let's go Linds even with a bulging disc you'll kick some granvilles asses>>
It'd be a huge disappointements if we don't get Masha, Martina, Kim in our draw
Some of my predictions- the Miamis draw Top half:
1.Kim Vs 25.Jankovic
11.Myskina Vs 19.Dechy
13.Vaidisva Vs 26.Koukalova
8. Patty Vs 23.Medina-Garrigues
4.Linds Vs 30.Hingis
12.Kuznetsova Vs 32.Bartoli
16.Pennetta Vs 17.ALG
5.Masha Vs 28.Srebotnik
- dream draw.
I thinkDavenport will pull out if this becomes reality...I doubt she's going to play if the back still bothering her, though.

LDF
Mar 20th, 2006, 07:22 PM
And Lindsay's out...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4827072.stm

Lindsay Davenport has pulled out of the Nasdaq-100 tournament in Miami because of a back injury.
The American former world number one has a bulging disc in her lower back which hampered her at last week's Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells.

"I was hoping to have recovered in time (for Miami) but unfortunately I am not yet ready to play at the top of my game," said Davenport, 29.

Fellow American Serena Williams is also out of the event with a knee injury.

Get well soon Lindsay :hug:

I think it's the best decision - she would've aggravated the injury, and for what, a QF showing or something?

I'll look forward to a fit and healthy Lindsay back in action :yeah:

tennisboi
Mar 20th, 2006, 07:24 PM
What a fu*king shame:sad: I hope she will be ok for Amelia Island

Andrew..
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Lolz. Now we'll miss the clay season with continuing "injury". But, I'm sure she'll be okay for Wimbly!

Lindsayfan32
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Yep it good she's not playing in Miami. Get over her back injury and get ready for Wimbledon. Even she misses the whole glay court season no big deal as she's not that good on it in the first place. Hopefully we'll see another repeat of 04. Crap first half to the year and a stong finish. We all know what Lindsay can do fully fit.

Andrew..
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Yep it good she's not playing in Miami. Get over her back injury and get ready for Wimbledon. Even she misses the whole glay court season no big deal as she's not that good on it in the first place. Hopefully we'll see another repeat of 04. Crap first half to the year and a stong finish. We all know what Lindsay can do fully fit.
That's stupid. Lindsay is a VERY good clay court player. Her attitude is horrible on it, thus losses to players we shouldn't be losing to. Top plays cannot skip entire parts of the season simply because they don't like to play.

This doesn't compare to 2004. The first half of 2004 for Lindsay was easily twice as successful as this year. It's her worst start to a season since 1996.

The Daviator
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:52 PM
That's stupid. Lindsay is a VERY good clay court player. Her attitude is horrible on it, thus losses to players we shouldn't be losing to. Top plays cannot skip entire parts of the season simply because they don't like to play.

This doesn't compare to 2004. The first half of 2004 for Lindsay was easily twice as successful as this year. It's her worst start to a season since 1996.

Really? What about 2002 when she didn't play until July :rolleyes:

I don't know why you put 'injury' in commas, she's a professional player, she's not going to lie and miss 2 and 1/2 months of the year just so she can vacation in Mexico, she loves AI, and she'll be missing that, there's something wrong, so please don't type injury as 'injury'...

RayRob
Mar 20th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Well, I partially expected it. It's probably an actual injury as there was apparently (according to articles) trouble with the back vs Hingis in IW. We can't ignore the fact however, that Lindsay never really likes to play Miami especially since it is a big tournie that follows immediately after a grand slam-like event in the form of Indian Wells.

Lindsay has already shown her disapproval at the fact of the WTA making Miami mandatory for all players as she usually skips Miami anyway. She has also made it clear to the WTA that she will be withdrawing from any event she doesn't want to play, whether the WTA say she must play or not.

That's the way it is and Lindsay has never been secretive about that fact...this is why I half expected the withdrawal from Miami.

-Rache

Andrew..
Mar 20th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Really? What about 2002 when she didn't play until July :rolleyes:

I don't know why you put 'injury' in commas, she's a professional player, she's not going to lie and miss 2 and 1/2 months of the year just so she can vacation in Mexico, she loves AI, and she'll be missing that, there's something wrong, so please don't type injury as 'injury'...
The START of her 2002 season, as in when she actually started playing, was very good. She made the SF of the first two tournaments she played, and then reached two consecutive finals.

The injury isn't forcing her out of the tournament. And she's not going to be suffering from this injury in six weeks. Do you think she'll actually show up for Rome or RG?

MH0861
Mar 21st, 2006, 12:19 AM
It's her worst start to a season since 1996.

Well, she won a gold medal in 1996, so maybe all hope isn't lost. ;)

Honestly, it was wise to withdraw from Miami. If she's really hurt, no need to play in discomfort, risk further injury, or spark another one playing in Miami. Move on, Linds.

