PDA

View Full Version : Who is Lena's rival?

miffedmax
Mar 17th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Oh, of course, I know. Lena has no rivals, no competition, she is just the best. Yet they still compel her to play matches rather than just handing her the trophies she deserves. Who do you most like to see Dementiated?

Gisela Dulko: two big upsets of the Golden Goddess

Hingis: provided us with two special Lena moments: Filderstadt and Tokyo

Nastya: Friendly rivalry between players and fans, loooooooong history makes this one special.

Sveta: Maybe they've made up over "Medicinegate" but US Open loss still stings

JHH: bad habit of beating on Lena makes it sweeter when she wins

Mary Pierce: US Open '05. Fed Cup was only partial revenge.

Masha: TOB can only compete with Lena on the court

Venus: Got Elena's gold medal, but Elena has had some good wins against the big WS.

Dementinator
Mar 17th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I am going for the queen of darkness ,Nastya ,to me thats the match up that makes little sense ...I mean ,Davenport ,Kim ,Justine etc ,when they are fully on they are almostimpossible to beat ,so losing to them is understandable..Nastya on the other hand is a great player and I would expect her to beat Lena now and again ,but not the amount of times she has ,Lena has way way to much firepower ,she should be winning 7 times out of 10 ,so thats the biggest rival I think..

I guess they are close friends and thats what makes it special ,but i dread Nastya looming up in lenas quarter ,although shes been redressing the balance a little lately with wins in Moscow and Tokyo..

gentzy
Mar 17th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Hm ...tough....Nastya would be a direct choice but the history with Mary Pierce can't be forgotten...so I guess ... hmm :scratch: .......really tough...But I'll go with Mary Pierce because I don't like her at all :devil: ....she's not a fair player :cuckoo: :smash: ...{sorry for those who sustain her :angel: }

miffedmax
Mar 17th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Gee, Cap'n, I would have thought you were more down on Kuzzy.

Dementinator
Mar 17th, 2006, 08:53 PM
oh as far as Players I hate Max ,cuzzies right up there :lol: its just i never understood why Lena had so much trouble with Nasty, Lena beats Kuzzie more often than not...

Paco
Mar 18th, 2006, 10:39 AM
I voted for Nastya, but honestly I think that Lena herself is the biggest opponent

Swiss Ivo
Mar 18th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Lena`s all time rival, is my country woman, Patty Schnyder! ;)

the cat
Mar 18th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Maria Sharapova.

selyoink
Mar 19th, 2006, 06:30 AM
How can it be anyone other than Nastya? So many matches such intense drama in many of those matches.

Next would be Pierce in my eyes due to the US Open stunt. I'll go to my grave believing that Pierce wasn't injured in any way. I'm not sure if I've ever been so angry while watching live tennis then that match. Even my roomate who doesn't watch tennis except when I am hates Pierce now because of that match.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 19th, 2006, 07:04 AM
The finals

selyoink
Mar 19th, 2006, 07:11 AM
The finals

:lol:

Solitaire
Mar 19th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Oh, of course, I know. Lena has no rivals, no competition, she is just the best. Yet they still compel her to play matches rather than just handing her the trophies she deserves.

This works for me. :)

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Mar 19th, 2006, 09:53 PM
1.- Martina Navratilova
2.- Steffi Graf
3.- Chris Evert
4.- Billie Jean King
5.- Monica Seles

They are :D :D .

Swiss Ivo
Mar 20th, 2006, 06:21 AM
1.- Martina Navratilova
2.- Steffi Graf
3.- Chris Evert
4.- Billie Jean King
5.- Monica Seles

They are :D :D .

:worship: Steffi Graf :worship:

UDACHi
Mar 26th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Nastya then Mary.

Almalyk
Mar 26th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Nastya for sure.. but their rivalry is much closer than it was a year or so ago.

kristen
Mar 26th, 2006, 05:15 AM
Justine HH

LenaDdict
Mar 27th, 2006, 08:28 AM
I think its Mauresmo, because each of them were frequently referred to as the best player without slam and each of them waited till a major title comes upon'em. Mauresmo has one now, so its time for Lena to pull Mauresmo down from her heights and take the throne :)
In second place i'd put Patty Schnyder, as one has a bad habit of beating Lena each time they meet, even not belonging to the top 5 Patty is like Clijsters for Lena, almost impossible to beat - so Patty makes a true rival in terms of a game quality whereas Mauresmo is more of a psycological rival

Corswandt
Apr 14th, 2006, 12:42 AM
The finals

Post of the month.

Corswandt
Apr 14th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Voted JHH. The Belgians tend to be on the way of players aiming for big titles. And big titles is what we want, right?

Corswandt
Apr 14th, 2006, 12:52 AM
In second place i'd put Patty Schnyder, as one has a bad habit of beating Lena each time they meet, even not belonging to the top 5 Patty is like Clijsters for Lena, almost impossible to beat - so Patty makes a true rival in terms of a game quality whereas Mauresmo is more of a psycological rival

O RLY? (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/players/playerprofiles/PlayerHeadToHeadDetail.asp?PlayerID=190519&Player1ID=40289)

meyerpl
Apr 14th, 2006, 07:03 AM
The most satisfying opponents for me to watch Elena beat right now would be Sharapova, closely followed by JHH. I don't ever want to see Myskina lose another match as long as she plays. I suppose that's asking a lot. :lol:

squig2k
Apr 14th, 2006, 02:28 PM
hmm myskina i have to say - that friendly rivalry thing i agree with. dementieva seems to have a few losses against myskina