PDA

View Full Version : Sending and exchanging videos by POST

Youf
Mar 20th, 2006, 12:10 PM
You know, a lot of people in Russia have not so fast internet. So do I (with the speed of 5 KB/sec). With this speed I can't download the full videos of Dementieva's matches, but I would like to. And I thought, maybe someone could send me videos he/she has by post!

I want to have a lot of matches and I am not an exception. Many people can't afford to download them because of the slow Internet speed.

You tell me what sum of money I should send you back for your video (recorded on CD, DVD, VHS). Or you can send them to me as a present. :rolleyes: It's my barefaced impudence! ;)

I live in Krasnodar. Everyone who can send me some videos, please write what are they. Mostly I would like to have full matches: Lena vs Hingis (Tokyo, 2006, F). Lena vs Justine (Indian Wells, 2006, SF).

Other great wins of Elena are welcome!

Dementinator
Mar 20th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I have the Hingis final at tokyo , Lena V Kim at filderstadt ,uso 2004 ones etc on DVD ,can arrange soemthing for a SMALL fee to cover a disc and postage..
I also have Lena at HK 2005 ,beating none other than Sharapova and Venus.

Youf
Mar 20th, 2006, 01:13 PM
I have the Hingis final at tokyo , Lena V Kim at filderstadt ,uso 2004 ones etc on DVD ,can arrange soemthing for a SMALL fee to cover a disc and postage..
I also have Lena at HK 2005 ,beating none other than Sharapova and Venus.

Thanks for your answer!! You live in Great Britain? :confused:
I would like to have all: the Hingis final at tokyo , Lena V Kim at filderstadt ,uso 2004 ones etc on DVD! What would it cost? I'm a student and can't pay much. :awww:
What's HK? I don't know this abbreviation! :rolleyes:

SloKid
Mar 20th, 2006, 01:28 PM
HK is Hong Kong ;)
There's a annual exhibition played there in January ;)

~Dementievaitis~
Mar 20th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks for your answer!! You live in Great Britain? :confused:
I would like to have all: the Hingis final at tokyo , Lena V Kim at filderstadt ,uso 2004 ones etc on DVD! What would it cost? I'm a student and can't pay much. :awww:
What's HK? I don't know this abbreviation! :rolleyes:

HK stands for my home - Hong Kong;)

I don't have the Germany Qf (actually I'm downloading but stucked at 64%:sad: )

I can mail a DVD to you
It doesn't cost too much. In my home town HK, a DVD-r costs HK$3 (around USD 0.4-0.5). The air-mail service doesn't cost me more than HK$6 if I interpret the Post service website right. http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/postage_rates/index.htm

I could mail to you free (since it's not really that expensive) but please leave me your address and the matches you want to me in PM. Perhaps then Captain can send me the matches I don't have through internet :) .

Youf
Mar 20th, 2006, 01:53 PM
HK stands for my home - Hong Kong;)

I don't have the Germany Qf (actually I'm downloading but stucked at 64%:sad: )

I can mail a DVD to you
It doesn't cost too much. In my home town HK, a DVD-r costs HK$3 (around USD 0.4-0.5). The air-mail service doesn't cost me more than HK$6 if I interpret the Post service website right. http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/postage_rates/index.htm

I could mail to you free (since it's not really that expensive) but please leave me your address and the matches you want to me in PM. Perhaps then Captain can send me the matches I don't have through internet :) .

Thanks for attention! :) What matches can you send me? So 1 USD = 27,5 RUR. So it's not so big amount. Even for student... The problem is how to trasfer money from me to you as our banks in Krasnodar can't send money to HK I think...

I'm so pleased that you can send them for free, but i don't know... It so pretty from your side and so boldly from my one... :rolleyes:

Youf
Mar 20th, 2006, 01:56 PM
HK is Hong Kong ;)
There's a annual exhibition played there in January ;)

:scratch: Now I know! :drive: Thanks!

~Dementievaitis~
Mar 20th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks for attention! :) What matches can you send me? So 1 USD = 27,5 RUR. So it's not so big amount. Even for student... The problem is how to trasfer money from me to you as our banks in Krasnodar can't send money to HK I think...

I'm so pleased that you can send them for free, but i don't know... It so pretty from your side and so boldly from my one... :rolleyes:

You don't need to send me any money beacuse it doesn't really cost much. It's not like US where a disk costs dollars :eek: . In Hong Kong, you can buy anything by a much lower prize (I'm hard-selling my city! Do come if you have a chance:lol:)

Elena's fan should help each other:angel: That's what Elena said, 'I don't think anyone has such good fans'

But I don't know if I could mail a disk. Perhaps I will check it tmr in post office.