Now.. on the other hand, she can't possibly think she can just show up at Wimbledon and win the title. I'm hoping she gets ANY type of match play in before Wimbledon.. she has to realize that too.

MH0861
Mar 21st, 2006, 12:21 AM
Lolz. Now we'll miss the clay season with continuing "injury". But, I'm sure she'll be okay for Wimbly!

She's going to be 30, Andrew. She's injured. She's been on the tour for over 13 years. I think she's earned the right to pick and choose the tournaments and surfaces she'd like to play at this stage in her career. As a top player or not.

lindsayno1
Mar 21st, 2006, 01:10 AM
im glad she pulled out. hope she plays AI thou now... take a wild card!

Andrew..
Mar 21st, 2006, 01:46 AM
She doesn't need a WC. She's been on the entry list for months. :retard:

Solitaire
Mar 21st, 2006, 05:48 AM
She doesn't like Miami and clay is her worst surface so if she needs this time off so be it. Lindz is towards the end of her career and she'll do what she wants. Granted I'd rather have her play but she's more concerned with winning one more slam rather then winning Miami or another AI.

lindsayno1
Mar 21st, 2006, 09:04 AM
She doesn't need a WC. She's been on the entry list for months.

oh ok i thought she didnt intend to play. i stand corrected!

mike/topgun
Mar 21st, 2006, 02:13 PM
Doubt she'll play in AI even though she loves the place. However, if she plays there she should play in Charleston and RG too. The most probable vision is -for now- a long vacations till Wimbledon. I tend to agree with Andrew coz it's true she's a great claycourt player and her "lack" of results is due to her attitude.Then it's true she never liked Miami, but it's true she's almost 30 and injured...I hope it's true that her best shot on winnig the last slam is going to be in London this year. Am I wrong? Maybe some of you fellow Tops would like to see her playing in Key Biscayne like she did in IW and loosing to f.e. Hingis again? She doesn't want to play there and she's not fit enough - she's not able to show her best tennis atm:/ Before this season we did know that it's going to be a health issue/problem which could ruin her plans. It's a gamble. Look at Mary Pierce...or Clijsters and WS - there're injuries everywhere. She must recover her back soon, as it's significant while taking her serve to the highest level before Wimbledon. :tape: Without 100% fit back and consistent service form Lindsays chance on winning Wimby is near to =0. :tape:

Kimmi
Mar 21st, 2006, 02:18 PM
Thank god she isn't playing!! I think she should take the 6 weeks off that she's been advised to take and then decide from there. None of this coming bavk early crap, just take it easy :)

I don't think that she's faking this injury just to get out of Miami. She's openly stated that she doesn't like this "mandatory" bulls**t, so if she wanted to protest against it, I'm pretty certain that she would have just said no and formed a picket line outside :lol:

RJWCapriati
Mar 22nd, 2006, 02:35 AM
Get well Lindsay...we're going to win Wimbledon this year :yeah:

Ty-Ty
Mar 22nd, 2006, 03:02 AM

She won an Olympic Gold Medal in 1996. ;)

Frederic
Mar 22nd, 2006, 01:24 PM
Hardcourt is the worst surface for her back... But it is the surface on which she can beat everyone... I really think Lindsay will do great things after this time out of the courts... I really feel it.

Andrew..
Mar 22nd, 2006, 09:46 PM
You felt like she's win the AO.

Feelings mean nothing.

Frederic
Mar 23rd, 2006, 01:01 PM
You felt like she's win the AO.

Feelings mean nothing.
I agree with you Andrew... But I just want to share my ideas with you all... As you said, they are just my feelings. But, you know, it's not because Lindsay had a bad start, lost a few easy matches that it's gonna be a bad year... I can be wrong, but anyway, time will show us...

Andrew..
Mar 23rd, 2006, 03:49 PM
If Lindsay goes into Wimbly having not played a match since IW, I guarentee she loses by the QF.

mike/topgun
Mar 23rd, 2006, 04:19 PM
Don't worry. If Linds plays at her best level she's able to beat anyone...you know 'if':(

Andrew..
Mar 23rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
Lindsay at her best is the best player on tour. But, when was the last time she played a complete match in top form against a top player? Probably August 2004.

Andrew..
Mar 23rd, 2006, 05:27 PM
Oh, or March 2005. But that lasted one match.

LostInThe80s
Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:17 PM
I have to ask you guys - who are you rooting for now that Linds is out? I'm going with Justine and Momo. :)

mike/topgun
Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:28 PM
Oh, or March 2005. But that lasted one match.
Plus 6-0 against Dechy(not a top player but back then she was in-form) and 4-0 lead and bp on Kim's serve in the finals first set:p...No, actually you're right. It was a long time ago, that Lindsay played her best tennis indeed.

Now that we don't have Davenport in the draw I'm routing for Masha, coz her game impresses me more, and more, as time goes on...Frankly, she really
reminded me the Lindsay Davenport (from like 98-2001, 2004-05 Wimby) when she blew Martina off the court in IW;).I wouldn't like to see JHH, or Momo winning it, coz that could sugest that the field is getting weaker and weaker unfortunately...now that most of the greatest champions are out Davenport,WS, Capriati etc.Maybe I'm way too sentimental:p

Lindsayfan32
Mar 23rd, 2006, 07:37 PM
Well, Andrew I disagree with you. First Lindsay is not faking the injury. Yes she hasn't liked to play Miami for the last 2 years but there is no way she's faking this injury. Lindsay's worst surface is clay and apart of AI in the last 3 to 4 years name one clay court tournment Lindsay's won. If an injury had to happen now is the best time for it to happen as she wouldn't play at this time anyway not that I'd wish for Lindsay to have an injury in the first place.

Andrew..
Mar 23rd, 2006, 08:36 PM
She's not faking, but she can play with this if she wanted to.

Elite players don't skip entire blocks of a season just because they don't feel like playing. End of story.

The Daviator
Mar 25th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Guys, JH-H and Kim have both been bumped out of Miami, does Lindsay's situation look so dire now?

Andrew..
Mar 25th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Yes. Bye.

The Daviator
Mar 26th, 2006, 12:34 AM
Yes. Bye.

Sorry, my mistake, I forgot that any positive comments in Lindsay's forum are disallowed :lol:

:retard:

Andrew..
Mar 26th, 2006, 04:00 AM
I forgot. Lindsay missing tournaments to party with Vee and Ree is fun.

N00bs are always so cool. So Generation Z.

Andrew..
Mar 26th, 2006, 04:06 AM
On a serious level, you're point about how everyone else sucking was "positive" is not positive at all. It shows that if Lindsay turned up, she'd have a piss easy draw to at least the SF, and then possible Mauresmo for a spot in the Miami final. She's not there. How is that positive.

I still think she turns up at AI. That would be a really good thing. The field there is probably one of the weakest tier II's I've ever seen.

The Daviator
Mar 26th, 2006, 05:39 PM
On a serious level, you're point about how everyone else sucking was "positive" is not positive at all. It shows that if Lindsay turned up, she'd have a piss easy draw to at least the SF, and then possible Mauresmo for a spot in the Miami final. She's not there. How is that positive.

I still think she turns up at AI. That would be a really good thing. The field there is probably one of the weakest tier II's I've ever seen.

You'd like everyone to believe that Lindsay is not a top 5 player, and that the others are 'pulling away' from her, I'm pointing out that this is pure BS...

Lindsay would have thrashed Kim yesterday, now I know you don't want to hear that because apparently 'Lindsay sucks right now' :rolleyes:, but that is exactly what would have happened...

Yes, she's struggling, but it's worth pointing out that she's not the only one, do you think Lindsay would have lost to Craybas, hitting 84 UEs? Hell no! She would have beaten Shaughnessy too. Right now, only Mauresmo and Sharapova are having a good time of it, everyone else has got issues, Lindsay's not the only one, please don't make her situation out to be apocalyptic when you see the Belgians suck like they did at this event...

Andrew..
Mar 26th, 2006, 05:49 PM
I didn't think that's what you were saying. My bad.

Lindsay IS a top five player. What I'm saying is that she's not going to keep her ranking up if these results continue, or if she plays such a reduced schedule. But based on ability, Lindsay is still one of the best players out there. She just has to work out some of her shit.

The Daviator
Mar 26th, 2006, 05:55 PM
I didn't think that's what you were saying. My bad.

Lindsay IS a top five player. What I'm saying is that she's not going to keep her ranking up if these results continue, or if she plays such a reduced schedule. But based on ability, Lindsay is still one of the best players out there. She just has to work out some of her shit.

I agree :yeah:

mike/topgun
Mar 26th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Have you guys heard that WC was given to JHH for entering AI?

Andrew..
Mar 26th, 2006, 09:29 PM
I don't think she's entered. I've just heard that she "might" ask for a WC. Nothing confirmed yet.

lindsayno1
Mar 26th, 2006, 10:35 PM
ugh

mike/topgun
Mar 26th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Ok, so it may happen...you know she's the ultimate claycourts queen, so could be she dumped Miami to prepere for AI and the rest of the season in Europe.
Even though I'm still not sure, whether Linds should play in AI while she's not 100% fit and eager to compete. Must wait another week at least, and it seemed that she might need those 4-6 weeks to recover fully. What do you think bout Nasdaq field? JHH Clijsters out. Davenport, Pierce and WS DNS...there're only Masha, Mauresmo, Hingis and Schnyder of course the Russians - Dementy and Nadia...couldn't forget Maria Kirilenko. A weak field like for a mandatory event. Almost the same in the mens draw with Nadal being ousted by Moya. I'm convinced that Linds would have fought for the title here, but she's unable to play at her best level yet:(