Youf
Mar 20th, 2006, 02:40 PM
You don't need to send me any money beacuse it doesn't really cost much. It's not like US where a disk costs dollars :eek: . In Hong Kong, you can buy anything by a much lower prize (I'm hard-selling my city! Do come if you have a chance:lol:)

Elena's fan should help each other:angel: That's what Elena said, 'I don't think anyone has such good fans'

But I don't know if I could mail a disk. Perhaps I will check it tmr in post office.

Millions of thanks to you despite all results you have tomorrow!! :wavey: I'm really confused! :rolleyes: We know each other for several hours and you are ready to send me a disk! Yeah, Elena's fans should always help each other, even if they are spread all over the world.

Waiting for your info about postage! And then we finally decide what matches you're going to send to me.

If I have a chance, I'll visit this city! It will be very interesting I'm sure. Thanks you once more! :hug:

Dementinator
Mar 20th, 2006, 03:08 PM
ita cheap enough from the UK to Russia as far as I know ,if you email me your MAiling adrdress ,I can see what I can do ,i have just got an offer on some blank dvds and as I own a computer store ,its not so bad , in fact I collect some currency for fun ,so if you sent me any Russian Bank note ,however low the Denomination ,that would be great !! I havent seen Russian money before ,I guess you still use Roubles? not be infected with those stupid Euro thingys yet i hope? :lol:

Yes HK is Hong Kong ,I do have RG 2004 too ,her beating Momo. and FEd cup final ,mary pierce and Momo again...

Dementinator
Mar 20th, 2006, 03:09 PM
oh my email is recharn@aol.com and u can often catch me on MSN at dementinator@hotmail.com

~Dementievaitis~
Mar 21st, 2006, 01:07 PM
I've ask the cs in the post office
And I can mail a disk
And it's real cheap
so you really don't need to give me any money. Perhaps someday I would ask for your help~:angel:~

Youf, I don't know which Elena's matches I have (since I have both DVDs and VHSs<<yup, old-fashioned:lick: of Elena's matches). But you can post the matches you want here so I could check.

Leave me your address in Private Mesage.

I need to finish an essay on 'structualist and post-structualist' (yup, another old-fashioned:lol:) in this week, but hopefully I can mail to you on Sat or Sun

Dementinator
Mar 21st, 2006, 01:24 PM
i could send him the Tokyo Final and Filderstadt one against Kim.. if he would like

Youf
Mar 21st, 2006, 02:06 PM
Thank you, Dementinator (unfortunately, don't know your name :rolleyes: ) I've send an e-mail to you.

~Dementievaitis~!! (Don't know your name, too :rolleyes: ) As Dementinator sends me Tokyo (vs Hingis) and Fildestadt (vs Kim), I would like to have Lena's matches:

Most of all, Lena vs Justine in Indian Wells, not long ago, where she has beaten her 2:6 7:5 7:5. I would like to see this show very-very much!!!

I would also like to have Lena's US OPEN matches
- 2004 (where she has beaten Mauresmo and Capriati)
- and 2005 (where she has reached SF, beating Davenport, saving a Match point!!).

And of course Rolland Garros 2004 where she had beaten both Mauresmo and Davenport.

These are the most wished matches for me!!!

Shoulderpova
Mar 21st, 2006, 02:55 PM
~Dementievaitis~ , i have a confession to make :awww:
i still couldn't watch that match. I gave up as i thought i caused you enough trouble :sad:
thank you again :awww:
Too bad i can't help Youf :( Hope you'll get what you want very soon :wavey:

Youf
Mar 21st, 2006, 03:04 PM
~Dementievaitis~ , i have a confession to make :awww:
i still couldn't watch that match. I gave up as i thought i caused you enough trouble :sad:
thank you again :awww:
Too bad i can't help Youf :( Hope you'll get what you want very soon :wavey:

What do you mean by "THAT" match? :confused: Match Dementieva vs ?

Shoulderpova
Mar 21st, 2006, 03:12 PM
What do you mean by "THAT" match? :confused: Match Dementieva vs ?
Dementieva vs Hingis, Tokyo final :devil:
i couldn't watch it even with ~Dementievaitis~'s help
download completed but i can't watch :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Youf
Mar 21st, 2006, 03:53 PM
download completed but i can't watch :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

To avoid these occasions when I download big files (for my Internet speed, "big" is 30-35 MB), I stop my downloading at ~ 15% and check if the file works on my PC. I use FlashGet. A lot of videos work on one PC, but don't work on another...

I think you need another codek to watch the video... Or another program to playback?...

Dementinator
Mar 21st, 2006, 04:12 PM

I have it on DVD so maybes I can help

LenaDdict
Mar 21st, 2006, 06:17 PM
I've just looked through the official site of Lena but coouldn't find any full matches, only short highlights at its best. Just wondering, people, where do you get all this stuff on DVDs from? I'd probably like to download the most recent match with Justine... bittorrent?
Yet another bright Idea has just visited me - what if we chose a tracker where all of us can present torrents with matches I mean those who have them recorded (since the official site doesn't seem to have that capacity for storing large download files)
there are a lot of very little convinient trackers in Russia we can chose from and all the stuff will be always available to the fans
May be the idea is not as bright as it seems to me therefore I'd welcome other bright ideas or hints as to where I(we) can download videos from (not getting stuck at 65%..)

gentzy
Mar 21st, 2006, 08:38 PM
You did not look well LenaDdict ..the official site has full matches...I am a member there and I know where they are...in the Video Thread of the forum...and also Elena vs Justine is being uploaded by our wonderful member Qwerty ...so if you're fans of Elena visit the site and download how much you want....fans should stick togheter !!! :wavey:

Youf
Mar 22nd, 2006, 12:04 PM
~Dementievaitis~, where are you? :sad:

~Dementievaitis~
Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:25 PM
Just online
I've got your mail address ;)
I let you know once I mail you
Let me check if Iahve all 5 matches first

~Dementievaitis~
Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:28 PM
try install this
It has lots of codec which should let the videos work

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

LenaDdict
Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:41 PM
thanks Genzi, my mistake, already downloading...
interestingly, there seems to be lots of matches... what a relief!
:)

~Dementievaitis~
Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:59 PM
You did not look well LenaDdict ..the official site has full matches...I am a member there and I know where they are...in the Video Thread of the forum...and also Elena vs Justine is being uploaded by our wonderful member Qwerty ...so if you're fans of Elena visit the site and download how much you want....fans should stick togheter !!! :wavey:

Thank you~~
In fact I download from everywhere (even if I can tape some by tape recorder) :lol:

to youf, he needs weeks to download a match as the internet connection is so slow. This leaves mail as the only option

to us who have faster connection, we can still enjoy the internet download from the official site and wtaworld

Then every Elena fans can stick together:bounce::bounce:

~Dementievaitis~
Mar 23rd, 2006, 01:15 PM
Youf
I have 1-4
but not

5 and 6. Rolland Garros 2004 where she had beaten both Mauresmo and Davenport.

Anyone has these two?
I only had SF and Final of 04's RG

Youf
Mar 23rd, 2006, 01:30 PM
Youf
I have 1-4
but not

5 and 6. Rolland Garros 2004 where she had beaten both Mauresmo and Davenport.

Anyone has these two?
I only had

Will it cost you very much if you send me 1-4 PLUS SF and Final of 04's RG? :awww:

~Dementievaitis~
Mar 23rd, 2006, 01:50 PM
Will it cost you very much if you send me 1-4 PLUS SF and Final of 04's RG? :awww:

surely not;)~~
don't worry:D

Youf
Mar 23rd, 2006, 02:34 PM
surely not;)~~
don't worry:D

Great!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: I can't imagine that some day I'll have these 6 matches, full matches, in my home!!! :bounce:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gentzy
Mar 23rd, 2006, 08:14 PM
I can help you with some videos...but I see you already have help on its way :D ...but if there's something I can do to help you just ask ...I might be able to send you some DVDs to Russia since I'm a little closer in Romania :P

Youf
Mar 24th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I can help you with some videos...but I see you already have help on its way :D ...but if there's something I can do to help you just ask ...I might be able to send you some DVDs to Russia since I'm a little closer in Romania :P

Yeah, you can! :rolleyes: I would like to have Rolland Garros 2004 where Dementieva had beaten both Mauresmo and Davenport
And maybe other great her wins except which are mentioned here.
What do you have?
Thanks for your attention and understanding! :wavey:
P.S. Lena has really great fans!!! :bounce:

gentzy
Mar 26th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Aaaaaa....those matches I don't have...but if you could find a link for them on the Internet I could download them and then send them to you...maybe I'll look in the Video Thread of the General Messages but I don't think I'll find them...I have the matches in the Fed Cup...and others...I don't remember them all...but all of the matches I have are wins, because I wouldn't want to see Lena lose :)

Youf
Mar 27th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Aaaaaa....those matches I don't have...but if you could find a link for them on the Internet I could download them and then send them to you...maybe I'll look in the Video Thread of the General Messages but I don't think I'll find them...I have the matches in the Fed Cup...and others...I don't remember them all...but all of the matches I have are wins, because I wouldn't want to see Lena lose :)

Of course, I don't want to have matches where Lena loses!!! :) Maybe you'll send me some Lena's BIG wins from Miami? :lick:
Maybe I'll find some links in the net... And maybe you will recommend to watch some of her other best wins, which I don't know about?? :rolleyes: